PDA

View Full Version : Mods: Question about Rivals List

murf
01-27-2014, 05:34 PM
I've visited about 50 hoods on my level 250. And all stats have ranged from 8m to 12m. So it looks like relative strength dominates the new algorithm. Now when the next LTQ comes out and I'm thinking about whether to drop x amount of gold for the weapon + mod on offer, what is my incentive? If I gain 1mill in stats, my rival list will just comprise players with 9m-13m in stats.

My reaction to the new rivals list is to never spend gold again to improve my stats because now it's all relative, so you will always be average vs your competition.

Am I missing something?

RealTeflonDon
01-27-2014, 05:40 PM
This is a moot concern. Unless you're the #1 player in CC I'd say there were always stronger players than you. I'm sure even the #1 is vulnerable to being attacked.

murf
01-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Not a moot point at all. Big difference between 10% of your rivals being able to rob you and 100%. If I were to drop 2 vaults and increase my stats 1m. I'd probably protect myself against another 2-3% of my rivals. Now doesn't matter at all, still vulnerable to 100% of my opponents.

So then explain to me the point of building your stats, is it not to be relatively stronger then your competition?

Actually i'd argue its better to have weak stats now, because your rival list probably won't be the active players on CC. And you will rarely be attacked.

RealTeflonDon
01-27-2014, 05:51 PM
If you're concerned about being attacked then you're playing the wrong game. Additionally, you don't know who's rival list you're showing up on. You don't know the percentage of time that you are showing up as the big dog or the little fish. The bottom line is that you were always vulnerable.

EDIT- imo, the point of building stats is to have better targets in war and perform better in boss events.

murf
01-27-2014, 06:01 PM
So you build up stats to do better in war and boss events for what purpose?

To get weapons to build up stats to do better in war and boss events?

You really don't think stats should have an affect on whether you are stronger then your rivals during regular play?

murf
01-27-2014, 06:08 PM
If you're concerned about being attacked then you're playing the wrong game. Additionally, you don't know who's rival list you're showing up on. You don't know the percentage of time that you are showing up as the big dog or the little fish. The bottom line is that you were always vulnerable.

Well, one thing I do know is that 100% of the rivals list I am now showing up on can rob me, before it was less then that (probably significantly less). And the other thing I now know is there is nothing I can do about that, no matter how much stronger I get, I will still to vulnerable to 100% of my rivals (short of joining FC/Art of War).

So, to me the answer is simple, there is now no need to spend gold to improve my stats, because I will always be average.

RealTeflonDon
01-27-2014, 06:09 PM
No, I don't. I got robbed regardless, despite having okay stats for my level. As I'm sure everyone else with a respectable IPH did/does...

No matter what, you were and have always been vulnerable. You can try and guess percentages of who could hit you and who couldn't- irrelevant.

Collect diligently, problem solved.

jmeijer
01-27-2014, 06:12 PM
Well, one thing I do know is that 100% of the rivals list I am now showing up on can rob me, before it was less then that (probably significantly less). And the other thing I now know is there is nothing I can do about that, no matter how much stronger I get, I will still to vulnerable to 100% of my rivals.

So, to me the answer is simple, there is now no need to spend gold to improve my stats, because I will always be average.You're exactly right. No need to spend gold anymore. Good for my wallet! I never expected Gree to become less greedy and to give us a free game to play, but they did!

RealTeflonDon
01-27-2014, 06:15 PM
If you guys were spending vaults so that another 1/2% of people who's rival list you showed up on couldn't hit you, then you were doing it wrong.

murf
01-27-2014, 06:20 PM
If you guys were spending vaults so that another 1/2% of people who's rival list you showed up on couldn't hit you, then you were doing it wrong.

Haha...I don't spend vault after vault.

look at my mid-level accounts....L147-7m stats, L79-6m stats...especially the mini, I've spent just enough gold to make sure that account is a top 1% account. Now it's average. You really think I'm ever spending another dime on that account to improve my stats?

And you still haven't answered what the reason for improving your stats is?

Sammo the Kid
01-27-2014, 06:22 PM
I can now rob and be robbed by 100% of my rival list. I do see some better hoods than before but what's the point. We just keep robbing from each other ad nauseum.

Stupid change.

RealTeflonDon
01-27-2014, 06:28 PM
I already answered that above.

Yes, its redundant, but this game has been redundant since its inception. Make numbers bigger. Your misconception of being bulletproof is laughable though as you never were to begin with. Again, you can guess percentages but you still got hit, didnt you..

murf
01-27-2014, 06:39 PM
I already answered that above.

Yes, its redundant, but this game has been redundant since its inception. Make numbers bigger. Your misconception of being bulletproof is laughable though as you never were to begin with. Again, you can guess percentages but you still got hit, didnt you..

