PDA

View Full Version : Raid Boss Folder Drops: Info

CJ54
01-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Hey all, a lot of people have been wondering about the folder drop rate in regards to this event (and in general), as well as the intent behind the drop rate and the ones in the store.

The general intent that we are looking for is for folders to be special as drops but not prohibitively rare. The goal is to have most factions have enough of the things to make good progress and/or complete the goal chain with the folders collected, assuming everyone in the faction is generally active and out doing map jobs the rest of the time. We don't want to have people swimming in thousands and thousands of the things (without intentionally doing that as a goal, anyway), making them basically another concrete drop.

The goal is NOT to encourage people to have to buy them in the store. Those are in the store to help accommodate less-active players who still want to come in for the big events (so convenience, basically), and also for factions who want to go all-out on extensively farming a given raid boss at the start of the event (it happens). That is the goal with those, convenience and going beyond the necessary.

This is, given the various activity levels of individuals and factions, pretty tough to balance. And we wanted to see how the current drop rate played out before altering it. Looking at the numbers across the board, the drop rate was a little lower than it should have been this time, and we'll be granting some folders to people for the raid boss event (40 per person, to be exact). This is actually a bit more than is needed to make up the average gap in what people should have, but we wanted to go a bit generous just in case. We will NOT be granting folders every raid boss, and we do not want to set that precedent, but we also want to make up for the estimate being off this time.

We will be tweaking the drop rate going forward to be a bit more reasonable, but again, the goal is not to have everyone swimming in more folders than will ever be necessary.

We hope this clears things up some.

Browner389
01-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Great 40 folders...

To offset their losses they just increased how many folders it takes to attack a boss - no big deal though - who really cares about the consumer? Guess we all have to find a way to gold hack

bradleyk
01-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the explanation. A day of two earlier would've been nice.... but, better late than never.

APeX_MW
01-29-2014, 02:06 PM
When will these 40 folders per person be given out?

goldacre84
01-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Thanks. The drop rate was terrible though.

Ghost-12
01-29-2014, 02:10 PM
The goal is NOT to encourage people to have to buy them in the store. Those are in the store to help accommodate less-active players who still want to come in for the big events (so convenience, basically), and also for factions who want to go all-out on extensively farming a given raid boss at the start of the event (it happens). That is the goal with those, convenience and going beyond the necessary.

Thank you!!!

xXSAVAGEXx-
01-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Great 40 folders...

To offset their losses they just increased how many folders it takes to attack a boss - no big deal though - who really cares about the consumer? Guess we all have to find a way to gold hack

I know gold hack, but only works once a month.

CJ54
01-29-2014, 02:12 PM
During the event. Also, Browner, in general I would suggest that you should not take things that were dug out of in-test content as gospel.

JerseyGirl
01-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Thank you, CJ!

whammo
Hey all, a lot of people have been wondering about the folder drop rate in regards to this event (and in general), as well as the intent behind the drop rate and the ones in the store.

The general intent that we are looking for is for folders to be special as drops but not prohibitively rare. The goal is to have most factions have enough of the things to make good progress and/or complete the goal chain with the folders collected, assuming everyone in the faction is generally active and out doing map jobs the rest of the time. We don't want to have people swimming in thousands and thousands of the things (without intentionally doing that as a goal, anyway), making them basically another concrete drop.

This is, given the various activity levels of individuals and factions, pretty tough to balance. And we wanted to see how the current drop rate played out before altering it. Looking at the numbers across the board, the drop rate was a little lower than it should have been this time, and we'll be granting some folders to people for the raid boss event (40 per person, to be exact). This is actually a bit more than is needed to make up the average gap in what people should have, but we wanted to go a bit generous just in case. We will NOT be granting folders every raid boss, and we do not want to set that precedent, but we also want to make up for the estimate being off this time.

We will be tweaking the drop rate going forward to be a bit more reasonable, but again, the goal is not to have everyone swimming in more folders than will ever be necessary.

Well I'm on 19 hours a day... I was able to get 9 folders. I can almost summon a tenth of a L100 boss.

Once...

BostonHammer
Maybe if we could get folders from PVP also and allow us to start collecting them right after the WD event, it would not be that bad.

Roscoe782
01-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Lol. 40. We have 600 right now. Let's say we are at max for faction. So an additional 2400 folders. 7600 to complete (estimated). 3000 < 7600. Lol. Nice one!

whitepath23
01-29-2014, 02:15 PM
When is evemt starting

Gerath
01-29-2014, 02:16 PM
That's great CJ but another question when is the event going to actually start and end. Like exact time the event will start. I mean is that asking to much?

Richard79
01-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Thankyou for the heas up but could you please explain why its been made almost imposs to complete, our faction is mega active and 2 folders per 5k of energy is a JOKE, from start to finish if this event is based on the last event were lookin at 7500+ folders......... now pardon my french but WTF is 40 folders going to do??????

