PDA

View Full Version : GREE - Found the Droid problem with the MAPS.

SpikeyKit
01-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Sorry to double up on the posts. When I started thinking about your poor Devs going through lines of code I decided to get my team to test a few things out to narrow the problem down (and you wont find a problem)

The 1st test we did was to load a map using the missions section. That worked fine, which got me thinking on some old threads with this problem. So I asked the 2 guys on droid this was effecting to load a map and wait it out. After a few minutes the map loaded. So we tried another map. Same wait, same results!

We then tested switching back and forth between the maps. This loaded alot faster, so we tried a different map. Waiting again, but once it was loaded they could get back to it from anywhere quickly!! This again got my thinking. They both just got new phones!! The data for each map gets automatically saved on your phone, making the map load faster!!

So after various tests, reboots, different maps we located the problem.

The problem is with the server sending the data quickly, were looking at new droid player waiting upto 5 mins for a map to load! But once its done that map is no longer a problem!!

I hope this helps you out and all the other players with this problem!

Richard79
01-28-2014, 02:05 PM
This still sucks ass as if you have any issues and need to do the usual uninstall and reinstall you end up with the map issue again!!! I know ive been there several time but talkin to gree is like raising the titanic!!!

Agent Orange
01-28-2014, 02:08 PM
I think you will discover that with the new phones they don't have as much data saved on them.

The map loading problem is actually a matter of the server push not being able to download the entire data set because the phone doesn't have enough free space for it. The only solution I had was to manually delete files, now this could be an OS issue as it happens on some of our Android devices but not all 7 of them.

It may be as simple as checking your downloads and deleting an old one, or opening the File manager and rooting around for a folder full of older downloaded versions of MW app.

This btw is also part of the issue of not being able to get a server push for a new update, in that case if you've tried deleting everything that you don't need and can find you had to delete the app and then reinstall it.

Tardavic
01-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks so much for providing this information. Passing this over to the developers!!

chuck_norris
01-28-2014, 05:11 PM
WORKS GREAT!!!!!
cleaned up a little and boom..all works fine,just have to wait 20 or so secs.
big thx bud!!

SpikeyKit
01-28-2014, 09:55 PM
WORKS GREAT!!!!!
big thx bud!!

Not a problem mate.

I also suggest a faction member on ios to check your stats droids read a little less i think then the true value. But not by much

SpikeyKit
01-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks so much for providing this information. Passing this over to the developers!!

Not a problem, beats working my job :D hope they can solve it quickly now.

Any other problems my faction discovers ill post on here and test out what we can. Im aware the more information you have the easier it is to fix.

Agent Orange
01-29-2014, 06:07 AM
WORKS GREAT!!!!!
big thx bud!!

No problem, that can also solve the issue of updates not downloading which is another common problem on android. There is a flush cache option in the uninstall window which I have not tested, just afraid that it could also flush your player data.