PDA

View Full Version : New stuff!

Pages : [1] 2

Assault and Flattery
01-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Hey guys,

Here are some new things coming out:

New rival list logic!

The rival list will be populated based primarily on relative strength, but also takes level,IPH,mafia size, and a few other factors into account.

Defense buildings will be improved!

Remember those things? We will soon be scaling them better to match the rise in relative stats that has happened over the past year.

New Scratcher prizes!

We're working on rolling out some new fancy items to scratch at!

Also, if you weren't already in the know, we released expansion levels 31-40 with goals last week. That means your hood can be even bigger!

Please note: Not all of these (with the exception of the expansions) are out yet, but they are all confirmed and will be added to the game!

CCKallDAY
01-23-2014, 03:46 PM
This is great! Thanks for the update.

Edit: How will the defense buildings work? Will they be given their true defense listed? Or will there be new buildings?

sister morphine
01-23-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm delighted to hear that defence buildings will be made worthwhile; given the wholesale changes in the way the game is now that's long overdue.

Will wait and see how the rivals changes. If the iph factor means the low iph parasites largely disappear from my news, then great. Make them work for it like the old hands had to! ;)

And thank you for posting the news.

RuckusX
01-23-2014, 03:58 PM
All good except for the rivals list "logic".

So, what you're saying with this new rivals list is... No more PvP. Because if you did bring it back, how in the hell are players going to attack people on their rivals list if strength is matched?!

I love tacos
01-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Great news. Plz don't release this massive update before/during battle.

Muj
01-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Thank you :)

Green Drake
01-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Updating defensive buildings? Can you clarify what this entails. If it is increasing the stats drastically on existing buildings this would be extremely unfair. Common knowledge that defensive buildings have served little purpose over the past year+. Many older accounts have deleted obsolete buildings to make room for $ buildings. Most new accounts don't even place them. A huge stat inflation on the existing buildings would render many players strategies useless. And with the limited buildings always going we would never have the opportunity to build or upgrade them.
Introduce new defensive buildings if you have to but the existing ones should remain the same.

I will never understand why players in a game predicated on crime get so bent out if shape when they get robbed. And yes I have been on both asides of the iph fence.

Guisseppe17
01-23-2014, 04:10 PM
HALLELUJAH!

Any idea when the new scratchers are going to be released?

Blowin Smoke
01-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Taking IPH into account is the most horrible, most terrible thing you guys could do to this game. And implementing that will only cause me to not play this game nearly as much as I do. I know most will disagree but I'm not happy with this one bit.

Pointless
01-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Cool. I was just improving my IPH...

Gir
01-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info A&F!

evillance123
01-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks A&F!

Jerle
01-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Great news. Plz don't release this massive update before/during battle.

Monday post-battle would be the earliest we'd look at rolling further changes out.

Jk2
01-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Thank you! This is great news!

I love tacos
01-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Monday post-battle would be the earliest we'd look at rolling further changes out.Thank you Jerle ✌️

Blowin Smoke
01-23-2014, 04:35 PM
You do realize that implementing the IPH while pairings rivals will take so much fun out of the game and cause the majority of players to be unhappy?

ploop
01-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks GREE!

tfletcher20
01-23-2014, 04:47 PM
To: gree

Thank you for all this communication. Please continue this.
Is the rival list similar to what was recently changed? Level expansions?

Better communication+smooth battle this weekend(server)=buying gold

The Expendables
01-23-2014, 04:50 PM
How many people will be deleting or have already deleted all their buildings? Gonna mess everything up. Way to go!!

Blowin Smoke
01-23-2014, 04:53 PM
How many people will be deleting or have already deleted all their buildings? Gonna mess everything up. Way to go!!
I've already deleted my buildings. With 0IPH, how many Laundromats will I have to rob to be able to afford a nightclub once again.

djonny88
01-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Great job, but I don't like the rival list on iph how can I rob bigger players now to get my money for the ltb

ploop
01-23-2014, 05:07 PM
I've already deleted my buildings. With 0IPH, how many Laundromats will I have to rob to be able to afford a nightclub once again.

So get them back.

Jerle
01-23-2014, 05:11 PM
These are some valid concerns, but IPH is just one variable out of many, and is in fact one of the smallest weights in the algorithm currently. We're not looking to make robbing impossible - that would defeat the purpose. Half of the fun is occasionally striking it rich when you find someone to plunder with a lot of money.

Blowin Smoke
01-23-2014, 05:15 PM
These are some valid concerns, but IPH is just one variable out of many, and is in fact one of the smallest weights in the algorithm currently. We're not looking to make robbing impossible - that would defeat the purpose. Half of the fun is occasionally striking it rich when you find someone to plunder with a lot of money.
I love playing crime city, and I hope this is true. Thank you for the input.

CJ54
01-23-2014, 05:16 PM
We're not looking to make robbing impossible - that would defeat the purpose. Half of the fun is occasionally striking it rich when you find someone to plunder with a lot of money.

Definitely this.

Wolverine Eater
01-23-2014, 05:22 PM
What about increasing max player level? This is long overdue!

Green Drake
01-23-2014, 05:29 PM

Happy to see representatives from the company reinforce that robbing is definitely a valid part of the game. I have long suspected that the variable collection times on new buildings purposefully tried to encourage robbing. Too many players think building their iph is the sole purpose of this game.

Marine007
01-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Do or will def buildings show on your def stats?

sam0621
01-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Def on my old account gonna shoot through the roof.

CJ54
01-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Happy to see representatives from the company reinforce that robbing is definitely a valid part of the game. I have long suspected that the variable collection times on new buildings purposefully tried to encourage robbing. Too many players think building their iph is the sole purpose of this game.

If we thought that people shouldn't rob each other in the game, there wouldn't be a big button in the game that says "rob". We also respect that hood building and collecting huge amounts of cash are also part of the game, but so is robbing.

Kitty McPurr
01-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Way to go! Seems you guys at Gree have listened to some concerns and decided to make some changes. Thank You. I am enjoying the new space in my Hood already! If you sold all you defense buildings...though for you, buy them back. If you sold your whole hood, why are you still playing? Not super keen on the rivals list changing, but I guess the goal has always been to be stronger than your enemies, that is after all why we keep doing events right?

RuckusX
01-23-2014, 06:20 PM
I agree, robbery is fun. What about attacking other players? This algorithm will severely reduce the abilty to attack other players successfully. Attacking is necessary, we aquire bricks through this process. PvP events depend on this.

Jerle, CJ, A&F, or Crazynerdygirl ,Please acknowledge my question. Thank you.

Marine007
01-23-2014, 06:21 PM
If you guys are changing the rivals list, are you taking away harcore hitman and thug life goals?

beerman3828
01-23-2014, 06:27 PM
Updating defensive buildings? Can you clarify what this entails. If it is increasing the stats drastically on existing buildings this would be extremely unfair. Common knowledge that defensive buildings have served little purpose over the past year+. Many older accounts have deleted obsolete buildings to make room for $ buildings. Most new accounts don't even place them. A huge stat inflation on the existing buildings would render many players strategies useless. And with the limited buildings always going we would never have the opportunity to build or upgrade them.
Introduce new defensive buildings if you have to but the existing ones should remain the same.

I will never understand why players in a game predicated on crime get so bent out if shape when they get robbed. And yes I have been on both asides of the iph fence.

I disagree. When I was green and new to the game I built defense buildings like mad. Now, I've sold off a ton of them but still have quite a few and it would be nice to be rewarded for the time and money spent on building and upgrading them. It has always been a part of the game so those who didn't build them should just lose out.

offline04
01-23-2014, 06:42 PM
As I stated in the battle thread already, I like very much the information flow beforehand an event. Let's see whiter that will be the way to go from now on.

To the updates which were mentioned in the first post - I look pretty much forward to them and let you guys surprise me.

CJ54
01-23-2014, 06:54 PM
I agree, robbery is fun. What about attacking other players? This algorithm will severely reduce the abilty to attack other players successfully. Attacking is necessary, we aquire bricks through this process. PvP events depend on this.

Jerle, CJ, A&F, or Crazynerdygirl ,Please acknowledge my question. Thank you.

If by successfully you mean "easily beating the tar out of vastly weaker people because one has been intentionally staying in the lowest possible power bracket for a long time" then yes, it is going to make that somewhat harder (but not eliminate it). We do understand that has been an optimal strategy for a long time, but it isn't good for the game and it isn't good to have optimal strategies than are not potentially possible for some people. This change is not going to impact the ability to rob/attack others, although we will be keeping a very careful eye on this to make sure of that.

Green Drake
01-23-2014, 07:11 PM
I disagree. When I was green and new to the game I built defense buildings like mad. Now, I've sold off a ton of them but still have quite a few and it would be nice to be rewarded for the time and money spent on building and upgrading them. It has always been a part of the game so those who didn't build them should just lose out.

Increasing stats on existing buildings and making those stats somehow relevant after years of being meaningless fundamentally changes the game. The majority of players have either sold them or already knew they were irrelevant. My game strategy has been based on these buildings having little to zero impact on the game and to suddenly increase the meaning of existing buildings does not strike me as fair. As I said introduce new buildings with increased stats if you want to make them relevant.

fuzzy
01-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Why not make Uzi drop during robberies and attacks ?

Travers
01-23-2014, 07:22 PM
For the weaker low IPH players that is fine if they can see us higher stat IPH players, but please remove people with extremely lower stats and IPH out of our viewing, makes it much harder to find a good target without spending hours searching

murf
01-23-2014, 07:37 PM
If the rivals list is primarily based on stats, what is the point of increasing your stats? How can you ever get relatively stronger vs your rivals?

murf
01-23-2014, 07:38 PM
You do realize that implementing the IPH while pairings rivals will take so much fun out of the game and cause the majority of players to be unhappy?

READ: I'm a leech and depend on the work of others to help me fund any cash purchases I need (LTBs, syn donations, etc).

Beamer 420
01-23-2014, 07:47 PM
READ: I'm a leech and depend on the work of others to help me fund any cash purchases I need (LTBs, syn donations, etc). Kuddos murf. Kuddos! My sentiment exactly

Zendfrim
01-23-2014, 08:21 PM
READ: I'm a leech and depend on the work of others to help me fund any cash purchases I need (LTBs, syn donations, etc).murf, continue to be awesome. This patch is going to be just for leaches and allow them to run amok again. Guess it'll be quitting time for all of those of us who actually built a decent hood that doesn't resemble a slum in a third world. Was fun while it wasn't ruined!

TooFlyRobbie
01-23-2014, 08:32 PM
If we thought that people shouldn't rob each other in the game, there wouldn't be a big button in the game that says "rob". We also respect that hood building and collecting huge amounts of cash are also part of the game, but so is robbing.

Hello, is it possible you can give us percentages on what the new rival list will be based on. Something like - IPH 30%, Mafia size 20%, Level 50% - for example.

So we can end with this discussion and assumptions and decide whether or not the majority (in the sense that players in forum tend to want to know more about the game mechanics therefore they have a better view of how the game should be than that of the new players that aren't on here) will accept it as a fun thing. Thanks

Edit: Thanks for the info and the change attempts to make it more fun.