And I never said I was bulletproof, and I actually said maybe 50% of my rivals couldn't touch me, that's a bit different. But my time spent on events and my gold spending is the difference between my L250 account having 2m in stats and 10m in stats. Before that mattered, as I could easily attack and rob, and actually fight off some attacks and robs. Now those 2 levels of stats are the same, they are both average vs their rival lists.

My 2nd and 3rd accounts haven't been robbed in weeks. Especially my 3rd account, it's a top 1% account and this change just made it average....

And on my main account of course I got hit. But case in point, last night my L10/L8 NCs stayed untouched for 4 hours and my L7/L7 NIS staying untouched for 2 hours last night while I slept. No chance of that happening now.

murf
01-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Again, you can guess percentages but you still got hit, didnt you..

You also say you can guess percentages, and you make it sound like 2m stats and 20m stats are the same, because you can still get robbed and you don't know the "percentages", you really don't see the difference or are you just arguing to argue at this point?

RealTeflonDon
01-27-2014, 06:50 PM
I see the difference in the rival list and I see that being robbed irritates you because you put money into your stats. Being robbed is part of the game, welcome back.

reticlover
01-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Easy fix, make the rival list open to every player from lvl 1 to 250. So that every one is on same playing field

murf
01-27-2014, 06:56 PM
I see the difference in the rival list and I see that being robbed irritates you because you put money into your stats. Being robbed is part of the game, welcome back.

I rob and get robbed every day on my main account. In fact, I probably lose more in robberies every day, then 95% of CC collects. But this is my last thing and I'm done with this argument, because you aren't getting it....

Players should have a choice that if they want to spend a lot of money and become stronger then their rivals, they can do that. That option has now been taken away from them. You will always be average, unless you are in the top 0.01% of players and drop $50k-$100k. $10k is no longer enough to be very strong. You don't see a problem with that?

Zendfrim
01-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Murf, your logic is completely sound. Gree has effectively neutralized any incentive to increase stats. They have also penalized high IPH players for no reason. So now, income is a bad thing, and if I was an idiot I would sell all my buildings, but instead I will just leave them robbed.

RealTeflonDon
01-27-2014, 07:14 PM
I rob and get robbed every day on my main account. In fact, I probably lose more in robberies every day, then 95% of CC collects. But this is my last thing and I'm done with this argument, because you aren't getting it....

Players should have a choice that if they want to spend a lot of money and become stronger then their rivals, they can do that. That option has now been taken away from them. You will always be average, unless you are in the top 0.01% of players and drop $50k-$100k. $10k is no longer enough to be very strong. You don't see a problem with that?

No I really don't see a problem with that. If you want to be practically untouchable, spend (a lot) more. Being untouchable was a broken game mechanic IMO. Sure, it was rewarding for players to be in that .01% for their level. Now its only rewarding for the top .0001% of the players in the game. They earned it.

We clearly have a difference of opinion and discussing it clearly isn't going to change either of our minds. I see it as a welcomed change because now I can easily find targets to recoup money stolen from me. Additionally, those that have stolen from me are more likely to have hoods worth retaliating on.

And the downside which you're clearly hung up on is moot to me because you and I were both robbed regardless of our stats.

Blowin Smoke
01-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Easy fix, make the rival list open to every player from lvl 1 to 250. So that every one is on same playing field

Best idea I've heard today.

murf
01-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Murf, your logic is completely sound. Gree has effectively neutralized any incentive to increase stats. They have also penalized high IPH players for no reason. So now, income is a bad thing, and if I was an idiot I would sell all my buildings, but instead I will just leave them robbed.

Thanks... If enough people think rationally about spending gold to increase stats, as we do, then this experiment won't last long, because Gree will see a drop in gold sales.

But there's nothing rational about spending hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands on an phone app game. So who knows.

Blowin Smoke
01-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Thanks... If enough people think rationally about spending gold to increase stats, as we do, then this experiment won't last long, because Gree will see a drop in gold sales.

But there's nothing rational about spending hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands on an phone app game. So who knows.
I spend a significant amount of money on gold, and I like the update.

Didas
01-27-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't do a ton of robbing, but after thinking about the new system, here's my take on it.

If everyone on your rival list can rob you and you can rob everyone on your list, the only way to come out ahead is if you have a lower IPH than your rivals. That way, you have less to lose than your rivals. In other words, you want to have a high stat/IPH ratio.

One way to do better in the game of rob or be robbed is to raise your stats while keeping your current IPH. Improving your stats would presumably get you access to stronger rivals with higher IPH that you can steal from. The other way to win the game would be to sell all your buildings so you have nothing to steal from. But in that case, you wouldn't need to rob because you have nothing to spend the cash on.

