PDA

View Full Version : everyones mad

sxespanky
01-29-2014, 02:49 PM
about this war, and the last wars and all i can think is:

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/spider-meme-5.jpg

but seriously, can we have a fun quest or something? like a craft the crap outa stuff? i know you're getting tired of scheduling these wars. and to be honest, war is bad, lets teach the world a lesson. ya know, about how war is awful, but doing quests are fun and rewarding...

Ghost of the Eunuchorn
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Gree + inherent good = logic?

It prob takes their single developer a week to schedule the next 20 wars. You should keep asking for new content though, they'll get right on that. Last update was guild implementation, idk, 8 months ago?

Cali-Boy916
01-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Won't matter, people complain about war rewards and yet some still spend for gems. either stop playing or get over it, everyone knows greed is all about money

Dianish
01-29-2014, 09:23 PM
They will complain no matter what. They will never be satisfied.

Gree just got tired of it. So they make all these changes to piss players even more off and laughs even more - They'll pull the plug with a BIG smile ":D"

Ghost of the Eunuchorn
01-29-2014, 09:39 PM
They will complain no matter what. They will never be satisfied.

Gree just got tired of it. So they make all these changes to piss players even more off and laughs even more - They'll pull the plug with a BIG smile ":D"

The employees who get laid off everytime Gree pulls the plug on a game won't be smiling

Dianish
01-29-2014, 09:59 PM
The employees who get laid off everytime Gree pulls the plug on a game won't be smiling

The employees wont smile.. Gree still gets a smile - Less people to pay = more profit.

09cobaltss
01-30-2014, 10:45 AM
The employees wont smile.. Gree still gets a smile - Less people to pay = more profit.

So are you suggesting that they are paying the employees that make KnD $5 million a month? Because if they pull the plug that's what they lose

The Pale Rider
01-30-2014, 11:50 AM
So are you suggesting that they are paying the employees that make KnD $5 million a month? Because if they pull the plug that's what they lose

I think it's more like $720,000 per month gross (before Apple and Google take there cuts). But I'd like to know where you got 5 million from?

09cobaltss
01-30-2014, 11:53 AM
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/207226/Grees_new_Knights_and_Dragons_hits_5M_in_sales_in_ 30_days.php

It was on a couple other sites as well this was the first one that showed up when I googled it

The Pale Rider
01-30-2014, 01:08 PM
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/207226/Grees_new_Knights_and_Dragons_hits_5M_in_sales_in_ 30_days.php

It was on a couple other sites as well this was the first one that showed up when I googled it

Interesting. Thanks for posting. The iOS app by revenue stats were much lower. I guess there's a lot of revenue that isn't captured in that stat.

For 5 million a month they REALLY should be doing more with the game.

09cobaltss
01-30-2014, 03:02 PM
Yes they should. I'd be happy if they started with upgrading their servers

Lou 1xxx
01-30-2014, 05:06 PM
and their bandwidths.

Ghost of the Eunuchorn
01-30-2014, 06:40 PM
Interesting. Thanks for posting. The iOS app by revenue stats were much lower. I guess there's a lot of revenue that isn't captured in that stat.

For 5 million a month they REALLY should be doing more with the game.

5mil that month doesn't mean their monthly projection is close to that. It was also an offhand remark by a VIP of a highly criticized company to the media. My guess is there's some embellishment

KA went 8-10 wars before getting Raid Bosses. We are on War #9.
Gree doesn't expect you to play this game forever, or want you to. They slowly move devs from project to project & leave a very small handful to handle maintenance of old games while ppl continue to buy gems & play happily without ever getting new content. I'm blown away by how many ppl actually download KA, MW, CC, MQ daily as if they never existed. I download a phone game, drop a few hundos on it in 2-4 weeks & move on. Gree is just following this trend. Surprisingly, K&D has kept me longer than anything before, even console. Many players feel this way.
One of my first posts on this forum (Over 1 year ago) was to make speed up button
1-click or & item pickup remove entirely. I opened multiple tickets about it my first few months of playing. We got swipe to pick up 4 weeks ago?
They started grasping at the Card game fad instead. & so we get a complicated game like bd/KA that barely holds interest more than a week.

God forbid game developers actually do their jobs.
(This also involves telling your corporate tie boss to shove it & do it your way)

BD & DR are already dying, & I don't know if BD has even gotten wars yet. Gree doesn't care, EOW already play testing live in some countries. The tragedy that is the MMIoS platform rolls on while the Corporotacracy does what they do best.

The Pale Rider
01-30-2014, 07:16 PM
5mil that month doesn't mean their monthly projection is close to that. It was also an offhand remark by a VIP of a highly criticized company to the media. My guess is there's some embellishment
Looks more like an official announcement than an offhand comment. Here's the Press Release they put on the wires:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11427877.htm

More significant is the timing. The announcement on 12/17 was revenue over a 30 day period hit 5 million (so it picked up the Thanksgiving war and the black friday gem sale - the first ever 40% off). That's also before we got that flood of Christmas GWs and gem sales. Also GREE's last press release on K&D was to announce monthly sales of $1 million in July.

