PDA

View Full Version : $30,000 Refund for The Art of War

Platform96
01-27-2014, 11:07 AM
GREE please refund TAOW for overspending $30K USD to clinch a first place spot that is far inferior to the syndicate full streak goal (Beach Whale, 151Katk + 25% mod).

Let's compare:

First place in this war gets a 20% armour attack mod- ok.. sounds decent I guess-

Completing the final syndicate streak goal gets a 151K atk weapon + 25% modifier (which first place won't get since SAS defeated them at least 3x)

SAS has roughly 30M IP while TAOW has an estimated 60M IP = 30M IP difference/100,000 IP (average per vault) = $30K USD overspent. If you argue about taking in consideration of gold bonuses, it would still be at the very least $15k-25K USD overspent.

In summary, congratulations to The Art of War for having the worst battle tactics in the history of CC. Though your syndicate's name doesn't live up to Sun Tzu's brilliant tactical fame, you will still have first place due to a few individual's wealth.

Blowin Smoke
01-27-2014, 11:14 AM
You think too much bro

ZURENNARRH
01-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Yaaaaaaawn

Danny Clear
01-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Gree please refund this guy 2 hours of his life back

Platform96
01-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Gree please refund this guy 2 hours of his life back
took 5 minutes to type this. for people who are slow, it may seem like 2 hrs.

Blowin Smoke
01-27-2014, 11:23 AM
took 5 minutes to type this. for people who are slow, it may seem like 2 hrs.
Y u b tellin lies

Why make a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with you whatsoever. Thanks for adding another useless thread to this forum.
Please refrain from posting any more garbage.

Sammo the Kid
01-27-2014, 11:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVJbX2sb2WY

Sums up OP

OmgMileyCyrus
01-27-2014, 11:26 AM
GREE please refund TAOW for overspending $30K USD to clinch a first place spot that is far inferior to the syndicate full streak goal (Beach Whale, 151Katk + 25% mod).

Let's compare:

First place in this war gets a 20% armour attack mod- ok.. sounds decent I guess-

Completing the final syndicate streak goal gets a 151K atk weapon + 25% modifier (which first place won't get since SAS defeated them at least 3x)

SAS has roughly 30M IP while TAOW has an estimated 60M IP = 30M IP difference/100,000 IP (average per vault) = $30K USD overspent. If you argue about taking in consideration of gold bonuses, it would still be at the very least $15k-25K USD overspent.

In summary, congratulations to The Art of War for having the worst battle tactics in the history of CC. Though your syndicate's name doesn't live up to Sun Tzu's brilliant tactical fame, you will still have first place due to a few individual's wealth.even if everything you said is correct......

You mad bro?!?

Blowin Smoke
01-27-2014, 11:30 AM
http://georgekostuch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/umadbro.jpg

Platform96
01-27-2014, 11:31 AM
even if everything you said is correct......

You mad bro?!?
Missing the point. I'm trying to help TAOW get better prize for next war since they probably won't get the streak prize unless they avoid SAS. Obviously members of TAOW or their bandwagoners may be somewhat angry at the reality in this post, but ultimately I'm trying to make GREE be aware of this situation. You shouldn't have to overspend 30M IP for a prize far inferior than what 2nd place and other bottom syndicates receive for the full win streak.

Deadwater
01-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Just because art of war lost 3 times doesn't mean they didn't make their streak goals.
And sorry the final prize for the streaks doesn't add up to what first place gets since they get all the prizes for battle. They didn't just pay for one prize.

Gingeasian
01-27-2014, 11:46 AM
You should get all of your facts straight first. Art of War did get the streaks prize

PedroPimples
01-27-2014, 11:46 AM
So boring.
They spend what they can afford. Don't be jealous because they make you feel poor bro.

Flapjacks
01-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Missing the point. I'm trying to help TAOW get better prize for next war since they probably won't get the streak prize unless they avoid SAS. Obviously members of TAOW or their bandwagoners may be somewhat angry at the reality in this post, but ultimately I'm trying to make GREE be aware of this situation. You shouldn't have to overspend 30M IP for a prize far inferior than what 2nd place and other bottom syndicates receive for the full win streak.

