PDA

View Full Version : 1/23 Casual Q&A thread

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone. Trying something new and if it seems that you guys are interested, we can try to do this every 2 weeks or so.

Ask me any questions you want over the next 6 hours and I'll try to answer as many as possible. You can ask me about Modern War, about GREE, about myself, about movies, food, whatever you want. I will try to answer as many questions as possible (chosen at my discretion). Also, if you want to ask me to fix something with your account, please submit a support a ticket instead :)

Some background: I worked at Funzio for about a month before we were acquired by GREE. I help out with Modern War, Crime City, Kingdom Age, Knights & Dragons, and Beyond the Dead.

My favorite game of all time is Diablo II. I'm playing Hearthstone on PC right now.

So... what's up?

Saint Anger
01-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Do you play Modern War yourself?

B.Mick
01-23-2014, 01:11 PM
It's been a long time since prizes with +energy, health, 2 upgrades at once, etc. have been released. You know, the fun and exciting bonuses! Have you guys done away offering these prizes completely or are there any plans (and when) that we might see these again?

droffatsto50
01-23-2014, 01:14 PM
So... potato or potatoe?

MaverickINsc
01-23-2014, 01:17 PM
are there plans to make stamina strategically important again?.....for anything besides attacking or raiding for valor and fake money.....why no stamina based faction events?.....doesn't have to be fvf but something

#Reaper
01-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Do you like working with Gree?

ZX6
01-23-2014, 01:19 PM
What does the future hold for modern war, long term?

Adm.J
01-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Where would you like to work once Gree finally goes under?

Web323
01-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Are we ever getting a Water based LE building?

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 01:24 PM
Do you play Modern War yourself?

I used to. Not so much now as I don't have enough time and not being in a real faction prevents me from participating in World Domination or GLTQ's. I'm currently playing Beyond the Dead and Knights & Dragons more.

It's been a long time since prizes with +energy, health, 2 upgrades at once, etc. have been released. You know, the fun and exciting bonuses! Have you guys done away offering these prizes completely or are there any plans (and when) that we might see these again?

They are not completely blocked from coming back as prizes but they are on the limited list so they will come less frequently. Our game design team's plans are constantly changing so I wouldn't be able to tell you when the next time they'll show back up is even if I wanted to.

So... potato or potatoe?

I've never heard potatoe before. Is that a thing?

are there plans to make stamina strategically important again?.....for anything besides attacking or raiding for valor and fake money.....why no stamina based faction events?.....doesn't have to be fvf but something

There isn't anything planned though it seems like a fairly good idea. Do you have any specific suggestions for a type of event that can viably use stamina?

Davysheds
01-23-2014, 01:25 PM
What's the new building and why don't you have a sticky with upgrade costs and bonuses for it

Kill Joy
01-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Boxers or briefs? I wear thongs ;)

2000y2k
01-23-2014, 01:26 PM
1) When can we expect (a date) to have something useful to purchase with our valor? Lots of players have millions of valor but units available to purchase do not increase stats. Items other than units would be nice.

2) Can you post information after a WD ends, and a new new country starts, a list of events and details about the events? Such as when a new building will be out, if medals come back how many will be in each event, and other details like the epic boss health or if an event is pulled for a month and when or if it will return. Information about events in advance would take away from (or maybe start earlier) the amount of posts people make asking what is going on.

3) Thoughts on increasing the max level for players?

Hupernikomen
01-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Would you consider making WD matchups being based off of average stats first instead of total stats? Make the streakers match each other or rank be much more signficant one to alleviate the bad matchups.

droffatsto50
01-23-2014, 01:28 PM
I've never heard potatoe before. Is that a thing?

Haha :) Just the spelling of it, which type of it do you like better lol ;)

Mcdoc
01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
I would be very nice if during quests - the prize splash screen after you complete - and even the teaser screen telling you what the current prize you are working towards - if the stats on the prizes were shown with a picture - just like in Kingdom Age.

It is so frustrating to win a prize - see the name - have No Idea what the stats are - and then spend 10 minutes trying to find it in your impossible to navigate inventory.

PS - people are always asking to sort the inventory - probably best if it is by stats - top to bottom :)

PSS - Diablo II is one of my all time favorites!

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Do you like working with Gree?

I love it! It's a decent sized company but there's still a start-up culture to it. Everyone works really hard and plays really hard. They also keep us very well-fed with catered meals and snacks and I love food. Everyone on my team is friends with each other so it's a good work environment.

What does the future hold for modern war, long term?

That's a good question and I wish I had a good answer for you! I haven't been updated on what our next big features are going to be yet. My team pretty much finds out about features a week or two before you guys do haha. I'm not sure where the game design team is headed next after raid bosses and GLTQ's, but I'm sure it'll be something cool. Of course we're working on improving current features while also adding new features to the game and we'll continue to support Modern War for as long as our players continue to play (and from looking at our player activity, we're not going anywhere soon).

Where would you like to work once Gree finally goes under?

That's not something I've given thought to yet as I don't feel like GREE is going under any time soon :) The gaming industry is small though so I have friends at a variety of different gaming companies now. I'll see what's available to me if the time ever comes.

Are we ever getting a Water based LE building?

I think there will be a water based LE building down the line. When is the better question (that I don't have the answer to).

lwilgucki
01-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Cat there be some LE buildings and events that us mere mortals (who have not won the lottery) afford to do?
I understand its a business but I dont spend this much on PS4 games. This is more addictive than heroin and to be honest a heroin addiction would be cheaper.

Emerald_
01-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Will you guys ever post the Epic Boss info(health,goal units,loot unit percentages)) like you did with the last Raid Boss. Thief's thread is very helpful, but as its title states, it is really a loot tracker and can only estimate boss health.

Ghost-12
01-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Wd points
Quick question(s)!
If you or more players hit the same target at the same time, are the wd points
Split between them? Or that has nothing to do With fact that in one hit one gets
more than the second or third?... If no can you explain why the variation between hits?

psuengineer
01-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Hello Oracle. I like this idea and appreciate you stopping by to answer questions.

Would it be possible to introduce a new tier (or tiers) to the boss event difficulty, so those players that have eclipsed level 150 are not doomed at having any success whatsoever since they are lumped in with everyone up to level 300? Perhaps making a tiers for 151-200, 201-250, and 251-300 in difficulty. Obviously, this is all under the assumption that the tiers we have surmised through tracking boss health independently are correct.

P.S. I also agree with the previous poster who mentioned getting energy/health bonuses. Very few of us are players within the top 3 factions in WD events, but they seem to be the only ones who ever have opportunities to obtain these units.

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 01:49 PM
What's the new building and why don't you have a sticky with upgrade costs and bonuses for it

We don't have information up cause we're swamped with tickets so we rely on some very helpful players to post them up for us. Thank you to those players, and I apologize for the lack of information we put out ahead of time. Everything's on a crazy rapid-fire release schedule here but we're trying to improve on that.