So the game increases revenue 5x in 5 months all the while this forum has been filled with people announcing it's impending demise. The facts just don't bear that up.

Also, it's a serious securities law violation for a public company to announce fraudulent revenue. I see no reason to doubt the accuracy of GREE's release.

Maybe you shoudl call Tali Fischer - GREE's PR person and see what she'll tell you about the game (phone number on release). Just tell her you write for a gaming blog and want to do a story on the game versus the other games IUGO and GREE have collaborated on.

Now having pointed out that revenue growth is expanding extremely rapidly. Why the heck is GREE so slow to expand the game? You think it's simply to avoid spending money on developers. I suspect it has more to do with the fact that game development for K&D was outsourced to GREE by IUGO. I think that GREE gave IUGO an interface to make content changes to the game that is extremely limited and further changes have to go through a requisition and change order process pursuant to the original development agreement. Note this is Canada law versus a Japanese company (I acknowledge that it's a CA office of a Japanese company). That could explain all the slowness right there.

Also factor in the layoffs earlier this year and you got a internal mess that is dragging on their ability to capitalize on a hot game.

Aren't most of your comparisons to other games, games that GREE owns outright? Perhaps we don't get the changes because IUGO hasn't bought them?

busteroaf
01-30-2014, 11:48 PM
/yawn yawn

Ghost of the Eunuchorn
01-31-2014, 04:15 AM
Gree bought K&D from Iugo. You've been missing points all over lately Pale.

What is your point anyways? Gree is doing awesome with money so obviously why put out more content?
You really thought my point is they don't want to pay more devs....?

The Pale Rider
01-31-2014, 07:07 AM
What is your point anyways? Gree is doing awesome with money so obviously why put out more content?

I'm searching for an answer as to why a game company wouldn't be capitalizing on a hot game with rapidly increasing revenue and user base by expanding content and increasing their staff to be more responsive.

Are you saying that they're making a huge profit so why allocate any of it on the game (a variation on if it aint broke don't fix it)? I guess I just don't understand your point.

It doesn't make sense to me that GREE isn't investing more in a game with that kind of monthly revenue growth. Maybe that's why I'm missing the point lately. I don't do illogical very well.

It doesn't really matter how ownership of the game is divided between the companies -- my point is that you have developers at one company and content managers and administrators in a different company. Which may help explain why there's so much delay in making improvements.

Xtrips
01-31-2014, 09:05 AM

You keep feddinh these pointless answers. Let me give you an example in another platform. Blizzard had somerhing like 10 million active subscribers during lich king expansion. Should they just have stopped creating new content and tried to get as much possible before moving to another game? Ofc not, wouldnt make sense.
Knd has no subscribers but everyone frequently buying gems can be seen as a subscriber. To keep players happy. Now you keep defending gree while you at other posts co plain on gree. Make up your mind for once

Ghost of the Eunuchorn
01-31-2014, 09:54 AM
Gree only cares about covering as much of the market as they can, aka as many games as possible with as little work & expense as possible.

To all the people who love to tell me to make up my mind obviously know nothing, especially having to do with my post history (on 3 accounts) with the game & how long I've been a proponent of getting new content & better dev/player communication only to be let down time after time.

They refuse to even attempt to change the cookie cutter war model & fix stripping, I don't know why everyone assumes this is a company that cares whatsoever about quality & catering to the customer base. I've been reading my post history & trying to figure out what ppl even think most of what I type is actually trying to communicate. Don't try to make K&D something that it's not. They haven't fixed basic ease of gameplay mechanics like the hold to speed up button.
Go buy a console RPG.

As far as I understand it, Iugo has nothing to do with the game anymore. They got bought out apparently so Gree could plop K&D into their model & let run its course without any true content addition other than guild wars while they get another 2-5 games up & running to milk a few more demographics for a bit etc etc

The Pale Rider
01-31-2014, 10:14 AM
Ghost - Yes that does appear to be what they are doing. I've read many many times your suggestions for improving the game. I've repeated more than a few as well. The new info for me was that the game is exploding in popularity and revenue.

I'll say this about GREE, they cross market the sh-it out of their other games. So the bigger platform in K&D at least serves that end. Just odd that they aren't doing more with what they've got going in K&D. Make a plan to turn 5 million a month into 10 million a month instead of just saying that's great, I wonder when people will stop playing this one and start playing our other games.

I think you and I don't disagree on much with regard to GREE and this game. Everything else....

TheBlackCat
01-31-2014, 04:11 PM
I think the concept Gree is going for is that you take the revenue and make a "new" game with it as eventually people will tire of KnD.

The above will 100% be proven because they never add new stuff so some CEO is looking like a genius.

furyp
01-31-2014, 05:45 PM
Adding new armor is their new concept. Accept it or move on.