PDA

View Full Version : Rivals list is a Shark Tank!

dribblin todger
01-29-2014, 06:23 AM
Not often i speak up for the high IPH players, but in the case of the new rivals list algo then i feel i have to.

I love robbing the rich.. lets get that straight before we start, to me its one of the best parts of the game and i am middle of the road as IPH is concerned in my Shark Tank.

But now i feel for them.....

The rivals list as it is now is doing nothing but putting the folks who do have the better IPH (i can't say massive IPH anymore, but just better IPH) into the position of being farmed senseless. Before you could toodle around and find someone to cream, do them over a few times, level up and move onto someone else. This new (and hopefully its days are numbered) list is terrible.

You have a wide spectrum of levels to go through, yet the matching system is returning the same old players time after time and the ones with the better IPH are getting creamed out of the game to the point where it is constant.

These players have two choices, change the way they play the game or walk away from it, after spending on gold and investing 2+ years of their time, its unfair to move the goalposts so drastically.

Change it back Gree, you should be encouraging players to stay and spend and enjoy the experience instead its totally the opposite.

nazgul
01-29-2014, 06:27 AM
I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me. And I have decent IpH ($10M).

To tell the truth, I'd rather be robbed by someone who's put the same time and thought into building their IpH as I have. It's better than getting robbed by someone with $100k IpH.

Sammo the Kid
01-29-2014, 06:34 AM
I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me. And I have decent IpH ($10M).

To tell the truth, I'd rather be robbed by someone who's put the same time and thought into building their IpH as I have. It's better than getting robbed by someone with $100k IpH.

I'm still getting really lame hoods and my IPH is 3.5 mil.

One guy I match up with literally has zero IPH but his stats are comparable to mine (8-10 mil). Nothing on his land but the big atlas statues. He's fun to rob. Not.

tom73
01-29-2014, 06:38 AM
I'm still getting really lame hoods and my IPH is 3.5 mil.

One guy I match up with literally has zero IPH but his stats are comparable to mine (8-10 mil). Nothing on his land but the big atlas statues. He's fun to rob. Not.

We all had this problem before. Now most of us can actually find the odd worthy target.

dribblin todger
01-29-2014, 06:40 AM
We all had this problem before. Now most of us can actually find the odd worthy target.

Do you mean that you actually go through the pain of waiting for the painfully slow loading of the rivals stats or do you just look at the hood and go for it

Benjibbks5
01-29-2014, 07:34 AM
I have problem understanding how someone with 25m stats is "close to" mine, which is at 18m...

HectorAM
01-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Do you mean that you actually go through the pain of waiting for the painfully slow loading of the rivals stats or do you just look at the hood and go for it

No kidding! I thought this problem was already fixed and now it is back! It takes ages to load rival stats and most of them are higher than mine! Is that the new match up? Too hard to rob like that...

CCKallDAY
01-29-2014, 07:40 AM
I have problem understanding how someone with 25m stats is "close to" mine, which is at 18m...This is Gree we're talking about :p

Sammo the Kid
01-29-2014, 07:44 AM
I noticed that they must have changed the formula for robberies. Before when you were 60% of the other person's defense you were going to win some robs. Now I'm losing some robs when I'm only a little less than the other guy...and you know what? I'm okay with that.

reticlover
01-29-2014, 07:54 AM
change it back or open the entire list to everyone

Benjibbks5
01-29-2014, 07:58 AM
change it back or open the entire list to everyone

Agree. In real life, you get to hit anyone and anyone can get to hit you. Even this will be better than current rival list...I hate to think that come pvp, my rival list will display the same rivals over and over and they are all too beat up for me to hit and I am forced to do nothing and wait for 2 hrs. Can't spend gold even of I wanted to...

Ajk
01-29-2014, 09:52 AM
I've already pulled up shop. After a year and a half building my hood the constant robberies of people with almost a million less stats then I had getting me over and over. The worst part is you can't do anything in return to them because they have such useless hoods. GREE has ruined the game to the point of no return so I nuked my hood. To much money and time is needed for these games anyhow. I'm finally free and it feels great.

No more money from me GREE. This game is pointless to try and keep up with the way they've changed everything.

toug
01-29-2014, 10:31 AM
you are wasting your energy,gree dont give a fak about players opinion:D

"Black Jack" Kehoe
01-29-2014, 10:50 AM
Finally! No need for me to spend gold anymore to raise my stats to protect my hood. Way to go gree!! #sarcasm

Laelia
01-29-2014, 10:50 AM
worse than the shark tank....same 40-50 players show up all the time

tfletcher20
01-29-2014, 11:37 AM
As a high iph player and a level 250 player I am getting the worst of both worlds. This rivals list helps some but really for a small sector of the player base this has truly did the complete opposite of what gree was trying to do. Being a level 250 player I am already at a huge IP disadvantage. Gree taking these actions is another reason for players not to level up.

Going forward I will not being collecting my 6/12/13/18/20/26 hours buildings. I can still collect a billion a week and with a 99% collection rate for my 24s. a fun part of the game is no extinct for me.

gREeALIST
01-29-2014, 11:55 AM
I've already pulled up shop. After a year and a half building my hood the constant robberies of people with almost a million less stats then I had getting me over and over. The worst part is you can't do anything in return to them because they have such useless hoods. GREE has ruined the game to the point of no return so I nuked my hood. To much money and time is needed for these games anyhow. I'm finally free and it feels great.

No more money from me GREE. This game is pointless to try and keep up with the way they've changed everything.
It seems as if players with decent stats and IPH have 1 of 2 options: i) being robbed by higher-stat players with a crappy IPH, or ii) risk being robbed by lower-stat players with even crappier IPHs. It's a no-win situation for these players, as they have to contend with leeches from both ends, and they can't retaliate because any funds recovered are just a fraction of what was lost, and who wants to end up in someone else's news feed? Now, all a boost in stats does is assure you of being placed in another shark tank. If you have given up the game for good, then congrats on winning. Too bad others don't have the foresight that you have.

GucciMane
01-29-2014, 01:39 PM
This is Kompu Gatcha.

This was to be expected.

Here's how the scheme works, in a nutshell:

1) Show a rivals list of primarily stronger players to a target.
2) Show splash screens of potential "giant prizes" to said target which either require gold ($$$) or glitching
3) If said target does not recognize this scheme, said target begins to spend frantically to "catch up" which is no different than chasing the white dragon.

Learn this scheme. Aware yourself. Don't be used.

eleosrincon
01-29-2014, 04:39 PM
What's the point of leveling up and spending money on gold if I will always be next to people close to my stats?

tom73
01-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Do you mean that you actually go through the pain of waiting for the painfully slow loading of the rivals stats or do you just look at the hood and go for it I have iOS. ;)

t12pm
01-29-2014, 07:58 PM
I have iOS. ;)

Don't matter if you have iOS it still loads slow as hell! Think I am done collecting now been hammered the last 24 hours by stats double or more than mine and then by a bunch of parasites so have fun now leeches with the last few dollars 💩 thanks gree now I got more time and more money 👍