Bkharr
01-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Thanks, CJ...but the drop rate wasn't all that much better than the last time it seems

00JUMBO

Thankyou CJ, It will help. Just for a rough indication over the course of when folders started to drop when war ended I pretty much was hitting whenever I had energy. In the end I had 13 folders, so it shows the drop rate needs to be buffed substantially, not so much that people are swimming in folders, but if we are able to get 50 folders each by being active and doing energy missions, I think that would be
sufficient to keep people happy, while still making the event a challenge

Belle_B
CJ can. Please tell us what going on with concrete out of 70 rival fights I get maybe 3 or 4

U Mad?
01-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Will the event be lengthened??? Plus I and payed for 150 got 40 or s on ltq

Browner389
01-29-2014, 02:21 PM
I have no problem speaking my mind in General or in PM with the creators of this game.

I have invested a fair amount of money into this game and I expect better service then what has been given. If what Gree is looking for is for everyone to quit they are on the right path to doing so. Several top players in my Faction have "retired" because the game has become a laughingstock! Sure, having new material an in game content is great! I would definitely give Gree kudos to that - but making it available only to players who are willing to spend 100s to 1000s of dollars to play...yeah not for me...

dpghost mobile
01-29-2014, 02:22 PM
I really like when Gree are so generous.
The usual bloke that started the game six months ago didn't had any chance to get any energy regen bonus units has a gran total of 3 energy / min, 180 energy / hour, 4320 energy / day.
We managed to collect folders for the last 10 days so its 43200 energy, yeah quite a lot, but the folders fall 1 at 500-600 energy, if you lucky, and if not one to 3000 energy. Lets say one for 1000 energy on average, and I am sooo optimistic.
So the average Joe has some 43 folders, maybe 50 if he's lucky.
God, Gree just doubled the poor man's luck.
Thank you Gree, for your generosity.
Now we have 80-90 folders to donate to the faction.
We are in an established faction, top 250, 56 players, there are some veterans that have the double or more energy regen, so on the average it will be a 200 folder / player donation, times 56 we have 11,200 folders
Life seems to be really smiling to Joe.
Ouch, but the 100 boss needs 1000 folders to summon, and we have several combinations of 15 , 10 and other numbers
of 100 Boss to finish the event.
Well anyway, thank you for the 40 free folders.
I do remember the drug pedlar near the corner of the school was always giving the first pack free.

Ghost-12
Hey CJ,
Quick question(s)!
When you guys increase how many folders needed to summoned a boss (100 folders for the last lv for example)also Boss health increased dramatically.
we all know this is done to make it a bit more challenging for top players ( all those above 30mil stats ), But do you guys know how impossible this becomes to a regular player with stats below 10mil to be able to participate?
Are regular players taken under consideration when decisions like this are made?

dpghost mobile
I really like when Gree are so generous.
The usual bloke that started the game six months ago didn't had any chance to get any energy regen bonus units has a gran total of 3 energy / min, 180 energy / hour, 4320 energy / day.
We managed to collect folders for the last 10 days so its 43200 energy, yeah quite a lot, but the folders fall 1 at 500-600 energy, if you lucky, and if not one to 3000 energy. Lets say one for 1000 energy on average, and I am sooo optimistic.
So the average Joe has some 43 folders, maybe 50 if he's lucky.
God, Gree just doubled the poor man's luck.
Thank you Gree, for your generosity.
Now we have 80-90 folders to donate to the faction.
We are in an established faction, top 250, 56 players, there are some veterans that have the double or more energy regen, so on the average it will be a 200 folder / player donation, times 56 we have 11,200 folders
Life seems to be really smiling to Joe.
Ouch, but the 100 boss needs 1000 folders to summon, and we have several combinations of 15 , 10 and other numbers
of 100 Boss to finish the event.
Well anyway, thank you for the 40 free folders.
I do remember the drug pedlar near the corner of the school was always giving the first pack free.

2000y2k
01-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Thanks CJ. 40 will help.

Why not change the drop rate to be more like the drop rate of the crates?

As asked above can you provide a start time?

Lastly, although the cost for a level 100 boss has gone up we do not know how many level 100 bosses will be needed. I think it's best to wait until the event goes live before we complain too much.

Generik79
01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
CJ let me make a couple constructive suggestions. First, whatever your estimate is it should be enough for each player in an average sized faction who plays using their energy all the time to donate their folders and have the total for the faction be enough for the entire Ltq. I play constantly and have 52 folders. The average per player is well more than double that...so maybe the estimates are still quite off. We never had this problem in KA or CC...at least not when the tokens were turned on.

Next, may I suggest u turn on the drops for next RB tokens right after this event. You all waited till after war to start the drops which meant one Ltq and regular play time for about 9 days. That wasn't enough plainly. Start the drops sooner, give us 3 weeks or more, and watch the complaints drop a small bit...

JimCC/MW
01-29-2014, 02:26 PM
40 is better than 0... so I'm thankful for them!

bradleyk
01-29-2014, 02:29 PM
The 40 folders are now in inventory

Paul Wall
01-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Your posts are always helpful as rat Shi t. Thanks for the generosity. How does one, let alone a group of developers screw the drop rate up this bad? We all know you're a lying scumbag. No need for an explanation when you're just blowing smoke up our a$$es.

