PDA

View Full Version : Please find a use for all of the maps.

Spetsnaz
01-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Wouldn't it be great if we had events that used all of the maps? How about the maps in South england, northeast asia, Tasman sea, Southeastern africa, Arabian Sea or Central america? There are so many higher maps that aren't being used in Ltq & Fltq events.

Colonel J
01-28-2014, 01:24 AM
Its probably because most players dont meet the requirements to succeed on higher levelled maps. We dont really need another excuse for campers to whine. That epic boss event should be evened out with a fvf.

MaverickINsc
01-28-2014, 06:00 AM
Its probably because most players dont meet the requirements to succeed on higher levelled maps. We dont really need another excuse for campers to whine. That epic boss event should be evened out with a fvf.

let the campers whine.....they have their thing with the streak prizes.....how about rewarding the guys that have built their base and inventories enough to play on the high level maps.....I agree colonel........who cares if the campers are left out. shouldn't be able to sneak through the backdoor on every event.

Dutchie
01-28-2014, 06:11 AM
Its probably because most players dont meet the requirements to succeed on higher levelled maps. We dont really need another excuse for campers to whine. That epic boss event should be evened out with a fvf. Campers? You mean new players that started the game in the last 3 months. Yet another post of yours that digs at certain types of players. Camping in the true sense is long gone since factions were introduced over 12 months ago. So if you are going to post, don't post utter garbage that makes you look like a tool.

Kennetth
01-28-2014, 07:52 AM
Campers? You mean new players that started the game in the last 3 months. Yet another post of yours that digs at certain types of players. Camping in the true sense is long gone since factions were introduced over 12 months ago. So if you are going to post, don't post utter garbage that makes you look like a tool.
I thought a camper was someone who deliberately kept their level down, frequently only participating in epic boss, and sometimes being able to camp in a high faction for rewards because it's their 2nd account, I don't think it actually refers to people who are new to the game.

thetruth
01-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Campers? You mean new players that started the game in the last 3 months. Yet another post of yours that digs at certain types of players. Camping in the true sense is long gone since factions were introduced over 12 months ago. So if you are going to post, don't post utter garbage that makes you look like a tool.

Campers are alive and well and in top factions. They never helped in FLTQs (which have since been removed), never participated in Tournaments (since been removed), and don't do map missions for folders (avoid XP), don't do LTQs instead get way better raw stats and boosts from cheap Epic Bosses for their level.

Then go to war in top factions because their WD points are so much higher since they kept their levels down.

Gree rewarded campers continuously and to rub salt in the wounds of HLP, when they raised unit cap to 3000, they just left max level for 3000 @ L100, since they increased allies per level instead of forcing higher levels to get 3000.

I know many campers in good factions, increasing stats with little gold (a fraction of high level players use to get same increase).

2000y2k
01-28-2014, 08:20 AM
All players have issues doing missions on maps when they first start out because they need to upgrade unit buildings and level up to have access to maps. That is part of the game.

During the last 24 hour event when original NPC were used you heard the same complaints from newer members and players that chose not to upgrade unit buildings. That's part of the game.

Everyone has the choose to upgrade cash buildings over unit buildings and players that do not choose not to level up and upgrade unit buildings pay the price when these events go live. I missed multiple LTQ because I did not have these unit buildings upgraded so I chose to stop cash upgrades and went map by map to make sure I could do any LTQ in the future. Unfortunately by the time I finished upgrading these buildings the game changed for the most part to new NPC and not the original ones.

It's all part of the game and not using the maps in LTQ makes them almost pointless and I hope Gree does start to use the maps that have never been touched in an LTQ.

One option I would like to see would be multiple LTQ running at the same time with an expert and beginner mode. Beginner mode would use the lower level maps and offer a weaker final unit than an expert mode would use some of the higher maps with better units. This way everyone can participate and the players that upgraded the unit buildings would be rewarded for playing the game how it was originally designed.

The game has changed a lot since it first rolled out when the maps were a major part of the game and upgrading unit buildings were essential for doing well in LTQ events.

Dutchie
01-28-2014, 08:20 AM
I thought a camper was someone who deliberately kept their level down, frequently only participating in epic boss, and sometimes being able to camp in a high faction for rewards because it's their 2nd account, I don't think it actually refers to people who are new to the game.A camper is someone that does what it says on the tin... They camp to build their economy and rarely, if ever, participate in events to keep their level down. A player who only participates in certain events that give out low XP so that they level up slowly is not a camper in the true sense. They are players that choose their events wisely to avoid excessive XP where they can, which is the result of GREE's obscure game mechanics that in effect punishes HLPs in certain events. I'm one of these players and I don't hold back in WD events as I score well to help the team. Although this event gives me the most XP, the rewards for being in a regular top 100 faction offset this gain in XP. It is by GREE design that these types of players exist, even if it were not their intention.