Boxers or briefs? I wear thongs ;)

O_O. Boxer briefs are the best of both worlds. Failing that, hammock up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfP4TmM-QE

1) When can we expect (a date) to have something useful to purchase with our valor? Lots of players have millions of valor but units available to purchase do not increase stats. Items other than units would be nice.

2) Can you post information after a WD ends, and a new new country starts, a list of events and details about the events? Such as when a new building will be out, if medals come back how many will be in each event, and other details like the epic boss health or if an event is pulled for a month and when or if it will return. Information about events in advance would take away from (or maybe start earlier) the amount of posts people make asking what is going on.

3) Thoughts on increasing the max level for players?

1. This is definitely an idea we're exploring, though I can't give a release date for it. Some things don't get prioritized as high and I feel like valor usefulness is definitely one of the items that has been labeled lower priority by our game designers. I'll keep poking them with a stick and letting them know how you guys feel about it though and we'll see if we can change their tune.

2. We're going to try to do more of that going forward. We also receive the event information very late most of the time which makes getting the information to you guys even harder.

3. I don't think it's a good idea right now. When the median level of competition is a little higher we'll revisit the idea.

Would you consider making WD matchups being based off of average stats first instead of total stats? Make the streakers match each other or rank be much more signficant one to alleviate the bad matchups.

Players will always game a system no matter what change we make to it. In this case, they would fill their factions with dummy accounts with very low stats, effectively driving their average stats down way low and in battle, they'd be unstoppable while you're left to hit their low level dummy players for peanuts.

Haha :) Just the spelling of it, which type of it do you like better lol ;)

Haha potato for sure.

I would be very nice if during quests - the prize splash screen after you complete - and even the teaser screen telling you what the current prize you are working towards - if the stats on the prizes were shown with a picture - just like in Kingdom Age.

It is so frustrating to win a prize - see the name - have No Idea what the stats are - and then spend 10 minutes trying to find it in your impossible to navigate inventory.

PS - people are always asking to sort the inventory - probably best if it is by stats - top to bottom :)

PSS - Diablo II is one of my all time favorites!

The stats should be shown on the prizes. If it's in Kingdom Age already, we'll see if it can be ported over. I agree that inventory sorting definitely needs to be in the game. I haven't heard back recently about whether or not they're working on it but it is one of the most requested features and the way the inventory currently is set up is a pain in the butt. (For you, and for me, when players submit tickets cause they don't see the prize units that are already in their inventory).

dpghost mobile
01-23-2014, 01:49 PM
The wd event points are awarded according to the opponents own wd points?
Like I attack a HLP that is not active during war, I get less, or its just a random that has a too big influence
you intend to match according to the player average and not the compounded stats?

Emerald_
01-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Why is the Epic Boss health raised every cycle. All of my Atk gains from one cycle are negated and then some for the next cycle. Standing in one place is bad enough but losing ground really sucks. Also, are there any plans on splitting the 150-300 tier down into separate tiers as Thief has mentioned many,many,many times.

twinstorm15
01-23-2014, 01:56 PM
2 ?'s:
1. is there any intent to make valor worth having
2. during the box events, why are the boobie prizes so bad? $4K, $6K 250 valor, 500 valor, etc.

as a side not, I don't like calling them boobie prizes because I love boobies, but I hated the above prizes.

SAVE THE BOOBIES.

T Rav
01-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Is there definitely going to be a ltb this WD? If not I can finally upgrade other things. I just don't want to start a long upgrade than be behind on the ltb. Just a yes or no will suffice!

Ps- very cool idea doing this. I'm sure not only myself but the community as a whole really appreciates this

davecity
01-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Can you please ask the developers to consider three things:

1) Sorting the inventory items by name. Whenever I get an item, I have to swipe through quite a few screens to find it to see the stats. It's really difficult on an iPhone and many times I just give up. The alternative would be to provide the stats of the item on the little pop-up screen when we are awarded that item.

2) In the My Profile screen, can we have a section that breaks out our individual strength by the four categories of infantry, ground, air and sea? At any level above 30 or 40, it is tremendously difficult to figure out how to better balance your categories.

3) I've accidentally used gold many times. Will you consider allowing the users to 'lock' gold spending? Perhaps by touching the gold amount at the top of your screen you can toggle this lock on and off. When the lock is on, the game won't allow any usage of gold or require a separate confirmation pop-up question.

Thanks

MadAtWorld
01-23-2014, 02:09 PM
I am sure everyone here in the forum has sent in a ticket at some point. I just received a reply from a ticket I sent back in October. Having a delayed response at times of high ticket volume is understandable. However, 7 of 7 tickets for me have resulted in no issues being solved. 3 of the responses were not even related to the issue the ticket was sent about. My question is this: are you planning to increase the number of customer service reps or train them better so that the resolution of problems can be done more timely and, dare I hope, result on some actual help?

MaverickINsc
01-23-2014, 02:11 PM
There isn't anything planned though it seems like a fairly good idea. Do you have any specific suggestions for a type of event that can viably use stamina?[/QUOTE]

one example would be a faction based event where you have to raid a certain number of building types.....knowing that more valuable the building the tougher to find and raid....i.e. the final chapter might be raiding 200 composite factories as a faction......would be easy to run individual at the same time.....im sure others would have better ideas as well....I have 90 stamina....used to be valuable during fvf.....now it just sits there.....would be good to change things up. thanks for asking

Durt McGurt
01-23-2014, 02:13 PM
There isn't anything planned though it seems like a fairly good idea. Do you have any specific suggestions for a type of event that can viably use stamina?

The LTQ that was Example: "Raid 10 Guard Towers" would be a good use of stamina, or perhaps the "Tournament of Factions BP event"

What about the ability to adjust skill points? Some players *cough Me cough* have over 200 stamina points. Some have hundreds into attack & defense. Perhaps the ability to adjust a percentage of skill points per month for the player friendly price of free.

The game is drastically different than it was when most of us started. Having skill points in areas that actually help us enjoy the game would be nice....rather than where we put them a year and a half ago.

Gen. Jaden
01-23-2014, 02:14 PM
1. Why is gold so darn expensive! Couldn't it be like $0.99 for 50, and $20.00 for 1500. I know your answer would be "If we did that everyone that has spent lots of gold would riot and quit the game". So my idea is that you refund all gold everyone has spent for x5 it's worth, thus keeping the system consistent.
2. I have heard a this so call "Gold Program" It seems to me that it sounds like the last sentence of my first question. Could you explain this is everyone, because others and I sure don't!
3. Why not take away "Log in everyday for a unit", and add something similar to the scratcher tickets, like a "Spin the Wheel" someone made a thread about earlier. Also make the rewards much better, like the lowest being a 50-100 attack/defense unit, and the jackpot being a 100000 attack/defense unit, as well as the cash prizes thrown in there.
4. ADD MORE SEA BUILDINGS!
5. Can you please fix the android bugs?
6. Can you fix the Amazon Appstore version? I am a kindle user and I have to use a 3rd party appstore (No google play on kindles, but I'm working on hacking mine to allow it to work) to use the lastest version of modern war.
7. Can your team make a better chat program? All the serious factions (Including my own) use a chat program like groupme or etc. It needs to be fast, easy to use, and be able to have different rooms.
Thank you for taking time to listen to the players. I know everyone gives you guys a bad rap, but I'm sure your doing your best :)

bradleyk
01-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Not sure why no one has asked this yet...
What's up with the drop rate of intel folders? There's a huge thread of players trying to get answers about the drop rate. I think some are willing to spend some gold but not at the rate it's looking like will be needed to compete in the raid boss event.
Can you comment?