Shrinko
01-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Is this just another total disconnect with the game? CJ, 40 folders per person is really almost nothing. It is far from generous. The last time gree gave out 100 per person and that wasn't enough to complete the event. Do you realize how many folders it will get to complete this event or to even get close to the end of it?

Major Rain
01-29-2014, 02:31 PM
I have no problem speaking my mind in General or in PM with the creators of this game.

I have invested a fair amount of money into this game and I expect better service then what has been given. If what Gree is looking for is for everyone to quit they are on the right path to doing so. Several top players in my Faction have "retired" because the game has become a laughingstock! Sure, having new material an in game content is great! I would definitely give Gree kudos to that - but making it available only to players who are willing to spend 100s to 1000s of dollars to play...yeah not for me...

Its available to everyone but if you want to be at the top it will cost you..

free play
01-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Not enough but thanks I suppose, I've used 63000 energy and only 21 folders, a drop rate of 1 in 3000,

Angel (85ss)
01-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Awesome CJ, 40 folders will be enough, Thanks.

Bobar
01-29-2014, 02:41 PM
It was really time to react. Thanks you did!

Would be great if you could tell us the starting time.

Tiz
01-29-2014, 02:43 PM
What a joke! I did the max I possible could 24 hrs a day, and only received 23 folders. There is no possible way to even come close to completing the boss or even making good progress in the goal, unless you are in a huge faction with everyone active and heavy gold players. This is a complete freaking joke. WHY EVEN DO THE RAID BOSS!!!! Just make the rewards limited and people can buy them with gold. You guys seriously suck!

Luuzer
01-29-2014, 02:49 PM
so give out over 2x less folders than before, increase required folders over 2x than before, increase health 70% and hope people will come giving all their gold away? Only top teams. Rest will sit out. Soon rest will quit, top teams see its boring and they will quit and then thats it. Dont put all Ur money on one horse (only elite spenders), U will lose big time that way pretty soon.

Lo.the.orge
01-29-2014, 02:49 PM
So... a twenty - twenty eight man faction... mostly droids whom pulled between 3-7 folders each, leveled up for those few folders... now will get 40 each... can we just grant this competition to the top tiers... and start something all of us can play at? At least the majority of the game will be uninteruppted for superbowl...

Sheldor Sir
01-29-2014, 02:55 PM
i have used ALL my energy everyday and managed to get 23 folders so requirement for this will be easy..........CJ has said 60ish each will be enough......................if you believe i have a some pyramids for sale

2000y2k
01-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Just got my 40. Thanks Gree!!

cg.mwblackops
01-29-2014, 02:56 PM
First, thanks for the 40 free folders... Now the rest... So I agree with the others, way more folders required (approx 1.5x total), a lot more health, and way worse folder drop rate.... Now to farm folders I collect a lot of XP, plus XP out the ying yang as a 'reward'.... Sounds expensive or epic failure....

cg.mwblackops
01-29-2014, 02:58 PM
i have used ALL my energy everyday and managed to get 23 folders so requirement for this will be easy..........CJ has said 60ish each will be enough......................if you believe i have a some pyramids for sale
Trade you pyramids for a unicorn...

Big she'd
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the folders , while yep I agree you shouldn't make folders to easy to collect , maybe you can make them drop at the same rate as cases , or even let them drop in raids and attacks , bring stamina into the folder equation

CC1
01-29-2014, 03:27 PM
. . . It appears Gree's Method of Operation is to let speculation discourage players before an event. Then when it comes out not as bad as the speculation (but still worse than the last time) we gobble it up and are thankful for the crumbs they toss our way. It's psychology at its worst.

40 folders . . . Called it.

Mogadishu
01-29-2014, 03:59 PM

Yeah, it clears things up perfectly CJ. Do you think we are stupid, do you think we only play one game?

What you have cleared up, is that you are a liar, and that Gree does not have good intentions for us the consumer.

You have the drop rate algorithm already established in Kingdom Age, you've been doing Raid Bosses for quite awhile in Kingdom Age. We are working on collecting Orbs (MW Intel Folders equivalent) right now, of which I have accumulated 270 because of my activity level with a whole lot less energy. My activity is the same for Modern War, yet all I got was 21 folders on my own using close to 20,000 energy.

Why do you try to sell the good people of Modern War that this is all new to the developers at Gree and you have no idea what you are doing, trying to figure it out as you go?

Then 40 folders ????, even though folders didn't start dropping 9 days after the last cycle.

CJ IS LYING People!!! Gree, you have a good thing going with the gold for advertising dollars, don't ruin it by pissing us off so much the hackers will set out to destroy you to prove to you that we are not as stupid as you hope us to be.

Thief
01-29-2014, 04:10 PM
CJ,

Thank you for the update and for the 40 Folders.

