PDA

View Full Version : Raid Boss: To Farm or to Fight?

ExtremeP7
01-21-2014, 07:17 PM
I'll start by saying this: Folders are going to be in short supply when this event starts next week. In what I can only imagine is a continued effort to marginalize casual players, GREE has seemingly created another event that can only truly be participated in through the use of gold. To me it seems as if they have been on a mission to burn out their player base in this game for awhile, and the current setup of this event will hasten that process. I hope that there will be a bit of an uproar about the folders again, and a slightly better drop rate by the next event. This is the way GREE works, big pendelum swings so that when the dust settles and the pendulum stops somewhere that would have otherwise seemed outrageous, it no longer seems as bad as it would have had they just made the change forthright.

I digress.... to my question(s) at hand: With limited folders, what's the best strategy? To make this hypothetical situation a bit more elaborate, let's say you have enough folders to finish the first two faction goals, but not the third. I don't have the info from last event, but does the faction stand to improve their stats more by completing the two faction goals, or would you be better off simply farming units off of high level bosses?

Thoughts?

DTA-HOG
01-21-2014, 10:33 PM
The only units worth farming are the ones from the level 100 bosses. To best take advantage of the new boss event, it's best to get in a faction that is going to finish the event. You will receive great units by completing goals as well as great loot prizes from all the level 100 bosses you will encounter. I went up over a million in stats this last time. Everyone in my faction donated 200 folders. Gree gave us 100 and most of us bought the other 100 to avoid all that raiding for next to no folders. This is minimal amount of money for a million in stats.

If you are dead set on gold free, than I would just do the faction goals as you will also get loot items from completing everyone of those goals. Best of luck to ya bro...

Mr. Artois
01-21-2014, 11:51 PM
It's cheaper for a team of 60 to buy 400 folders per player, complete the event and farm with the rest of the folders. It sure is cheaper and less time consuming than spending two vaults of gold to complete 100 bosses.

VSH
01-22-2014, 03:24 AM
The only units worth farming are the ones from the level 100 bosses....

I'm not sure I agree with that one mate. Depends on your level, strength, size of team, etc.

We are a mid range team, and we could only complete up to about level 28ish on the thrid Raid Boss challenge. The level 95 and 100 bosses were just too much for us! Fair play to anyone that could deal with them though, especially within the 15 minutes.

As FL I took the decision for us to stop the challenge and start farming making best use of remaining folders, time available, and the 'reward %' for super rare, etc. We decided to repeatedly hit level 55 bosses which we managed to get through quickly whilst sharing throughout the team. Most of us were picking up good units, often the super rare with 3K stats.

Maybe for you and your crew thats not good enough. But us mere mortals, these were plenty good! We also boosted stats of over 500K as an average through the team and were happy enough with that.
Its rather subjective, and each team has to make best use of resources. We arent all part of the elite bunch, lol.:)

aBigDek
01-22-2014, 07:32 AM
VSH....smart play! We had our minis "ride" with us through the normal goals when we had to bring in more big hitters. All of our LLPs and MLPs then went and just spent 2 days calling up lvl 50-75 bosses. They all gained great units and honestly had a lot more fun than we did taking out those last 30+ lvl 100 bosses. We did go through over 10k folders though!

LCDR2012
01-22-2014, 08:01 AM
Yes I agree, I'm in a fairly strong faction but when we get up to the 95 and 100ish the effort is two much. We went with goals until they got too time consuming or difficult and then we farmed, level 75 we could knock out one every 20 minutes or so and picked up a lot of good units some very rare.

DTA-HOG
01-22-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure I agree with that one mate. Depends on your level, strength, size of team, etc.

We are a mid range team, and we could only complete up to about level 28ish on the thrid Raid Boss challenge. The level 95 and 100 bosses were just too much for us! Fair play to anyone that could deal with them though, especially within the 15 minutes.

As FL I took the decision for us to stop the challenge and start farming making best use of remaining folders, time available, and the 'reward %' for super rare, etc. We decided to repeatedly hit level 55 bosses which we managed to get through quickly whilst sharing throughout the team. Most of us were picking up good units, often the super rare with 3K stats.