Green Drake
01-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Luckily you do not get to dictate where myself or others find enjoyment in a game. If you are going to quit do so because you see building your almighty iph as work. That is the point where you should have realized games were meant for enjoyment. Now if you enjoy building iph and that is fun for you keep at it but don't be so arrogant to believe that is the correct way to enjoy the game. It is your way not mine. Looking around at the iph of my peers I believe you are in the minority.

dribblin todger
01-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Absolutely unbelieveable, gree. So we are going to return to the rivals list clusterfk that you guys undid. You're actually going to ruin the game for anyone with decent income. I hope folks enjoy robbing for tens of dollars because poor folks will be all that's left.You. Spoken like someone with a worthless pathetic ghetto for a hood. Robbing is part of the game until it makes the game unfun. If someone can't protect their income and make a great hood, then robbing has no point. Attacking will be useless too, if this game-ruining change goes through yet again.

Good job ruining your game gree. Guess I've been here too long.

Obviously someone who does not understand the crux of the game, the clue is in the title, "CRIME" there are more clues in your stats, "Attack + Defence, Robberies, Won and Lost" as well as IPH.

All these changes must be giving you sleepless nights, go and plant some pretty pink trees in your hood, give the trailer trash from the ghetto's something nice to look at while they are tipping your buildings..

Zendfrim
01-23-2014, 09:12 PM
I sleep just fine, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. The leaches will all speak up as you two have. Pathetic simpletons who mooch. It's one thing to go "tipping buildings," but when your pathetic third world hood isn't at the same level as who you're robbing, that makes the game unfair and therefore not playable. Enjoy your time leaches. Soon the game won't be fun for you either, lousy ghettos abound.

Self reliance being viewed as a fault...

RuckusX
01-23-2014, 09:47 PM
I sleep just fine, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. The leaches will all speak up as you two have. Pathetic simpletons who mooch. It's one thing to go "tipping buildings," but when your pathetic third world hood isn't at the same level as who you're robbing, that makes the game unfair and therefore not playable. Enjoy your time leaches. Soon the game won't be fun for you either, lousy ghettos abound.

Self reliance being viewed as a fault...

I can't wait to find you in my rivals list, oh what a glorious day it will be!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Robbing is definitely part of the game as is attacking.

Building a hood with good IPH is definitely part of the game.

Just thinking this conundrum through. I suppose we need a balance between good IPH (one part of the game) and good attacking (the other part). Not more one than the other or we will end up with either all great IPH and low attacks OR heaps of attacks and low IPH in CC. We need the balance.

FOR THOSE THAT LIKE TO ROB ETC

Those that have a 'bent' on the robbing/attacking side need to be looked after properly.

Of those with low IPH/hoods, they need to be encouraged to grow both parts of the game.

FOR THE IPH GUYS
IPH is part of the game and needs to be encouraged still.

For those IPH guys that have low A&D for their level, they need to be encouraged to grow.

Here's a solution (LOL)
Why don't you place the low IPH Guys with a bent for robbing together. They can attack each other as much as they like. It should be fun for all of them. If they want to find better IPH, then improve your own IPH to bring yourself up to the next level for even more fun and greater rewards.

Those with high IPH and low A&D. Place them in a group with similar IPH and higher A&D. They can then be encouraged to build their A&D because they would be something well worth while in attacking back. Build your A&D for even more fun and greater reward from the game. They would be happy too.

Here's a crazy idea. Just leave everyone according to levels. then you'll need to be strong for your level wouldn't you? Nah, that's too simple. Let's really make it complicated so we can tweaks stuff. We like tweaking stuff, it keeps us employed, heck if the place ran smoothly some might be out of a job.

RealTeflonDon
01-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Thank you A&F for posting this info!

For everyone criticizing the proposed changes and asking for more details-

As a player I understand the urge to want to know more and critique these types of things. However, its important to realize that all the details aren't ironed out yet so, providing specifics is a big no no when communicating with the players.

Also, those who are criticizing over the proposed rival list changes. You should realize that they tried out a new rival list setup and the players found it unfavorable- so GREE reverted it. Understand that GREE learned from that and are unlikely to reimplement it as they initially did.. This will be different.

coolbala
01-23-2014, 10:45 PM
I Love the changes....This Morning i got New Data Push...Is those changes are implemented in that Push?????

eNtroX
01-23-2014, 10:46 PM
its getting exciting again..thx for the great news..

RealTeflonDon
01-23-2014, 10:48 PM
A mod said that the earliest these changes would come is after this weekend's war. I'd find the quote but it's late.

Zendfrim
01-23-2014, 10:57 PM
I can't wait to find you in my rivals list, oh what a glorious day it will be!By the time you get anywhere near, I will have made sure there is nothing for you to get, pathetic leach. Glorious day indeed. You'll give me a link, and I'll show you some good hypocrisy on my part.

The Night Prowler
01-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks A&F. Cool info

hexie
01-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Thanks mods/devs for the info and adding some new life to the game. I have some questions, too:

How will defense buildings stay relevant long-term as stats increase? Will the def value be bumped periodically inline with items or will you switch to dynamic values eg x% of attacker's Attack stat?

Given I have read several time now that you guys find camping unintuitive and game unbalancing, will player level be made meaningful if not worthwhile? Could you perhaps multiply base stats/building defense/IPH by level or a portion of it? if not can it be factored further into the "randomness" element of fights?

Cheers

CJ54
01-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Thanks mods/devs for the info and adding some new life to the game. I have some questions, too:

How will defense buildings stay relevant long-term as stats increase? Will the def value be bumped periodically inline with items or will you switch to dynamic values eg x% of attacker's Attack stat?

Given I have read several time now that you guys find camping unintuitive and game unbalancing, will player level be made meaningful if not worthwhile? Could you perhaps multiply base stats/building defense/IPH by level or a portion of it? if not can it be factored further into the "randomness" element of fights?

Cheers

My understanding is that we're tweaking them to scale better staticwise, but I don't know the numbers yet. We may need to play around and test it out a bit, which means the initial change might be more conservative than some people are hoping for (the reason for that conservativeness, in general, is that it is always easier to bump something up than take it away after it has already been around).

Higher level causing some things to scale is not a bad idea, although it probably wouldn't be applied to stats (money or gains from actions, more likely).

hexie
01-24-2014, 12:34 AM
My understanding is that we're tweaking them to scale better staticwise...

Sounds good. Thank you for the detailed reply :)

OneHoop
01-24-2014, 12:36 AM
The previous rivals list experiment was an abject failure. One of the test subjects who robbed me had sold all of his buildings to guard himself against retaliation. That is the face of the game to come??? Not an improvement!

M@

01-24-2014, 01:00 AM
READ: I'm a leech and depend on the work of others to help me fund any cash purchases I need (LTBs, syn donations, etc).

That is clearly the case with many players. Im in the 100-150 level bracket with R100 stats and I NEVER find anyone with iph hoods to rob.

its gotten to the point that many of the higher IPH guys I know were planning on selling their hoods because they didn't have anyway to return the favor.

it was almost to the point where higher IPH was bad (like leveling). now at least the rivals list will be somewhat peer driven, then it becomes a matter of making your timers

RuckusX
01-24-2014, 01:35 AM
I Love the changes....This Morning i got New Data Push...Is those changes are implemented in that Push?????
Sorry they are not, I looked for them. My second guess found that they had removed the NPCs from Stanfa family, ect.

KlitschkO
01-24-2014, 03:17 AM
I think that list of rivals is based on IPH is baddest new thing...if i have a low IPH i can't see rivals with bigger IPH? is a ****...robbing is fun and is a part from this game...that is robbing to can robe other rivals with big income and if u win u use that money for your syn or to upgrade buildings or buy...I DISLIKE THAT LIST ARE BASED ON IPH!!!

HTCBC
01-24-2014, 03:48 AM

That would be just tough. If people have taken the time to already build them good for them. If you didn't that was up to you. things change and people plan for changes. people will lose out yes but with all the space in the hoods I have seen they could have always built them.

Blowin Smoke
01-24-2014, 04:15 AM
The rivals list has already had some changes yesterday. I used to be able to see 3 levels up, and 3 levels down. Now I can only see my level, and one level under. I wonder if any algorithms were changed.

Purple thong
01-24-2014, 04:24 AM
What about when we lose attacks/robberies to people 500k-1m def lower than our attack? Why is this happening? I understand if it's a 10k difference, but losing to someone 1m lower than us is not really fair.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-24-2014, 04:28 AM

LOL, it hasn't changed yet!

Osobuko
01-24-2014, 04:52 AM
Thank you very much.

The Night Prowler
01-24-2014, 05:05 AM
The rivals list has already had some changes yesterday. I used to be able to see 3 levels up, and 3 levels down. Now I can only see my level, and one level under. I wonder if any algorithms were changed.

I'm the same now I will have to level up again so I can rob Casino's

Nighteg
01-24-2014, 05:13 AM
Thx. I have 2 questions to CJ:

1) you've already tested the new rivals list a month ago, and it was a complete and utter disaster (20+ pages of complaints). Why would you do that again? The rivals list by lvls was one of the few unbroken things in this game.

2) Can you please do something about the wars IP algorithm? The higher your lvl, the less points you gain! The closer I am to 250, the more likely ill get 200+ points per hit (when i was 190 i used to get 500+ per hit). Can you change it to the PVP formula? (atk/def seems much more fair).

CCKallDAY
01-24-2014, 05:36 AM
I think that list of rivals is based on IPH is baddest new thing...if i have a low IPH i can't see rivals with bigger IPH? is a ****...robbing is fun and is a part from this game...that is robbing to can robe other rivals with big income and if u win u use that money for your syn or to upgrade buildings or buy...I DISLIKE THAT LIST ARE BASED ON IPH!!!Another leach.

dragon001
01-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Booooo. Populated based on relative strength! That for those who understand gree speak means the loser hood crowd are going to get a free ride yet again! Ogr will be happy. Sounds like another give away to the poor unbalanced players.

varman
01-24-2014, 06:06 AM
Hahaha in your face everyone without money buildings on your hood

Sammo the Kid
01-24-2014, 06:09 AM
That is clearly the case with many players. Im in the 100-150 level bracket with R100 stats and I NEVER find anyone with iph hoods to rob.

its gotten to the point that many of the higher IPH guys I know were planning on selling their hoods because they didn't have anyway to return the favor.

it was almost to the point where higher IPH was bad (like leveling). now at least the rivals list will be somewhat peer driven, then it becomes a matter of making your timers

I'm in the mid-100's and I don't even bother robbing anymore. Too many ghettos, too many leeches.

My stats are decent and I collect on time most of the time but my favorite (sarcasm) is when I finally do get robbed and return to the guy's hood to find that it's all empty. Cowards.

Sammo the Kid
01-24-2014, 06:10 AM
I think that list of rivals is based on IPH is baddest new thing...if i have a low IPH i can't see rivals with bigger IPH? is a ****...robbing is fun and is a part from this game...that is robbing to can robe other rivals with big income and if u win u use that money for your syn or to upgrade buildings or buy...I DISLIKE THAT LIST ARE BASED ON IPH!!!