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Will you guys ever post the Epic Boss info(health,goal units,loot unit percentages)) like you did with the last Raid Boss. Thief's thread is very helpful, but as its title states, it is really a loot tracker and can only estimate boss health.

Game designers don't really like sharing that much information as a lot of work goes into mapping out the progression of an event and the information can be copied by our competitors. At least, that's why I think we don't post it up. We can post up prizes, but drop rates and difficulty progression probably won't ever get posted.

Wd points
Quick question(s)!
If you or more players hit the same target at the same time, are the wd points
Split between them? Or that has nothing to do With fact that in one hit one gets
more than the second or third?... If no can you explain why the variation between hits?

Each hit generates points independently. The current points algorithm offers a lot of variation. I wouldn't recommend trying to find a pattern from it or you'll drive yourself cuckoo.

Would it be possible to introduce a new tier (or tiers) to the boss event difficulty, so those players that have eclipsed level 150 are not doomed at having any success whatsoever since they are lumped in with everyone up to level 300? Perhaps making a tiers for 151-200, 201-250, and 251-300 in difficulty. Obviously, this is all under the assumption that the tiers we have surmised through tracking boss health independently are correct.

Why is the Epic Boss health raised every cycle. All of my Atk gains from one cycle are negated and then some for the next cycle. Standing in one place is bad enough but losing ground really sucks. Also, are there any plans on splitting the 150-300 tier down into separate tiers as Thief has mentioned many,many,many times.

Our game designers track event completion by tiers and I'm sure adjustments will be made if a large number of players in a level range aren't completing the events. I'll try to check up on this and see what they say.

The wd event points are awarded according to the opponents own wd points?
Like I attack a HLP that is not active during war, I get less, or its just a random that has a too big influence
you intend to match according to the player average and not the compounded stats?

I answered the question about matching based on average stats in another answer. Points you get from an opponent are based on a lot of different factors. I don't think their activity during the event is not one of them though.

2 ?'s:
1. is there any intent to make valor worth having
2. during the box events, why are the boobie prizes so bad? $4K, $6K 250 valor, 500 valor, etc.

1. I answered the valor question earlier
2. They're like the small prizes you get at the carnival when you're trying to win the life-size stuffed Minion.

Is there definitely going to be a ltb this WD? If not I can finally upgrade other things. I just don't want to start a long upgrade than be behind on the ltb. Just a yes or no will suffice!

I don't have the next LTB info available to me yet, but I'm willing to bet yes.

Can you please ask the developers to consider three things:

1) Sorting the inventory items by name. Whenever I get an item, I have to swipe through quite a few screens to find it to see the stats. It's really difficult on an iPhone and many times I just give up. The alternative would be to provide the stats of the item on the little pop-up screen when we are awarded that item.

2) In the My Profile screen, can we have a section that breaks out our individual strength by the four categories of infantry, ground, air and sea? At any level above 30 or 40, it is tremendously difficult to figure out how to better balance your categories.

3) I've accidentally used gold many times. Will you consider allowing the users to 'lock' gold spending? Perhaps by touching the gold amount at the top of your screen you can toggle this lock on and off. When the lock is on, the game won't allow any usage of gold or require a separate confirmation pop-up question.

Thanks

1. This is one of the most requested features so I'm sure they're considering or working on it.

2. Good suggestion. Will keep it in mind.

3. We probably won't add a gold lock but we have more confirmation buttons coming for multiple features in the game so that should cut down on some accidental purchases.

Mcm2013
01-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Quote Originally Posted by MaverickINsc View Post

Yes we have had such stamina based events before that i liked. The one where you have to hit 5 guard towers, then 10 barracks and so on. Maybe the better way on that would be all money buildings though even the small ones as that would have more people interested. Another idea would be to add stamina targets to the maps

#Reaper
01-23-2014, 02:20 PM
Would you guys ever add a feature or consider to be able to trade stuff? like buildings or units and adjust it so no one trades a 30k unit with a 1k unit with their mini or lte buldings.

Also will you guys ever reduce cost of gold w/o a gold sale?

How come you guys dont focus on modern war other than your new games? Modern War is where your loyal costumers are and has got Gree where it is now, it earned Gree a ton of cash and it's popular so wouldn't you agree to just stick with a few games and work on the top games? Correct me if I'm wrong

And thanks for answering my previous question Oracle, sounds interesting :D.

Wallaster27
01-23-2014, 02:22 PM
How about a gold confirmation button or even better a gold bank where you can lock gold like someone said previously?

Ghost-12
01-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Round#2
1- Why CJ choose a picture of a shark/octopus as avatar?
2- Are you guys doing something about the fact that there is a glitch on health regen
that A LOT of players are using this to finish LTQ without having to use any gold, while honest players
spend real money for something others are getting for free ( A lot of talk about this and tickets / emails
provided by many and still nothing done about it)

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 02:36 PM
I am sure everyone here in the forum has sent in a ticket at some point. I just received a reply from a ticket I sent back in October. Having a delayed response at times of high ticket volume is understandable. However, 7 of 7 tickets for me have resulted in no issues being solved. 3 of the responses were not even related to the issue the ticket was sent about. My question is this: are you planning to increase the number of customer service reps or train them better so that the resolution of problems can be done more timely and, dare I hope, result on some actual help?

Let me paste what I said in another thread regarding tickets.

"1. For stuff we can do ourselves, we will respond and try to take action on the spot. (Transfers, accidental purchases, cheat reports, language violations, gameplay questions)

2. For stuff we WON'T do for some reason, we'll respond to let you know our decision and close out the ticket. For example: You could not complete an event or you were upset about your event placement because your faction placed 1 rank away from the next tier's prize. We won't give you any prizes you did not qualify for in an event, unless something seriously broke on our end. In the past few months, prizes for most events have been credited flawlessly and is based on the rank in the event. For the events that were broken, we got our engineers to push out fixes that credited them to players accounts. We do not manually credit event prizes on a case-by-case basis.

3. For stuff that requires a deeper look at, we will give you a generic response, and add your ticket information to a separate ticket that we have for our engineers. This lets our engineers keep track of the most common issues players are experiencing so they can prioritize their investigations and release bug fixes.

If you have a complaint about the game or an event, we're not going to be able to help you other than passing what you say to the people who designed these features.

If you accidentally purchased or sold something or need help with some feature in the game, then we should get to you pretty soon. If our first response does not help you out and it is an issue that we can actually take action on, please respond back to that ticket."

one example would be a faction based event where you have to raid a certain number of building types.....knowing that more valuable the building the tougher to find and raid....i.e. the final chapter might be raiding 200 composite factories as a faction......would be easy to run individual at the same time.....im sure others would have better ideas as well....I have 90 stamina....used to be valuable during fvf.....now it just sits there.....would be good to change things up. thanks for asking

We did something similar in Kingdom Age and it went pretty badly. Tons of tickets of that building type not available to raid in any bases as players went through and smashed up each others bases and no one wanted to repair their base.