I never implied that campers were new players. I was referring to the fact that new players who are starting out, don't have access to the later maps. With the advent of factions, I don't know anyone who camps these days, but there are plenty of players out there who choose their events wisely. Why others feel the need to keep digging at the types of players is probably because they didn't work out the game mechanics until they reached level 150 and so they direct their anger at those players who did. Hate the game, not the player!

Dutchie
01-28-2014, 08:34 AM
Campers are alive and well and in top factions. They never helped in FLTQs (which have since been removed), never participated in Tournaments (since been removed), and don't do map missions for folders (avoid XP), don't do LTQs instead get way better raw stats and boosts from cheap Epic Bosses for their level.Then go to war in top factions because their WD points are so much higher since they kept their levels down.Gree rewarded campers continuously and to rub salt in the wounds of HLP, when they raised unit cap to 3000, they just left max level for 3000 @ L100, since they increased allies per level instead of forcing higher levels to get 3000.I know many campers in good factions, increasing stats with little gold (a fraction of high level players use to get same increase).That is not strictly true as I did help with the FLTQ but not to the same extent as the HLPs in our faction. However, it was the LLPs who excelled in the Epic Boss events where the HLPs could not, that enabled the faction the ability to complete all Epic Boss faction goals. So therefore having a faction with a mix of HLPs and LLPs is still the best type of faction as each type of player contributed in different ways to attain all faction goals.

Since the stats inflation, many players decided to start a second account so that they had both an HLP and LLP account which allowed them to play the game accordingly based on GREE's game mechanics. It is not my problem if players ignored the game mechanics set by GREE. Don't blame the players for playing accordingly, blame GREE for their obscure design.

So it begs the question... Why didn't you start a 2nd account when the stats inflation kicked in last August? Only have 1 device... surely not!

Note to self... Don't edit posts when standing in the rain otherwise you get some unwanted taps.

Spetsnaz
01-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Wo there Dutchie. Maybe you need a lesson in how some people STILL play this game. Camping is still a viable option.

Dutchie
01-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Wo there Dutchie. Maybe you need a lesson in how some people STILL play this game. Camping is still a viable option. I never stated that camping wasn't a viable option. I stated in subsequent posts that I didn't know of anyone that still camped with the advent of factions. There were many more true campers in the game prior to factions as many of them joined a faction to partake in the WD and subsequent faction events. You must be the exception to this rule. Now I know of at least one person who still camps and belongs to a camper faction. Maybe more will come out of the woodwork now... like all your camper team mates :)

thetruth
01-28-2014, 12:17 PM
That is not strictly true as I did help with the FLTQ but not to the same extent as the HLPs in our faction. However, it was the LLPs who excelled in the Epic Boss events where the HLPs could not, that enabled the faction the ability to complete all Epic Boss faction goals. So therefore having a faction with a mix of HLPs and LLPs is still the best type of faction as each type of player contributed in different ways to attain all faction goals.

Since the stats inflation, many players decided to start a second account so that they had both an HLP and LLP account which allowed them to play the game accordingly based on GREE's game mechanics. It is not my problem if players ignored the game mechanics set by GREE. Don't blame the players for playing accordingly, blame GREE for their obscure design.

So it begs the question... Why didn't you start a 2nd account when the stats inflation kicked in last August? Only have 1 device... surely not!

Note to self... Don't edit posts when standing in the rain otherwise you get some unwanted taps.

HLPs with supplementary secondary/tertiary profiles can finish Epic Boss, the value of low level players are pretty small there for faction quests. Also, Raid Boss is level agnostic.

But low levels can't and won't finish FLTQs without HLPs so they would never get those bonus units (again Gree removed them, part of their +1 year objective to disproportionately benefit low level players).

Gree changes game mechanics and what's advantageous to meet their profit squeezing ways.
If they felt more events for higher levels would overall give them more profits they would and they might, who knows.

I have other profiles and I don't care to fuel Gree's profits, I play for fun with some sizeable gold left over from my last purchase which I'm stretching for a long time, won't give Gree another cent. My stats are decent for me to continue to have fun and complete many of the events.

I never blamed other players, LOL I blame Gree and I will continue to blame Gree, they take the piss on long time and loyal players, that's well established. They want people to make new accounts to spend more, and repeat the process, I'm not dumb enough to fall for that.

Dutchie
01-28-2014, 12:28 PM
"Gree changes game mechanics and what's advantageous to meet their profit squeezing ways." - Totally agree and why this game has ended up in this awful mess with no consistency that favours lower level players to get them to buy into the game which we long time players know is a fruitless exercise that could literally cost an arm and a leg. Unscrupulous comes to mind.