I will say that just a few hours ago i used 4000 Energy and recieved 0 Intel Folders. Not sure what Average is but if you give us 10 day of preperation to collect and the average player has 2000 energy that regens at a rate of 3 energy per min. that means they should have roughly 45000 energy to spend if they don't sleep? Assuming that you donate 1/60th of your factions folders needs each player will need to aquire 300? folders per player to reach the objective?

So i have a higher energy per min? At what point does is it no longer average?

Currently the way i see its structured is evern teams from the top 10 need to buy folders when they are trying to constantly farm them?

Systematrix
01-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Thank you very much CJ for the update, but more importantly for the folders. =P

CC1
01-29-2014, 04:22 PM
. . . Bad drop rates (intel folders, and concrete), failure to [timely] communicate with customers (especially after promising to do better), glitches and errors, failing to meet timelines . . . and a total indifference to customer base. These are all indicators of poorly managed company. . .

No event yet. Missed deadline . . .Called it

Don't get me wrong CJ. I know, or assume, your not senior management. Your just the messenger. The story you've been told to tell us doesn't add up. You speak of a desire to accommodate actives and inactives. Thus the need to keep teams from "swimming in folders". However, actives, like our team spent gold on health to get further and ran out of folders even when 100 were granted. But management has halved the granted folders and doubled the number needed to summon. In effect, you quadrupled the price. I'm in the fortunate position to be able to schedule some of my work around big event start times. Now that's active and dedicated. However, as has become normal, another deadline (like the LTE) has been missed. And the work I postponed now must get done. So much for playing today.

CJ I know what you've been told to tell us. But I don't think you're being told the honest truth.

To Gree (the company not you CJ)
"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

FromAfar
01-29-2014, 04:30 PM
CJ, please use a different account to post.

named GREE the company. that way i can say you are full of it without it being a personal attack.

everything you said is an insult to your customers. and that is a personal attack.

you can not admit you messed up the drop rate? really?

you can not admit you are gold digging? so, it will take well over 40 to do the goals, and hitting since the folders have started has only netted most folks a dozen or so. it is strictly a gold play.

like i said CJ, change the account so the attack isn't personal. you've just insulted the entire customer base.

thanks. and right back at ya.

Hakim
01-29-2014, 04:46 PM
I have used over 45000 energy, I play daily, hourly even...and I got 18 folders...so by your logic a very active player as I am would have only gotten 58 with your pittance of 40 folders. If every member in my faction played as much as I do we would have gotten 58 each...so our entire faction would have 3,016 folders.

That doesn't even get us halfway through the event with your increased folder count to summon...your logic is flawed because it is illogical.

My job in real life is a business consultant, troubleshooter to major fortune companies...thank you for providing me a case study on hoe to do everything wrong and actually cut your profit margins and lose customers.

Reubengoh
01-29-2014, 04:48 PM
This event is just bad...
We really enjoyed th previous event, but following that the current even should be smooth sailing as well... If not it should be even more smooth sailing...!

Tweaking anything more would lead to even mre disasterous outcomes.

I don't understand how can an international company like Gree can allow such bad decision and outcome to follow every event...

Raistlin (ESq)
01-29-2014, 04:49 PM
In KA we have been collecting Orbs (Folders) since the end of our last war and go to war again in just under two days. We still have no timeline as to when the next Raid Boss event is.... much easier to collect!

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
01-29-2014, 04:53 PM
CJ, I don't understand why there is such a difference in drop rates for Summon items across game titles. I think it is a lack of events "BEFORE" a Raid Boss. Currently in Kingdom Age, we have had 5 events so far and all have been dropping Summon items. We have accumulated over 6000 Orbs (summon items) within our Guild Bank and have never had to use GEMS to obtain Orbs.

Shrinko
01-29-2014, 04:54 PM
CJ, please use a different account to post.

named GREE the company. that way i can say you are full of it without it being a personal attack.

everything you said is an insult to your customers. and that is a personal attack.

you can not admit you messed up the drop rate? really?

you can not admit you are gold digging? so, it will take well over 40 to do the goals, and hitting since the folders have started has only netted most folks a dozen or so. it is strictly a gold play.

like i said CJ, change the account so the attack isn't personal. you've just insulted the entire customer base.

thanks. and right back at ya.
I've been trying to figure out if people at gree are just purely incompitent? Compulsive liers? Completely disconnected from the game and have no idea what they are talking about? Or what? How is making thousands of customers upset event after event is to any advantage to them? Or are them just trying to suck as much money out of people as they can as fast as they can and they don't care what happens to the game long term?

evilbeef54
01-29-2014, 10:22 PM
thank you for posting this info... we really appreciate hearing from someone about the direction this game is going, if you could also post this in the CC forum, and possibly help out with the uzis there that would probably stop the impending riot there.