What about the ability to adjust skill points? Some players *cough Me cough* have over 200 stamina points. Some have hundreds into attack & defense. Perhaps the ability to adjust a percentage of skill points per month for the player friendly price of free.

The game is drastically different than it was when most of us started. Having skill points in areas that actually help us enjoy the game would be nice....rather than where we put them a year and a half ago.

I think the reason why the game designers have decided against adding skill point refunds is that they're worried about players switching to all energy for LTQ's and then switching back to all attack/defense for WD and etc. They might be willing to implement it if there's a once-a-month limit or something on it but I'd have to talk to them to know for sure why they haven't added it.

2. I have heard a this so call "Gold Program" It seems to me that it sounds like the last sentence of my first question. Could you explain this is everyone, because others and I sure don't!
3. Why not take away "Log in everyday for a unit", and add something similar to the scratcher tickets, like a "Spin the Wheel" someone made a thread about earlier. Also make the rewards much better, like the lowest being a 50-100 attack/defense unit, and the jackpot being a 100000 attack/defense unit, as well as the cash prizes thrown in there.
6. Can you fix the Amazon Appstore version? I am a kindle user and I have to use a 3rd party appstore (No google play on kindles, but I'm working on hacking mine to allow it to work) to use the lastest version of modern war.
7. Can your team make a better chat program? All the serious factions (Including my own) use a chat program like groupme or etc. It needs to be fast, easy to use, and be able to have different rooms.

2. For players who spend a lot in our game, we offer them a way to get the extra bonus gold that we offer going from tier to tier. If you submit a ticket about it we can offer more information about it.
3. Players hated scratchers. We added daily rewards. Players hated daily rewards and wanted scratchers back. Sometimes I feel like 50% of the playerbase hates any feature at any given time and when it's replaced by another feature, the other 50% hates it.
6. Unfortunately we don't support the Kindle versions of the games anymore :( Amazon has a separate app approval process and it was too much of a pain to keep the game updated.
7. It's pretty hard since we don't have code that is optimized for chat. Third party chat developers spend all of their time developing their chat app so we'll never be able to match them functionality-wise.

Not sure why no one has asked this yet...
What's up with the drop rate of intel folders? There's a huge thread of players trying to get answers about the drop rate. I think some are willing to spend some gold but not at the rate it's looking like will be needed to compete in the raid boss event.
Can you comment?

Sorry to hear about the frustration with the low drop rates. Unfortunately I don't set the drop rates but I'll let the event designers know.

Would you guys ever add a feature or consider to be able to trade stuff? like buildings or units and adjust it so no one trades a 30k unit with a 1k unit with their mini or lte buldings.

Also will you guys ever reduce cost of gold w/o a gold sale?

How come you guys dont focus on modern war other than your new games? Modern War is where your loyal costumers are and has got Gree where it is now, it earned Gree a ton of cash and it's popular so wouldn't you agree to just stick with a few games and work on the top games? Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Nope. Balancing trade in a game like this is almost impossible. The cons outweigh the pros of releasing this feature and if we released it without good checks and balances in place we'd probably irreversibly destroy the game.

2. Short answer, no. Longer answer, our analytics tell us no.

3. Modern War is still our top game and it gets the most developmental focus of any of our titles actually.

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Round#2
1- Why CJ choose a picture of a shark/octopus as avatar?
2- Are you guys doing something about the fact that there is a glitch on health regen
that A LOT of players are using this to finish LTQ without having to use any gold, while honest players
spend real money for something others are getting for free ( A lot of talk about this and tickets / emails
provided by many and still nothing done about it)

1. That's actually a photo that we took of him.
2. If there's any new information feel free to send in a ticket and we'll have our engineers take a look. We have tons of system checks in place that prevent players from altering their health regen. The way the game works, there's client data and there's server data. Some players can manipulate their client data so from their end it looks like they're "hacking" the game. Once they trigger a check in the game, the server compares its data to the client data and reverses any client data that it sees as incorrect. So it may look like you spent 20000 energy but once the server knows you only had 1000 energy, it'll reverse what you did and it'll trigger a warning to tell us to smack you in the face with the banhammer.

Gen. Jaden
01-23-2014, 02:48 PM
more questions,

1. Why were Crime City players given 300 gold for some "Minor" errors? I won't rant about our errors, but I think we deserve something.
2. Why aren't there any units/gold given out anymore? I remember the daylight chaser, the one year veteran, and a few that followed. It was always fun seeing that splash screen with "We thank you for your support" on it, I wish it was there every once in a while.

Durt McGurt
01-23-2014, 02:49 PM
I think the reason why the game designers have decided against adding skill point refunds is that they're worried about players switching to all energy for LTQ's and then switching back to all attack/defense for WD and etc. They might be willing to implement it if there's a once-a-month limit or something on it but I'd have to talk to them to know for sure why they haven't added it.

Thank you for your feedback. Perhaps the ability to move 10% of your skill points 1 time per month would be a good solution. Or if the code would not handle it...perhaps a set number per month (50 a month? 30 a month?) Something as players who have been supporting from the beginning are begging to move them around.

Bonus Question:
If you were stuck on a deserted island, What three things would you bring?
**(can not answer with boat/car/plane/etc. No service providers either)**

Big she'd
01-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks for this thread , very informative . I know you've answered the valour question earlier , but here's a suggestion make refil packs purchase able with valour , even if it's 50 k to 100 k valour for one refil at least we can do something with it , at the moment for all the good valour is you may as well get rid of it

Jesse21
01-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Does two people attacking a wd target at the same time affect points

bruner
01-23-2014, 02:58 PM
This is freakin awesome! Thank you!

Deathship
01-23-2014, 02:58 PM
would there be more frequent faction events that use energy?

Jesse21
01-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Are fltqs done or will we have more?

Mr Big C
01-23-2014, 03:05 PM
1. would you ever consider a concede option for the WD event?
2. for some of these LTQ that require 50 taps to beat 1 event. Can you add an option to do it in 1 click or an option to use all your energy for a certain percentage of the kill.
3. Can you remove the splash screens during the active Wars? When we are fighting the last 1-2 mins of a war and I'm trying to buy gold, but a splash screen comes up telling me that Ive won xp for killing so many people. It gets in the way.
4. During war can we preset how much gold we want to use on each war. It would be easier for me to say I want to use 3 gold refills, then to wait to hit the refill button and then find my target again.

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 03:08 PM
more questions,

1. Why were Crime City players given 300 gold for some "Minor" errors? I won't rant about our errors, but I think we deserve something.
2. Why aren't there any units/gold given out anymore? I remember the daylight chaser, the one year veteran, and a few that followed. It was always fun seeing that splash screen with "We thank you for your support" on it, I wish it was there every once in a while.

