PDA

View Full Version : A thought for designers and developers.

Jhenry02
01-24-2014, 10:48 AM
While we certainly enjoy the artwork in game. I am curious if we would sacrifice certain artwork for a proper timetable for the LE buildings. If we could use existing buildings in game for the LE's would anyone really be upset that they aren't original? This has been proposed by many others on the forum. But this could give developers and designers a small representation of what we think.

It would also save overhead for Gree and free up the artists to work on epic bosses, raid bosses, in game GUI, new little npcs.

Im just curious what everyone else thinks.

-J

Edit: I know I derped on punctuation in the poll. I usually despise polls and this was my first attempt.

Lift Ticket
01-24-2014, 12:55 PM
If by recycled images you are referring to those buildings from the map quests...I'm ok with that, there are some cool buildings in various maps that I would like to add to my base. I.e. Aerospace Network, pilot centrifuge and Intelligence HQ from the Space Command Center Map; Cold Fusion reactor, Ballistic silo or Hazardous Waste disposal from Nuclear Arsenal; the Sky Needle from Emerald City Port, or perhaps how about the Kebab Stand from the Bay of the Coast...so our troops have a place to eat on base?

If you mean re-releasing old LE's then "NO" as a veteran player, I take pride in the fact that I accomplished certain goals in the alloted time frame to achieve those buildings.

Jhenry02
01-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Yes I'm referring to the buildings from maps. I don't see an issue with using some of them, or that global satellite thing that's been in the game since I started but never released.

I too would be angry to see rerelased LE buildings; even though I have exactly 1 AC, no AMRs, and No AV's.

Luuzer
01-24-2014, 01:06 PM
so far the LE-s are from different maps and are already in the game (except anni and I think arctic rig). Even alexandria villa is from maps.

Inimical
01-24-2014, 01:07 PM
What map has the Amstel, Carcel de Cuba, the boot dryers, the arc de something?

Lift Ticket
01-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Yes I'm referring to the buildings from maps. I don't see an issue with using some of them, or that global satellite thing that's been in the game since I started but never released.

Ahh...The infamous Global Satellite Arrays...did you forget about Explosive Depots and Reinforced Bunkers (the last 2 were supposedly defensive buildings that were in the ingame files, but not released)

I don't belive they were...other than Anniversary Center and Arctic Mining Rigs, the LE's introduced have been from maps up until the Battle for Canada when the Absolute Towers were introduced, since then they all appear to be original.

Inimical
01-24-2014, 03:26 PM
I thought so lift ticket. That was a response to the fellow from a few posts ago.

Luuzer
01-24-2014, 03:29 PM

mad scientist is electric plant with new colors
alexandria villa is on international quarter, dictators compound, emir island, boardwalk and who knows where else
santa mara is on train station :D, capital prefecture and some other places
curragh is on financial district, capital prefecture
tatra is on capital prefecture, emerald city port
jinay is in insurgent village and couple of other maps

nice buildings I would like to have are:
city god temple on hu metropolis and wunyan city
sky needle in emerald city port
cold fusion reactor in nuclear arsenal and bomb bahia city and boardwalk <-- that is the coolest building ever and I want it!!!

yes, they have made some buildings that are not on maps (especially I like the towers, very nice building)...but there are cool buildings on maps that I would like to have, so I dont see why they have to make a new one when they have time table problems.

Boarder21
01-24-2014, 03:40 PM
If by recycled images you are referring to those buildings from the map quests...I'm ok with that, there are some cool buildings in various maps that I would like to add to my base. I.e. Aerospace Network, pilot centrifuge and Intelligence HQ from the Space Command Center Map; Cold Fusion reactor, Ballistic silo or Hazardous Waste disposal from Nuclear Arsenal; the Sky Needle from Emerald City Port, or perhaps how about the Kebab Stand from the Bay of the Coast...so our troops have a place to eat on base?

If you mean re-releasing old LE's then "NO" as a veteran player, I take pride in the fact that I accomplished certain goals in the alloted time frame to achieve those buildings.

I agree with this! There are some awesome looking buildings out there in the maps that I wouldnt mind having in my base as long as they don't cost 100 mil.

Inimical
01-24-2014, 06:23 PM
I think the gist of this thread is that if building release delays are due to artwork issues, we'd rather have buildings already in game.

buckshot
01-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Here's my two cents.....iOS users had a huge jump on android users and on top of that could build any building from the start. Iph has no effect on the bigger players whatsoever. It won't affect the bigger factions either. If anything it just gives them more to raid. Also in games like World of Warcraft, they allow new players triple the experience to lvl 50 to catch up to the others. Its makes for better competition which this game desperately needs. Just saying

Birmingham171
01-24-2014, 08:01 PM
I will pass on the x3 exp ty

honest Abe
01-24-2014, 08:02 PM
As long as they don't rerelease them. Those of us that remember working our arses off for anniversary centers have little enough benefit now. Lower wd pts, higher level etc.