Dont get me wrong we REALLY apprecate the free folders but here is the problem, i am in a top 75 MW and a top 75 CC we tend to finish all the events and have VERY active crews, we had about 2k folders in MW and about the same in CC when the event went live, obviously not enough. follow the optimal summoning pattern it will take about 7500 to finish, so we had 2k we were given 40 each so 2400, for 4.4k, or still 3k short, you said that you want VERY VERY active factions to be able to complete the goal string, we complete the SLTQ/LTQ and if there is no LTQ we are prestaging the maps, we are crazy active but yet we still come up 3k short after the bump, this is not ok... the lack of the differential pay in uzi in CC has already lead us to start looking into the black market for uzi... this is NOT good for gree.... you dont make any money from uzi/folders that way and only anger your customers in the process. We are NOT against spending gold and we obviously do. We will spend gold to kill the boss 100s, but we refuse to spend gold to summon them AND kill them.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this... Raid boss was running GREAT in CC untill new years when the first raid boss came out here, then everything went bad in both places, the drop rate has been terrible in both since then. you say you dont want people swimming in uzi... i say WHY NOT, it isnt like at the end of a case event i dont have 500 unopened useless boxes, when the drop rate in CC was realistic with 3-4 weeks to farm uzi (folders) there was NO complaints, everyone was loving the event, and people were dropping massive gold to finish the event and keep farming, now that the drop rate has been moved to the point where we cant event finish with free folders people are mad as hell, turning to the black market, or quitting all together, this is not good for anyone

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-29-2014, 11:56 PM
CJ let me make a couple constructive suggestions. First, whatever your estimate is it should be enough for each player in an average sized faction who plays using their energy all the time to donate their folders and have the total for the faction be enough for the entire Ltq. ........

....Next, may I suggest u turn on the drops for next RB tokens right after this event. You all waited till after war to start the drops which meant one Ltq and regular play time for about 9 days. That wasn't enough plainly. Start the drops sooner, give us 3 weeks or more, and watch the complaints drop a small bit...

That's not a consideration the number cruncher in the back office will ever take into consideration. He/she will be thinking about pleasing the master and not you at all.

They want to get you and I to a point that we will spend a buck to complete it rather than give up too early and just farm a few bosses with the few we have. Whether you or I finish it or not, is irrelevant to them.

Rest assured, if they give you more time, the other part of the number crunchers equation has to change to get the same or better $ outcome next time.

You were given the 40 quota because they considered ppl may just farm a few bosses when they want you to get into that position where you and I feel the need to "just get a few more to get to that reasonable reward we are after". To maximise the $ spend. Why should we thank them for that?

And the comment by someone here that they raised the boss power to give the HLP's a challenge is nonsense. It's the other part of that number crunchers equation called maximising the $ spend and nothing else.

They won't drop like the boxes because the $ spend there is on the 'opening' to get that next reward which is so close. To have a low box drop rate is counter-productive to maximising the $ spend.

Speed ump
01-30-2014, 12:02 AM
I would imagine the drop rate in each game is proportionate to the number of people willing to pay to get more. Games with less willing participants need more incentives. Those who have shown a willingness to pay, get less. Just like car manufactors, they give bigger incentives when their cars Arnt selling.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-30-2014, 12:11 AM
I would imagine the drop rate in each game is proportionate to the number of people willing to pay to get more. Games with less willing participants need more incentives. Those who have shown a willingness to pay, get less. Just like car manufactors, they give bigger incentives when their cars Arnt selling.

Spot on.

extra characters

Hazzardguy
01-30-2014, 12:59 AM
First off I am thankful for the 40 folder handout. But CJ when you say we should have enough to finish the event as long as we are active. How come you have not fixed the drop rate? I used 3500 energy and got 1 folder!! Using that same amount I can get several more drops and chests. I say you really need to start programming for the majority and not for the those at the top who get gold (some how). If you really intend to stem the hacking, make the game more lvl and fair for the entire population of the game.

free play
01-30-2014, 02:25 AM
CJ, is it possible to start collecting for the next raid boss as soon as this one ends, not the start of the next campaign, at 1 folder for every 3 or 4k in energy, we would over 2 weeks to collect and not the 8 or 9 days we had this time, so we could have upwards of 60 collected instead of the 21 I had for the 63k energy used.

In short we need more time to collect if the drop rate stays the same, may even stop most of the complaining from us .....

googoodolls
01-30-2014, 05:13 AM
im selling concrete contact to buy

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-30-2014, 05:45 AM
... a lot of people have been wondering about the folder drop rate in regards to this event (and in general), as well as the intent behind the drop rate and the ones in the store.

....the general intent that we are looking for is for folders to be special as drops but not prohibitively rare......We don't want to have people swimming in thousands and thousands of the things (without intentionally doing that as a goal, anyway), making them basically another concrete drop.

They are as rare as rocking horse sh**. No one will ever have 'thousands and thousands of them'.

goal is NOT to encourage people to have to buy them in the store. Those are in the store to help accommodate less-active players who still want to come in for the big events (so convenience, basically), ................ That is the goal with those, convenience and going beyond the necessary.

It would be so un-Greelike not to encourage purchases. The evidence is this: they are in the store and the drop rate is as rare as rocking horse sh**, yet we are to believe Gree is not encouraging us to purchase them.