1. We've given out some massive gold gifts before. It's always kind of a pain because we don't have a well-coded way to deliver it once. What we do is credit it to all players accounts with a pop-up. Unfortunately this pop-up stays in game until we remove it from the code and players think they're supposed to get multiple credits. We then gets a gazillion tickets asking why they only got the gold credit once. Also most of our recent issues have been corrected with mass prize credits which is why we haven't given out gold.

2. Not sure actually. I think it's cause a lot of players complained that "if everybody wins, nobody wins" because everyone who gets the unit essentially goes up by almost the same amount of stats. Maybe our game designers agreed with them.

Bonus Question:
If you were stuck on a deserted island, What three things would you bring?
**(can not answer with boat/car/plane/etc. No service providers either)**

That's hard cause it really depends how long I'd be stuck for. If we're talking upwards of a year, I'd like to bring a Kindle but then I'd have to bring a solar charger and I don't want to use up 2 choices.

I'd bring a guitar but then if the strings broke I'd be screwed.

I guess I'd bring my dog so I have a companion that's not an inanimate object. (Wilsonnnnnn)

Then I'd bring things that make survival easier. A fishing rod and a hatchet?

Mcm2013
01-23-2014, 03:11 PM
can you pass this along to the developers or let me know if anything is being done about the following. When you buy a refill on ios the list stays right where you were, however on android it takes you back to the top every time. Kinda same as above it is really hard when clicking so much to scroll back down to find your target

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Players will always game a system no matter what change we make to it. In this case, they would fill their factions with dummy accounts with very low stats, effectively driving their average stats down way low and in battle, they'd be unstoppable while you're left to hit their low level dummy players for peanuts.

Then change it to average strength and change the size of the PEANUT to give effect rather than constant ineffective tweaking.

knuckk
01-23-2014, 03:12 PM
First off hats off to you oracle for doing this mw is a great game ... Pleasing half of us at any given time is an accomplishment ... I'll get right too it---

1.) more faction bonuses--- just like it says --- albeit a energy/health regen bonus would b counter productive you'd make us happy:)

2.). Wd algorithm -- u created these monster little streak teams with a weak matching algorithm ... I read before this wasn't your intent ... I've also seen several players talk about tossing average member strength in.... Is this something the developers r considering? Is the problem on their radar or do they think all is well with wd matchups?

3.) inventory management --- plz hook it up we've been patient

Thx for your time

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 03:14 PM
would there be more frequent faction events that use energy?

Are fltqs done or will we have more?

I think a lot of players say there are too many events currently, but FLTQ's aren't going anywhere.

1. would you ever consider a concede option for the WD event?
2. for some of these LTQ that require 50 taps to beat 1 event. Can you add an option to do it in 1 click or an option to use all your energy for a certain percentage of the kill.
3. Can you remove the splash screens during the active Wars? When we are fighting the last 1-2 mins of a war and I'm trying to buy gold, but a splash screen comes up telling me that Ive won xp for killing so many people. It gets in the way.
4. During war can we preset how much gold we want to use on each war. It would be easier for me to say I want to use 3 gold refills, then to wait to hit the refill button and then find my target again.

1. Nope. It would be hell to code into the current way WD works.

2. Nope! We like making players click things.

3. This is hard coded into the game so not very possible.

4. That would require a lot of coding and I don't think would be a priority for our development team.

Keep in mind that from the eyes of a game designer, most prioritized features are ones that:
1. Affect a lot of players
2. Would increase enjoyment of the game rather than just add convenience
3. Would lead to more spending

Dickweed
01-23-2014, 03:20 PM
If coding proves too difficult to implement inventory sorting within the game, how about adding something along the lines of having a spreadsheat of your inventory emailed to you? I think I would find that more useful anyway. Maybe a button at the top of the inventory page that says...you guessed it....email. Tap it, enter an email address and away it goes.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-23-2014, 03:26 PM
That didn't work. Perhaps it wasn't in question form. I'll try it this way.

Can you consider changing it to average strength and change the size of the 'PEANUT' to give effect, rather than constant ineffective tweaking?

Griffin4
01-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Are we going to see the return of PVP tournaments these were great team,morale builders for our faction we really enjoyed them

Dan Cai
01-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Is there no way gree would be willing to re release old le buildings? I'd love to be able to buy the old buildings.

Sumiala
01-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Do you think one day people will read a thread like this, before posting their question, and thus avoiding posting a question already asked and answered?

beso
01-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Thank you for doing this!

Here is my question:
Will there be an Epic boss during this cycle? (Before the Turkey WD event)

MaroonMonsoon
01-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Do you believe there is a sucker born every minute, or that they just play modern war?

alphakennybody
01-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Glad to see my advise was taken, thank you very much for showing face even when there is no problems about, good show. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?76514-How-about-a-live-Q-amp-A...

I do have a question, why is WD every few weeks, and do you guys have any plans to spread them further apart?

Missouri
01-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi Oracle,

Thank you for offering this q&a... It is much appreciated!

I have two questions:
1. The current cycle lists two 'limited time missions'... Can you give us more detail?

2. Sorta goes along with #1... It appears the epic boss event is not scheduled this month, is this a permanent change to the game?

01-23-2014, 04:07 PM
There was one crate event were they didn't give u all the crap rewards and stuff like 6k and 150 valor they gave out units yeah some were small but way better than 6k cash when it cost 300 k for me to cash open. Why not make that a standard

Deathship
01-23-2014, 04:08 PM
I have 4 accounts why do you favor ios compared to android?

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 04:11 PM
2.). Wd algorithm -- u created these monster little streak teams with a weak matching algorithm ... I read before this wasn't your intent ... I've also seen several players talk about tossing average member strength in.... Is this something the developers r considering? Is the problem on their radar or do they think all is well with wd matchups?

Our team is definitely discussing balance right now. I've been part of the conversation and let them know what the players are asking for on the forums/in tickets and they seem cognizant of what players are asking for. Next step is actually finding the right balance. It is being talked about though and will most likely be changed.

Are we going to see the return of PVP tournaments these were great team,morale builders for our faction we really enjoyed them

Last I heard that PVP tournaments were shelved indefinitely because players weren't participating in them as much as other faction events. They were also difficult to launch and we ran into some issues with prize crediting I think (it's been a while so my memory is a little hazy).

Is there no way gree would be willing to re release old le buildings? I'd love to be able to buy the old buildings.

No current plans to do so, but I wouldn't say it's completely ruled out.

Do you think one day people will read a thread like this, before posting their question, and thus avoiding posting a question already asked and answered?

As an avid web surfer and forum reader, not a chance.

Thank you for doing this!

Here is my question:
Will there be an Epic boss during this cycle? (Before the Turkey WD event)

Just checked. I don't think there is an epic boss before the next WD event.

Do you believe there is a sucker born every minute, or that they just play modern war?

I haven't looked at the data on the number of 1-day olds who play Modern War but I believe the number is less than or equal to zero.

