PDA

View Full Version : Droid map problems

SpikeyKit
01-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Hello people of MW. Today id like to hightligh that there is still a problem with some droids and not being able to open maps.
Im hoping the technical team will look into this problem promptly and fix the problem for those suffering with this problem. Some feed back would be nice also.

Thanx

Tardavic
01-28-2014, 12:48 PM
I just wanted to mention that our team of developers have been investigating this issue.

We understand that this has been going on for a while and we apologize for this. We hope to have this resolved soon, but will gladly keep you updated as much as possible.

Thanks!

SpikeyKit
01-28-2014, 01:00 PM
I just wanted to mention that our team of developers have been investigating this issue.

We understand that this has been going on for a while and we apologize for this. We hope to have this resolved soon, but will gladly keep you updated as much as possible.

Thanks!

Thank you for the quick response, i'll keep my team updated

Agent Orange
01-28-2014, 02:14 PM
The map loading problem is actually a matter of the server push not being able to download the entire data set because the phone doesn't have enough free space for it. The only solution I had was to manually delete files, now this could be an OS issue as it happens on some of our Android devices but not all 7 of them.

When I say OS issue I mean that the OS is not properly flushing data sets that are no longer needed or have been used.

It may be as simple as checking your downloads and deleting an old one, or opening the File manager and rooting around for a folder full of older downloaded versions of MW app.

*** WARNING *** if you see a button marked install DO NOT hit it as you could reinstall an OLDER version of the app.

This btw is also part of the issue of not being able to get a server push for a new update, in that case if you've tried deleting everything that you don't need and can find you had to delete the app and then reinstall it.

The devs keep forgetting for some reason that some devices are limited in internal memory and build data sets far to large for these devices....