Then grow your IPH, slumlord..

Blowin Smoke
01-24-2014, 06:16 AM
It's funny how the people with high IPH's flame the people with lower IPH's, why so serious guys.

KlitschkO
01-24-2014, 06:17 AM
CCKALDAY what mean " leach " ? sorry but i don't find this thing in dictionary...i m not from us or england. that is only my opinion..is sad to visit rivals only with low IPH..in that case if u have a low IPH..this is the solution to construct a big IPH..rob rivals and use money to upgrade limited buildings and other good buildings from shop.

KlitschkO
01-24-2014, 06:23 AM
Yeahh is only a game...here is the fun of game..i don't use gold in this game,but i m very active and is hard to upgrade without gold..need alot of time:/ rob players because now i can not count on my IPH..everytime in my hood i upgrade a building..i repeat again..is very hard without gold..need alot of time:((

Blowin Smoke
01-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Also just wanted to add....most of the players with high IPH's that I rob, cannot touch me because my stats are pretty good.

So ^^^this makes all of your arguments invalid so stop the flaming.

The Toe
01-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Thanks A&F, I'll wait to see how things play out before I start screaming and yelling, since I am sure you have already taken into account the last experiment in Rival list, the same concerns we had before will be addressed, and if we still don't like it AFTER we have seen what it is, you have also shown a willingness to make changes from our input. So, I'm gonna sit back and see what we get when we get it, but thanks for the heads up on what to keep an eye out for!

hunter_angie
01-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Booooo. Populated based on relative strength! That for those who understand gree speak means the loser hood crowd are going to get a free ride yet again! Ogr will be happy. Sounds like another give away to the poor unbalanced players.

I couldn't agree with you more on the loser hood crowd Drags. !! Although excited to see new items on the Scratchers. Another Viking Blade or Ballistic Vest I can do without. Too bad we couldn't trade in some of that crap received on a
daily basis. Not to mention the millions of respect coins we've all collected and can't use

dribblin todger
01-24-2014, 07:01 AM
Its simple.. you have an IPH and want to protect your stuff... then instead of focusing solely on the "ingame greenbacks" sort out your defence.

sister morphine
01-24-2014, 07:14 AM
It's funny how the people with high IPH's flame the people with lower IPH's, why so serious guys.
Why? Because they're parasites is why.

Are you in a syndicate with full bonuses? Who do you think paid for them; clue: it certainly wasn't the ghetto hood crowd.

Don't get me wrong. Robbing is part of the game, and I have no problem with that. Where I do have a problem is with the leeches who come back over and over every day (sometimes two, three or four times a day) for weeks on end.

The people on the receiving end aren't some animated game element that doesn't care how long you farm it. They're other human beings. A game is supposed to be fun, but it's not when you're getting constant visits like that.

TooFlyRobbie
01-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Hello, is it possible you can give us percentages on what the new rival list will be based on. Something like - IPH 30%, Mafia size 20%, Level 50% - for example.

So we can end with this discussion and assumptions and decide whether or not the majority (in the sense that players in forum tend to want to know more about the game mechanics therefore they have a better view of how the game should be than that of the new players that aren't on here) will accept it as a fun thing. Thanks

Edit: Thanks for the info and the change attempts to make it more fun.

Got lost, but this info will be helpful. Please mods

is1j
01-24-2014, 07:26 AM
I think that change to the rob logic is a terrible idea. The strategy used to be to build your strength to protect your IPH. But with this new algorythm it makes no sense since you will get robbed with the same frequency regardless of your strength. Really bad idea!

Blowin Smoke
01-24-2014, 08:17 AM

Are you in a syndicate with full bonuses? Who do you think paid for them; clue: it certainly wasn't the ghetto hood crowd.

Don't get me wrong. Robbing is part of the game, and I have no problem with that. Where I do have a problem is with the leeches who come back over and over every day (sometimes two, three or four times a day) for weeks on end.

The people on the receiving end aren't some animated game element that doesn't care how long you farm it. They're other human beings. A game is supposed to be fun, but it's not when you're getting constant visits like that.
I'm actually in a syndicate without full bonuses. I've been on both sides of the IPH fence, I've been leeched off of, and I've leeched other players.

When I get leeched, I wait, and attack them whn they have on hand cash. When I rob someone, I don't bank the money out of courtesy.

But as I said in previous posts, I have decent stats and the majority of the players I rob don't have the stats to touch me back regardless of my IPH. Because of that most of the arguments here are invalid.

Also because I leave a lot of cash on hand, players with high IPH tend to attack me, now they're in my newsfeed. My newsfeed is a goldmine. If you attack me to take my money, don't get upset if I rob your ltbs and club multiple times a day for multiple days in a row.

That's just how I do ;)

Green Drake
01-24-2014, 08:25 AM

Are you in a syndicate with full bonuses? Who do you think paid for them; clue: it certainly wasn't the ghetto hoods

Here I will disagree with you. I am in syndicate with full bonuses and I am sure you would consider my current hood to be ghetto. However I produce as much income for my syndicate as our top iph account who has income north of 20 mill.

Smokes
01-24-2014, 08:31 AM
I think all the things going into the algorithm are important. If anything, I think iph should be weighted more heavily than it sounds like it is. There is nothing worse than losing millions to someone with 20% lower stats and 200k iph. Level is important as well, as the goal should be to be as strong as you can, for your level.

The one thing I'm not hearing discussed is how players with MUCH lower A/D stats can win more battles than they lose. This needs to be changed as well. I understand there should be an element of chance built into the algorithm, but it just seems to have gotten out of hand.

sister morphine
01-24-2014, 10:21 AM
I think all the things going into the algorithm are important. If anything, I think iph should be weighted more heavily than it sounds like it is. There is nothing worse than losing millions to someone with 20% lower stats and 200k iph. Level is important as well, as the goal should be to be as strong as you can, for your level.

The one thing I'm not hearing discussed is how players with MUCH lower A/D stats can win more battles than they lose. This needs to be changed as well. I understand there should be an element of chance built into the algorithm, but it just seems to have gotten out of hand.
It's always been the case that players could rob others with D up to double their attack stat. Stat inflation has made that seem more extreme than used to be.

Against robberies the defenders mafia defence is halved. It's possible that needs to be altered to maybe a 25% reduction? One more for the devs to talk over.

AZZ.
01-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Please do not change the RL. It is good now!

sister morphine
01-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Here I will disagree with you. I am in syndicate with full bonuses and I am sure you would consider my current hood to be ghetto. However I produce as much income for my syndicate as our top iph account who has income north of 20 mill.
I'm sure you would be an exception to the rule ;) does depend how much of his income your 20 mil player gives too; when I was a member of SAS at the start of all this we all gave 100% of our income for something like 2-3 months to buy the bonuses before Midtown.

tb52
01-24-2014, 12:58 PM
I'll suspend my final judgment until I see the changes in action. However, I am glad that the developers are working to improve the game, instead of just leaving it to die a slow death (like other games I've played).

Sherod
01-24-2014, 01:28 PM
I like the new idea especially the iph part,fair is fair.those with low Iph now have the privilage of growing a descent hood like the rest of us had to do,they also will have the privilage of robbing other rivals with slums just like we had to as well:D.

Sherod
01-24-2014, 01:47 PM
For the record I have no problem with being robbed,but it does get annoying to have your news feed lit up like a Xmas tree by someone who has no buildings in the hood they own and having your worthy rivals with equal Iph pushed out of your news feed.

cc thunder
01-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Dude why the heck can't you guys just leave the rivals list alone? you make it pointless to be strong on your level the way you guys keep messing with it. it's the one thing that you guys don't screw up every time when it was the way it was back in the day, stop messing with it

CrazyNerdyGirl
01-24-2014, 02:22 PM

The IPH is a small factor in finding rivals, but what it means is you will be more likely to be pared with someone with closer IPH instead of someone with vastly lower IPH.

AZZ.
01-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Boo that's not cool

Sherod
01-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Will there be any changes on skill points spent on attack or defense?

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-24-2014, 02:40 PM
So long as the changes encourage balance in the game.

The balance I am talking about is encouraging good stats and good IPH. Not one without the other.

For those under L100, strong for level must be a factor considered.

I'm still not sure what was so wrong with strength for your level, but willing to see how this change goes for a bit given what CNG (Admin) mentioned in post #95.

It seems like it might attempt to encourage both facets of the game. Power AND IPH.

xprimntlxp
01-24-2014, 03:04 PM
The IPH is a small factor in finding rivals, but what it means is you will be more likely to be pared with someone with closer IPH instead of someone with vastly lower IPH.

That is cool. I don't have a massive iph but it's okay. People who rob me with iph that is 1/2 to 1/3 of mine continue to rob me repeatedly and I don't rob them back because there really is nothing to rob from them. All it would do is give those fleas access to my hood via news feed. I like the idea.

My2cents
01-24-2014, 03:43 PM
I'd imagine iph is going to be a very small factor the higher it goes because those north of $10M are harder to find. I found a post of mine from exactly one year ago with iph as $750K...now it's $15.2M. Yup, I don't like it when I get hit, but unlike my kids when they blame others for their own mistake I can actually own up to it as being my fault for not collecting on time

cc thunder
01-24-2014, 03:55 PM
if you are constantly robbed by people with better stats but low income it's probably because you are not good at the game, people rush through the levels and don't bother to try and build strength and focus and instead on getting off to a higher level which is ridiculous. this rivals list will penalize those who play the game intelligently, for those don't level up as quickly as part of the strategy it just negates every bit of work that is being done

Mills2382
01-24-2014, 05:51 PM
I've seen a few mentions in this thread about ghetto hoods & people being slumlords. Just curious to know what you guys consider to be a ghetto hood vs. a good hood.

Just low lvl buildings, no buildings, etc? Or bc certain hoods aren't visually appealing?

Not try to troll at all, legitimately curious about this.

krimesity
01-24-2014, 08:27 PM

I've robbed over half a billion from the same person over the last week, checking their hood once an hour for every hour I'm awake. Umadbro?

sister morphine
01-24-2014, 10:53 PM
I've robbed over half a billion from the same person over the last week, checking their hood once an hour for every hour I'm awake. Umadbro?
Congrats on having nothing to do in life except tap rivals list.

tom73
01-25-2014, 03:12 AM
Taking IPH into account is the most horrible, most terrible thing you guys could do to this game. And implementing that will only cause me to not play this game nearly as much as I do. I know most will disagree but I'm not happy with this one bit. said a guy with terrible iph

tom73
01-25-2014, 03:27 AM
The IPH is a small factor in finding rivals, but what it means is you will be more likely to be pared with someone with closer IPH instead of someone with vastly lower IPH. I applaud this.

sister morphine
01-25-2014, 04:27 AM
I applaud this.
Me too. Will wait to see what it means in practice though, as the closest I've seen have been around 60% of mine, and from 5% to just above 20% are far more the norm. :p

krimesity
01-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Congrats on having nothing to do in life except tap rivals list.