Hupernikomen
01-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Players will always game a system no matter what change we make to it. In this case, they would fill their factions with dummy accounts with very low stats, effectively driving their average stats down way low and in battle, they'd be unstoppable while you're left to hit their low level .[/QUOTE]

In regards to not using average stats, this was your valid response. I submit to you that my faction would be thrilled to hit their minis. For 2 wars in a row we have gone through 10 hour stretches were we literally had zero targets for anyone. When you have 10 player factions with 15 mil player stats each, these guys get matched up with average stats players, don't have to anything but watch the clock tick down and make sure their competition doesn't just go after the win by hitting the ccpommand center. It literally is ruining the wd for a band of factions in the top 150-400 range who get stuck trying to battle the horde of small streaking factions. If average stats were used they would have to fight each other. Adding minis to keep their average down gives us a target. That is all we are asking for or need. One target and these guys are toast. They know that.

goober
01-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Are you working on ways to reduce the penalty for leveling up? Effectively, because of WD points, the ridiculous increase in epic both health players are encouraged to not play their account. Skip LTQs and carefully think about other events to avoid the xp gained. It seems like a system designed to discourage play also discourages spending.

Why do you still tolerate cheating players installing old android versions to access the energy glitch that was fixed in 3.9 and to build old LE buildings not currently available?

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 04:21 PM
I do have a question, why is WD every few weeks, and do you guys have any plans to spread them further apart?

We have number crunchers who look at the number of players on for any given event and they run all kinds of statistical models that tell them the ideal amount of time to space out events. To put it simply, event schedules are based 90% on giving players something to do in game. They'll tweak the time between events if the data tells them to.

I have two questions:
1. The current cycle lists two 'limited time missions'... Can you give us more detail?

2. Sorta goes along with #1... It appears the epic boss event is not scheduled this month, is this a permanent change to the game?

1. I don't have any more details at this time

2. Nope, epic bosses will be back soon.

I have 4 accounts why do you favor ios compared to android?

We don't favor either OS, it's just that Android is somewhat fragmented as it can be played on a wide variety of devices. Sometimes there are specific issues with a certain OS version or device so it takes more time to correct those issues. Then when those issues are corrected, sometimes there are other issues introduced and that's how you end up with bugs on Android but not iOS.

Farticus
01-23-2014, 04:22 PM
I have filed many tickets in the past on this issue - I am a player using an older android phone - T-Mobile G2 - I am unable to effectively use any LE buildings. I can buy them (but cannot see the footprint to place them which makes it difficult)but then cannot see them to collect from them. I had buildings that I could not collect from for months - 2 mad scientist buildings. I recently ported the account to a new phone (iphone 5s) where I have no problems. 2 Questions:

1. Will Gree fix the issue on the android as I have a child who is playing on old android?
2. Will Gree reimburse me for uncollected money in some way shape or form for all the time I was unable to collect from 2 mad scientist buildings? (gold would be nice - or game cash or combination - my id is 374-601-329)

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Farticus

01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
I would like to see an auto refill button for big battles you can manually turn on and off would be great for droid users considering it scrolls us to the top every time we hit some one

thundarr
01-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Is Kindle going to be supported above version 3.8.2.1

Is something going to be done about penalizing long time players in the Epic Boss Event by making level 151+ not so difficult or making 151-200 + 201-250 + 251-300 tiers. Its not fair to long time players who didn't know it was wrong to raise your level and there is no turning back. I realize you are trying to interest new players but not at theexpense of those you have been playing a long time.

Bravo Zulu
01-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Would you mind passing along another piece of info to the developers. Another complication of the matching system during WD is that under the current match it become more and more difficult to add new players. I don't mean additional, I mean people who haven't been playing the game for long. In factions that currently have high level high stat members, adding someone with say level 80 and high average stats becomes problematic. They get pounced on sometimes to the tune of 250-300 losses in one battle. The issue is that they suffer terrible stat loss when this happens. Usually their hospital is not fully upgraded because boost and money buildings are more of a priority to join a faction in the first place. Is there a way to start minimizing the unit loss, say, when you hit a certain number of losses?

Also- would you guys (all of you who work on MW) consider joining us for one war weekend only? If you spread the employees out across different tier factions, and played with us one time, I think that the major issues people complain about will become clear. While I don't think this will change the game as a whole, I think that two things will happen: first, you will have the benefit of being able to see the game from both your and our perspectives. Second, it might spark some creative insight into what changes you think are relevant and how you might apply those changes. It would be great PR for you guys to interact with some of us, and a great morale booster for people who have hung in there and are really invested in the game. I think you guys might have some fun with your customers and you game too! Will you mention this?

Boarder21
01-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone. Trying something new and if it seems that you guys are interested, we can try to do this every 2 weeks or so.

Ask me any questions you want over the next 6 hours and I'll try to answer as many as possible. You can ask me about Modern War, about GREE, about myself, about movies, food, whatever you want. I will try to answer as many questions as possible (chosen at my discretion). Also, if you want to ask me to fix something with your account, please submit a support a ticket instead :)

Some background: I worked at Funzio for about a month before we were acquired by GREE. I help out with Modern War, Crime City, Kingdom Age, Knights & Dragons, and Beyond the Dead.

My favorite game of all time is Diablo II. I'm playing Hearthstone on PC right now.

So... what's up?

So I started using the forums for MW last week and I got my account going (obviously) but I cant start my own new thread. Why is that? I was to be able to start threads to get what people think about my ideas or questions I have. One is that we have a spot in the allies list to search your friends name because when I go to visit my friends I can never find them on the allies list.

Thank you for your help!

goober
01-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Are there any plans to change the penalties against leveling up (WD points, epic boss health)?
Currently you encourage players to not play their accounts. Skip events (and not spend) in order to avoid xp

damcv62
01-23-2014, 05:22 PM
I've enjoyed the game for the most part. But it's getting less and less fun. I work hard to make the most of the gold I have gotten, and I'm willing to admit I've spent more then a couple of thousand dollars on this game. But I'm screwed because my main account is 296. I'm not a member of SUP, so don't have 20mil attack. The epic boss doubled in health this last time. I understand that some players gain 40% attack every war because they are part of the top ten teams, but I'm not. So if you do what some ask and change the epic boss to more lvls instead of just 151+, it won't help me or a number of other players who have been here for years playing because we did missions before faction events even took place and didn't know lvling was bad. Do you have any plans to correct this or should I just give up now?

knuckk
01-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Are their any plans on changing the point algorithm for war I understand it is very loose but penalizing your longest standing customers for having a high level can't b profitable .... Any talks in the pipeline of changing this?

01-23-2014, 05:43 PM
You don't have to be sup for that I'm not in sup or ferr and I have 80 mil attack

Greasy
01-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Do game developers in Gree get a bonus/commission check base on the revenue of the particular game they're responsible for ?

I don't know
01-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Do you guys still support transfers between droid and iOS or vice versa?

sirdirty11
01-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Do you guys still support transfers between droid and iOS or vice versa?

Do a forum search. This functionality was confirmed and working via in game transfer. This code was re-enabled a few months back.