Maybe for you and your crew thats not good enough. But us mere mortals, these were plenty good! We also boosted stats of over 500K as an average through the team and were happy enough with that.
Its rather subjective, and each team has to make best use of resources. We arent all part of the elite bunch, lol.:)

You guys have some awesome luck bro. What was the odds on a rare at level 55? 2%? Anyways... I will admit that the last day we constantly had a 75-80-85-90-95 boss going at all times and did rather well, but I did leave for a few hours to help another faction with the 15level 100 bosses and gained nearly a hundred thou in just a few hours. Not too shabby I must say. I did have to use gold to get 2 hits on him to make the minimum to get a prize.

SevenO9
01-22-2014, 12:18 PM
The level 100 bosses 33% chance for top tier units dwarfs everything else. If your team has the firepower to kill them, do it.

free play
01-22-2014, 12:23 PM
U can be sure that gree will stop the farming just like prestageing, I'd say what ever goal you are on will trigger the boss with the right amount of folders used, gree wants us to spend money on this so don't be surprised if farming is gone, gree are great at learning from there mistakes and changing before the next event, that's when it comes to making money, folders will cost more for less of them two.

SevenO9
01-22-2014, 12:32 PM
People actually spent gold for farming them. Well we sure did. Best ROI ever.

DTA-HOG
01-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Why would someone spend gold and gain XP by farming folders when they can buy them for a bar a piece? What is your energy cost per folder on your target and how many XP do you gain if I may ask?

Kefa
01-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Why would someone spend gold and gain XP by farming folders when they can buy them for a bar a piece? What is your energy cost per folder on your target and how many XP do you gain if I may ask?

I believe they mean farming bosses, not farming folders. As in, buying folders with gold, then triggering Lv100 raid boss just to get the loot units from the Lv100 bosses (farming), which are pretty darn good.

No XP is gained from killing raid bosses, only from achieving the faction goals.

SevenO9
01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
What he said ...

Sumiala
01-22-2014, 02:06 PM
U can be sure that gree will stop the farming just like prestageing, I'd say what ever goal you are on will trigger the boss with the right amount of folders used, gree wants us to spend money on this so don't be surprised if farming is gone, gree are great at learning from there mistakes and changing before the next event, that's when it comes to making money, folders will cost more for less of them two.

"gree are great at learning from there [sic] mistakes".
Funny...

ExtremeP7
01-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the opinions guys. Another question, did anyone compile a list of rewards for the last Raid Boss? I'm looking primarily for the the goal units and the loot items for boss levels 80 and above (and likelihood of loot item dropped).

"Cracking knuckles"

I'm getting ready to do some math~

free play
01-22-2014, 03:02 PM
"gree are great at learning from there [sic] mistakes".
Funny...

That's mistakes that don't fill there coffers, normal game play mistakes, they haven't got a clue how to fix, but when it comes to them loosing out on revanue due to a hole in the event or what ever, it's fixed next time round

DTA-HOG
01-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Man... I am an idiot. I even commented on this thread yesterday. What the heck was I thinking? Maybe my helmet is on too tight! lol

BIG DH
01-22-2014, 08:45 PM

Most teams can't farm bosses without gold, gree will never put a stop to something like that. Farm away boys

free play
01-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Most teams can't farm bosses without gold, gree will never put a stop to something like that. Farm away boys

You could be right, we will see in a week, most teams will find the best lvl to farm and go with that, can't see many teams using gold on hitting the boss for a gamble on a drop prize but I can see gold been spent to buy folders to finish the event or to farm the best lvl they can finish, pity there isn't a bookies running here, there would be some interesting bets on what gree will do nxt,

DFI
01-23-2014, 04:02 AM
You could be right, we will see in a week, most teams will find the best lvl to farm and go with that, can't see many teams using gold on hitting the boss for a gamble on a drop prize but I can see gold been spent to buy folders to finish the event or to farm the best lvl they can finish, pity there isn't a bookies running here, there would be some interesting bets on what gree will do nxt,

The avg top 25 faction gained at least 2 million in stats from the event, while the avg top ten 3+ million (these figures are confirmed). This tells me that a top five should have gained at least 5-10 million in stats. I had one player in my lv gain 10 million, and so he's no longer a BP buddy....

free play
01-23-2014, 04:15 AM
The avg top 25 faction gained at least 2 million in stats from the event, while the avg top ten 3+ million (these figures are confirmed). This tells me that a top five should have gained at least 5-10 million in stats. I had one player in my lv gain 10 million, and so he's no longer a BP buddy....

