PDA

View Full Version : War Lag is Getting Worse

cooch
01-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Gree Admins/Engrs:

Can you fix the long lag between hits. It's getting worse. Reported by at least 1/2 of Top 100 teams and lower. At this rate Monday morning will be a disaster.

Wrendrak
01-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Even pulling up Rival's profiles is taking forever. Please fix this.

CCC-syn
01-27-2014, 04:57 AM
as a programmer i can tell u that gree has done a very bad job.
game is built very poorly and i would guess is un-fixable (i mean it is better buiding this game from scratch rather than fixing its bugs).
i'm sure that the game is built on such inefficient code that the more updates or data pushes it will get will cause it to run slower and slower.

i don't mean to offend gree. it is just the truth.

PedroPimples
01-27-2014, 05:03 AM
Mods have stated many times that the base of the coding done by funzio before gree bought it was very shoddy. Everytime they try to fix something, it breaks a whole bunch of other things. As frustrating as it is, the main blame here lies at the feet of funzio.
How would people feel about the game shutting down for 2 weeks for it to be stripped apart and rebuilt? That is probably what it would take to get it all straightened out.

CCC-syn
01-27-2014, 05:17 AM
How would people feel about the game shutting down for 2 weeks for it to be stripped apart and rebuilt? That is probably what it would take to get it all straightened out.
most (if not all) of these bugs are server side.
actually this entire game is server side.
they can easily build a whole new and better version WHILE the current one is still running. no need to shut it down.
and it won't take 2 weeks or else it will suck as the current one lol

Dahat1
01-27-2014, 07:45 AM
They can easily build a whole new and better version WHILE the current one is still running. no need to shut it down.

Unfortunately, this would require intelligence and foresight at the very top of their corporation, and I sincerely doubt these modern-day Scrooges would pay to build a game they already have for players that are already paying money.

Best idea I've heard in ages, though. 100%