PDA

View Full Version : Gree, answer me this!

Touch Down
01-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Our syndicate ranked 82 last battle.
Currently ranked top 50

Lights Out ranked 1st last battle
Currently ranked in top 10 I believe.

So how do we face a team that is currently ranked higher by two tiers?
Even worse not one of our members can beat anyone in that team our level or above. How is that matched?
We have at the most a couple of their low accounts around the 60s we could score low points off from our high accounts. 150-250
Everyone of their members can score points from higher accounts. We can't score from any... How is this a match????

I know I have not been the first person to complain about this so how and why does this happen?
It's not fun for either team and the stats are so completely at different ends if the spectrum it's not funny.

Gree, your match up system needs work. What variables do you take into account?

candyson
01-25-2014, 11:37 PM
They have to match someone...
But, yes, the system is messed up... I can't even count how many times we've faced teams where we have had no good targets

Just gotta move on though and hope y'all don't match up again, nothing you can do about it.

ant1greeny2
01-25-2014, 11:52 PM
You think you have it bad!
My Syndicate faced a team where we had 0 targets! Not even lower lvls (there was a Lvl 13 with 8mil stats!).
My Syndicate is fairly small & we seem to be facing all the streak teams :(

PedroPimples
01-25-2014, 11:54 PM
You think you have it bad, TAW had to fight the might of SAS, not once, but twice!!!!

Guisseppe17
01-26-2014, 12:07 AM
You think you have it bad, TAW had to fight the might of SAS, not once, but twice!!!!
PedroPimples fighting against SAS twice...I'm sure there's room for a good joke or two, I'm just too tired to make em.

PedroPimples
01-26-2014, 12:11 AM
I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation.
This is definitely not a laughing matter..

Captain Torgue
01-26-2014, 12:20 AM

Ok I admit I got a good chuckle out of that!

I love SAS
01-26-2014, 03:31 AM
It's probably karma from sucking up to SAS so much, tbh.

Mactarvish
01-26-2014, 04:23 AM
mathup system - how it works ? anybody know?

PedroPimples
01-26-2014, 04:49 AM
Gree randomly picks two names out of a hat. Then puts them back and re picks until they get a match they believe will generate most gold.

MattThomas08
01-26-2014, 04:56 AM
Top 50 vs Top 10 isn't that bad of a battle. There are 10's of thousands of syndicates. 40 positions isn't a bad stretch.

I've faced top 10 teams when ranked Top 750 and vice versa.

OmgMileyCyrus
01-26-2014, 05:34 AM
Our syndicate ranked 82 last battle.
Currently ranked top 50

Lights Out ranked 1st last battle
Currently ranked in top 10 I believe.

So how do we face a team that is currently ranked higher by two tiers?
Even worse not one of our members can beat anyone in that team our level or above. How is that matched?
We have at the most a couple of their low accounts around the 60s we could score low points off from our high accounts. 150-250
Everyone of their members can score points from higher accounts. We can't score from any... How is this a match????

I know I have not been the first person to complain about this so how and why does this happen?
It's not fun for either team and the stats are so completely at different ends if the spectrum it's not funny.

Gree, your match up system needs work. What variables do you take into account?well when the top 35 teams or so are in a declared war room so they can carefully avoid each other, things kinda things happen. It isn't their matchup alogorithim that needs work, it's the timing of matchups

Touch Down
01-26-2014, 12:43 PM
It's probably karma from sucking up to SAS so much, tbh.

And you are? Why hide behind some pathetic name.
If you can't at least tell the forum who you are or what syndicate you are with you are nothing to no one.

Edit: just worked out who this is. Still don't like the dig but I do respect this person.
How are you anyway?

PedroPimples
01-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Well I bet that hurt his feelings ever so much.

kimberleyj
01-26-2014, 03:51 PM
i agree we faced a top 100 and we was ranked top 750 in the last war . i would like to know how you do the matching?.

djonny88
01-26-2014, 05:07 PM
We got top 30 teams while we at top 100 so what? We can defeat them.

k0de
01-27-2014, 04:14 AM
How many of these horribly unfair matchups are you guys seeing over the course of an event? If its 8 or 9 with a gap of a few hundred places then you have a legitimate grievance. But one or two per event is barely worth mentioning. I doubt that any team is gonna come out at the end having cruised through after being matched solely against groups no more than 20 places above or below theirs, and with a majority of players on either side being of comparable level and strength. Everyone's gonna have had one or two where they were outclassed in every respect (well, except perhaps Mollys. But everyone else).

However, the alternative is really just the same thing in a different package. The stricter the rules are for determining who can be matched against each other, the longer it will take to allocate an opponent. Faster matching means that occasionally you draw an unfavourable opponent and have to write off the 60 minute duration of the battle, but if making a closer (some might say "fairer") one is gonna add 4 or 5 minutes on average to the time between the declaration and the commencement you still end up losing that one hour- just not all at once.

The system isn't perfect, and it would be entirely unreasonable to ever expect such a thing. But there's a huge difference between "not perfect" and "completely broken". How well you feel it to be working is probably influenced more by your last two matchups than the tens of thousand of others it determines every event.