I understand where you're coming from, & it's easier to absorb things when understanding that prizes are only a tiny part of the equation to what the AOW is about. The larger part of the equation are the massive egos working in accordance with the need for affirmation. We all know that person who always needs a Chevy Compensation parked in their driveway.

RealTeflonDon
01-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Dumb thread is dumb... do the forum a favor & delete it, OP

OmgMileyCyrus
01-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Missing the point. I'm trying to help TAOW get better prize for next war since they probably won't get the streak prize unless they avoid SAS. Obviously members of TAOW or their bandwagoners may be somewhat angry at the reality in this post, but ultimately I'm trying to make GREE be aware of this situation. You shouldn't have to overspend 30M IP for a prize far inferior than what 2nd place and other bottom syndicates receive for the full win streak.no you are missing the point. I may not understand why a rapper drops 20k in the club but maybe I don't need too. That's his entertainment dollar spent how he wants it spent. If they are having fun and spending what they want, then who cares? You just SOUND jealous and mad at their spending level.

Asto
01-27-2014, 12:23 PM
It's clearly TAOW's fault. They want to spend big, then they gotta win. SAS did what they had to do and won. If you're proposing this, then 90% of teams should get refunds for getting **** match ups when they're 1/2 wins away from a win streak- rethink it, fool

djonny88
01-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Lol this is funny, maybe they just wanted to send a message.

JHovah
01-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Sounds like someone's jelly.

01-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Why would this even matter to you?

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
01-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Just because art of war lost 3 times doesn't mean they didn't make their streak goals.
And sorry the final prize for the streaks doesn't add up to what first place gets since they get all the prizes for battle. They didn't just pay for one prize.

This. Spot on.

Flapjacks
01-27-2014, 12:37 PM
I think you're all taking their post the wrong way. The person was trying to lobby for a better prize & pretty much reiterated that point in their reply. People jump on here like Lemmings at the mere mention of the AOW.

Their purpose was not jealousy driven.

The_
01-27-2014, 12:40 PM
GREE should offer the new Fight Club a complimentary steak dinner for their brilliant performance!

sister morphine
01-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Isn't life strange. If the op had been having a dig at SAS for not coming first, how many of those here attacking him would be jumping on board to agree? Be honest now :rolleyes:

Whether TAW got the streak or not, doesn't change the fact that they grossly overpaid for first place. Who cares in the long run though; it's their money to waste.

Gir
01-27-2014, 01:00 PM
If iirc, Sun Tzu stated something like, wars should be fought quickly in order so avoid economic loss in the long term (don't remember exact quote in the book @_@), so in theory TAoW may have saved some cash ;P
But personally I think it is a bit crazy to spend this amount of dough, but if you got the disposable income and like.the game so much, who am I to judge XD

TMI
01-27-2014, 01:31 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate The Art of War for coming in first place.

:)

Also congratulations to everyone for lasting yet another war weekend. Whether it be money spent, or sleepless nights, or a combination of both :)

-hades-
01-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Did they get the streak as sas beat them?

davem326
01-27-2014, 02:14 PM
What he doesnt understand is art of war did what they had to do to take first unchallenged. Congrats on the win art of war.

evj
01-27-2014, 03:20 PM
AOW do not have the whale ;)

HavingFun
01-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Nor did SAS get first place.

Jeremy Kyle
01-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Didnt sas do exactly what the op says last war? They over spent around 60k ip

Platform96
01-27-2014, 03:37 PM
20% atk mod + 30M extra IP > 151K atk + 25% atk mod ??? nice tactics

one man gang
01-27-2014, 03:57 PM

Let's compare:

In summary, congratulations to The Art of War for having the worst battle tactics in the history of CC. Though your syndicate's name doesn't live up to Sun Tzu's brilliant tactical fame, you will still have first place due to a few individual's wealth.

Montecore, you asked us to point them out. Here's another one. This is why you guys don't get a well done on wars. FC have more money and can spend more over time? You (SAS) have lower LVL team and therefore score more per hit? You then tap really fast. Great strategy. Do you work as a master tactician as your two step approach is flawless!