Yes, because making it a goal to save up money and taking less than a minute each hour to work at it means I have nothing to do in life. :rolleyes:

DonZitr0 Da Boss II
01-25-2014, 10:04 AM
Nice! Can't wait

reticlover
01-25-2014, 10:53 AM
mods, would it be possible to have players that have been inactive in game fore more than 30 days removed from rival list?

therealbengie
01-25-2014, 11:17 AM

congrats leech, great to hear you have a life.

also 500mil isn't worth bragging about, my iph is middle of the road at just under 10mil and along with light robs can easily make 3 times that without being a childish PITA.

therealbengie
01-25-2014, 11:43 AM
you need to make levelling up a worthwhile goal, I have never played a game before where levelling up is a bad thing.

there really needs to be a reason to levelling and stop camping, this change to the rivals list doesn't sound like the answer to me but I hope i'm proved wrong. my rivals list has already changed in the last couple days, for weeks I have been able to see levels 220-250(i'm level 250) ranging from 100k stat players right up to 2-30milstat players and beyond. now I am seeing level 250 only with the vast majority being 8-10mil+, how am I supposed to collect bricks for my syn with a rivals list like this?

SicK ShoTz
01-25-2014, 12:01 PM
mods, would it be possible to have players that have been inactive in game fore more than 30 days removed from rival list?

This would be the most awesome thing they could possibly do to the rivals list. I hate finding those trashy hoods from people who played a year or two ago.

sister morphine
01-25-2014, 12:43 PM
This would be the most awesome thing they could possibly do to the rivals list. I hate finding those trashy hoods from people who played a year or two ago.
Not sure on that one. Just occasionally you'll come across someone who quit the game, sold all their buildings and left the cash on hand for others to take if they can.

TooFlyRobbie
01-25-2014, 05:11 PM
you need to make levelling up a worthwhile goal, I have never played a game before where levelling up is a bad thing.

there really needs to be a reason to levelling and stop camping, this change to the rivals list doesn't sound like the answer to me but I hope i'm proved wrong.

Mods, check this out ^^^ he has a point.

Skywall
01-25-2014, 06:46 PM
The rival list will be populated based primarily on relative strength, but also takes level,IPH,mafia size, and a few other factors into account.

Please not IPH. That's going to ravage my camper accounts. :(

murf
01-25-2014, 06:49 PM

Can one of the mods please explain that if the matching algorithm is based primarily on relative strength, what encourages you to get stronger (i.e. spending gold on events). If you get stronger you are then just matched by relatively stronger opponents, so it defeats the purpose of increasing your stats for the 99.99% of us.

Cobra Shuttle
01-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Can one of the mods please explain that if the matching algorithm is based primarily on relative strength, what encourages you to get stronger (i.e. spending gold on events). If you get stronger you are then just matched by relatively stronger opponents, so it defeats the purpose of increasing your stats for the 99.99% of us.

THIS! This was the problem with the trial run that they did last month and everyone complained about it. I went from being able to rob and attack 50% of the people in my list to less than 10%.

If they change it where its based on strength then it better be no where as bad as it was a month ago. It still should be mainly based on level and mafia size, otherwise it's pointless to camp and level slow or get stronger.

The don father
01-26-2014, 07:44 AM
you guys defiantly need to increase the money chance on scratchers its been like 3 months since ive got any money out of them

GavP
01-26-2014, 07:45 AM
Hey guys,

New rival list logic!

Remember those things? We will soon be scaling them better to match the rise in relative stats that has happened over the past year.

New Scratcher prizes!

Also, if you weren't already in the know, we released expansion levels 31-40 with goals last week. That means your hood can be even bigger!

Please note: Not all of these (with the exception of the expansions) are out yet, but they are all confirmed and will be added to the game!

Why am I cynical?

1. Rival list changed a couple of days ago and now I can only see my own lvl and one lvl below! - this is grees ploy to make robbing more difficult so that you use real cash to buy in game cash ....

2. Improve defense buildings, this is supposed to be good? YES, for gree. As defense increases you will need to improve you attack ... Thus spending more gold for LTQ etc to increase your attack to counter the increase in defense stats ...

3. Scratcher, ummm yes please explain how that is a good thing? Obviously no player is foolish enough to drop 20 for the current prizes. They looked at the data and found 1 sale in the last year, so increase the prizes so that players spend more gold on it. The prizes will never be as good as the LTQ/SLTQ and the drop rate will be worse than the 10 snow brick we were all looking for ....

4. Expand your hood to buy those LTB buildings, that you cannot finish ( unless you were lucky enough yo have big modifiers) and thus spend more gold to finish them. Oh yeah, more space for the defense buildings we've been promised ...

New stuff indeed ... To help gree make more money ... No real benefit to players ...

reticlover
01-26-2014, 08:50 AM
Why am I cynical?

1. Rival list changed a couple of days ago and now I can only see my own lvl and one lvl below! - this is grees ploy to make robbing more difficult so that you use real cash to buy in game cash ....

New stuff indeed ... To help gree make more money ... No real benefit to players ...

your wrong, they did it so u can rob players easier, by not showing the little guys whos stats are 5mil lower than yours. this will make the playing field more equal, I don't rob much anymore sense I made 4mph, and I hardly get robbed anyways and never bank so I may loose 1 mil a week to someone with higher stats. but not often cause I use alarms to collect my buildings.

murf
01-26-2014, 09:06 AM
if you are constantly robbed by people with better stats but low income it's probably because you are not good at the game, people rush through the levels and don't bother to try and build strength and focus and instead on getting off to a higher level which is ridiculous. this rivals list will penalize those who play the game intelligently, for those don't level up as quickly as part of the strategy it just negates every bit of work that is being done

This may be true for the lower levels, my 2 lower accounts never get robbed. But when you get over L240, you will never be strong enough to not get robbed (I think there are only 1-2 people in the entire game who are completely bullet proof).

And I'm not against robbing, I do it all the time.....I just hate hearing people who are level 240+ complain about maybe not being able to rob players with $10m+ IPH when they're IPH is under $1m (or $0) because of the new algorithm.

They talk about how it takes the fun out of the game if they aren't allowed to do it, but they never think of the flip side. What fun is it if you have a serious IPH and are robbed by someone with $0 IPH, and you can't retaliate. Where's the fun in that dynamic?

doyourtime89
01-26-2014, 10:38 AM
I just seen this thread and haven't had a chance to read it all because I am here at work....but wanted to throw out a couple sugetions.....what about putting gold on the scrachers...and what about going back to an event like the ones where we went around on the rival list and rob and atk people to collect gold coins as a synd event....need something to use our stamina in an event.

xprimntlxp
01-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks for adding offensive and defensive wins system to the battle event. This is very useful information!

I also noticed the equipment menu running much smoother than before on android. Thanks for that too. I hope Gree focuses more on getting android up to par with IOS.

Ciara
01-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Thanks for adding offensive and defensive wins system to the battle event. This is very useful information!

I also noticed the equipment menu running much smoother than before on android. Thanks for that too. I hope Gree focuses more on getting android up to par with IOS.

And vice versa. Gold on the android is cheaper; the drop rate on multi-hit targets is 100% on android; and only android have the OW/DW functionality. The grass really isn't greener on the apple side. I use both platforms. I just wish the two separate dev teams coordinated their tinkering and give us the same things on both platforms

doyourtime89
01-26-2014, 07:30 PM
So with the new ow and dw would you have to add both to get your total wins....the old system just showed wins and loses....so under the new system would you need to add both together to see you would have had under the old system as wins???

tom73
01-26-2014, 08:06 PM
This may be true for the lower levels, my 2 lower accounts never get robbed. But when you get over L240, you will never be strong enough to not get robbed (I think there are only 1-2 people in the entire game who are completely bullet proof).

And I'm not against robbing, I do it all the time.....I just hate hearing people who are level 240+ complain about maybe not being able to rob players with $10m+ IPH when they're IPH is under $1m (or $0) because of the new algorithm.

They talk about how it takes the fun out of the game if they aren't allowed to do it, but they never think of the flip side. What fun is it if you have a serious IPH and are robbed by someone with $0 IPH, and you can't retaliate. Where's the fun in that dynamic? well stated

montecore
01-26-2014, 11:43 PM
well stated

The fun is for the Lupo/Grimly Fiendish type of people.

sister morphine
01-27-2014, 12:40 AM
The fun is for the Lupo/Grimly Fiendish type of people.
Could that be why I'm being targeted by one of Lupo's stooges, lol

Munch on it
01-27-2014, 02:19 AM
Could that be why I'm being targeted by one of Lupo's stooges, lol

From what I hear your a target a few people would like to get : )

sister morphine
01-27-2014, 04:11 AM
So it seems. I'm like the Black Hole for every leech around ;)

ohlo-00
01-27-2014, 12:48 PM
That will be nice

Sherod
01-27-2014, 05:00 PM
I can't speak for everyone but in my opinion the new rivals list is awesome.finally equal and fair competition!!!:o

SuzieCC
01-27-2014, 06:05 PM
I (and speaking for my crew so far) really hate this rival list change.

You will NEVER be able to grow in strength compared to those at your level as you will now ONLY be matched with people with your stats... I have worked hard to grow my attack/defence; it was nice to have a leg up on rivals at my level because of the HARD WORK I put into the game to be a strong competitor... Now? That hard work is pointless.

archambeau
01-27-2014, 06:08 PM
The only reason someone would be unhappy about using iph as a factor in the rivals list is that they have low iph and keep it low. This way they make all of their money robbing hoods of rivals that have worked on their iph and their rivals have no chance at revenge. Time to improve your iph and make your own $$$$.

Zendfrim
01-27-2014, 06:18 PM
I have returned. I will again say this game has been ruined by the rivals list change. Gree, you are going to cause all high income folks to quit collecting or even sell all their buildings and quit. You have ruined the game in a way that hurts many many folks. My hood alone is now covered in leaches and scum. You should encourage high income and allow those that opt into such things to protect their hoods.

I have said all of this before and I will say it again. You continue to ruin this game with changing things that don't need your attention at all.

Intrance
01-27-2014, 06:25 PM
+1
What really is needed is more incentive to raise iph. Building iph is hard, robbing is easy. Who wants to be in the receiving end with no benefit? Soon there will be no one to rob because the best strategy is 0 iph

I have returned. I will again say this game has been ruined by the rivals list change. Gree, you are going to cause all high income folks to quit collecting or even sell all their buildings and quit. You have ruined the game in a way that hurts many many folks. My hood alone is now covered in leaches and scum. You should encourage high income and allow those that opt into such things to protect their hoods.

I have said all of this before and I will say it again. You continue to ruin this game with changing things that don't need your attention at all.