Blade of 3
01-24-2014, 10:46 PM
There are some buildings on some maps that would be a sweet money building.

Kennetth
01-25-2014, 12:45 AM
I agree with this! There are some awesome looking buildings out there in the maps that I wouldnt mind having in my base as long as they don't cost 100 mil. The old LE buildings shouldn't be re-released, I get that. However I would like the chance to compete for a extra hard building once, one that would cost at least half a billion?

Angel (85ss)
01-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Here's my two cents.....iOS users had a huge jump on android users and on top of that could build any building from the start. Iph has no effect on the bigger players whatsoever. It won't affect the bigger factions either. If anything it just gives them more to raid. Also in games like World of Warcraft, they allow new players triple the experience to lvl 50 to catch up to the others. Its makes for better competition which this game desperately needs. Just saying

Lol no offense, but how can you compare WoW to MW? i do understand your point but still. Yes i know WoW gives a good start to beginners, but you have to understand that in MW its more effective to be low lvl with high stats then what it is in WoW, besides in WoW, you need to have at least one of your Character att 95, to be able to buy the heirloom (can't remember the actual name now) to be able to be strong at low lvl...

hoho
01-25-2014, 01:31 AM
re-using buildings from PvE maps will eventually run out of artwork and would need to make new ones.

how about keep building new ones, and if time is short use the one from PvE maps. Hopefully that helps with the schedule. at least once in a while there is fresh new look artwork.

RetiredAndHappy
01-25-2014, 05:05 AM
I may be completely wrong but the buildings on maps probably still need work before being available for your base. You can rotate and building before you place, therefore they would need to draw the other dimensions

CC1
01-25-2014, 05:32 AM
I don't mind a non-original design (i.e. from map). But not a re-release of a previous LE. I only got to the point that I could buy some LEs. So, there are a lot I see on other's bases that are cool and I'd love to have. But, that would diminish those that do have it as well as my own accomplishment. Please do not re-release previous LE buildings.

Emerald_
01-25-2014, 01:14 PM
I can only assume, but I would think the buildings on maps are already complete. And even if they are not, the ground work is already done so it would make it easier to tweak for the upcoming WD country they decide on.

whammo
01-25-2014, 02:39 PM
I agree with this! There are some awesome looking buildings out there in the maps that I wouldnt mind having in my base as long as they don't cost 100 mil.

I agree except I hope they cost FAR More than $100 million. The recent buildings have been so easy to attain that they may as well just install them for us on our base.

What happened to having a legitimate CHALLENGE? Buildings like the AC, AMR, and AV were difficult to buy... this was a GOOD thing. Buildings like these add VALUE to a profile due to their scarcity. At the time they were released, they cost upwards of TEN TIMES VAULT maximum, and that doesn't take into account Incomes that were a small fraction of what they are today.

Reinject some challenge into this game. Make buildings an ACHIEVEMENT again. Foster PVP play instead of continually removing it from the game. Make raiding relevant again instead of encouraging players to just lay around and collect enough from buildings they already own to purchase and upgrade new LE buildings.

Sick of the handouts... make me work for it and give me a CHANCE to set myself apart from those who expect everything to be easy.

Thanks.

/end rant

Alliance
01-25-2014, 05:37 PM
I agree except I hope they cost FAR More than $100 million. The recent buildings have been so easy to attain that they may as well just install them for us on our base.

What happened to having a legitimate CHALLENGE? Buildings like the AC, AMR, and AV were difficult to buy... this was a GOOD thing. Buildings like these add VALUE to a profile due to their scarcity. At the time they were released, they cost upwards of TEN TIMES VAULT maximum, and that doesn't take into account Incomes that were a small fraction of what they are today.

Reinject some challenge into this game. Make buildings an ACHIEVEMENT again. Foster PVP play instead of continually removing it from the game. Make raiding relevant again instead of encouraging players to just lay around and collect enough from buildings they already own to purchase and upgrade new LE buildings.

Sick of the handouts... make me work for it and give me a CHANCE to set myself apart from those who expect everything to be easy.

Thanks.

/end rant
Many of us would be interested in a less costly game, if you have money to spend and finish the le event and build stats, why are you concerned about the well being of other?

whammo
01-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Many of us would be interested in a less costly game, if you have money to spend and finish the le event and build stats, why are you concerned about the well being of other?

Who said anything about spending cash to finish? It's about forcing people to use EFFORT not their wallet.

It's simple math:

When the AC came out it cost 12 times the vault max and a REALLY good IPH was 1 million.

Now an average IPH is like 8 million... even a building that costs over 1 billion to buy would be easier to attain than the AC was, due to higher incomes.

The fact that most buildings that come out cost $50-75m... is stupid. Players don't even have to risk any cash over vault to obtain it. This means no PVP or raiding is needed. I make far more than that in a day, so I can collect 1 time from my buildings and then purchase the new LE. It really cheapens the reward of attaining the building.

