PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for stamina based events?

MaverickINsc
01-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Other than the old fvf format with better prizes to encourage play (although despised by campers and mini streak guys due to xp gained) Anybody have fresh ideas for stamina based events for individual or factions?.....just interested in hearing what others have thought of

steelhead
01-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Remember those useless units you sometimes get, after attacking a rival? Use them for a limited stamina time quest. Something like; collect 20 border commanders to receive an X unit. After that; collect 30 gunships, etc. etc.

Wallaster27
01-27-2014, 11:42 AM
I'd like some stamina events. I have 100+ stamina that sits for weeks unless I need to raid. Stamina was pretty useful a year ago but not anymore. I'd at least like to convert half of that stamina to energy.

Luuzer
01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
the first stamina event was very nice. Money people couldnt finish it with 5 minutes, thats why gree dropped it. I liked it a lot. It needed time and EFFORT to finish. Money people cant do that and it was gone :( I'm waiting it back, it was one of the coolest things to do :D

MaverickINsc
01-27-2014, 12:10 PM
how about the force degradation awards......if they were indestructibles and worth something substantial maybe?....maybe put the word stamina in the unit title and make it unbuyable.....only get it by putting in the time? something to reward the effort....like 25k unit with 1% alliance attack for reaching force degradation level 500 or 1000?......very few would get there

psuengineer
01-27-2014, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the event from a few months ago that usually coincided with the FvF tourneys. You would have to attack so many rivals to obtain a prize. Unfortunately, attacks are far too consuming of XP for most players to want to partake in. Why not change it to raids instead of attacks. that way, we can choose buildings that match what we want to gain in XP. If I want to raid LE's, I can raid LE's. If I want to raid supply depots, I can raid supply depots. As long as it is broad and not limited to raid x number of Infirmaries or something. If it is focused on individual buildings, then people will simply not repair those buildings and the event will crash and burn.

Luuzer
01-27-2014, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the event from a few months ago that usually coincided with the FvF tourneys. You would have to attack so many rivals to obtain a prize. Unfortunately, attacks are far too consuming of XP for most players to want to partake in. Why not change it to raids instead of attacks. that way, we can choose buildings that match what we want to gain in XP. If I want to raid LE's, I can raid LE's. If I want to raid supply depots, I can raid supply depots. As long as it is broad and not limited to raid x number of Infirmaries or something. If it is focused on individual buildings, then people will simply not repair those buildings and the event will crash and burn.

it burned first time cause everybody was losing high stat units. Now with hyperinflatation, we have indestructible armies basically and it doesnt matter any more. In pvp tournaments I always resetted my buildings for others. Didnt see any problem with that, cause basically no units where lost (except couple of high stats from LTQ-s, but they didnt matter to me).

JerseyGirl
01-27-2014, 01:12 PM
RAID event. 1 mission - Raid 1 million
2 mission raid 5 million. Etc..

Tardavic
01-27-2014, 02:18 PM
How's it going guys. Just dropping by to say hi and mention that your feedback is awesome. I will gladly pass along all feedback over to our developers as this will be taken into consideration.

So, by all means, please feel free to hit us up with more positive feedback!!

badgerblood
01-27-2014, 02:26 PM
^ Agree with RAID event.

I joined the game when pvp events were my only way of obtaining decent units... now I have 125 stamina that is only good for raiding buildings and donating to the faction..

It's also something that would avoid "camping", right? Finding low level players with nice buildings seems to be difficult.

psuengineer
01-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Maybe this is a stupid idea, but I was trying to think outside of the box.

What if you could use your stamina to actually do labor or something in your own base? Let's say they released a new building that would be a different variation of the current concrete plant. Only this building produces concrete for you to add to your inventory. You can then use your stamina to work at the plant rather than going off to fight.

Let's say the building produces 1 block per day with normal staffing (baseline production). When you go to work using your stamina, you can increase that production based on the amount of stamina you spend in the plant. You could say that for every 25 stamina you use, your production is increased by 1 per day. To prevent this from getting too far out of hand and everyone using gold to amass walls quickly, you could say the maximum building output per day is 5 blocks or something like that.

Blocks can then be collected from the building every 24 hours since they would need time to cure after production before they could be handled. Make the building raidable, so that opponents can take your concrete once it is ready for collection. I would make it, so if the building is raided, it is totally sacked rather than some percentage being left for you to collect when you return.

Just thinking out loud.

U Mad?
01-27-2014, 03:47 PM
I loved PvP ranked in the top 100 multiple times top 25 once. If they were to bring it back 5hat would be slick. But they are never keen on doing that kind of thing. Besides top 25 in pvp cost me 10 vaults and about 5 for top 100 its crazy the m8ney I spent. Last year alone was a down payment on a house. If they brought the units and events back to the way they were 18 months ago I would be every happy with that. Stamina based missions would require 1000s of points to finish and in the end I think I am running out of stamina to play any more.

MaverickINsc
01-28-2014, 05:54 AM
I definitely think that increasing the force degredation units to indestructibles and increasing the rewards to the same levels as the streak prize levels for stamina based faction events would herd the streak teams back into larger factions.....whats easier? a stamina based event or a 3 day battle marathon protecting streaks?....if rewards were equal I'm guessing it would eliminate at least a portion of the massive camping (gaming the game) group.

PITA4PRES
01-28-2014, 09:45 AM
I heard fltq will be returning. They should include stages that use stamina. The faction has to win x number of attacks or raids to complete the level but for raids do not say a specific building as people just did not repair the buildings anyway. People care more about faction events than individual ones so I would say that people will be more likely to repair their buildings and not let them sit. Plus some people like to raid and attack and others don't. It will increase participation from faction members that used skill points for stamina and can't help out as much for all these energy based events they have had because they have lower energy levels.

JerseyGirl
01-28-2014, 03:57 PM
We should do something about camping too.. lvl 50 8mil stats..

lemonhaze
01-28-2014, 04:27 PM
how about the force degradation awards......if they were indestructibles and worth something substantial maybe?....maybe put the word stamina in the unit title and make it unbuyable.....only get it by putting in the time? something to reward the effort....like 25k unit with 1% alliance attack for reaching force degradation level 500 or 1000?......very few would get there im on force degradation 599 124/180 to get to 600..so ya that would be nice reward..i also dont think alot would get that unit