As far as I can tell, the change forces people to rob others in order to make up for losses from being robbed. It screws campers who don't have high stats compared to their IPH. It also screws older accounts who have spent a long time building up their hoods but haven't kept up with the recent stat mega-inflation.

TMI
01-27-2014, 08:12 PM
With all due respect, I must disagree with that particular conclusion. which in turn is being used as a premise for your final conclusion. "the ONLY way to come out ahead"

Another way to "come out ahead" is to collect on time.

I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but I believe it IS an important alternative and viable "strategy" for "coming out ahead"

I don't do a ton of robbing, but after thinking about the new system, here's my take on it.

If everyone on your rival list can rob you and you can rob everyone on your list, the only way to come out ahead is if you have a lower IPH than your rivals. That way, you have less to lose than your rivals. In other words, you want to have a high stat/IPH ratio.

One way to do better in the game of rob or be robbed is to raise your stats while keeping your current IPH. Improving your stats would presumably get you access to stronger rivals with higher IPH that you can steal from. The other way to win the game would be to sell all your buildings so you have nothing to steal from. But in that case, you wouldn't need to rob because you have nothing to spend the cash on.

As far as I can tell, the change forces people to rob others in order to make up for losses from being robbed. It screws campers who don't have high stats compared to their IPH. It also screws older accounts who have spent a long time building up their hoods but haven't kept up with the recent stat mega-inflation.

Zendfrim
01-27-2014, 08:14 PM
I spend a significant amount of money on gold, and I like the update.and once again your name fits just right. That's forward thinking.

hexie
01-27-2014, 08:39 PM
You can protect your building income for free!11! - just collect on time! :cool:

cooch
01-27-2014, 08:42 PM
A bigger question to ask for mods to answer is what is real motive for this change up?

Your rivals list is opened but about +/- 25%. The more important question was hit upon by a few peeps and it isn't robbing.

We will get a PVP event. Typically no one in their right mind attacks anyone for a win that is less than 25% weaker than you. The current rival list makes the loss rate for PVP about 35-50%. Hence if you spend gold and chase after weak syn and individual awards why would we gree if we need to spend double what we did in last war to achieve our results?

So was this change really about bringing a change to game or setting up any future PVP to see more failed hits and more gold spent in PVP events? The peeps close to hitting the mark where those concern about getting bricks. Who's gonna waste hits for bricks with a good failure rate.

I'd like to hear from CJ or Jerle about the logic and whether the Def range stat will be opened up even more or you will hear a lot of complaints of a gold grab.

murf
01-27-2014, 08:50 PM
You can protect your building income for free!11! - just collect on time! :cool:

You didn't read me correctly. It's not all about protecting my buildings. It about why would I spend gold to increase my stats now. if I have 5m in stats and see other players with 5m in stats or spend gold and have 10m in stats and see other players with 10m in stats. What did I gain by spending gold?

That's my question. And since I don't see how I gain, I don't see why I should spend more gold. I think that's a rational line of thought.

dragon001
01-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Actually, it was a point of honor to be the best/strongest stat player in my region of levels. Are you without honor? Sounds like it. It was the goal of any good player to have the best hood, with the best IPH, and the highest stats. They have just deleted/negated the purpose and possibilitie of being the best. I am only level 118, but I have a lot of 200's-250's now on my rivals list. In many ways this is a giveaway to the players who were doing poorly and leveled up too high and too fast. Gree hates its longterm good players for some very strange reason. You will say income based as well.... less than half of my IPH is the best I have seen in the 200 up levels.

cooch
01-27-2014, 09:08 PM
and once again your name fits just right. That's forward thinking.

LOL. Reminds me when Apple Mac Guy told the fake Molly Maguire that he was inconsequential to conversation.;)

ILikeTheAbuse
01-27-2014, 10:08 PM

You must not rob very much... Do you enjoy having to load up 150 crappy hoods to find someone worth robbing? Why would you want to wade through garbage to find a gem (pun intended) when you could cruise around some decent neighborhoods and visit some Nightclubs while you're out.

ILikeTheAbuse
01-27-2014, 10:15 PM

Nope. You can rob 20 people with half your IPH and make more than those 20 people can take off you the next day.

...except that IPH is taken into account when building YOUR rival list, so if you sell your hood, you get worse targets and can't rob as much ever day. (yes, IPH is only part of the equation, and it's not enough)

As far as I can tell, the change forces people to rob others in order to make up for losses from being robbed.

Ding Ding Ding

It screws campers who don't have high stats compared to their IPH. It also screws older accounts who have spent a long time building up their hoods but haven't kept up with the recent stat mega-inflation.