RonaldPVincent
01-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Also added for your enjoyment, a new way of selecting matchups in war, much different than previous wars, but we not going to actually tell you , were just going to continue to let you believe its the same as it was before... Until youre locked in for the weekend and findind out tge hard way

Zendfrim
01-27-2014, 07:15 PM
So it seems. I'm like the Black Hole for every leech around ;)Sad club to be in.

cdaniel28
01-27-2014, 07:24 PM
When do the defense building upgrades come out? I'm hoping for a 200x to 500x multiplier

ImmaBoss
01-27-2014, 07:25 PM
When is the new stuff coming out??

tom73
01-27-2014, 07:25 PM
When do the defense building upgrades come out? I'm hoping for a 200x to 500x multiplier

I am hoping for a defence ltb. Now that would be something. :)

Splifton
01-27-2014, 07:35 PM
This new rivals list defeats the purpose of this game. I improve my stats to distance myself from the competition. I have no incentive to build up my stats at my level except for war. I do not see what the purpose for this change was or what GREE was trying to fix.

kykboxr
01-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Agreed with zen and splifton. This whole change is ruining my in-game experience. I have poured thousands into this game to create a hood and character I'm proud of. Now my rival list includes a bevy of 250s with stats that are more than 50% stronger than me and IpH that is, in general, 75% lower than me

This change will only make my shift into other games and platforms much more easier. I've taken a liking into Clash of Clans, and frankly, Supercell listens to their customers. Samurai Siege and Space Ape do as well. I will continue to play CC due to my time and money spent here, but I have reached an end point, and my hard earned money will go elsewhere

All the best Gree, continue to do what you do best. More people will follow the path to the light

Curtisjon
01-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Sweet, I'm jonesing bad for those new scratchers.

Zendfrim
01-27-2014, 08:21 PM
These new defense buildings better be EXTREMELY effective and scale with this stupid stat inflation. You guys at gree have PLENTY to do to compensate for this completely ill advised rival change.

Berkshire83
01-27-2014, 09:36 PM
I used to really enjoy this game but after the new rivals list i feel all of my hard work is for not. I've built my income to a respectable level banking tens of million per day. Now I feel people with lower incomes will take the easy road and just rob other for their money. It's taken me 2 years to build my income to where it is today, and for what? Also what is the point of increasing stats if you will always be paired by people of similar strength. This was a change that did NOT need to happen. Shame on you gree, looks like I might be finding a new game soon

montecore
01-27-2014, 09:58 PM
I used to really enjoy this game but after the new rivals list i feel all of my hard work is for not. I've built my income to a respectable level banking tens of million per day. Now I feel people with lower incomes will take the easy road and just rob other for their money. It's taken me 2 years to build my income to where it is today, and for what? Also what is the point of increasing stats if you will always be paired by people of similar strength. This was a change that did NOT need to happen. Shame on you gree, looks like I might be finding a new game soon

How about just collecting your buildings on time?

My2cents
01-27-2014, 10:16 PM
How about just collecting your buildings on time?

I'm somewhat in agreement with collecting on time as I do most of the time. I really sleep no more than six hours so even NCs are good for me. With that said, I don't want to attack others for the chance that I collect 5 minutes late or go to Disneyland for the day, having a life in general and they have an easy link. I don't see much of iph going into the algorithm cause I'm about three times greater in that than my rivals.

Spunky
01-27-2014, 10:16 PM
We will see how it plays out. I can see that for new accounts this could be a helpful thing. I kick started my building program through farming. But for all of us who have build strategically for years this seams like a poke in the eye from Gree. This is a massive change of parameters. If we were at the top of our game it was because we worked hard for it. Perhaps going forward the best strategy will be to leave all buildings uncollected and simply rob peeps. The one saving grace is I don't see anyone super poor in my list though most are poorer than me (and I'm not that rich). If I was looking to rob I'm not sure I could find anyone that was a safe target. Who knows maybe everyone this end will mostly ignore the rivals list.
Gree you could have fixed the rivals list with much gentler methods. Oh well maybe Ill just switch to another gree game. Oh wait. THEY ARE ALL THE FREAKING SAME NOW!

TooFlyRobbie
01-27-2014, 10:46 PM
It's funny how people just don't get something so simple lol.

Unless you like to exchange money for nothing, you don't support this idea, as it means that not matter how much gold you spend, you'll never get strong, unless you have the pockets to be CC strongest. Players saying "collect on time and stop whining", just don't get the game, probably have spent a thousands of gold in a top100 syndicate, or are just trollin, either one they see this as a black and white thing, you can't see the big pic that way. This stuff is so simple I'm surprised GREE professionals have these ideas.

It's not even a matter of robbing/collecting, this feature completely devalues your money.

FatMan n' Robbin
01-27-2014, 10:54 PM
New rival list logic!

no new logic in rival list. all those i see have 1mill iph and my iph is way higher. why should someone work on their income now?

montecore
01-27-2014, 10:57 PM
It's funny how people just don't get something so simple lol.

Unless you like to exchange money for nothing, you don't support this idea, as it means that not matter how much gold you spend, you'll never get strong, unless you have the pockets to be CC strongest. Players saying "collect on time and stop whining", just don't get the game, probably have spent a thousands of gold in a top100 syndicate, or are just trollin, either one they see this as a black and white thing, you can't see the big pic that way. This stuff is so simple I'm surprised GREE professionals have these ideas.

It's not even a matter of robbing/collecting, this feature completely devalues your money.

I think I get the game. And I hate being robbed. I focus on my 24 hour buildings. Those are the only ones I care about getting robbed. And I try to collect my night clubs 3/4 times per day.

Everything else I don't care about. Once my casinos, palms, transtechs are all at level 10 I'll worry about the next step.

My2cents
01-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Still no change with the lotto tickets either.

Timala
01-28-2014, 12:10 AM
Where is the logic of having a rivals list where all have the same stats?

I've been working on my iph and to be one of the stongest at my level so that I wouldn't wake up a lot of red in my news feed. With this change I don't see why I should bother doing either.

Yes there will always be people being stronger but as it is now everyone is.

poo hands
01-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Strongest players on game stuck in a box together.."brilliant"

I hate to complain
01-28-2014, 12:20 AM
I disagree with that try pushing the rivals button more there's plenty of people to fight with.

Timala
01-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Pushing the rivals list button only shuffles the 50ish same names over and over again.

Oh joy how fun isn't this....

I hate to complain
01-28-2014, 01:21 AM
I disagree with that try pushing the rivals button more there's plenty of people to fight with.

after reading another post here I went and spent some time in the rivals list.

LOL

I recant/withdraw the statement above i made.

what a joke, b4 you could just rip someone for 50/100 grand ( while leaving ALL the other buildings alone and move on ) and move on to someone else. You could also take the risk that a player within 20/25 percent of you would not know he can get his money back and rip him off big time. Now I cant even fight fools who sit on a few hundred thousand while they sleep or do whatever. Plus we all worked out peoples building cycles so we could return on the 20 hr ones and the 15 hr ones and reap the benefits while they couldn't as which is and constantly done to me ( fair enough to that ).

So yes while I'm making 140,000 an hour while upgrading all the time, my primary income was robbing and fighting rivals and that has just gone out the window aint it ? I have managed to open 26 upgrades in a syndicate that I'm the only member of and I thought I was doing quite well by mysself until today when I can to this forum cause something wasn't quite right.

Well now I know why.

I used to by gold on a whim and that will no longer be happening. Apart from that I will sit back upgrade and cash in my buildings if things remain the same I guess I'll walk away and find another game to play.

That has nothing to do with GREE.

btw I never got the 350 gold last year.

and yes I did try to get some help to get it.

Lars
01-28-2014, 02:09 AM
Now with the rival list being set up in a way anybody can rob anybody why bother with stats at all? Gree could just change the robbing algorithm to automatic success. It is pretty much what they have done now (without making it that obvious) and this shows how much sense it makes to build up stats now.

The new defense buildings will be better? Who cares if their stat effect will be factored into the rival list matching.

Why should I grow my stats now? It will only get me pitted against stronger rivals. Why should I grow my iph now -- to make me a better target?

What should I spend ingame money on from robberies and economy? Increasing my economy isn't much fun anymore. I can't buy any decent weapons for it and if I could (like in a recent LTQ) the stat increase doesn't help anymore -- it just gains you different rivals. I can finish the LTB quests which improves my economy (see above) and gains me some equipment for better stats (ha ha, see above). WTF? Where is the challenge? Why should I work on anything in this game? I would be better off playing cow clicker.

Nighteg
01-28-2014, 02:21 AM
Now with the rival list being set up in a way anybody can rob anybody why bother with stats at all? Gree could just change the robbing algorithm to automatic success. It is pretty much what they have done now (without making it that obvious) and this shows how much sense it makes to build up stats now.

The new defense buildings will be better? Who cares if their stat effect will be factored into the rival list matching.

Why should I grow my stats now? It will only get me pitted against stronger rivals. Why should I grow my iph now -- to make me a better target?

What should I spend ingame money on from robberies and economy? Increasing my economy isn't much fun anymore. I can't buy any decent weapons for it and if I could (like in a recent LTQ) the stat increase doesn't help anymore -- it just gains you different rivals. I can finish the LTB quests which improves my economy (see above) and gains me some equipment for better stats (ha ha, see above). WTF? Where is the challenge? Why should I work on anything in this game? I would be better off playing cow clicker.

CJ, read this. If you still don't get it, read it again. And again.

poo hands
01-28-2014, 02:30 AM
Mmmmm....stop the smokescreen.....and gfy

Darwin
01-28-2014, 02:41 AM
My rivals list no longer changes. It's the same people shuffled when I hit refresh. Where is the fun in that?

Timala
01-28-2014, 03:04 AM

It was the same outrage from longtime players the last time they changed the rivels list so don't think Gree cares about our opinion.

sister morphine
01-28-2014, 03:15 AM
It doesn't necessarily have to be like that. If some of the suggestions I made below were taken up, the rivals list changes could be an improvement. The important thing would be to not include the value of defence buildings in the normal stats profile, so they would only come into play when someone tries to rob you. Repeated failures woud give an incentive to improve attack stats, while the high iph players would have the same incentive to improve defence stats and defence buildings.

I'm very pleased to learn that Defence Buildings are being reassessed. Merely restoring the stated value seen when you tap on one isn't enough. They should be multiplied by a minimal x100 (or even x1000) to take the rampant inflation into account. It also occurred to me that this is an opportunity to make skill points allocated to attack and defence meaningful. If the total value of Defence Buildings were to be multiplied by the number of D skill points a player has, that would give them some value, and players who had put quite a few points into that and has been regretting it ever since might be pleased at the boost they would get against robbery attempts. Attack skill points could be used by robbers to diminish the boosted defence building stat in a similar way. Defence building stats would not be displayed on the profile another player sees, but would on the player's own. They would have no effect on attacks, as opposed to robs.

As making defence buildings relevant again would mean players wanting to build and boost them, we should be allowed concurrent building and upgrading of one money and one defence building.

Lars
01-28-2014, 04:28 AM
It doesn't necessarily have to be like that. If some of the suggestions I made below were taken up, the rivals list changes could be an improvement. The important thing would be to not include the value of defence buildings in the normal stats profile, so they would only come into play when someone tries to rob you. Repeated failures woud give an incentive to improve attack stats, while the high iph players would have the same incentive to improve defence stats and defence buildings.