....we'll be granting some folders to people for the raid boss event (40 per person, to be exact). This is actually a bit more than is needed to make up the average gap in what people should have, but we wanted to go a bit generous just in case. We will NOT be granting folders every raid boss, and we do not want to set that precedent, but we also want to make up for the estimate being off this time.

40 each is supposed to make up the gap?... and Gree considers itself generous? Now that's a classic self-serving statement. 'Gree' and 'generous' should never be used in the same sentence.

NO, we don't expect Gree will give free folders again.
YES we do expect poor drop rates, harder bosses that require more folders each to maximise the $ spend on events or the folders themselves.
BUT YES, we are safe because there are always folders that we are not encouraged to buy in the shop.

will be tweaking the drop rate going forward ..... but again, the goal is not to have everyone swimming in more folders than will ever be necessary.

I doubt anyone will ever be swimming in them.

bioweaponeer
01-30-2014, 06:13 AM
I would like to think I am an 'average' player in this game, I play when I have time, I dont set alarms or any other sillness(to me, not hatin). When I first started playing this game, I would have been fine buying some gold here and there to do events, but being an average player I feel that I have been totally left out since the second or third war. Maybe even earlier... After those it seems the only way to get far into events, aside from the first run since they give half of it away, is to use gold. And not just like 20$ of gold, but 100$ or more. There is no way I can/would spend that kind of money on a single event for a game. It seems that the only thing that matters to GREE is the money that the top 1% spend and cater the game to them and destroy it for everyone else. The game was much more enjoyable back before it became a parasite...

fighter777
01-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Occupy Gree!

phopjon
01-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Occupy Gree!

Perfect. You said in two words what I would have taken 2,000 to say.

Scot
01-30-2014, 10:54 AM
The intent is not to have us swimming in folders, like concrete? Hm. I don't swim in concrete either. In a faction of active 56 people even with the 40 folders and all that have been donated we're well short of having enough, about 3k short. I'd say the current drop rate is not just a little off, but way off. To go through 3500 energy and get 1 folder is crazy. This must be the world's smallest swimming pool I'm in if this is swimming in folders.

jabbameister63
01-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Hi my faction currently has a few members that are very active but have yet to receive intel folders, myself i average 1 out of 46, thats pretty bad and i play 8/9 hours a day. Is this normal for this event members are very confused on this.

qwertyguy
01-30-2014, 11:36 AM
It's more like 1 folder in 5000 to 6000 energy. That is about what my faction members are getting.

So it is not just me that is getting this pitiful drop rate. Let's face it. The drop rate is almost nonexistent!

qwertyguy
01-30-2014, 12:30 PM
...just got an indicator that they may have finally increased the drop rate.

I hope it is true and not just luck.

Our faction has to save energy for tomorrow's LTE. So we cannot afford to test it out quite yet.

Shrinko
01-30-2014, 01:51 PM
...just got an indicator that they may have finally increased the drop rate.

I hope it is true and not just luck.

Our faction has to save energy for tomorrow's LTE. So we cannot afford to test it out quite yet.
Don't get your hopes up. A guy in my faction just spent 3k of energy and got 2 folders. So if everyone in a faction of 40 people spends all energy and gets 2 folders each, you'll get 80 folders. That will be enough to summon 1 or 2 bosses. Great rate! Great job CJ. You really fixed that "thing"

Kill Joy
01-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Maybe this has been answered, but shouldn't we be able to get folders by raiding? it is a RAID boss... And also Gree doesn't mind us "swimming" in cases that never open. Why not make the drop rate close to the amount that cases drop at?

Scot
01-30-2014, 03:37 PM
More crates = more gold usage... less folders = more gold usage... seems to be the same haha

Maybe this has been answered, but shouldn't we be able to get folders by raiding? it is a RAID boss... And also Gree doesn't mind us "swimming" in cases that never open. Why not make the drop rate close to the amount that cases drop at?

Bndawgs
01-30-2014, 07:09 PM
2850 energy = 1 folder

pretty good fix to the drop rate i'd say.

austinthehulkhelmick
01-30-2014, 07:57 PM
I go to raid boss select donate to syndicate underneath where it says you have 20 tokens. It then takes me to my syndicate bank and all i see is money bricks and coming soon no place for tokens how do i donate to my syndicate :mad:

austinthehulkhelmick
01-30-2014, 08:10 PM
also does anyone else missing attack and defense i had over 750,000 and its gone where did it go. i was also looking threw my inventory and i am missing abunch of stuff. where is everything.

jabbameister63
01-31-2014, 08:34 AM
I just spent over 5000 energy for one dam folder this is ridiculous, now theres a gold sale, common really gree. well i guess i wont get my gold program rewards this month this is ludacrious, drop rate stinks, half team didnt get folders now we have to buy more, plus use gold for energy to get some to drop from missions, gold gold gold.