It doesn't screw anyone who is willing to rob back what they lost that day, except now that is quite a lot easier than it used to be because you don't have to wade through 30 minutes of garbage to find a decent target.

(not an exceptional target that you want to go to war with for the next week. Just a decent target. Half your IPH with buildings up seems to be easy to find, now. We are at war with everyone, now. Constant battle on all fronts requires time spent robbing people back every day)

PedroPimples
01-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Iph isn't because I see no one on my rival list close to my iph, most are less than 20% of mine. I spent a lot of good being nearly untouchable, I was robbed once every 2/3months at most. Now they change the whole dynamic of the game making my gold spend worthless. The only people this is good for are people who aren't able to hold iph and those super minis who get strong for free sitting in high syns.
I agree with murf and zend and will not spend another penny now as it will not effect anything I am able to do anymore.

poo hands
01-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Poo hands boards his party bus and goes home......u coming Pedro?

PedroPimples
01-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Yep. Buildings are left uncollected and I'm leaving the game.
All aboard the party bus...

http://youtu.be/6Zbi0XmGtMw

PedroPimples
01-27-2014, 10:51 PM
I think he likes it

Dutchie
01-27-2014, 11:56 PM
The change to the rival list is one of the worst changes made to this game. Everyone can expect to be robbed now regardless of your level and stats. Players took pride in building up their IPH and stats that prevented people from robbing them much with the old rival list, but now that the new rival list has been pushed out, this is no longer true and it defeats one of the main essences of this game.

I, and I'm sure there will be many, will just simply stop playing this game now and will refuse to collect my buildings as a sign of protest until the old rival list is put back. If not done soon, I will create a poll that will show that the majority feel like this, apart from the players with no IPH who are the only ones who benefit from this change. This is a smack in the face to all your loyal and long standing players... EPIC FAIL!!!!

Knight Spazz
01-28-2014, 12:41 AM
And the reason is, this rival list change sucks. Forget about looking for people to rob for a minute, and just look at another thing.... What are syndicates supposed to do for bricks anymore? I just looked through my rival list for 10 minutes, and didn't see one person I even could attack, let alone could attack and be certian I'd win.

Why does gree insist on "fixing" something that isn't broken when there's other thing that could require attention?

Go ahead gree, keep catering to the few with piles of cash (why else would they make a stupid change like this unless someone with cash to burn asked for it?) and after too long, those "few" will be the only ones left...

PS, I guess they could just sell us a brick for 5 gold (sarcasm)

Kev33y
01-28-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm not worried about being robbed that's part of the game it just pisses me of that I can no longer earn bricks for my team as every body seems to be stronger than me because I have a high iph

Timala
01-28-2014, 01:03 AM
No bricks for war and no uzis for boss... And with the new rivals list no need to work on iph or stats :D

Zippy69
01-28-2014, 01:16 AM
It doesn't screw anyone who is willing to rob back what they lost that day, except now that is quite a lot easier than it used to be because you don't have to wade through 30 minutes of garbage to find a decent target.

(not an exceptional target that you want to go to war with for the next week. Just a decent target. Half your IPH with buildings up seems to be easy to find, now. We are at war with everyone, now. Constant battle on all fronts requires time spent robbing people back every day)

You're absolutely correct, now I don't have to waste time (half an hour or more) searching for a decent rival...

***Instead, I WASTE TIME SEARCHING FOR A RIVAL I CAN ACTUALLY BEAT - WHETHER I WANT TO ROB THEM OR DEFEAT THEM FOR BRICKS***

And, When I Do Find Someone I have a chance of Beating, Their Stats are so close to mine that they can just hit me straight back! And as I've previously been successfully robbed by players with 20-25% Less Attack than My Defence, where's my incentive to do anything!!??

Zippy69
01-28-2014, 01:22 AM
to back up the above, here's my day so far with New Rivals List...

I had an 'open mind', dipped my toe in last night & recce'd 5 Hoods, 4 were all at least 600K higher (Min) and the one that was close to me, was only about 150 Def lower, with similar Att Stats...

So, Old Rival List involved lots of Refreshes to find players of similar level, with lower stats but higher iph to Rob...
I could always find players to beat but decent robbing candidates took much more time and effort...

Now, I've just gone through Rival List TWENTY TIMES and with Exception of 3 Hoods - All 'Rivals' were 500K - 1 Million Higher Than Me!!??

Sorry GREE how the feck is that a Rival & exactly how am I supposed to Rob/Attack these people!