Also, O great one, this isn't another war where you beat third by 20+million is it?

sam0621
01-27-2014, 03:59 PM
I understand this guys reasoning but its taws money if they got the streak prize or not doesn't matter they can make up the 25% buy buying 1000 weekly items if they want. Its their money.

sam0621
01-27-2014, 04:00 PM
And just so everyone knows apple mac guy is bill gates :)

Ciara
01-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Moot point surely if, and according to another thread, these guys and others don't actually pay full whack for their gold. Why should they be refunded face value? They have a special back alley supplier, located next to the used car dealership, or something like that. Lol

one man gang
01-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Moot point surely if, and according to another thread, these guys and others don't actually pay full whack for their gold. Why should they be refunded face value? They have a special back alley supplier, located next to the used car dealership, or something like that. Lol

If that was true and GREE were getting 0 profit from their spending don't you think GREE would eliminate them from the game straight away?

sister morphine
01-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Arfur Daley Johnson's used gold dealership went out of business a while back, lol

Ciara
01-27-2014, 04:28 PM
If that was true and GREE were getting 0 profit from their spending don't you think GREE would eliminate them from the game straight away?

No idea. Wasn't expressing a view, just pointing out a consideration that, if true, might comfort the OP in his distress at this apparent misspend by TAOW, as it would be nowhere near as huge as 30K.

Ciara
01-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Arfur Daley Johnson's used gold dealership went out of business a while back, lol

+1

Extras

I love SAS
01-27-2014, 05:05 PM
20% atk mod + 30M extra IP > 151K atk + 25% atk mod ??? nice tactics

If you want to talk brilliant tactics, how about that time SAS spent 84 million IP for 2nd place as always? LOL. They only overspent 60 million IP or so.

Don't go subscribing to conspiracy theories now. Moon landing was fake, 9/11 was an inside job, FC are all GREE employees, etc.

Flapjacks
01-27-2014, 05:32 PM
It's not a conspiracy. Read through the thread it was stated on.

TMI
01-27-2014, 05:55 PM
If you want to talk brilliant tactics, how about that time SAS spent 84 million IP for 2nd place as always? LOL. They only overspent 60 million IP or so.

+1, agreed. SAS ended up over spending for a second place. However, i believe, SAS was going for first that war.

Don't go subscribing to conspiracy theories now. Moon landing was fake, 9/11 was an inside job, FC are all GREE employees, etc.

You must be American. However, from one human being on this planet earth to another (who presumably cares about the world their children will grown up in), I urge you to look up stuff on Building 7, thermite spheres, and while you're at it, Austrian economics. I don't want to get into politics, lest this thread get banned, but please do look those up (that goes for everyone). Also, please (for everyone) look into with false flags throughout history.

I love SAS
01-27-2014, 08:19 PM

I don't need to read the thread, I already know what it's referring to. You butthurt SAS members can make up any excuses for why you can't afford 1st place, I don't care, but FC purchasing "$20 vaults" is not one of them.

squared
01-27-2014, 08:20 PM
People rarely think things through. Especially if they have money to throw away.

I love SAS
01-27-2014, 08:21 PM
+1, agreed. SAS ended up over spending for a second place. However, i believe, SAS was going for first that war.

You must be American. However, from one human being on this planet earth to another (who presumably cares about the world their children will grown up in), I urge you to look up stuff on Building 7, thermite spheres, and while you're at it, Austrian economics. I don't want to get into politics, lest this thread get banned, but please do look those up (that goes for everyone). Also, please (for everyone) look into with false flags throughout history.

I'm going to ignore the second part of this post and just state that you're the only decent SAS member I know of. Real shame you had to join them. :p

one man gang
01-27-2014, 09:17 PM

Well if it was in a thread.....

I heard SAS were buying vaults for $15. Must be a fact.

one man gang
01-27-2014, 09:22 PM

I don't think you will be going to the 'treason bowl' then.

Edit- just finished googling *squints at everyone in this room*

Flapjacks
01-27-2014, 09:33 PM
I don't need to read the thread, I already know what it's referring to. You butthurt SAS members can make up any excuses for why you can't afford 1st place, I don't care, but FC purchasing "$20 vaults" is not one of them.

Again, I'm not part of SAS & could you please refrain from using the word "butthurt" in each post you make? One would start to wonder if you're projectively identifying? One would start to consider that further by looking at your name & tag. Obsessed much?
---This is your conscious calling---

You must not know about $20 vaults. That's ok, most of you don't. You may not have been a part of FC as long as I was. There's no need to talk about that anymore since few people share this info with each other, anyway. Point is moot.

