PDA

View Full Version : What is the point in PVP Rankings these days? (Private - Dragon CDR)

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
01-28-2014, 02:31 PM
What is the point of the PvP Ranking structure these days? Before WD events, FLTQs, etc. this was the way to unlock Valor units which were the best units that could be earned.

At this point in the evolution of MW what purpose does it really serve besides matching you against similar ranks for PvP raiding and to protect those of lower rank? The reward for gaining rank offers nothing in special units. Valor units are worthless these days. None of your allies or faction members can see your rank. To me it is a dated element in the game and is in need of an update.

Anyone have other thoughts about this?

Tardavic
01-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Hey guys, we appreciate all of your feedback regarding this matter.

This has been mentioned before and our developers have taken all of this into consideration.

Pidgeot
01-28-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm getting a little tired of all the stock replies from the admins of this site. Its clear you guys are not listening to the players. If you were, the devs would stop making loot with thousands of attack and defense and letting players "buy" them. What you all need to do is make all Valor units indestructible and put them on par with Gold units, since one, you can't "earn" gold in game and you dont earn Valor at a rate to where it will hurt your pockets and make the game for free and lite gold players more manageable.

Give all the players of the game a unit that allows 2 upgrades at a time or reduce the upgrade times a lot. It makes no sense for a upgrade to last 3+ days. Increase the power of the units that can be bought. Its absurd to ask 5.8 million for a unit with 50/48 stats. Make it to where ALL players can compete in the game without needing deep pockets.

It should be illegal for this game to exist the way it is and you all have the nerve to call it competitive? Fix the game if you want players to stick around. Stop with all the event. One a month should be fine and make the odds of winning them good for all active players.

If you care about our feedback, this issue will be fixed within a week.

AlexFoo
01-28-2014, 05:43 PM
calm down beavis. lol

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
01-28-2014, 07:33 PM

This has been mentioned before and our developers have taken all of this into consideration.

My recommendation would be to offer Inherent Bonuses with each Rank. This may offset the "Stat Inflation" increase.

qdubbya
01-28-2014, 07:41 PM

You misspelled "Shut up and color."

Mastert55!
01-28-2014, 07:44 PM
Agreed with everything!!!

Socks
01-28-2014, 07:53 PM

Oh no you didn't.

DTA-HOG
01-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Gree has done an outstanding job listening to their customers. It may take a little time, but if the majority wants it, it happens. They aren't going to give us anything for free so don't be expecting that.

thetruth
01-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Gree has done an outstanding job listening to their customers. It may take a little time, but if the majority wants it, it happens. They aren't going to give us anything for free so don't be expecting that.

Gree has an abysmal record listening to its customers, unless the customers complaining are SUP and Ferr/TKO...

BeanTownBob
01-29-2014, 08:07 AM
The only benefit that I see for the ranks is when you get First LT and beyond because the Valor units do start to be important to round out your 750 per type (Ground, Infantry, Sea, & Air)

It would be nice to see the ranking structure play a more important role in the game.

BeanTownBob
Old Skool Gamers
407-216-119
16.6 mil attack/ 18.1 mil def

What is the point of the PvP Ranking structure these days? Before WD events, FLTQs, etc. this was the way to unlock Valor units which were the best units that could be earned.

At this point in the evolution of MW what purpose does it really serve besides matching you against similar ranks for PvP raiding and to protect those of lower rank? The reward for gaining rank offers nothing in special units. Valor units are worthless these days. None of your allies or faction members can see your rank. To me it is a dated element in the game and is in need of an update.

Anyone have other thoughts about this?

I Will Merc You
01-29-2014, 08:19 AM

Let me say this first: I think the developers DO listen, and for those of us who have been here since the beginning..we have seen all of the changes that have been implemented.....and most, if not all of the changes were initiated from posts in this forum asking for change................ If they say they are working on it...they are working on it! :)

Now.....with all that aside........................................"You misspelled 'Shut up and color'" was funny..I don't care who you are.

droffatsto50
01-29-2014, 08:38 AM
In the past month GREE have done so much better its unbelievable. Still need some communication on folders but apart from that everything seems to be going that bit more smoothly. Really do hope we get something on raid boss now, as the situation as they say is "code red"

MaverickINsc
01-29-2014, 09:05 AM
if level 500 force degredation prize unit was indestructible with a 2 upgrade at once bonus how many campers and squatters would start attacking and level up?.......wouldn't be hard for gree to dangle a better tasting carrot

Sgt. Fancypants
01-29-2014, 11:40 AM
It doesn't help if they get attacked every time they say they're looking into it.

thetruth
01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
It doesn't help if they get attacked every time they say they're looking into it.

It's because they were given the benefit of the doubt when they first used that line. After a while it became evident they are just copying and pasting that line as to bury the point/suggestion/flaw.

This is why when that same copy and paste response comes up it produces a negative reaction.