One thing that p*ssed me off about old system, was having muppets 600K Offense Lower than me Successfully Robbing Me (NB: at present, I'm around 2.5mil, so that's a 1/5 or more Weaker!) - That should never have happened & I always went back and paid them back in kind ten times over!

Now, you want me to start playing the same way as those dumb a holes!!!???

sorry, but, I'm usually tolerant of your updates/ amendments but this is broken!!!

New List is Joke, main difference is it appears that I can now be attacked by players 20 levels above me & 20 levels below me!

Where's the incentive to encourage players to grow when the local bully, to weak to beat up people his own size, just drops 20 levels to thump a player starting out...
This is just going to descend completely into school yard bullying...

At least with old Rival List you were always looking at people within 3 levels of yourself & generally, If you were above average, it was through either good playing or lucky enough to be part of good Syndicate, that gifted you lots of Rewards...
If you found someone weaker, it was usually because they were inactive, made bad game decisions or just plain stupid!

Zippy69
01-28-2014, 01:26 AM
Weird: just reselected Rivals List and ALL Opponents were back at my Level or within 1...

have GREE gone back???

I hate to complain
01-28-2014, 01:26 AM
we all had to put up with being robbed while getting ahead. I feel like I have just wasted a year of my time getting to the strength I have. :idk:

I hate to complain
01-28-2014, 01:29 AM
Weird: just reselected Rivals List and ALL Opponents were back at my Level or within 1...

have GREE gone back???

just had a flick thru. not in my time zone they havent.

Zippy69
01-28-2014, 01:31 AM
was just single occurrence, now back to new sh*te...

I hate to complain
01-28-2014, 01:35 AM
^ triffic bloody triffic stuff

My2cents
01-28-2014, 01:35 AM
Rivals list is the equivalent of someone pushing you and then running to kneel down behind you and you still fall over them.

I hate to complain
01-28-2014, 01:40 AM
wot ?!

how can someone kneel down behind you when they have just pushed you over.

platinump
01-28-2014, 03:37 AM
my real life family control five accounts from lvl 43 to 185. been playing this "game" for 20 months from first start. we participate in a top 1000 syndicate. this change pisses all over our efforts. good bye to greed if this is maintained.

budman68
01-28-2014, 03:49 AM
It made an easy decision for me. Sold my hood. Donated the $$ to my syndicate and quit the game. Poof! On to any other non gree game

TheRealAnarchy
01-28-2014, 04:08 AM
No matter how many times I refresh the list I get the same 20 or so names over and over, this is getting old fast...

AliKat
01-28-2014, 04:21 AM
No matter how many times I refresh the list I get the same 20 or so names over and over, this is getting old fast... me too!!! Getting exactly the same players just moved around every time I refresh... And that's been like that for hours now... Worse still is I have 2 accounts which must be "similar" in stats according to Gree's algorithm because both accounts have the same names on both rival lists... These have been robbed hours and hours ago and have nothing left... I've been up and down the whole list... What's the point??? Is this Gree telling me there are only that many people with similar stats???
My gold spend is fast approaching a big halt if there is now no point in becoming stronger stat wise...
What they should have done is open the level 250 ceiling to 300+

nazgul
01-28-2014, 05:51 AM
No matter how many times I refresh the list I get the same 20 or so names over and over, this is getting old fast...
I found the same thing and decided to record it to prove the point.

I refreshed my RL ten times. Here is what I found:
200 names (10 refreshes)
70 unique names
1 name on all 10 lists
2 names 9/10 lists
4 names 6/10
4 names 5/10
24 names on 1/10

the name Alex: 2/10 lists

My IpH and my stats are both around 10M, so that may account for the limited pool. But it's wearisome seeing the same names over and over and over....

nazgul
01-28-2014, 06:03 AM
As for the OP: I agree with you wholeheartedly. The new RL completely negates my approach to the game. I took a long time to build a player with relatively high stats and IpH for his level. I never liked taking the time to rob people, so I generated my own money. Before statflation, there was a period of months where I never got robbed.

If they had implemented this six months or so ago, I wouldn't have minded it as much. But the new RL in combination with the addition of 11/13/20/26 hour building output cycles amounts to a 40% building output reduction for me. Because real life gets in the way, I can't even collect my 12-hour buildings consistently, much less the newer LTBs.

So now I have a new strategy: leave my buildings robbed and try to make it up by robbing others. But as you can see from my post above, I'm finding it tough to find others to rob. Building stats no longer matters, as murf (and others) have so eloquently pointed out. I can handle the game bugs being frustrating. But now the game mechanics are even more frustrating. As others have stated, CC is rapidly losing its appeal.

Fredfreddy
01-28-2014, 06:08 AM
I found the same thing and decided to record it to prove the point.