Yes, that may be a (partial) solution. Unfortunately, believing in that solution would require me to put faith in Gree managing a delicate balance between attack and defense stats and having defense buildings stats compatible with stats inflation. Given my past experiences with changes and the tendency of attack growing over defense I am lacking that faith.

On a second thought I am not really convinced your solution would work for the incentive of improving your attack (or to improve your defense by equipment), as any of those stat increase would only give you stronger rivals. IMO pairing by stats does not make sense when you want to have a competition over stats.

Curtisjon
01-28-2014, 04:57 AM
So why would I buy NEW defense buildings??? With the new rivals list, it will make NO DIFFERENCE! With my stronger D, I will simply get stronger attackers. I don't get it.

Lars
01-28-2014, 04:58 AM
On a second thought I am not really convinced your solution would work for the incentive of improving your attack (or to improve your defense by equipment), as any of those stat increase would only give you stronger rivals. IMO pairing by stats does not make sense when you want to have a competition over stats.

PS: A third thought on sister morphine's suggestion. :-) To maximize your defense effective when rivals are selected based on mafia A/D and independent on boosts from defense buildings one should actually keep ones mafia stats low! Best would be to drop all mafia members and to avoid gaining new top weapons to get the best out of your defense buildings. A totally new approach to camping.

Lars
01-28-2014, 05:03 AM
So why would I buy NEW defense buildings??? With the new rivals list, it will make NO DIFFERENCE! With my stronger D, I will simply get stronger attackers. I don't get it.

You are right, with the current rival list it would not make any sense (AFAIK -- at the moment def building stats are too low to say anything about their effects anyway). However, sister morphine proposed that the def buildings stats should not be included in the stat matching. It's an interesting suggestion. I think that would help on the def buildings side but not change much about the core problem (see above).

cdaniel28
01-28-2014, 05:10 AM
On second thought I like what someone else said boost them by 1000x. It only makes sense. ..I mean a missle turret is worth 42 def and you can only build 50. 42x1000=42000. X50 only 210k def. That doesn't seem like a whole considering the 100days and $25million it takes to build them. And then food for thought figure out what inflation is close to in this game and index them to that. ... say every month their stats go up by 10% Or something and tthat is constant and known. Then you never have to mess with them or hear people complain again. Well once complaints die down :)

-C-
01-28-2014, 05:23 AM
So how are we supposed to upgrade those improved defense buildings if there is always a new LTB going on? What about upgrading one money and one defense building at the same time? Btw, I don't like the new rivals list neither! No need to increase stats anymore.

sister morphine
01-28-2014, 05:35 AM
So how are we supposed to upgrade those improved defense buildings if there is always a new LTB going on? What about upgrading one money and one defense building at the same time? Btw, I don't like the new rivals list neither! No need to increase stats anymore.
Yup, being able to build and upgrade one money and one defence building simultaneously was part of my suggestion. I'm in complete agreement it's the only way forward with LTBs being omnipresent.

Lars
01-28-2014, 05:38 AM
On second thought I like what someone else said boost them by 1000x. It only makes sense. ..I mean a missle turret is worth 42 def and you can only build 50. 42x1000=42000. X50 only 210k def. That doesn't seem like a whole considering the 100days and $25million it takes to build them. And then food for thought figure out what inflation is close to in this game and index them to that. ... say every month their stats go up by 10% Or something and tthat is constant and known. Then you never have to mess with them or hear people complain again. Well once complaints die down :)

Not nearly enough at my level. 212k would be about 2% of my A/D right now and I do not even consider myself very strong where I am.

Of course this might be different for upgraded def buildings. Still, any stat will be quickly be obsolete by stat inflation. The only solution I see is to give def buildings a relative def multiplier -- perhaps adding just in some tenths of a percent per building level.

Lars
01-28-2014, 05:45 AM
Yup, being able to build and upgrade one money and one defence building simultaneously was part of my suggestion. I'm in complete agreement it's the only way forward with LTBs being omnipresent.

Very good suggestion, I fully support that!

sister morphine
01-28-2014, 05:47 AM
Yes, that may be a (partial) solution. Unfortunately, believing in that solution would require me to put faith in Gree managing a delicate balance between attack and defense stats and having defense buildings stats compatible with stats inflation. Given my past experiences with changes and the tendency of attack growing over defense I am lacking that faith.

Oh yes, I agree it's only a starting point for a discussion on the whole robbery aspect of the game. As things stand, the defending player has their mafia strength cut in half when someone tries to rob them. That might have worked up to a point in the old days, but is completely inappropriate now when, as you say, the offence has been so favoured by Gree over defence. Any cut should be reduced heavily, or maybe the D skill stat should come into play here too.

sister morphine
01-28-2014, 05:55 AM
Not nearly enough at my level. 212k would be about 2% of my A/D right now and I do not even consider myself very strong where I am.

Of course this might be different for upgraded def buildings. Still, any stat will be quickly be obsolete by stat inflation. The only solution I see is to give def buildings a relative def multiplier -- perhaps adding just in some tenths of a percent per building level.
Well of course that's only level 1. Running them up will improve things. Bringing in D skill as a multiplier would also help (for those players who have it). I have 103 pts allocated like that on my HLP. At the moment those are totally wasted, but used to multiply that 212k gives a building defence of 21.8 million. A player with points "invested" in A skill would reduce that down, and even without it wouldn't stop the real monsters in the game from robbing me blind

tom73
01-28-2014, 06:00 AM
I'm somewhat in agreement with collecting on time as I do most of the time. I really sleep no more than six hours so even NCs are good for me. With that said, I don't want to attack others for the chance that I collect 5 minutes late or go to Disneyland for the day, having a life in general and they have an easy link. I don't see much of iph going into the algorithm cause I'm about three times greater in that than my rivals. Really tho... who cares if you get robbed for the whole stash every now and again? Surely it is worth it if you go to Disneyland or sleep in...

Nighteg
01-28-2014, 06:29 AM
I have been robbed few hours ago by a lvl 159 (i'm 230) with 60k IPH. 0.3% of mine. Great job gree!

Potatoe
01-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Under the new system improving my defensive stats actually hurts me.

If stats determine the quality of your rival list, and then defensive stats are cut in half, then improving mydefense causes me to face stronger rivals who I'm less able to defend against.

I'm also a low level, high stat player so I'm rarely a target in wars.

The net / net is that with these changes it actually hurts me to improve my defensive stats. Any items with high defense stats or defensive modifiers are now undesirable for me. Don't want them.

How silly is that.

xprimntlxp
01-28-2014, 07:55 AM
I would like clarification. Are you actually improving existing buildings or are you going g to release new buildings entirely?

And if it is new buildings, have you thought about the time and money people may have put into the current defense buildings?

Max Power
01-28-2014, 07:55 AM
It appears att/def are the most important stats in these match ups now. I am regularily getting tagged by people with twice the mob I have and 1/6th the income.

I really don't have much incentive to do anything, at this point. Growing stats is meaningless, growing income makes no sense, and spending real money makes no sense. I just spent a little gold to complete the hockey rink, now those stats have zero meaning. Why would I ever do that again?

TooFlyRobbie
01-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Hey guys,

New rival list logic!

New Scratcher prizes!

By the way, everytime I tap on "Rivals Profile" the game freezes for 20 seconds, and when I close the rivals profile it freezes for 40 seconds. Also when I log on and someone robbed me I can't who did it as its not shown in my news feed, so I cannot retaliate. I'm on android

It looks like the changes brought errors, fix it please. I didn't know where to post this.

Moose5891
01-28-2014, 09:11 AM
No matter how many D buildings I put in my hood it will never be enough... I already had a taste of this new list. They must have been trying it out...
I had guys of all different lvl's on my rival list but they all had the same stats as me... Simply horrible..hink the rival list will suck for me.. I will have a crap load of guys that can get at me now... With my IPH at 30mil there will be no one around that is as high as me. So why would I attack back an put my name on there news an give them an open door to my hood.. It bull crap . I worked my hood for years an all these changes make it worthless..

AdamVD
01-28-2014, 09:25 AM
Almost 100 mil in robberies in half a day....loving the list.....

Babytway
01-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Almost 100 mil in robberies in half a day....loving the list.....same here loving it.. to other guy above. defense buildings wont work, the best defense is cheap alarm clock and collect on time

montecore
01-28-2014, 09:48 AM

If you want to play sim city, drop your mafia to 99 and do it. If you want to attack/rob/battle, work on your stats.

montecore
01-28-2014, 09:53 AM
It appears att/def are the most important stats in these match ups now. I am regularily getting tagged by people with twice the mob I have and 1/6th the income.

I really don't have much incentive to do anything, at this point. Growing stats is meaningless, growing income makes no sense, and spending real money makes no sense. I just spent a little gold to complete the hockey rink, now those stats have zero meaning. Why would I ever do that again?

So... you think spending real money on virtual stats and virtual buildings to make virtual money is crazy?

YOU are the one who is CRAZY!

cmbrbb
01-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Long time reader first time poster.

If you guys are changing the rivals list, are you taking away harcore hitman and thug life goals?

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Why not make Uzi drop during robberies and attacks ?

I thought they used to a long time ago. I think they should.

For the weaker low IPH players that is fine if they can see us higher stat IPH players, but please remove people with extremely lower stats and IPH out of our viewing, makes it much harder to find a good target without spending hours searching

This has been my biggest complaint for weeks. The attack/defense and IPH players I have been getting were ridiculous.

I to think you should be able to upgrade a money building and a defense building at the same time. You should also be able to build one money building and one upgrade building at one time. Does anyone know if the build 175 buildings is the last one of those or does it keep going?

Lars
01-28-2014, 10:15 AM
If you want to play sim city, drop your mafia to 99 and do it. If you want to attack/rob/battle, work on your stats.

Fail. That's the point you did not get (apparently): Right now there is no need to work on stats anymore. The new rival list always shows only people of your strength no matter what your stats are. If you increase your stats by a factor of 10 you gain exactly nothing compared to your rivals. If you don't increase your stats you lose nothing. Even if you drop you drop all of your mafia nothing changes. Great for a game of competition!

SammyTheBull
01-28-2014, 10:53 AM
I downloaded a game that penalizes me for playing, while other games reward level ups. Now the incentive to grow my stats is pointless, since I will always be matched up against similar stats, except in battles. My IPH is 1.5 million and robbing and being robbed is part of the game for me. I don't mind a game changing and growing as it is necessary to keep it fresh, but I am just not sure where I will find the fun in a product I have invested in. I am terrified of the XP they hand out as a prize, I can never get an edge over an opponent and IP points seem to be on the decline since I crossed Level 150.

Real World Mafia = build an empire and become a target for every low level thug with nothing to lose or stay a low level thug. I am a boss baby, let em come and get it.
That is what I expected when I downloaded the game.

Maybe others should have downloaded "Unicorns and Utopia" a game built on hugs and kisses.

Steel City MOB
01-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah they just took the fun out of the game, robbing will never be the same.....

triple OG
01-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Is Gree going to do something about all the lvl 1 players with 30mil attack now. How can you get 150 combat masks and 113 carnival crowd mowers?