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Are you working on ways to reduce the penalty for leveling up? Effectively, because of WD points, the ridiculous increase in epic both health players are encouraged to not play their account. Skip LTQs and carefully think about other events to avoid the xp gained. It seems like a system designed to discourage play also discourages spending.

Why do you still tolerate cheating players installing old android versions to access the energy glitch that was fixed in 3.9 and to build old LE buildings not currently available?

1. We are discussing it though there aren't any really front runners for changes right now. We do agree that we need to make being higher level more rewarding than it currently is.

2. It takes several updates before we can designate a force-update version that players have to at least be updated to. Even still, because of the way we push out data, most of the time there will be one LE building still available on these old versions.

1. Will Gree fix the issue on the android as I have a child who is playing on old android?
2. Will Gree reimburse me for uncollected money in some way shape or form for all the time I was unable to collect from 2 mad scientist buildings?

1. Unfortunately as the game has developed over time we optimize the game for newer devices now (less than 2 years old). When we do this, older devices suffer, but the only way we can add in all these new features is by designing the game for devices with more memory and processing power available.

2. We don't usually offer compensation for players missing building collections or missing events.

Is Kindle going to be supported above version 3.8.2.1

Is something going to be done about penalizing long time players in the Epic Boss Event by making level 151+ not so difficult or making 151-200 + 201-250 + 251-300 tiers.

Both of these were answered a page or two ago.

Would you mind passing along another piece of info to the developers. Another complication of the matching system during WD is that under the current match it become more and more difficult to add new players. I don't mean additional, I mean people who haven't been playing the game for long. In factions that currently have high level high stat members, adding someone with say level 80 and high average stats becomes problematic. They get pounced on sometimes to the tune of 250-300 losses in one battle. The issue is that they suffer terrible stat loss when this happens. Usually their hospital is not fully upgraded because boost and money buildings are more of a priority to join a faction in the first place. Is there a way to start minimizing the unit loss, say, when you hit a certain number of losses?

Also- would you guys (all of you who work on MW) consider joining us for one war weekend only? If you spread the employees out across different tier factions, and played with us one time, I think that the major issues people complain about will become clear. While I don't think this will change the game as a whole, I think that two things will happen: first, you will have the benefit of being able to see the game from both your and our perspectives. Second, it might spark some creative insight into what changes you think are relevant and how you might apply those changes. It would be great PR for you guys to interact with some of us, and a great morale booster for people who have hung in there and are really invested in the game. I think you guys might have some fun with your customers and you game too! Will you mention this?

Thanks for the very detailed feedback. I do understand the frustration from the first situation you listed. I don't believe the casualty rate will be tweaked very much going forward though as we've reached a sort of sweetspot right now with them.

That second idea actually seems really cool and I definitely think we could all benefit from actually participating in the event and experiencing all the trials and tribulations first-hand. Though everyone on the team is super busy, I think the experience would be valuable. I can try to see if the engineers can fit it into their busy schedules, though there are no guarantees as they're already working non-stop.

So I started using the forums for MW last week and I got my account going (obviously) but I cant start my own new thread. Thank you for your help!

You have to make a certain amount of posts before you can post a topic. I think it's set at 10?

Are their any plans on changing the point algorithm for war I understand it is very loose but penalizing your longest standing customers for having a high level can't b profitable .... Any talks in the pipeline of changing this?

They tweak this fairly often though not in a large way. I agree that the way it currently works penalizes higher level players, which is not ideal, but there's no current better option in the works.

Do game developers in Gree get a bonus/commission check base on the revenue of the particular game they're responsible for ?

No we don't get bonuses based on the revenue of the game haha. That'd be unfair to the teams who are supporting our smaller, newer titles!

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Thanks for all the questions everyone! I have a lot of feedback that I'm going to compile and share with the rest of our teams and I'll also use what you guys have said to try to streamline our information process. The more information I have from the engineers, the more information you guys will have from me, and I think we need more information in general.

I'll be doing another Q&A session in 2 weeks and I'll hopefully have a few updates on some stuff we talked about today.

Bravo Zulu
01-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all the questions everyone! I have a lot of feedback that I'm going to compile and share with the rest of our teams and I'll also use what you guys have said to try to streamline our information process. The more information I have from the engineers, the more information you guys will have from me, and I think we need more information in general.

I'll be doing another Q&A session in 2 weeks and I'll hopefully have a few updates on some stuff we talked about today.

P.s. I know you guys are super busy but remind them there is a reason we all play. You guys have created a great game. Despite some frustrations, the weekend of play with us will no doubt be a blast! ;)

01-23-2014, 06:28 PM
P's please give some thought to the auto refill button for wd. would increase the amount of gold spent by droid users by 50% during wd I promise

Ivan the Dictator
01-23-2014, 06:59 PM
You said it would be 6 hours. You only did it for 5 hours.

Curt shumock
01-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Is the TOF's coming back and are we going to keep both boss missions or just raid boss? I hope both

Cow
01-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Wow I was pleasantly surprised to see this-great job!

Now lets hope to see some follow through :)

TheOracle
01-23-2014, 07:13 PM
You said it would be 6 hours. You only did it for 5 hours.

I got hungry.

Bravo Zulu
01-23-2014, 07:22 PM
I got hungry.

I think this is gonna be fun. I like you already. Lol

Gen. Jaden
01-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Hey first off I want to say that the amount to repeat questions were astounding!

My last question is; How many people are on the Modern War dev/programmer team in total, everyone included?

Dickweed
01-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Of course a thank you to TheOracle, and also a thank all those who posted. I think everybody was easy enough on him that he may actually return in two weeks (just say no to troll). Over 5000 views at the time of this post so I would like to urge those of you who have followed along and have a very good question none of us had thought of to please post next time.

mreilly
01-23-2014, 09:06 PM
I got hungry.

haha best answer.

I'd like to know if your in any beyond the dead alliance. I assume no if you can't be in MW.

goober
01-23-2014, 09:25 PM
I got hungry.
Thank you! We are hungry for information - as you can see by how many people took you up on the opportunity! This is a great step in communicating. And, I really appreciate the straight forward, honest answers.

We all know the game is popular and played by new players in part because it is labeled "play for free!" but we also know Gree is a business and needs to earn revenue and profit. Part of the negativity expressed in many forum posts is the feeling that somehow you are trying to fool us or trick us. This balancing act between the marketing benefit of being seen as a free game vs. the reality of needing to pay to access features is tricky for you to get right and very easy to set off the emotional reaction of consumers who feel the price is being changed on them unfairly. I like how you simply describe what's been obvious for a while, that you watch how we (players) react and adjust based on the data. Thank you

Mw addict
01-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Why the Xp instead of units or valor even though some players hate valor we already get Xp for hitting the target then you give it to us as a reward

Mcdoc
01-23-2014, 11:59 PM
I got hungry.Somebody got the mUnchies - LoL

PS - could you tell us roughly how many player accounts exits ? Like - is it 3 million accounts ? Also how many factions ? Just curious to know for bragging rights - ie - out of 6800 factions - we finished X - or - my top 10 finish represents the top 600 players out of X million - just for stat dropping when I am explaining to my wife why I feel like I actually accomplished something after a long weekend of war :)

Dutchie
01-24-2014, 12:11 AM
The 6 hours when I'm sleep... oh well maybe another time huh

I am a cow!
01-24-2014, 12:22 AM
I got hungry.