I refreshed my RL ten times. Here is what I found:
200 names (10 refreshes)
70 unique names
1 name on all 10 lists
2 names 9/10 lists
4 names 6/10
4 names 5/10
24 names on 1/10

the name Alex: 2/10 lists

My IpH and my stats are both around 10M, so that may account for the limited pool. But it's wearisome seeing the same names over and over and over....

My IPH and stats are also around there (though stats closer to 9m) and I'm finding the same thing. I thought it was just a fluke last night but this morning it's cycling all the same folks.

Have you been robbed since the rival list change? I had a L8 WSFG sitting out for like 6 hours and it didn't get touched. I'm hoping that people with high IPH have sort of a gentleman's agreement, but we'll see what happens over the next few days.

I'm also seeing that my allies are in my rival list too. Not sure if that's new with this change or it's been like that for a while.

nazgul
01-28-2014, 06:25 AM
Have you been robbed since the rival list change? I had a L8 WSFG sitting out for like 6 hours and it didn't get touched. I'm hoping that people with high IPH have sort of a gentleman's agreement, but we'll see what happens over the next few days.
I'd been going back and forth with someone since last week, so I haven't collected my non-24 hour buildings in a while anyway. So no, I haven't been robbed yet, but only because I haven't been collecting.

I'm also seeing that my allies are in my rival list too. Not sure if that's new with this change or it's been like that for a while.
Once syndicates were introduced, your mafia was opened for attacking/robbing. It might seem more prevalent now since you're seeing the same names over and again.

b-w
01-28-2014, 06:25 AM
i agree with everyone who disagrees with the change but my main complaint is there are no rivals with way higher iph than mine now. It seems like everyone i can rob has a low iph like mine. I had names and levels memorized of players with millions iph that had beatable stats and now there are plenty of people i can rob but no money..so wtf is the point? Am i going to have to increase my iph to find others with high iph? If my iph was super high then i wouldn't need to rob anyone to begin with..so kinda pointless now right?

The Toe
01-28-2014, 06:30 AM
Ahh the new rival list.....

Some of the Pros to it:
1. I don't need to check stats before robbing someone, I KNOW I can rob everyone that shows up.
2. Everyone that shows up has nice buildings that I WANT to rob.
3. Not a single empty no building hood, yea it's a lot like the above, but I LIKE it that much!
4. I made lots of money today from theft......

Some of the Cons:
1. I was robbed badly last night, it's been awhile since that happened.
2. I guess I need to bank now, they stole my cash too, but lost about half the attacks they tried!
3. Limited pool in my rival list.
4. I can't build myself up to protect my cash anymore.
5. Many of the hoods in my limited pool have been pre robbed, by me or another before I get there.
6. If I DO decide to check stats on my Driod, it takes FOREVER to get a rival's stats.
7. WTH, everyone is SO close to my attack, I got no stooges to hit for easy bricks!

So all and all.... I like the way MY rivals list looks when I want to go out robbing, but HATE the way I look on others Rivals list, and the fact that I'm not a least a medium fish in the pond any longer, I'm the same size as everyone else, and if I grow up, they just gonna put me in another pond!

Dutchie
01-28-2014, 06:32 AM
i agree with everyone who disagrees with the change but my main complaint is there are no rivals with way higher iph than mine now. It seems like everyone i can rob has a low iph like mine. I had names and levels memorized of players with millions iph that had beatable stats and now there are plenty of people i can rob but no money..so wtf is the point? Am i going to have to increase my iph to find others with high iph? If my iph was super high then i wouldn't need to rob anyone to begin with..so kinda pointless now right? Bang on the money! Although not a lot in your case ;)

b-w
01-28-2014, 06:35 AM
I think if they took IPH out of the equation then i would dig it and it would be rad...but maybe it's just me? Are ya'll finding most of the hoods you're visiting are close iph to yours?

Kev33y
01-28-2014, 06:49 AM
Looks like they have changed things back I have a iph of 1.6 mill and have come across 3 people in my list with no iph

Sammo the Kid
01-28-2014, 07:14 AM
I think if they took IPH out of the equation then i would dig it and it would be rad...but maybe it's just me? Are ya'll finding most of the hoods you're visiting are close iph to yours?

For me it's a lot closer to my IPH. If they're close to my IPH and my level then I can live with the change. I just don't want to see level 250 broke ass fools as a reward for my decent stats.

b-w
01-28-2014, 07:26 AM
i guess i'd be happy with IPH playing less of a factor than other things. I don't expect everyone i visit to have more IPH than i do but i'd like to see some variance. Even if they collect on time then at least there is a shot at a whale. The way it seems to be now is isn't beneficial to me as much as it was before. I'll have to increase mine i guess. It's not the end of the world but i did like it better the other way.