Max Power
01-28-2014, 12:31 PM

Doesn't work. The new rival list eliminates mob count as a factor.

Kitty McPurr
01-28-2014, 12:52 PM
There were two reasons to improve your stats in the game. 1) to beat enemy syndicate members during war. 2) to deter and defend your hood and cash against weaker players on your level. Gree has decided to eliminate #2. Many people spent lots of hours planning their next upgrade and building their IPH in a game where it was a main point of the game. Although I agree Robbing people is also a part of the game, this new rivals list negates the work many players have put into growing their IPH, and Attack/Defense stats to keep their IPH.
I spent about an hour earlier today searching through my rivals list and although I found plenty of people with similar stats to me, I found zero with a higher IPH. Robbing will not be a part of my game now. Why would I give rivals with similar stats a revenge link to my hood and cash. Thanks on another bad idea GREE.

xprimntlxp
01-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Yeah they just took the fun out of the game, robbing will never be the same.....

How can you say they took the fun out of robbing? I used to never be able to find hoods worth robbing and got seriously bored of that aspect. Now I am able to rob, yeah I can get robbed more, but the activity has been revived, imo. Robbing is part of the game. People complaining about people being able to rob them now is ludicrous. This game is about crime. And if you don't like being robbed, start building defense buildings because they have defense against robbery, and Gree has announced they are going to improve them ( I wish they would confirm that it is improve or if it will be new buildings) and expand your massive iph hoods in preparation to the soon to be update. Obviously they released expansions first for all of you who have abandoned defense buildings and focused solely on iph. At least they are giving you more room and a head start. So go get to building, wipe the tears off your face, and protect your hoods!

tom73
01-28-2014, 01:48 PM
How can you say they took the fun out of robbing? I used to never be able to find hoods worth robbing and got seriously bored of that aspect. Now I am able to rob, yeah I can get robbed more, but the activity has been revived, imo. Robbing is part of the game. People complaining about people being able to rob them now is ludicrous. This game is about crime. And if you don't like being robbed, start building defense buildings because they have defense against robbery, and Gree has announced they are going to improve them ( I wish they would confirm that it is improve or if it will be new buildings) and expand your massive iph hoods in preparation to the soon to be update. Obviously they released expansions first for all of you who have abandoned defense buildings and focused solely on iph. At least they are giving you more room and a head start. So go get to building, wipe the tears off your face, and protect your hoods! It is WAY better for me... Actually people worth robbing on my rivals list.

murf
01-28-2014, 02:08 PM
How can you say they took the fun out of robbing? I used to never be able to find hoods worth robbing and got seriously bored of that aspect. Now I am able to rob, yeah I can get robbed more, but the activity has been revived, imo. Robbing is part of the game. People complaining about people being able to rob them now is ludicrous. This game is about crime. And if you don't like being robbed, start building defense buildings because they have defense against robbery, and Gree has announced they are going to improve them ( I wish they would confirm that it is improve or if it will be new buildings) and expand your massive iph hoods in preparation to the soon to be update. Obviously they released expansions first for all of you who have abandoned defense buildings and focused solely on iph. At least they are giving you more room and a head start. So go get to building, wipe the tears off your face, and protect your hoods!

Activity has been revived? My L250 has not been attacked or robbed since the update, in fact I even started no-banking again....

Protect your hood? If you increase your stats, you will be matched against stronger rivals...you can't protect your hood.

xprimntlxp
01-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Activity has been revived? My L250 has not been attacked or robbed since the update, in fact I even started no-banking again....

Protect your hood? If you increase your stats, you will be matched against stronger rivals...you can't protect your hood.

You will be able to. Defense buildings are designed to protect your hood from robberies. They are going to be improved or renewed somehow. And grats you haven't been robbed. But has your robbing ability improved? I know mine has...

murf
01-28-2014, 03:39 PM
You will be able to. Defense buildings are designed to protect your hood from robberies. They are going to be improved or renewed somehow. And grats you haven't been robbed. But has your robbing ability improved? I know mine has...

Nobody is doing anything at my level...L250, $24m/iph if I left things uncollected for 15 mins it was usually robbed, now nothing. NCs survived overnight as did my NIS's....I've stopped attacking and robbing as well, I have one of the higher IPH, so I don't leave links for people with half my IPH.

Defense buildings will add to your stats which will bump you up against stronger rivals under the new Rivals List....so how will that protect my hood from robberies?

xprimntlxp
01-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Nobody is doing anything at my level...L250, $24m/iph if I left things uncollected for 15 mins it was usually robbed, now nothing. NCs survived overnight as did my NIS's....I've stopped attacking and robbing as well, I have one of the higher IPH, so I don't leave links for people with half my IPH.

Defense buildings will add to your stats which will bump you up against stronger rivals under the new Rivals List....so how will that protect my hood from robberies?

It is, I believe, a current hidden stat, which will be updated to reflect the inflation. I apparently started this game at the beginning of this Inflation period so I don't know what I'm talking about so don't build defense buildings and don't do anything right now. I saw a pic during battle where it said something about defense buildings protecting your hood from rivalries. But just ignore my comment and don't do anything until you may be behind, or see it as insight and start using meaningless cash and start building defense for your meaningless hood which will never be profitable irl. Keep on spending your time doing virtual things that don't effect the real world economy. And batch about your virtual income being stolen. What truly is stolen is your time and money. So s*** or get off the pot. And build defense buildingw, tyvm

tom73
01-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Defence buildings have not been useful for a very long time if ever. Almost everyone with a decent hood sold them long ago. It will be interesting to see if they become useful.

archambeau
01-28-2014, 04:33 PM
How can you say they took the fun out of robbing? I used to never be able to find hoods worth robbing and got seriously bored of that aspect. Now I am able to rob, yeah I can get robbed more, but the activity has been revived, imo. Robbing is part of the game. People complaining about people being able to rob them now is ludicrous. This game is about crime. And if you don't like being robbed, start building defense buildings because they have defense against robbery, and Gree has announced they are going to improve them ( I wish they would confirm that it is improve or if it will be new buildings) and expand your massive iph hoods in preparation to the soon to be update. Obviously they released expansions first for all of you who have abandoned defense buildings and focused solely on iph. At least they are giving you more room and a head start. So go get to building, wipe the tears off your face, and protect your hoods!I agree. I can find rivals with decent iph without searching forever, I'm no longer being robbed constantly by rivals with pathetic iph that I wouldn't even bother hitting back or by level 250 members with stats of 40 million plus and iph triple what mine is that I could never retaliate against. Seems to me that the ones complaining are the players that don't work on iph and those that have ridiculously high stats and iph. It's a change for the better in my opinion.The reason for improving stats isn't only to rob and attack but to help your syndicate in battle and in syndicate events such as the raid boss and epic boss.

possom
01-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Gree does lisson thx for the upcoming pvp

asstron
01-28-2014, 05:29 PM
I agree, thank you for a good rivals list. I have really been enjoying it.

Jpenn74
01-28-2014, 05:38 PM
The rivals are much better, glad to see pvp back!

abba4ever
01-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Same questions

This is great! Thanks for the update.

Edit: How will the defense buildings work? Will they be given their true defense listed? Or will there be new buildings?

Max Power
01-28-2014, 06:59 PM
It is, I believe, a current hidden stat, which will be updated to reflect the inflation. I apparently started this game at the beginning of this Inflation period so I don't know what I'm talking about so don't build defense buildings and don't do anything right now. I saw a pic during battle where it said something about defense buildings protecting your hood from rivalries. But just ignore my comment and don't do anything until you may be behind, or see it as insight and start using meaningless cash and start building defense for your meaningless hood which will never be profitable irl. Keep on spending your time doing virtual things that don't effect the real world economy. And batch about your virtual income being stolen. What truly is stolen is your time and money. So s*** or get off the pot. And build defense buildingw, tyvmYou sound really confident that Gree will do something meaningful with defense buildings. I dont know if thats your nature, naivete, or lack of long term experience with Gree, but I find your confidence unfounded. Yes, robbing is part of the game, but many here have spent years and thousands of dollars here trying to prevent it. With one quick programming change, Gree took the locks off of everybody fortress. Is it any mystery why some people might be upset? Your cavalier tone is an insult to everybody who got screwed.

xprimntlxp
01-28-2014, 07:56 PM
You sound really confident that Gree will do something meaningful with defense buildings. I dont know if thats your nature, naivete, or lack of long term experience with Gree, but I find your confidence unfounded. Yes, robbing is part of the game, but many here have spent years and thousands of dollars here trying to prevent it. With one quick programming change, Gree took the locks off of everybody fortress. Is it any mystery why some people might be upset? Your cavalier tone is an insult to everybody who got screwed.

Well I'll try to answer the best I can. #1 Why spend thousands of dollars? Do you know how much the Xbox One costs? Gratz to your deep pocket ability. #2, I don't know what Gree will do but it seems the playing field is somewhat right now, but yet skewed. I think defense buildings will have a big part of it in the future. If you don't believe me, then go about upgrading your iph or invest in kleenex for your tears and snotty noses.

ImmaBoss
01-28-2014, 07:59 PM
When are the scratchers coming GREED!!!!!!!

MonteCitan
01-28-2014, 08:04 PM
I agree. I can find rivals with decent iph without searching forever, I'm no longer being robbed constantly by rivals with pathetic iph that I wouldn't even bother hitting back or by level 250 members with stats of 40 million plus and iph triple what mine is that I could never retaliate against. Seems to me that the ones complaining are the players that don't work on iph and those that have ridiculously high stats and iph. It's a change for the better in my opinion.The reason for improving stats isn't only to rob and attack but to help your syndicate in battle and in syndicate events such as the raid boss and epic boss.

I completely disagree with you, I'm a high IPH and decent stat player. In this new rival's list setup I only came across one hood with comparable IPH so far.. I'm screwed if I ever want to get in a 1v1 with someone to make a point.. One business trip or party too hard one evening where they catch me and 3-4 days of camping their hood would be evened out.. If it even takes that long with the odd hour buildings (and one cycle of NCs)

Also pointless for me to rob any of those folk and get on their news feed, every one of them could rob me blind where I can get 20-30m off their hood they can get 130+ off mine if they time it right..

This new rival's list is extremely frustrating to me, your IPH must not be that decent, just average for your stats if you like it..

xprimntlxp
01-28-2014, 08:21 PM
I completely disagree with you, I'm a high IPH and decent stat player. In this new rival's list setup I only came across one hood with comparable IPH so far.. I'm screwed if I ever want to get in a 1v1 with someone to make a point.. One business trip or party too hard one evening where they catch me and 3-4 days of camping their hood would be evened out.. If it even takes that long with the odd hour buildings (and one cycle of NCs)

Also pointless for me to rob any of those folk and get on their news feed, every one of them could rob me blind where I can get 20-30m off their hood they can get 130+ off mine if they time it right..

This new rival's list is extremely frustrating to me, your IPH must not be that decent, just average for your stats if you like it..

