PDA

View Full Version : So I guess gree added some new parameters for matchups...

RonaldPVincent
01-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Dont ever remember syndicate size ever being mentioned as selection criteria for matchups... But apparently it now is.
Small streak seeing nothing but other small streak teams thru 1st 5 battles. Wouldve been nice to get some notice on that, thanks!

Idiosyncrasy
01-24-2014, 05:42 PM
They're not going to spoon-feed everything to you... sheesh.

Touch Down
01-24-2014, 05:45 PM
Good variable to add IMO

Streak teams are not fun to face for a full syndicate. Time to pick on someone your own size... Lol

RonaldPVincent
01-24-2014, 06:39 PM
They seemed more than happy to share what they said determined matchups in their system. To make such a major change is worthy of some kind of memo. It kinda ruins an entire weekend of strategizing. Can change a thing now.
Been matchup up against the same teams 2 times so far out of six total fights.

tom73
01-24-2014, 06:40 PM
We are getting best match ups.

2MblaZ
01-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Good - then pickup yer fists and... well, fingers, and - taptaptaptaptaptap :)))))

Dahat1
01-24-2014, 06:49 PM
To make such a major change is worthy of some kind of memo.

Cool story, bro. How long have you been playing again? Your join date says at least a couple years, but your comment clearly shows you haven't been paying attention.

RonaldPVincent
01-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Lol... Actually i have been sport. In fact i was just reading the email gree sent me from awhile back describing the criteria they say they used to create the matchups... And lo and behold it actually held true thru all the other streak wars ive been thru. Amazing i know right? Then to change the entire set up is not exactly giving peeps a sporting chance. Laughable to watch you speculate about anyones capacity to listen...im hearing what gree is saying.

**** you streaker

Luv4UR Mom
01-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Dont ever remember syndicate size ever being mentioned as selection criteria for matchups... But apparently it now is.
Small streak seeing nothing but other small streak teams thru 1st 5 battles. Wouldve been nice to get some notice on that, thanks!

I'm a syn of one, and my first two battles were against syns of ~5. All the rest have been against groups of ~15 plus.

RonaldPVincent
01-24-2014, 07:17 PM
4 man team , weve faced no one above 8 people and no team that we were not overmatched severely. It would seem like even that "matchups based on total team strength" has fallen by the wayside

Player A
01-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Wow
5 fights
3 against 1 team
2 against another
Is the new selection criteria working ?

RonaldPVincent
01-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Its working if you are:
A. Being forced to use gold to compete
B. Dont want to streak anymore
C. Getting ass handed to you by peeps way stronger than u

HavingFun
01-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Good. Sounds like Gree did something right again. Battles are meant to be full teams anyway.

Guisseppe17
01-24-2014, 08:20 PM
Are people really that thick?

If it matches you against syns with around the same total attack, of course you'll be paired with other small teams. Unless your team is comprised of 4 or 5 tams, you're not going to have the same total attack of a syn with 40-60 members, therefore you won't be paired with them in battle.

The Expendables
01-24-2014, 08:43 PM
We have been streaking since the match ups were jacked up when streaks were put into the game. The last 4 wars we completed all the normal and prestige LTQ. This battle we have faced 6 separate teams. Every other battle has been lopsided against us.
Example:
Battle 6 we faced a team with 17 members with stats ranging from 3M to 10M. Battle 7, which is ongoing, is a 2 man team with stats of 3M and 500k. How is this fair?
Who is to say what a full team is? Look up the definition of "team" and get back to me. Just because someone chooses to play a different way than you doesn't make either side the right side, just different sides.
And as far as battles being meant for full teams, you are showing your ignorance.
Here I will help you:
4. A number of persons associated together in any work; a gang; especially, a number of persons selected to contend on one side in a match, or a series of matches

FYI

panty sniffer
01-24-2014, 09:13 PM

If it matches you against syns with around the same total attack, of course you'll be paired with other small teams. Unless your team is comprised of 4 or 5 tams, you're not going to have the same total attack of a syn with 40-60 members, therefore you won't be paired with them in battle.

^^ This

On second thought though, if he was with a group of say 5 members with total attack of 10 million I can see where he can rightfully expect to be matched with 10 members with approximately 1 mil each member. Maybe a top 4000 team.

If you are part of a small streak team that's really strong then that's where current rank probably comes into match up algorithm and you won't see the weaker teams with twice as many members as your smaller power team.

HavingFun
01-24-2014, 09:31 PM
We have been streaking since the match ups were jacked up when streaks were put into the game. The last 4 wars we completed all the normal and prestige LTQ. This battle we have faced 6 separate teams. Every other battle has been lopsided against us.
Example:
Battle 6 we faced a team with 17 members with stats ranging from 3M to 10M. Battle 7, which is ongoing, is a 2 man team with stats of 3M and 500k. How is this fair?
Who is to say what a full team is? Look up the definition of "team" and get back to me. Just because someone chooses to play a different way than you doesn't make either side the right side, just different sides.
And as far as battles being meant for full teams, you are showing your ignorance.
Here I will help you:
4. A number of persons associated together in any work; a gang; especially, a number of persons selected to contend on one side in a match, or a series of matches

FYI
Haha nice try. If u hav all bonuses a full team is 60/60. I don't see many teams in any sport showing up with 1 person or 4 people etc for a game. So in your example the number would be 60 persons or gang members because that is how Gree has battles set up.

cc thunder
01-24-2014, 10:17 PM

If it matches you against syns with around the same total attack, of course you'll be paired with other small teams. Unless your team is comprised of 4 or 5 tams, you're not going to have the same total attack of a syn with 40-60 members, therefore you won't be paired with them in battle. we have been matched in our first 8 battles (8:0 thanks much!) clearly according to syndicate ranking. at the end of every battle we have extremely close total IP for the war as compared with the team we just fought.