I'm certainly not asking them to make anything cost more money... just stop making the LEs so ridiculously easy to achieve. Every other aspect of this game takes vaults upon vaults.

hollywood42069
01-26-2014, 08:07 AM
I recently sent gree a message saying they should bring all ltb's back for a month to give developers a chance to come up with new ideas and members a chance to build something they don't already have.

alzl
01-26-2014, 08:11 AM
I recently sent gree a message saying they should bring all ltb's back for a month to give developers a chance to come up with new ideas and members a chance to build something they don't already have.

You're not the first to come up with this idea. And knowing gree, they are not very good at listening to the players.

hollywood42069
01-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Who said anything about spending cash to finish? It's about forcing people to use EFFORT not their wallet.

It's simple math:

When the AC came out it cost 12 times the vault max and a REALLY good IPH was 1 million.

Now an average IPH is like 8 million... even a building that costs over 1 billion to buy would be easier to attain than the AC was, due to higher incomes.

The fact that most buildings that come out cost $50-75m... is stupid. Players don't even have to risk any cash over vault to obtain it. This means no PVP or raiding is needed. I make far more than that in a day, so I can collect 1 time from my buildings and then purchase the new LE. It really cheapens the reward of attaining the building.

I'm certainly not asking them to make anything cost more money... just stop making the LEs so ridiculously easy to achieve. Every other aspect of this game takes vaults upon vaults.

Gree isn't wrong for making the building achieviable. What about the new members shouldn't they get a chance at a good iph just like you. They make up for the cost In the upgrade price. Why should it cost so much that a lvl 15 player can't afford to buy it. Stop thinking about the big dogs and think about the little dogs once in a while.

hollywood42069
01-26-2014, 08:17 AM
You're not the first to come up with this idea. And knowing gree, they are not very good at listening to the players.

I know I'm not the first. All members of my faction did the same.

whammo
01-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Gree isn't wrong for making the building achieviable. What about the new members shouldn't they get a chance at a good iph just like you. They make up for the cost In the upgrade price. Why should it cost so much that a lvl 15 player can't afford to buy it. Stop thinking about the big dogs and think about the little dogs once in a while.

I was a little dog once, and I'm still not a big dog. I'm not a Lhasa Apso, but not yet (nor will I ever be) a Bull Mastiff. I'm more of a terrier, or cockerspaniel.

I achieved the current LE bldgs in the first cycle my profile existed. I'm not saying make every building super hard to get but the fact I could get one of the best IPH buildings in the game with a 100k IPH is kind of silly.

Throw in a tough one once in a while.

Inimical
01-26-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm a neutered chihuaha

Kennetth
01-26-2014, 06:40 PM

It's simple math:

Every other aspect of the game, you can achieve at least some of the goal without gold, why should LE be an elitist event? If you're a big player, you'll get a bigger stat increase from the units, but an LE should be attainable by close to an average player. I think that buildings should cost $70M-120M (ANI was a joke), but the challenge is the upgrade. On any LE building with a respectable cost, I've only hit lvl 2 (like Cuba). I'm sure you're getting far bigger units which is fine. But give most people the chance to make the entry into the event.

DTA-HOG
01-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Creating fresh pixels to add to the game is the easy part. Now implementing them is a whole different beast. My guess is that there are so many different coders that have entered data into this game, that every time a hole is plugged, 10 more are holes created. Only someone on the beta team with cohones could let us know the real reason for the setback. If you recall last month, the Cuba building was late as well if I'm not mistaken.

Something else that is on my mind is that CJ told us there was indeed going to be an Epic Boss this campaign. I have yet to see anything updated on that matter, and I can't even recall a mod responding in here for over a week. Maybe there is some Japanese Holiday going on and San Fran got the week off too.

A simple explanation would be nice CJ....

Kennetth
01-26-2014, 11:21 PM
There are two limited time missions in a row right before WD, my guess is that epic boss should be in the LTQ slot before WD, but the way Gree is running right now, who knows.

sister morphine
01-27-2014, 12:52 AM
yes, they have made some buildings that are not on maps (especially I like the towers, very nice building)...but there are cool buildings on maps that I would like to have, so I dont see why they have to make a new one when they have time table problems.
Yes indeed. I was surprised to discover that's a real building; Absolute Towers in Mississauga, near Toronto. :)

Mcdoc
01-27-2014, 02:37 AM
If by recycled images you are referring to those buildings from the map quests...I'm ok with that, there are some cool buildings in various maps that I would like to add to my base.

I.e. Aerospace Network, pilot centrifuge and Intelligence HQ from the Space Command Center Map; Cold Fusion reactor, Ballistic silo or Hazardous Waste disposal from Nuclear Arsenal; the Sky Needle from Emerald City Port, or perhaps how about the Kebab Stand from the Bay of the Coast...so our troops have a place to eat on base?

My thoughts exactly :)

CDR Triple-Blade
01-27-2014, 07:11 PM

Bring in the Aerospace Network for the WD "Mission to Moon." That would be funnier then the country theme.

Big she'd
01-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Maybe the floating fortress from the pirate bay , that would be a great sea based lte