SemoreButtz
01-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Hate it. My pool of targets has shrunk to about 50 pl. Most all have a poor IPH. Why spend more gold to increase my stats when I will just be put on a list with others that are the same stats.

Benzini
01-28-2014, 10:50 AM
I hate the new rival list!

Benzini
01-28-2014, 10:51 AM
I really hate it!

Benzini
01-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Unbelievable how much I hate it!

Nighteg
01-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Unbelievable how much I hate it!

Statistically (according to the poll), 80% hates it. The only ones who love it are the leaches / 0-iph losers.

b-w
01-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Help me sort through something. If i have incredible stats (i don't) then wouldn't that be bad now? For a few reasons but one is that if i am matched up with players similar to me and i am in a very small percentage then i'll only have access to that same small % in my list..right or no?

murf
01-28-2014, 11:38 AM
Help me sort through something. If i have incredible stats (i don't) then wouldn't that be bad now? For a few reasons but one is that if i am matched up with players similar to me and i am in a very small percentage then i'll only have access to that same small % in my list..right or no?

You are correct. A few are experiencing exactly that.

b-w
01-28-2014, 11:41 AM
That blows. So the top 2% are only going to see the top 2% in stats and get the same few over and over..nah. Not good. Doing the same thing over and over with the same result isn't real fun.

cmbrbb
01-28-2014, 11:48 AM
I keep going back and forth as to whether i like it or not. The one thing they will need to revisit is Thug Life and Hardcore Hitman goals. I'm at the point where it's beat 500 mafia members 55 times and I'm thinking based on this it's going to be harder to achieve these goals. My thought has always been if I get robbed it's because I left my buildings to long. It makes me mad but it's a part of the game. When I first started this game a few months ago, I really liked robbing because I could be a level 50 and would see and be able to rob level 150 and so forth. Now that I've gained IPH I can see how this is annoying for those high IPH. I see it from both sides. I think if they keep this change they should do away with the 10% or decrease it to 5% to bank your money.

b-w
01-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Yeah but i'm not seeing IPH higher than mine. Some seem to be but i am not. I'm basically seeing myself at different levels and number of mafia but attk and def and iph are same as mine..so robbing the rich isn't possible because my rivals list doesn't contain many richer than i am.

Ice Cream Man
01-28-2014, 11:59 AM
I like it.

Why, because now I don’t have to work hard to build my stats, no matter what I do, I will always be level with my Rivals. Didn’t purchase gold to complete the event, no worries, we will bump you down to a lower bracket so you are level with your rivals. What’s that, didn’t do well in the syn battles, no worries, we will bump you down to a lower bracket so you are level with your Rivals. Its like they are rewarding us for not using gold, and punishing us for using gold.

HAHA, WTH genius thought this up.
We are all winners now guys and gals....Everybody gets a Trophy!!

Benzini
01-28-2014, 12:06 PM
There are always the same 30 to 40 guys on my rivals list in different order... I robbed 200 to 300 millions every day! All guys together on my list now don't have this income...

And again: I hate the new rivals list!

Everybody should who fells similar should send Gree a ticket!

therealbengie
01-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Actually, it was a point of honor to be the best/strongest stat player in my region of levels. Are you without honor? Sounds like it. It was the goal of any good player to have the best hood, with the best IPH, and the highest stats. They have just deleted/negated the purpose and possibilitie of being the best. I am only level 118, but I have a lot of 200's-250's now on my rivals list. In many ways this is a giveaway to the players who were doing poorly and leveled up too high and too fast. Gree hates its longterm good players for some very strange reason. You will say income based as well.... less than half of my IPH is the best I have seen in the 200 up levels.

why do people think that if you haven't got x stats per level then you are bad at the game, how about those of us that have ben here long enough to long after 50k stats and spent gold to push ourselves over the 100k mark? the truth is the vast majority of people with super high stats are those that have either started spending or carried on spending over the last 6-12 months during the crazy inflation, some of us were pretty much burnt out and bored with gree by this point and either stopped using gold or use very little hence the "horrendous" stats that you refer to.

Marine007
01-28-2014, 12:21 PM
I have pretty high stats for my level, but now I looked up and down the rivals list for about a hr and found 5 people to rob/att I thought this was supposed to make it a lot more fun? Seems like a majority of players do not like it Gree, what was the method to this madness? What is the incentive to get higher stats if I am always going to be the small fish ? No one complained about the old rivals list, when people are happy you want to change their attitude?

Marine007
01-28-2014, 12:24 PM
There are always the same 30 to 40 guys on my rivals list in different order... I robbed 200 to 300 millions every day! All guys together on my list now don't have this income...