We are a 250 faction and we gained between 600k to 1.3 mil, depending on our bonuses, if would be nice to do that again, I just can't see gree leaving all the bosses open to farm, I hope I'm wrong, we only got to lvl 33/36 with 30 hours left so we farmed lvl 95. Knowing then out every 20 to 30 mins. Hope to finish the next one but with the big raise in strength on the last epic boss, it will be the same sort of raise for the raid boss, may have to look for help when we get to lvl 100 boss

DFI
01-23-2014, 04:26 AM
It would be a bummer if gree raised the health to the epic level, but I still think the stronger factions will finish the event within the first two days, then farm until the end. Unfortunately, the gap will get only wider if this happens, but what the hell, none of us have a prayer to catch the top teams, so I'm just going to enjoy the game. I must admit, the event was fun, and we actually got better participation for the event vs those who showed up for war. Figure that one....

free play
01-23-2014, 04:38 AM
It would be a bummer if gree raised the health to the epic level, but I still think the stronger factions will finish the event within the first two days, then farm until the end. Unfortunately, the gap will get only wider if this happens, but what the hell, none of us have a prayer to catch the top teams, so I'm just going to enjoy the game. I must admit, the event was fun, and we actually got better participation for the event vs those who showed up for war. Figure that one....

So true, for us it's about staying in the 200 to 300 range, a bit of a panic at the start for the first 2 hours, some had a lvl 100, 95 and a 5 boss summoned at the start, we where all over the place but then flew through them, I think one lvl 95 got away, bad timing for that one, how far did you get on the event

DFI
01-23-2014, 06:22 AM
Luckily we completed the event but we had the aid of several gold users who knocked down the level 100 bosses.

Bone Daddy
01-23-2014, 06:33 AM
sorry, i really should not read in this forum anymore as threads like this vex me.

Why do people still not understand, Gree is a business, and businesses need to make money. Do you go into a bar and expect to drink for free everynight? (bar sluts are the only people exempt from paying in cash, but they pay in STDs).

Sorry "free players", enjoy the occasional free drink at the bar, but you can't drink in my bar for free every day.

rant over.

Bobar
01-23-2014, 06:39 AM
sorry, i really should not read in this forum anymore as threads like this vex me.

Why do people still not understand, Gree is a business, and businesses need to make money. Do you go into a bar and expect to drink for free everynight? (bar sluts are the only people exempt from paying in cash, but they pay in STDs).

Sorry "free players", enjoy the occasional free drink at the bar, but you can't drink in my bar for free every day.

rant over.

if itīs a freeium game (playstore even says a free one), there should be playable free parts. more than build buildings only

Bone Daddy
01-23-2014, 06:51 AM
This is a question, as my rant is over.

Is there really a free game out there? I don't download enough game apps, but don't almost all have some form of elevated play for money, i.e. the development company has to make money somehow? I know some have annoying banners/advertisements, and you can pay for an upgrade to make those go away.

Just a thought.

free play
01-23-2014, 08:08 AM

rant over.

What has this post got to do with what is being said is this tread, nobody said anything about it been free, quite the opposite is been said here, if coarse it will cost to play the raid boss, this tread is about what to spend the gold on, farming or finishing the event,

Read the posts

MadAtWorld
01-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Many of the top teams and larger stat players, at least from my faction and friends, answered calls for help to complete level 100 bosses, especially the timed ones. My advice: plan carefully. Know from the beginning your factions capability and what level boss Yoh can manage. Schedule the harder ones. For instance, post to your entire faction you will be calling level 95 bosses starting at xx:xx. That way they can plan to be there. We made sure we counted up the total number of folders needed for the LTQ and had team members responsible for their share. It is also best to start meeting these higher stats players or at least knowing where to find them as early as possible. It can be a win/win situation for both. You are able to get your LTQ finished and they get an extra lvl 100 without paying folders. Best of luck to everyone.

redman
01-23-2014, 09:46 AM
sup farmed raid bosses since they finished the event in about 4 hours on that friday. Since that time they farmed level 100 bosses until the end of the event every 20 mins. I have seen 12M stat rises and more on some of their players.

That should be your answer. If you have lots of folders and can plow through quickly, then go for it.