started my syndicate fresh, it has no prior history so we started at the bottom of the barrel so to speak. we have a 3 man team, each member has 500 K stats. combined attack 1.5 mil combined defence 1.5 mil. every member of my syndicate is under level 15. so far we have not had one team we have faced where there was not somebody we could hit. very small amount of gold expended so far, but as far as matchups go, my experience is entirely through ranking.

but as far as overall syndicate strength, only two or three of the matchups has that parameter been hit. some of the teams we have faced has to have a combined total of five or six million attack and defense

The Expendables
01-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Haha nice try. If u hav all bonuses a full team is 60/60. I don't see many teams in any sport showing up with 1 person or 4 people etc for a game. So in your example the number would be 60 persons or gang members because that is how Gree has battles set up.
Gree has a money mind. They want more of it and will try to take away every strategy we the players come up with to keep from giving them gold. With that said, teams can be any size. Historically the battles have always been matched up by total stats of the syndicate. I believe Gree is changing the rules to hurt streakers to end it for their bottom line. Just because streaking is not considered a "team" by some it is a strategy. A very good strategy, if I say so myself.

HavingFun
01-24-2014, 10:54 PM
Gree has a money mind. They want more of it and will try to take away every strategy we the players come up with to keep from giving them gold. With that said, teams can be any size. Historically the battles have always been matched up by total stats of the syndicate. I believe Gree is changing the rules to hurt streakers to end it for their bottom line. Just because streaking is not considered a "team" by some it is a strategy. A very good strategy, if I say so myself.
True about the gold and bottom line. I agree with you on that point.

Munch on it
01-24-2014, 11:14 PM
You only have to spend more gold then the people you are fighting, could be 25 gold or 2500 gold. If you can't then suck it up princess

HavingFun
01-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Only thing is I could care less about streaks and Oh how I do love to spend gold, prince. Try reading, it's actually a good thing.

RonaldPVincent
01-25-2014, 05:23 AM
Im guessing some of the more heavier rank teams didnt like peons managing to finish 50 wins and high streak totals without the need to dump a few vaults of gold to do it. Im aware gree like to reward thier cash cows to keep them happy and the coffers full. No worries gree... Well find a way around this latest round of appeasement

Green Drake
01-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Im guessing some of the more heavier rank teams didnt like peons managing to finish 50 wins and high streak totals without the need to dump a few vaults of gold to do it. Im aware gree like to reward thier cash cows to keep them happy and the coffers full. No worries gree... Well find a way around this latest round of appeasement

The perceived lost revenue from gold is the exact reason that gree changed the matching system. However I am guessing that gold sales are going to be drastically reduced this weekend vs. previous battles.

I am not even upset that they changed it. I am upset that it was changed without any notification. It makes it extremely difficult to formulate any strategy. At least one that does not involve vaults of gold. Streak teams made these battles relevant and honestly fun again for many players. The last minute of a battle was actually enjoyable. Now......not so much. It is now at the point where low to moderate gold spenders no longer want to participate in battles. Just not worth it.

The Expendables
01-25-2014, 06:41 AM
True about the gold and bottom line. I agree with you on that point.

Good, I am glad we could find some common ground. :) To bad it is on the greediness of our mutual drug dealer.

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
01-25-2014, 06:56 AM
syn size has a part in the match up but obviously there are a lot more parameters

i have my mini in a one man syn low level 2 mil a/d
got paired with carebear assassins a team of about 15 all I would assume if i remember them from previous wars with a/d higher than my mini

so that was 1 v 15 and 2mil vs minimum of 45mil combined stats

but im not complaining just how it happens, won my 8 other battles so far :)

RonaldPVincent
01-25-2014, 07:10 AM
@ green drake... Thats all im saying. Despite early accusations of ignorance to the contrary in this thread i get gree.
What i dont understand is pulling the rug out from underneath people. In previous wars id spend gold. Not 5 vaults like the top 10 but a fair amount so its not like you can streak for free. But now youre locked in and helpless unless id like to take advantage of gree super generous gold "sale". No thanks.

The Expendables
01-25-2014, 08:28 AM
I have been recording the points after each of the last 6 matchups. Every point total of matched up teams have been within 10% of each other except one it was within 23% but the match up took longer to find than the others. So it seems that Gree is using current rank and not stats to dictate match ups rather than stats. We just had 2 battles in a row with a one member team with around 1M stats. I feel horrible for them but at least feel a little better now that I see the pattern now.

The Expendables
01-25-2014, 08:34 AM
I have been recording the points after each of the last 6 matchups. Every point total of matched up teams have been within 10% of each other except one it was within 23% but the match up took longer to find than the others. So it seems that Gree is using current rank and not stats to dictate match ups rather than stats. We just had 2 battles in a row with a one member team with around 1M stats. I feel horrible for them but at least feel a little better now that I see the pattern now.
I didn't proofread. Don't judge me. :0)

Mil Mascaras
01-25-2014, 11:23 AM
Whatever parameters Greedy changed this time around in the matching system, it's going to cost them money, not make them money. My small streak synd has just the right balance that most of our opponents last 3 wars were overmatched by us and we used some gold to overcome the few streak busters that came along the way. Now, being totally overmatched on 90% of the battles these first 24 hours, we are too small to compete for rank, and are eliminated from any chance at the good streak prizes. So guess what, it's a no gold weekend. I'm sure there are other small synds who are finding themselves with nothing to fight for his weekend and thus just sitting on their gold. Oh yea, also, the prize for 50 wins sux so no incentive there either.

Good job Greediots.