And again: I hate the new rivals list!

Everybody should who fells similar should send Gree a ticket!
I strongly agree with you brother!

murf
01-28-2014, 12:42 PM
I like it.

Why, because now I don’t have to work hard to build my stats, no matter what I do, I will always be level with my Rivals. Didn’t purchase gold to complete the event, no worries, we will bump you down to a lower bracket so you are level with your rivals. What’s that, didn’t do well in the syn battles, no worries, we will bump you down to a lower bracket so you are level with your Rivals. Its like they are rewarding us for not using gold, and punishing us for using gold.

HAHA, WTH genius thought this up.
We are all winners now guys and gals....Everybody gets a Trophy!!

+1

extras

archambeau
01-28-2014, 12:46 PM
why do people think that if you haven't got x stats per level then you are bad at the game, how about those of us that have ben here long enough to long after 50k stats and spent gold to push ourselves over the 100k mark? the truth is the vast majority of people with super high stats are those that have either started spending or carried on spending over the last 6-12 months during the crazy inflation, some of us were pretty much burnt out and bored with gree by this point and either stopped using gold or use very little hence the "horrendous" stats that you refer to. I completely agree. Some of us started playing this game long before the addition of syndicates. Myself being one of them. My stats have gone up 10+ million since the syndicates started but I was not a bad player before that. The addition of syndicates came with events that raise stats tremendously and the ability to raise stats with the help of your team. This doesn't mean I am a better at the game in the last year than I was the two plus years I played prior to that. I have spent thousands of dollars on this game only to have the gold I bought the first two years useless.

archambeau
01-28-2014, 01:02 PM
My IPH and stats are also around there (though stats closer to 9m) and I'm finding the same thing. I thought it was just a fluke last night but this morning it's cycling all the same folks.Have you been robbed since the rival list change? I had a L8 WSFG sitting out for like 6 hours and it didn't get touched. I'm hoping that people with high IPH have sort of a gentleman's agreement, but we'll see what happens over the next few days.I haven't been robbed once since they implemented the new rival list. I collected over 50 million this morning that had been sitting for almost 5 hours. I also noticed my newsfeed seems to be longer. I have gotten at least 10 messages today but no one is falling off of my newsfeed. Which is fine with me just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

baum
01-28-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm lvl 144 with 5.34m att/5.23 def and $7B IPH. Trying to keep an open mind, I sampled 35 random rivals from my new rival list.

72% of rivals have a higher defense than my attack.
Rival defense ranged from 12% lower to 29% higher than my attack.
I could probably win most robberies but I would have to be selective about attacks.

On the flip side is retaliation. Once I'm on a news feed, my rivals can eat me up.
66% of rivals have a higher attack than my defense.
Rival attack ranged from 15% lower to 51% higher than my defense.

Here's the bad part....
Average rival IPH is $3.1B (54% lower than my IPH)
85% of my rivals have lower IPH than me.

You've given me a RL where 100% of rivals can regularly beat me and 85% of them have more to gain from robbing me than I can gain from robbing them.

Gree, I'm trying to keep an open mind but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep working on this or go back to the old format. If you keep this format, please consider some ideas to even it out for higher IPH players. A couple of ideas...

- Tweak the algorithm to put more weight on IPH. That would balance the RL better.
- Clear out the news feed after 12 hours so we don't become easy targets for days/weeks
- Expand the RL. I'm seeing same names over and over.
- Give us some options to build up defense against robberies.
- I've heard new def bldgs are coming
- maybe let us buy/build up defense for a specific bldg
- maybe we could buy hidden defense or security systems to deter attacks or reduce the success rate.
- lower the cash limit that can be robbed on high IPH bldgs - this could be tied into the defense we build up

There are probably a ton of good ideas out there. I'm not a Gree hater. I enjoy the game but I need some reasons to love it again. Please help us out.

cynicalmofo
01-29-2014, 09:36 AM
I took the most obvious solution; sell all buildings.

I was quite happy at level 124, slowly creeping along with 7m+ stats and $14m IPH - Since the rivals list change, I've basically been ****d every 45 minutes by several different players with less than $200k IPH.

No point attacking back as the amount stolen represents more than they'll earn in the next week.

Now I can be one of many with an empty hood

I have money banked for LTB's so I'll just build them for the stats and sell them, if I need cash to finish them, I'll rob people knowing they can't do anything except what I've done.

No need for me to log on every few hours, no need to watch videos, no need to buy gold, I can just rely on all of the people increasing their stats falling into my range. Thanks for making the game free to play again GREE.

"Black Jack" Kehoe
01-29-2014, 10:43 AM
I agree... The new rivals list stinks! Way to go gree(d)