PDA

View Full Version : Remember when?

Bravo Zulu
01-30-2014, 02:18 PM
So today, this funny thing happened. I thought I would post it here, and although I'm sure people will feel compelled to troll this thread, this is not a complaint nor is it a diatribe about how the game has changed. This is simply something that caught my attention and led me to reflect on this game and my almost two years of playing time.

Those of you have have been playing as long, or longer, will undoubtably understand this.

I have respawned four times. Lol. I have a level 246, a 116, a 45, and a 12. I have respawned each time there has been a relatively big game change, anticipating the retirement of the ones who can't keep up with the current changes. All four are actually in play, although I still devote most of my time to the highest two levels right now. Just kinda laying a foundation for the other two. But I digress from the reason for this thread.

My level 12 is doing the raid boss in my faction. She has gained 100k in stats I noticed today. She is 159k attack and 187k def.

I realized as I looked down on my new prodigy, she is exactly the same defense stats that I was when I became the DL of my faction almost a year ago. I was somewhere around level 130 at the time, and had been playing MW for a year. I was very proud of being DL and my stats were pretty good for a top 250 faction back then.

It made me realize just how much the game has changed- and I don't mean it got worse. It really is just a different ball game. My 246 can regen +12 in 57 seconds and I don't ever think my level 12 will have the chance at some of those olden days' bonuses. As bonuses to give an edge in game play gave way to straight higher stats, I never really noticed such a stark difference in the evolution of the game. In some ways, it was really neat to see that.

In many ways I think it is cool to raise an llp, it gives you the chance to reinvent the game for yourself. Just sayin. :)

D1E Luke
01-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Just like the 50's, things really changed too. I've encountered your level 116 account as well. Lol. Also, I'm not a 50's kid. I just remember my dad telling me about how things changed since the 50's and how great they were. I'm a 90's kid. :P

ploop
01-30-2014, 02:34 PM
I remember when i had 100k stats and that was good.

I Will Merc You
01-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Modern War will prevail, because of it's ability to evolve..

Great post Bravo!!

Change is much easier to appreciate if you decide to roll with it, as opposed to fight it.

Mw Adam
01-30-2014, 02:58 PM
Exactly a year ago I was 55k attack around level 150. lol. I have a mini game now that is 2.2 mil below level 50. Yes the game has changed.

JerseyGirl
01-30-2014, 03:06 PM
I totaly agree. By the way, the game is changing, gree is giving out bigger units for new players to catch up with the old ones.

Bravo Zulu
01-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Just like the 50's, things really changed too. I've encountered your level 116 account as well. Lol. Also, I'm not a 50's kid. I just remember my dad telling me about how things changed since the 50's and how great they were. I'm a 90's kid. :P

And I walked up hill both ways in the snow to play a video game (Frogger) at the corner arcade in the 80s. These kids have it easy now! ;)

D1E Luke
01-30-2014, 04:29 PM
And I walked up hill both ways in the snow to play a video game (Frogger) at the corner arcade in the 80s. These kids have it easy now! ;)

I didn't have it easy when I was younger because my grandma was still stuck in the 50's. We had all those old tv's, phones, and etc. I just couldn't walk to the arcade on my own since that was the start of rapists, murderers, and so on. I grew up to not be spoiled like a lot of kids today, even 5 year olds are walking around with iPads and so on.

HollaPainYo
01-30-2014, 04:53 PM
I agree BZ. My wife and I were at one time in your faction, we were new to the game and still did not understand a whole lot of it. We built and upgraded and expanded and did missions as our paltry energy levels would allow, and we saw stats grow slowly with effort over time.

Fast forward almost a year and we have 6 accounts between us ranging from multi million stats (DL) and almost 10million iph to one we started from scratch yesterday. The one we started yesterday already has stats in the 10,000 range..at level 7..…in a span of 6 hours! So much for slow and steady I guess.

So, not having been here as long as you I can still say I have also seen the game change. I don't plan on ever catching the monster stat players, but I also dont want to fall behind the folks at any of our accounts given levels.