Well gratz to u 4 being on top of your game! Woof woof who let the dogs out

MonteCitan
01-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Well gratz to u 4 being on top of your game! Woof woof who let the dogs out

I'm not on the top of my game, my IPH is a feeding ground for EVERY single person on my rivals list and I can't retaliate or I'll be camped for cash.. How is this fun, or cool, or me being on top of my game?

Max Power
01-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Well I'll try to answer the best I can. #1 Why spend thousands of dollars? Do you know how much the Xbox One costs? Gratz to your deep pocket ability. #2, I don't know what Gree will do but it seems the playing field is somewhat right now, but yet skewed. I think defense buildings will have a big part of it in the future. If you don't believe me, then go about upgrading your iph or invest in kleenex for your tears and snotty noses.1. I didn't say I did, I said many people did.2. I got burned by a defense building scam perpetuated by Gree 2 years before you even found this game. Your opinion is worth what I paid for it.

MonteCitan
01-28-2014, 09:15 PM
1. I didn't say I did, I said many people did.2. I got burned by a defense building scam perpetuated by Gree 2 years before you even found this game. Your opinion is worth what I paid for it.

It was Funzio then... Gree capitalized on people like us.. And now they're laughing at all of the previous gold spenders and shoving it in our face.

Zendfrim
01-28-2014, 09:40 PM
1. I didn't say I did, I said many people did.2. I got burned by a defense building scam perpetuated by Gree 2 years before you even found this game. Your opinion is worth what I paid for it.I used to dislike you, but as of late, our opinions on things are identical. Carry on.

xprimntlxp
01-28-2014, 09:55 PM
1. I didn't say I did, I said many people did.2. I got burned by a defense building scam perpetuated by Gree 2 years before you even found this game. Your opinion is worth what I paid for it.

Thanks! My opinion is worth 2 years of virtual cash I reckon, by your post. Games and content are meant to be updated especially when they are world wide multiplayer. How many upgrades did you get on your sleeping bag?

Zendfrim
01-28-2014, 10:40 PM
He paid nothing for your opinion and thinks it is worth the same. Pay attention.

PedroPimples
01-28-2014, 10:45 PM
People like him fail to comprehend things like that zend so ignore him.
There is a difference between updating and changing the core basics and fundamentals of the game when it is 3 years in.

GavP
01-29-2014, 04:56 AM
your wrong

Maybe you are right, but I find it strange that 2 days before the LTB ended I could only see my level and one level below ... Thus restricting robbing and making buying cash the only option.

Even stranger is that the next day if went back to the old rival list.

ohlo-00
01-29-2014, 05:41 AM
What some Gold program (some gold for playing 7 days in a row or gold for scratch )

sister morphine
01-29-2014, 05:51 AM
What some Gold program (some gold for playing 7 days in a row or gold for scratch )
Gold program is if you buy a minimum amount of gold in a calendar month (from $500 right up to $10,000 - yes, there are people who spend that amount in one go!) then you get some bonus gold free. The amount varies according to your spend. If you want the details send a ticket in asking for info on gold bonus scheme. You need to be registered for it before you'll get anything. It doesn't just happen by magic.

I love tacos
01-29-2014, 05:54 AM
Gree's gold program is a joke.

sister morphine
01-29-2014, 06:06 AM
Gree's gold program is a joke.
It used to be good, actually. Back in the day you had to buy 5 vaults or more (and price was not a factor), and it wasn't confined to one game. Just being on the same device was enough.

CJ said the changes came about due to the huge expansion since syndicates went live, and the need for it to be automated On the switch from vaults to cost I can get that (though it's still disappointing, and probably a workaround could have been devised), but can't see any justification for removing the device side. That must have has some automation from the outset, otherwise how could they tell it was so.

GavP
01-29-2014, 06:39 AM

Gold as prizes will never happen.

murf
01-29-2014, 06:49 AM
Gold as prizes will never happen.

It's a shame if it doesn't. Other games have that, and it's usually very small, yet probably boost player satisfaction a bunch. Simple things like getting 5 gold on a level up (that's only 1250 gold by L250, less then a vault for getting to max level) or finding 1 or 5 gold in a collect 10 event or a scratcher would help with player moral at very little cost....

1 gold < $.07

wubbs
01-29-2014, 07:33 AM

cdaniel, perhaps you should take a quick break to figure out how to use a calculator before you rile people up about the uselessness of an increased defensive building at a x1000 increase. Since I can do simple math in my head I'll help you out 42000 x 50 = 2.1 MILLION, not thousand. Donkey.... HEE HAWWW

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 07:39 AM
People like him fail to comprehend things like that zend so ignore him.
There is a difference between updating and changing the core basics and fundamentals of the game when it is 3 years in.

You obviously don't play many online games. A lot of games do it. I played a game for 10 years and the core basics and fundamentals were changed NUMEROUS times. You'll probably see more changes in the future but my opinion is worthless to you forum bullheads.

PedroPimples
01-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Yes it is. The quicker you understand that the better for all involved.
And no, I don't play many online games, the gree games are more than enough.
You played one for 10 years. Well done.
You must be an expert on all things ever then.

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Yes it is. The quicker you understand that the better for all involved.
And no, I don't play many online games, the gree games are more than enough.
You played one for 10 years. Well done.
You must be an expert on all things ever then.

I don't care what you think honestly. Most forums have people like you posting and trolling people's comments. I'm quite used to it. Whether you agree or disagree I really don't care. I'll be an expert at ignoring you idiocy and assumptions from here on.

PedroPimples
01-29-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm not a troll. Just easy for you to claim that because people disagree with you.
No comprehension and Abuse in post 15. Shows what kind of poster you will be. The boards are better off without people like you.

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 12:42 PM
And that is an opinion, which according to you, no one cares about. Thanks for trying to dictate what who is allowed to post and being a bit hypocritical. Anyway this banter is flooding this thread. Back to topic. I did not make an unreasonable assumption about defense buildings based on the main post stating they will be improved. And that is what started all this back and forth bs

PedroPimples
01-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Yawwwwnnnn

Blowin Smoke
01-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Can't wait to drop a vault on scratchers, remember the free gold Gree gave us a while back? I actually did use it on scratchers lol

$Heisenberg$
01-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Can't wait to drop a vault on scratchers, remember the free gold Gree gave us a while back? I actually did use it on scratchers lol

trololololol

cdaniel28
01-29-2014, 04:58 PM
cdaniel, perhaps you should take a quick break to figure out how to use a calculator before you rile people up about the uselessness of an increased defensive building at a x1000 increase. Since I can do simple math in my head I'll help you out 42000 x 50 = 2.1 MILLION, not thousand. Donkey.... HEE HAWWW

But I do know I have 5000 in building defense now. And that would be 5 million. Well worth the months and months I took to build them level then up and the money I spent expanding my property to keep them. And I don't care if everyone thinks it fair or not. I look at it like real estate market I took a gamble on building and expanding my property other people choose not to. Now I get to reap the rewards of my shrewd investments.

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Good for you cdaniel! Several people in my syndicate kept their defense buildings because they figured they would be updated eventually. Not sure how their formula will work but hopefully it will only require a 1 time fix.

(violence) vinniecc
01-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Hope these new downloads will help better the game! Use to be my defense ran higher than my attack! Now my attack is running higher than my defense! Wish they could be more evenly distributed! Just a thought! Appreciate the info, and still love the game!

dragon001
01-29-2014, 08:00 PM
I not being a farting smoke player also kept my defense buildings and urged my synd to do same. Really only fair as we worked to have fully expanded hoods to have the room. What was unfair was their total devaluation by rampant stat inflation. And yes the new rival lists bite to any decent player who has worked on their IPH and not been a lamer ghetto hood owner... been thinking gree might have done this so the truly weak, truly lame players, even lamer than a farting smoke, would not see how truly sad their hood and stats were in comparison to a decent players. Its not like we robbed them(why bother) except for a few poor-ish players with ok stats who could not go after the decent players. They have made us into gated communities.

Grime City
01-29-2014, 09:28 PM
OK..So we all seem to have forgotten the name of the game. We have poeple comlplaining about whats fair and whats not fair. First of all, there is nothing fair about crime. You got something I want, I'm taking it..What you going to do about it? Thats the mentality I have...Thats why I love playing CRIME City..The thrill of taking advantage of some poor sap,whiping him\her clean out of there "precious fake a** cash", and leave like a fart in the wind with a big smile...LOVE IT! Now we have to play fair? Lets just call the game B***H City..I hate the rival matchups. I can understand the WD events, but our rivals? WTF!

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Well stated. I disagree about the rivals list. I don't have to waste too much time now finding someone worth robbing, but you clearly stated what this game about... to all that are hurt about the recent push to update dead content, I'm selling 2 tissues for 5 gold. Hmu

PedroPimples
01-29-2014, 10:19 PM
For someone who spent 10 years playing an online game what you need to do is actually become socially active.

Ill sell you people skills for 10 gold.

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Haha and trolled again. I must have an acne problem that derived in Mexico. And you have no idea about my people skills. They are actually quite good. Now try again. Quit being pissed about their way of changing and just go with it... and get off my back and guard your bridge.

PedroPimples
01-29-2014, 10:29 PM
You may think they are good. You would be wrong. You'll never Recieve a better deal than this. I'm a people person and my interpersonal skills are second to none.
I don't have a bridge, what a weird thing to say. See weird phrases is not a good people skill. That's lesson one and it was free if charge.

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Not weird at all if you know the story... and so now you're judging my people skills, you are too funny... and too pessimistic. And I won't even start trying to make dumb assumptions about your life.

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Can someone send me some Proactive that can get this pimple off my back?

PedroPimples
01-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Maybe I haven't spent enough years on the Internet to know the story.
Pessimistic? I was being nice and offering you life guidance.
Some people are so ungrateful.

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Oh maybe you need to work on your people skills then, and possibly optimism. Dude for real this is getting old with you. Just because you have 687 posts and a fully iph hood doesn't mean you are smart about the game, your personal funds, or your personal skills. And now you try to attack me for playing a game online for 10 years yet you just admitted to spending years on the internet... again hypocritical. And again, this conversation doesn't belong in a thread about new stuff. If you want to go back and forth and put up the dukes text wise you can private message me or come to Houston and put up the dukes. I don't care either way and that is why I didn't comment on your "yawwwwn" . Trying to let it go but you don't and now I am a target for you to troll. So again go back to your bridge. Guard that sucker. Pessimists stick to what they know and are closed minded to input anyway. So that being said, can this thread get back to topic finally and let everyone who wants to contribute their OPINION be allowed to do so? Or do we have to keep popping pimples? Seriously.

PedroPimples
01-29-2014, 10:54 PM
I never said I'd spent years on the Internet.
And yes I do have a very good knowledge of the game, surprisingly enough.
Also my people skills are second to none. I'm a people person.
Did you just challenge me to come to Houston for a fight? Bahahaha

Watch out, we got a badass over here!!!

xprimntlxp
01-29-2014, 11:00 PM
Last word?

PedroPimples
01-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Hippopotamus?