PDA

View Full Version : New Issues! (Plus LTB rhetoric)

RealTeflonDon
01-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Syndicate forum is auto-deleting member comments & donations. Getting rid of the donations is okay- player comments, not so much. Edit: it seems now that donations are logging in the synd forum. Player comments are still being deleted though.

Loading a Rival's profile is now taking upwards of 30 seconds, to a minute. However long it is, its excruciating and should be resolved.

The Throwback Arcade is, for all intents and purposes, useless, as far as building IPH goes.. I can see that you're trying to tease new players into building their Cities (good). Problem is, ~$6k per day is just atrocious... L.10 payout needs to be more like ~$60k/day... minimum.. (Seems you've missed a digit or two)

To reiterate, suggestions were made that there should be a building for beginners (low cost/payout) and one that would actually boost IPH substantially (high cost/payout). That was a brilliant idea.

The way it seems you've interpreted this was, make the LTB completely useless (IPH wise), which, in turn will likely cause IPH players to forego this LTB. Unless they want the stat boost.. as we can see, many are displeased with the rival list change and feel that stats are more or less irrelevant now- so, IPH it is.

I'll reserve my judgement and distaste for GREE's lack of willingness to work with the community, as, it seems you're severely understaffed and spread too thin across your products. It would also appear that GREE is unwilling to accommodate for the fact.

coolbala
01-28-2014, 11:09 PM
+1 to the lag problem

azgrunge
01-28-2014, 11:26 PM
How sure are you that an officer is not deleting comments.... it's happened before.
For the rest
- At least Gree is responding... which shows they are trying to listen.... they have to make money to survive.....
- those that say inflation is a necessary evil should go back and take economics again from a non Keynesian. It is evil and is not needed and will continue to hurt the game in the long run (IMO)
- Mixed reports on the LTB. I like it for those in my syndicate as only a few are rich enough to buy the big ones. This helps them grow power and gets them into the habit of looking at LTB for the future. I am sure Gree will come out with some more expensive LTBs in the future as they have in the past
- The rest are good points....but watch the context

Just remember; those guys have jobs and they want us to stay as well. But no one likes every customer yelling at them. Ask them, tell them, persuade them .... yes. But yelling and griping every turn will not help our cause and will only make their job miserable. We both want to be happy :)

Just my 2 cents - feel free to toss it to the curb

Munch on it
01-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed or if it's happening to anyone else but I can't travel to a friends hood anymore. Just stays on the screen that says traveling to friends hood.

RealTeflonDon
01-28-2014, 11:48 PM
How sure are you that an officer is not deleting comments.... it's happened before.
For the rest
- At least Gree is responding... which shows they are trying to listen.... they have to make money to survive.....
- those that say inflation is a necessary evil should go back and take economics again from a non Keynesian. It is evil and is not needed and will continue to hurt the game in the long run (IMO)
- Mixed reports on the LTB. I like it for those in my syndicate as only a few are rich enough to buy the big ones. This helps them grow power and gets them into the habit of looking at LTB for the future. I am sure Gree will come out with some more expensive LTBs in the future as they have in the past
- The rest are good points....but watch the context

Just remember; those guys have jobs and they want us to stay as well. But no one likes every customer yelling at them. Ask them, tell them, persuade them .... yes. But yelling and griping every turn will not help our cause and will only make their job miserable. We both want to be happy :)

Just my 2 cents - feel free to toss it to the curb

This is your third post eh??

Anyways, I know for a fact that its not an officer deleting because they're all asleep and the one that wasn't, reported the issue to me. I went and donated money to the syndicate- deleted... I went and commented, immediately deleted.

1.) If GREE wants to make money, they need to provide incentives for people to pay.

2.) I wholeheartedly agree that keynesian economics are evil.