Happy gaming,

HollaPainYo

Michael0218
01-30-2014, 06:15 PM
I remember saving up game money and buying Aircraft Carriers because I was going to be the defense leader in my faction...that 64 defense sure looked good back then. I got up to 25 of those things.

Bndawgs
01-30-2014, 06:49 PM
i remember when raiding a lvl 1 oil rig was a lot of money.

Tncatfan
01-30-2014, 06:55 PM

Lol, galaga at the quick pick and 2 bucks in quarters and i was good for hours!

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
01-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Nice! I love thinkin' about them olden days. I've been playing since day 1. First CC.. Then MW.. Then KA.. then MQ. Clearly I have a problem... as many of us do. Played all from the jump. When I started my faction... I was 10K/20K... No gold not ever.. And 800K iph (which was excellent back then). I still use the same account. After all this time I'm still a lvl 120. Camper to the core. At least this new form of camping... Which is basically just being conscious of how actions affect stat/XP ratio. Back then camping (and the game itself) was pretty funny. There were no events. I just spent my time upgrading buildings. Raiding periodically to collect respect/valor for the "sick" units. I remember when they introduced the first collect 10 event. It was in CC. The final unit was called Diamond Duster I believe. It was a 200/200 unit with a +1 respect (valor) bonus per fight. I remember thinking how amazing it was. Taking it for a spin after completing the event. I remember that my faction somehow managed to squeeze out a 109th in Brazil and 99th in Greenland. Right before spending increased exponentially. Lol... Our highest two finishes since we started. Our DL was Deuce... A solid 50K defense if I remember correctly. Deuce is still our DL.. and he's passed 20M just recently.

Looking forward. When do you expect we will see the first 1M stat unit? How about 1B? When do you expect scouting reports to look like 520 cOsMiC 3.5B? My guesses: 1M unit within 4 months. 1B within 18 months. Stats in the billions 10 months.

DTA-HOG
01-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Cute thread. Who is the jackass that gave it 1 star?

Bravo Zulu
01-31-2014, 11:33 AM
i remember when raiding a lvl 1 oil rig was a lot of money.

When I found a nano to raid I would get giddy. Lol

Bravo Zulu
01-31-2014, 11:39 AM
Looking forward. When do you expect we will see the first 1M stat unit? How about 1B? When do you expect scouting reports to look like 520 cOsMiC 3.5B? My guesses: 1M unit within 4 months. 1B within 18 months. Stats in the billions 10 months.

Ah. My first crate 3 pack- I marveled over the stat increase for days. Lol. After reading some posts by CJ, I'm going to give it 3 months before a 1 mil stat. Soon, that range of stat unit will be the only kind that will be lucrative for people with 30+ million in stats- and I see many around my level approaching that fast. My defense stats have went up 12 million in 5 months, and I don't spend much gold.

1 billion I'll give it 12 months. Only because it might take a while to get all those zeros to fit on a screen. ;)

Bravo Zulu
01-31-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree BZ. My wife and I were at one time in your faction, we were new to the game and still did not understand a whole lot of it. We built and upgraded and expanded and did missions as our paltry energy levels would allow, and we saw stats grow slowly with effort over time.

Fast forward almost a year and we have 6 accounts between us ranging from multi million stats (DL) and almost 10million iph to one we started from scratch yesterday. The one we started yesterday already has stats in the 10,000 range..at level 7..…in a span of 6 hours! So much for slow and steady I guess.

So, not having been here as long as you I can still say I have also seen the game change. I don't plan on ever catching the monster stat players, but I also dont want to fall behind the folks at any of our accounts given levels.

Happy gaming,

HollaPainYo

Great to hear you guys are doing so well! Yes, my little llp is now a big level 13 with 200k stats. Just amazing to watch happen so quickly what used to take a year. Kinda fun, in a different way. The game is definitely not leisurely anymore. Lol

Luuzer
01-31-2014, 01:10 PM
I was a whopping 1k stats during first war :D :D :D Now....well much more. My ultimate goal was to achieve special op rank...now that has passed long time ago :D