good gawd noooo
01-31-2014, 08:51 AM

thak you for reply. but section I am quoting you are saying your intent is to make them another concrete drop basically. Well that is another aspect our developers have tweaked lately. The brick drop rate and that is gotten very poor. I now have more active members in my faction then ever before and that is a very good thing. However for the first time since the start of the wars my faction will go wall less this next war. Why because bricks have become extremely rare. You can only get them doing pvp not raiding and lets face facts. Why would anyone pvp for limited cash gain when you can raid and get 10 to a 100 times more money per hit. So bricks is another area your developers need to look into. I appreciate your response but it is NOT accurate. If the developers true intent ISNT to make people buy intel folders or to force people to lvl for minimal gain(pvp) then they need to seriously adjust BOTH drop rates. and perhaps expand the ways of getting them. ie raids,energy(map) quests, AND pvp

Hemp6473
01-31-2014, 09:02 AM
I think you should just get rid of the folders period, im glad you are working to do new events but this one is a bust, the folders just slow down everything, i think we should use the war event for the folder event on just using health four or five times

good gawd noooo
01-31-2014, 09:24 AM
btw cj first I like to point out I know its not your fault.. however after your comment about it gree not trying to encourage gold purchased folders.... a gold sale starts.. a gold sale which generally happens only during war.. but of course its not to encourage us to buy gold or to make it more convient to purchase folders at this time.... forgive me but looks like gree just corrected you without saying a word(ok they said 20 percent off gold buy now buy a lot save money)

CC1
01-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Guys, take it easy on CJ54. He's just a cog in the machine. He relays information that management allows, and wants, him to. His/her primary job is to make sure you don't cuss or otherwise violate the Terms Of Service (TOS) of the forum. He has no authority or input into decisions the company makes. He’s also given very limited information. This is part of compartmentalization that occurs in large companies. He's boxed-in by a company that doesn't care about him or the customer. In my experience with companies structured like Gree, the company cares nothing about the customer, and it cares nothing about its employees. When a company cares nothing about its employees, the employees care nothing about the company, let alone you the customer. So, stop with the personal attacks! He/she is just trying to do his/her job given the leash Gree has granted.

If you've ever run or worked for a large company, you may understand the compartmentalizing of functions. The exceptional companies value their employees and customers which leads to high satisfaction and repeat business. It’s a culture of respect. Others don't. Gree is one of those "other" companies. It's important that you distinguish between senior leadership and the cog. The “cogs” are just trying to feed themselves and/or their families. It’s the leadership that decides whether to screw you or not.

Given the glitches, errors, missed deadlines, utter disregard for your input, and clear indifference to making it right for you, it’s clear where management’s priorities are . . . i.e. to screw you and see how much they can screw you for. The company should be named Dowee, Screwem, and Howmuch, Inc.

As the saying goes “Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me”. I have made my last gold purchase and am bleeding it off in the most efficient manner. I will not be buying any more. If you, knowing what you now know, do buy more, I have one more cliché for you . . . “A fool and his money are soon parted” I hope you enjoy being a sucker.

leroyingo
01-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Did anyone else not get the folders? CJ said we would get 40 folders each and only some of my faction received them or think they received them?

Luuzer
01-31-2014, 01:15 PM
swimming in bricks? C'mon, brick droprate is sooooo bad that even this war we didnt even manage to get lvl 10 walls, and there are over 50 of us. Next war will be even worse. We where swimming in bricks 4 wars ago, before lvl 15 walls. Now we cant even get lvl 10 walls cause of crappy droprate. Folders drop even harder. Make folder droprate like it is for crate events. And make them drop during attacks/raids too and all will be much better. Also increase brick droprate....

CCKallDAY
01-31-2014, 05:20 PM
I go to raid boss select donate to syndicate underneath where it says you have 20 tokens. It then takes me to my syndicate bank and all i see is money bricks and coming soon no place for tokens how do i donate to my syndicate :mad:Why are you posting about crime city in a modern war forum?

Napoleone
01-31-2014, 06:36 PM
Is GREE gonna let us keep the folders or wipe it clean like last time?

Shrinko
01-31-2014, 09:56 PM
Guys, take it easy on CJ54. He's just a cog in the machine. He relays information that management allows, and wants, him to. His/her primary job is to make sure you don't cuss or otherwise violate the Terms Of Service (TOS) of the forum. He has no authority or input into decisions the company makes. He’s also given very limited information. This is part of compartmentalization that occurs in large companies. He's boxed-in by a company that doesn't care about him or the customer. In my experience with companies structured like Gree, the company cares nothing about the customer, and it cares nothing about its employees. When a company cares nothing about its employees, the employees care nothing about the company, let alone you the customer. So, stop with the personal attacks! He/she is just trying to do his/her job given the leash Gree has .