3.) The stat boost is good, the cost is good, the payout is laughable. ~$6k per DAY.... Even if it were $600k per day it wouldn't even begin to scratch the surface of what a real IPH is. In other words, this will do nothing to help those players in your syndicate obtain the next LTB. Let alone to help buy their first Movie Theater. So, I'd argue that this is actually turning those players away from LTBs (aside from the stat boost)

4.) Thanks, but the context is appropriate. I've been playing this game since before GREE acquired it and, while I can appreciate the efforts of GREE employees, their management is clearly looking to cut their overhead costs and the managerial decisions are short-sighted, at best.. This in turn strains the development team and the end result is a less than satisfactory result for the consumer- which translates into a decrease in revenue. I wasn't yelling, merely stating that I understand that the situation at GREE is clearly strained (or would at least appear to me this way).

Thanks for your 2cents, here's a dollar

(violence) vinniecc
01-29-2014, 12:48 AM
Syndicate forum is auto-deleting member comments & donations. Getting rid of the donations is okay- player comments, not so much.

Loading a Rival's profile is now taking upwards of 30 seconds, to a minute. However long it is, its excruciating and should be resolved.

The Throwback Arcade is, for all intents and purposes, useless, as far as building IPH goes.. I can see that you're trying to tease new players into building their Cities (good). Problem is, ~$6k per day is just atrocious... L.10 payout needs to be more like ~$60k/day... minimum.. (Seems you've missed a digit or two)

To reiterate, suggestions were made that there should be a building for beginners (low cost/payout) and one that would actually boost IPH substantially (high cost/payout). That was a brilliant idea.

The way it seems you've interpreted this was, make the LTB completely useless (IPH wise), which, in turn will likely cause IPH players to forego this LTB. Unless they want the stat boost.. as we can see, many are displeased with the rival list change and feel that stats are more or less irrelevant now- so, IPH it is.

I'll reserve my judgement and distaste for GREE's lack of willingness to work with the community, as, it seems you're severely understaffed and spread too thin across your products. It would also appear that GREE is unwilling to accommodate for the fact. What is gree thinking? They have gotten way out of hand! We need to form a rebellion against greedy dark side, Lol! Hope greedy gets the point now!

djonny88
01-29-2014, 12:52 AM
Lol they wont even read this

RealTeflonDon
01-29-2014, 01:12 AM
Lol they wont even read this

I'm certain they will. Problem is the same developers working on CC are working on about a dozen other games with their own content & issues that need to be coded & ironed out.

So there's this giant priority list for each game and they go from one to the next as their project manager deems fit.

Besides, its not the moderators who fix these issues (for the most part- some are multi-faceted), its the development team. As mentioned above, the development team doesn't call the shots.. So, its a painstaking process of do this now, put that off. Okay now we need to work on that game instead of this one.

Bottom line is, the GREE dev team is understaffed, or so it would seem. The curious part to me is that the syndicate forum bug occurred after work hours.. maybe 10-11pm PST.. If it wasn't directly caused by the data push for the LTB/LTQ, what caused it?

RealTeflonDon
01-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Bump for awareness

azgrunge
01-30-2014, 10:43 PM
This is your third post eh??

Thanks for your 2cents, here's a dollar

I have been playing for a while.... longer than Gree owned the firm as well... Number of posts doesn't matter. Cheers

PS, can I count this as a post so my numbers will go up to impress you?

sister morphine
01-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Regular walls are not showing emojis anymore, nor any comment posted after using one. Could that (partly) explain the problem here?

one man gang
01-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed or if it's happening to anyone else but I can't travel to a friends hood anymore. Just stays on the screen that says traveling to friends hood.

Was happening to me, do a full shut down and problem was gone.

Hope this helps.

RealTeflonDon
01-31-2014, 12:11 AM
I have been playing for a while.... longer than Gree owned the firm as well... Number of posts doesn't matter. Cheers

PS, can I count this as a post so my numbers will go up to impress you?

I just liked the fact that it was your 3rd post. Wasn't insinuating anything by mentioning it.