Paiens
01-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Maybe more players would finish the maps if the rewards for doing so were in line with other events. That is where the bigger problem lies. What is the point in doing any of teh missions now...rewards suck and xp gained is ridiculous.

Tardavic
01-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Hey guys, not to interfere too much with this discussion, but this thread has taken a path away from the main topic of discussion.

Please keep this thread constructive and on topic, and any feedback or suggestions you have feel free to provide that and it will be passed along.

Spetsnaz
01-28-2014, 07:05 PM
I never stated that camping wasn't a viable option. I stated in subsequent posts that I didn't know of anyone that still camped with the advent of factions. There were many more true campers in the game prior to factions as many of them joined a faction to partake in the WD and subsequent faction events. You must be the exception to this rule. Now I know of at least one person who still camps and belongs to a camper faction. Maybe more will come out of the woodwork now... like all your camper team mates :)
I was commenting on this "Camping in the true sense is long gone since factions were introduced over 12 months ago." Camping rules have changed since Gree has made all of their changes to the game.

I'm not in a camping faction. I'm in VFF Tramps. I just have 2 mini accounts. One of which is a camper. Not in the camping sense as it used to be before factions came out but still a camper. Things change as Gree makes changes to this game. Camping has become more about keeping xp gain to a minimum while gaining great units.

Spetsnaz
01-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, not to interfere too much with this discussion, but this thread has taken a path away from the main topic of discussion.

Please keep this thread constructive and on topic, and any feedback or suggestions you have feel free to provide that and it will be passed along.

Thanks for that Tardavic.

I like an idea that someone else posted earlier about having different events going on at the same time. This way llp & hlp accounts could go after different goals. The rewards could be higher for the higher maps. A higher reward for the accounts who spent the time upgrading their unit buildings instead of only focusing on their income buildings. Hey Gree. This could motivate members to once again focus their attention on the unit buildings. I think I can speak for most members when I say I have lost interest in buying units because of all of the unit drops I get from events. Another reason why so many members have a lot of valor. Because the valor units aren't worth it either.

But maybe I'm wrong and I'm by myself on this theory. What does everyone else think?

Dutchie
01-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Thanks for that Tardavic. I like an idea that someone else posted earlier about having different events going on at the same time. This way llp & hlp accounts could go after different goals. The rewards could be higher for the higher maps. A higher reward for the accounts who spent the time upgrading their unit buildings instead of only focusing on their income buildings. Hey Gree. This could motivate members to once again focus their attention on the unit buildings. I think I can speak for most members when I say I have lost interest in buying units because of all of the unit drops I get from events. Another reason why so many members have a lot of valor. Because the valor units aren't worth it either.But maybe I'm wrong and I'm by myself on this theory. What does everyone else think?

As Tardavic said in another thread... "We appreciate all of your feedback regarding this matter. This has been mentioned before and our developers have taken all of this into consideration."

The trouble is that unless they can monetize the ideas that we suggest, unfortunately most of them will just be kicked into the long grass. That's the way GREE rolls. The gaming experience has suffered because of this incessant drive to monetize every new aspect that they introduce. Is this really the future of gaming? There are plenty of indie developers out there that focus on the gaming experience, but I digress...

I totally agree with your theory... cash and valor units are pointless because they haven't kept step with the stats inflation. Whole swathes of the game are now pointless ALL because of their greed for our money. It has been 6 months since players have asked to do something about cash and valor units and it is still under consideration... which brings me back to the start of my post!

thetruth
01-29-2014, 05:40 AM
As Tardavic said in another thread... "We appreciate all of your feedback regarding this matter. This has been mentioned before and our developers have taken all of this into consideration."

The trouble is that unless they can monetize the ideas that we suggest, unfortunately most of them will just be kicked into the long grass. That's the way GREE rolls. The gaming experience has suffered because of this incessant drive to monetize every new aspect that they introduce. Is this really the future of gaming? There are plenty of indie developers out there that focus on the gaming experience, but I digress...

I totally agree with your theory... cash and valor units are pointless because they haven't kept step with the stats inflation. Whole swathes of the game are now pointless ALL because of their greed for our money. It has been 6 months since players have asked to do something about cash and valor units and it is still under consideration... which brings me back to the start of my post!

Well said +1

hoho
01-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Slightly off topic...
was hoping some changes on cash units for awhile now. not sure if the 'strong against' unit means anything to overcome super inflated indestructibles unit. On top of that, with so many more units coming out from events, there is a chance that the cash unit may not be selected for battle at all because they are low stat.

look forward for cash unit revamp. thanks.