How do you know? Do you work for gree? Since you don't know whether CJ is male or a female, everything you said is not based on any facts. However, his profile says that he is a DEVELOPER. So if we shouldn't blame developers of MW for the mess after mess that they create and lie after lie that they tell is, who should we blame? I could see that there is a validity in what you said if he was just a moderator for this forum, but if he is a developer, all gloves are off

CC1
02-02-2014, 05:25 AM
How do you know? Do you work for gree? Since you don't know whether CJ is male or a female, everything you said is not based on any facts. However, his profile says that he is a DEVELOPER. So if we shouldn't blame developers of MW for the mess after mess that they create and lie after lie that they tell is, who should we blame? I could see that there is a validity in what you said if he was just a moderator for this forum, but if he is a developer, all gloves are off

Because I know how big companies work. They're very compartmentalized. A forum moderator, like a call center employee or customer service rep, would not be a manager nor have the authority to make any changes. At best they can relay the feedback (complaints and compliments) to decision makers. If decision makers don't listen, there's nothing the moderator can do.

If you don't know how big Gree is... They have studios in four countries. Are publicly traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Their Knights & Dragons title alone surpassed $5million in sales per month (http://gree-corp.com/press/view/81/GREE%27s+Knights+%26+Dragons+Tops+%245Million+in+3 0-Day+Revenue). Their total sales for fiscal year 2013 was 152Billion yen ($1.5 Billion USD). Decisions in companies this size are not made by moderators. They're made by Directors, VPs or other ivory tower personell.

Shrinko
02-03-2014, 03:07 AM
Because I know how big companies work. They're very compartmentalized. A forum moderator, like a call center employee or customer service rep, would not be a manager nor have the authority to make any changes. At best they can relay the feedback (complaints and compliments) to decision makers. If decision makers don't listen, there's nothing the moderator can do.

If you don't know how big Gree is... They have studios in four countries. Are publicly traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Their Knights & Dragons title alone surpassed $5million in sales per month (http://gree-corp.com/press/view/81/GREE%27s+Knights+%26+Dragons+Tops+%245Million+in+3 0-Day+Revenue). Their total sales for fiscal year 2013 was 152Billion yen ($1.5 Billion USD). Decisions in companies this size are not made by moderators. They're made by Directors, VPs or other ivory tower personell.
Perhaps you should reread what I said. CJ is not a call center employee or a customer service rep nor is he simply a forum mod. He calls himself a developer and represents Gree. Therefore, deserves to take the blame for the mess this game has become.

CC1
02-03-2014, 05:42 AM
Perhaps you should reread what I said. CJ is not a call center employee or a customer service rep nor is he simply a forum mod. He calls himself a developer and represents Gree. Therefore, deserves to take the blame for the mess this game has become.

Believe what you want. I don't care. If you want to believe he has the authority to change drop rates or make any other fundamental change to revenue stream, go ahead. If you want to believe a Senior Manager, Director, or VP is going to come on here and have direct communication with the customer, that's up to you. If you want to believe that one single, person is responsible for coding and development of a multimillion dollar title without oversight from a boss, your free to do so. I know changes that fundamentally impact customer purchases and revenue stream are analyzed by several groups (Operations, Marketing, Finance etc) then approved or dissapproved by upper management. I'm just sharing my experience. Take it or leave it.

Vegaman
02-03-2014, 05:48 AM
I have to say i agree. Also after the poor customer service and pathetic email i got from GREE this morning, which was Blunt to say the least. I therefore agree with the last post and think there are lots of people, with very little social skills, all passing emails and paper backwards and forwards without actually actioning or reading anything.

Conceptfly
02-03-2014, 06:34 AM
CJ, to answer your question no, 40 was not even close to enough to make up for the drop rate in an average faction. I have mostly guys that try, but only ever get through Normal Mode of a quest event. They received an average of 10 folders each total before the event, while most did the quest before. I had one other person other than me get over 40 from the drops, which would not have taken us far.

If you stop giving us any, or don't drastically improve the drop rate, we likely won't have enough to even get through easy mode next time. The only reason we were able to get as far as we did is due to the ones you gave us, and being creative about it. Thanks for reading this.

Shrinko
02-03-2014, 10:27 PM
CJ, to answer your question no, 40 was not even close to enough to make up for the drop rate in an average faction. I have mostly guys that try, but only ever get through Normal Mode of a quest event. They received an average of 10 folders each total before the event, while most did the quest before. I had one other person other than me get over 40 from the drops, which would not have taken us far.

If you stop giving us any, or don't drastically improve the drop rate, we likely won't have enough to even get through easy mode next time. The only reason we were able to get as far as we did is due to the ones you gave us, and being creative about it. Thanks for reading this.
Oh, it's all useless. The guy says one thing and does the opposite. I know he is not the only one doing it but why create lengthy posts how they want to make sure that we have enough folders or almost enough to finish the event and then give is only 40 folders. CJ has no idea what he is talking about.

Simple math:
If an average faction has 40-50 people, 50players x 40folders = 2,000
Folders needed to complete the event: over 6,000
Oh yeah, we got enough to finish the event.

Stop bsing us CJ

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-04-2014, 06:15 AM
also does anyone else missing attack and defense i had over 750,000 and its gone where did it go. i was also looking threw my inventory and i am missing abunch of stuff. where is everything.

Look under all those folders you have. You know, the ones we are all just swimming in. You will find your missing units under there.

I don't know why we keep getting all those folders. I had to beat them off with a stick.