Now go back to talking about hurt butts or whatever is in your subconscious, or perhaps, preconscious mind.

Carry on with practicing the art-of-war via your wannabe, pixeled double.

PedroPimples
01-27-2014, 10:26 PM

Brian J works next to montes used far dealership??
The plot thickens.

montecore
01-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Montecore, you asked us to point them out. Here's another one. This is why you guys don't get a well done on wars. FC have more money and can spend more over time? You (SAS) have lower LVL team and therefore score more per hit? You then tap really fast. Great strategy. Do you work as a master tactician as your two step approach is flawless!

Also, O great one, this isn't another war where you beat third by 20+million is it?

First, I don't think Platform96 is even a SAS member. He does seem to share our opinion on value in war.

For those who want to taunt me in the future, this is my general preference of SAS finishes:

1) First place, all streaks, for 35M
2) Second place, all streaks, for 35M (Where SAS finished)
3) First place, all streaks, for 60M
4) Third place, all streaks, for 35M
5) First place, no streaks, for 35M
6) Second place, no streaks, for 35M
7) Third place, no streaks, for 21M (where SC finished)
8) First place, no streaks, for 60M (where TAW finished)

If you think all that goes into our strategy is "low levels and tap real fast" then I suppose you should just go on believing it. But our actual strategies and the remarkable dedication of our members is what actually allows us to go undefeated. We beat TAW three times, beat SC three times, beat LOC three times, and I believe every other team in the top ten at least once or more.

I also believe SAS is the only team in the top 10/top 25 who have completed the streak goals every single time. If you can name another one, please correct me.

Regarding the lead over third, it isn't like TAW and SAS agreed that the first team to 100K would win and we would both stand down. I think those three fights counted for at least 10m of our IP. Go look at what the last few LTQs cost. Second place and all streak prizes for an average of 5-6 vaults per person (not accounting for bonus program) is actually not bad.

And as spartacus once said... Can you really put a price on fun?

one man gang
01-27-2014, 10:47 PM
First, I don't think Platform96 is even a SAS member. He does seem to share our opinion on value in war.

For those who want to taunt me in the future, this is my general preference of SAS finishes:

If you think all that goes into our strategy is "low levels and tap real fast" then I suppose you should just go on believing it. But our actual strategies and the remarkable dedication of our members is what actually allows us to go undefeated. We beat TAW three times, beat SC three times, beat LOC three times, and I believe every other team in the top ten at least once or more.

I also believe SAS is the only team in the top 10/top 25 who have completed the streak goals every single time. If you can name another one, please correct me.

Regarding the lead over third, it isn't like TAW and SAS agreed that the first team to 100K would win and we would both stand down. I think those three fights counted for at least 10m of our IP. Go look at what the last few LTQs cost. Second place and all streak prizes for an average of 5-6 vaults per person (not accounting for bonus program) is actually not bad.

Grr.. I'm starting to like you!

Also first part of my post was at you, second part was aimed at the poster!

montecore
01-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Grr.. I'm starting to like you!

Also first part of my post was at you, second part was aimed at the poster!

:o

Long weekend, little sleep, my reading comprehension isn't what it should be.

PS - don't bother. I will only disappoint you eventually.

PedroPimples
01-27-2014, 11:00 PM
He isn't lying. He is a perpetual disappointment.

poo hands
01-27-2014, 11:03 PM
He isn't lying. He is a perpetual disappointment.
I thought you left with me on my party bus

PedroPimples
01-27-2014, 11:09 PM
We are still in wifi range

M$T Raw
01-28-2014, 04:53 AM

Thats all well and good but aow did finish the streaks

Captain Torgue
01-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Thats all well and good but aow did finish the streaks

No they didn't!

surfinguy369
01-28-2014, 04:26 PM
All I see is a bunch of morons wasting a lot of money on pixels!!! I guess they have to make up for their short comings in real life somewhere.

dribblin todger
01-28-2014, 04:37 PM
All I see is a bunch of morons wasting a lot of money on pixels!!! I guess they have to make up for their short comings in real life somewhere.

You may say that, but who knows in real life, they could all be devilishly handsome, well endowed, own super cars, have beach front villas and live the millionaire lifestyle with a gorgeous brunette for every night of the week...