Wow I'm hungry too! What'd u have? I had a double quarter pounder yes beef :D and for dinner had buffalo wings and a mini Hawaiin pizza mmmmm

CJ54
01-24-2014, 12:37 AM
Somebody got the mUnchies - LoL

PS - could you tell us roughly how many player accounts exits ? Like - is it 3 million accounts ? Also how many factions ? Just curious to know for bragging rights - ie - out of 6800 factions - we finished X - or - my top 10 finish represents the top 600 players out of X million - just for stat dropping when I am explaining to my wife why I feel like I actually accomplished something after a long weekend of war :)

We're very food-focused over here.

Not to horn in on The Oracle's thread here, but in regards to the number of players/factions, TO and I don't have that number on-hand but it is a ton. Do you remember when WD first started last year, and we had a 10k tier? Before we had to lower it because the reward script was choking the server like a kudzu vine? That 10k number was chosen based on the number of active factions created between the launch of the faction system and the WD mechanic, and it still wasn't meant to reward *everyone* (most factions, yes, but we still wanted to encourage participation). Things haven't changed too much.

Farticus
01-24-2014, 12:44 AM
Why aren't the intel folders dropping? I am on an iphone 5s and have gone through the whole normal ltq and the first 3 levels of prestige ltq and only have 6 intel folders to show. I haven't seen a folder for quite some time now and just completed the 1st 3 levels of prestige without seeing any folders. Are you guys going to give everyone folders again?

Stumps
01-24-2014, 01:07 AM
I love this thread... Awesome work.

In the title picture is the oracle the person with the glasses and sirius the guy with the rifle?

I am a cow!
01-24-2014, 01:13 AM
I love this thread... Awesome work.

In the title picture is the oracle the person with the glasses and sirius the guy with the rifle?

Where link pls if u can thx :) I can't seem to find it but I like guns :)

krabbie
01-24-2014, 02:08 AM
First of all, thank you for the opportunity to ask questions directly. I think this will create a better understanding between the developers and the players, and through it a better game for all.
My question regards World Domination. To be precise the future of it. I think a lot of us long-time players really enjoyed the feature when it was first introduced. The whole faction aspect and fighting other teams definitely meant a giant leap for the game experience. Nowadays however world domination is getting a little old. The boost units are still great to get, but the experience is not what it used to be. With intel groups (yes, we did this ourselves), match-up issues (tiny teams with major players, thus unbeatable), and very short times between events, the fun is gone for me. I don’t think WD can continue this way for half a year and definitely not around the WD-globe.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this and am sure you guys are already working on improving the WD Experience!

Spetsnaz
01-24-2014, 02:12 AM
This thread was awesome. Glad to see you guys doing this. It will help both us and the developers make this game better.

krabbie
01-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Second question: will there be a new tier in the Epic boss-events? Above level 150 we now have a big division in strengths of players. Would be nice to have a new tier start at 200 and 250 for example

Dutchie
01-24-2014, 02:16 AM
Finally finished reading the thread and I must commend TO on his new initiative to communicate and be more open with the customer base. If you can do this on a regular basis, bi-weekly would be great, then I think it will go a long way to improve customer relations. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and hopefully GREE will see the benefits of continuing this excellent initiative.

Jesse21
01-24-2014, 02:57 AM
Yeah this was great. The question if multiple hits at the same time on a wd target affecting points has been a major topic of debate on my team. Now that we have a definitive answer we can all be on the same page and reduce stress. Not
knowing answers is the worst. I would much rather have an answer I hate than not know. Thank a lot!!

mickymacirl
01-24-2014, 08:27 AM
1. When are skill points going to be useful again?
2. When is the raid % going to be modified for the new inflated stats model?
3. Are there any plans to add new cash faction boosts and when will the gold faction boost option be enabled?

Thanks.

elangomatt
01-24-2014, 09:30 AM

They are not completely blocked from coming back as prizes but they are on the limited list so they will come less frequently. Our game design team's plans are constantly changing so I wouldn't be able to tell you when the next time they'll show back up is even if I wanted to.

I know this probably won't get answered at all since this thread is from yesterday but...

Would it be possible to put up the old +energy units up as rewards again? We already know that having more than one unit with an energy bonus means that the bonus does not stack. If someone missed out on the energy bonus unit before then they can now get that unit. If someone got that unit in the past then receiving a second copy of the same unit wouldn't benefit them at all. I know it isn't the best situation for the people that received the unit in the past, but at least it would help some players get more energy regen.

So many events are energy dependent these days that it is just really hard getting anything done when your energy regen is +3 or even +5 per minute.

Sumiala
01-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Lock & Sticky
as far as I'm concerned... Very much appreciated this Q&A. Kudos to TO and anyone else involved.

Omar_
01-24-2014, 10:04 AM
yes, nice thread

Thief
01-29-2014, 12:20 PM

Late to the Party but you did a LTQ once before where you had to raid opponents different buildings! It was hard to do but at the same time it was an absolute blast as well.

One thing to keep in mind is the 24/48 hour buildings are rather difficult to find so adjust accordingly so that people who are active can still complete if they work at it hard.

One option might be to give alternate objectives. Raid 40 Supply Depots or Raid 20 Military Markets? (obviously for most that would be a simple choice but you get the idea)

Generik79
01-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Keep in mind that from the eyes of a game designer, most prioritized features are ones that:
1. Affect a lot of players
2. Would increase enjoyment of the game rather than just add convenience
3. Would lead to more spending

Cmon Oracle bro---let's keep it real. You got the order reversed here.

00JUMBO
01-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Hey Oracle, I made a thread about this a month or so ago, Would it be possible to re-release the anniversary centre but
say give it a new look and make it more expensive than last time? I'm Not talking about re-releasing le buildings, but as the anniversary was recently, for many players who have been playing a long time the events run were pretty much inaccessible in their rewards (free players I mean). For some of us free players all we have to our name is our IPH and so would a anniversary 2.0

2. Is There an inventory system coming anytime down the line (like sort via stats, time since you got the unit etc to make finding units better)

3. Would it be possible to implement something where you can search for your allies in your ally list, or at least allow you to have ones you visit regulary on your first page instead of needing to scroll for ages.

4. (youve kinda answered this already) but would it possible to get like a once every 3 months or maybe even one time reset of skill points? I know for lots of players including myself we all put into stamina and attack and defence points before the ltq's came out.

Thankyou!

Angel (85ss)
01-29-2014, 01:02 PM
When EPIC BOSS event is on, In android, will you guys ever fix the glitch that doesn't let you see the list of contributors? i mean that the names come up multiple times.
thank you in advance for having this thread, its great for the community =D

Adm.J
01-29-2014, 01:53 PM
This ship has sailed guys.

2000y2k
01-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Why not make all the LTQ buildings available to purchase for gold for players that never purchased them with game cash?