PDA

View Full Version : Recruit and boot

Jesse21
01-21-2014, 06:41 PM
It so frustrating trying to build a stronger team sometimes. We have strong players and gold spenders but when we post it's just not attracting the caliber we want. A lot of people we get are FAR to low and others are strong enough but don't hit the mark. I don't want to recruit here, but I am asking that some of the higher level top 100-150 ish players review my posts in the recruitment area and provide me feedback on what will make our team seem more attractive.

yan840016765
01-22-2014, 06:17 AM
It so frustrating trying to build a stronger team sometimes. We have strong players and gold spenders but when we post it's just not attracting the caliber we want. A lot of people we get are FAR to low and others are strong enough but don't hit the mark. I don't want to recruit here, but I am asking that some of the higher level top 100-150 ish players review my posts in the recruitment area and provide me feedback on what will make our team seem more attractive.

Cross the heavy gold users.... Oh, wait a min, that is the key point of your recruitment post.

InglouriousBastard
01-22-2014, 07:21 AM
How about giving more information...
form of communication?
add your tier to the title (eg top150)
i guess you need a stat/lvl ratio as well
write down the bonuses your faction already bought

just a few things which might help a bit...

lol i just saw them in your signature.
edit the sig: you don't need heavy gold spender to achieve 35k...
no chat app? really? how do you communicate?

Arc Burn
01-22-2014, 07:24 AM
So you use in game chat only? I personally wouldn't join a faction that only used that antiquated form of communication. Not bashing just a point. Same thing with no donation requirements. Unless a team has maxed bonuses, a requirement gives people goals and no one person shoulders the burden of donating.

A side note: I think IPH based donations are better than a set number. Fair for all.

EDIT: I also agree with the "Heavy gold spenders" line. might run some people off and as stated by others no gold is needed for 35k

Jesse21
01-22-2014, 07:31 AM
Thank you for looking I appreciate your input. I will bring it back to my team.

free play
01-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Notting wrong with the game chat, chat apps waiste time, just as easy if not easier to use the ingame chat, we have for a long time now and it works great, tried other apps but to no avail.

Your add is fine, it's hard to recruit, it's hit and miss, when you join a faction the first thing you see is where the faction was ranked, some times it puts the high lvl off and sometimes the low lvl like it.

But lately with the streak teams it may not show the full potental of the faction.

We have had one leave in 4 months but kicked out about 4 in that time, we have some that take a look and leave after a few hours but most stay,

Jesse21
01-22-2014, 08:01 AM
The only quits we had were people who retired. But we have had like7 boots in two wars

Arc Burn
01-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Notting wrong with the game chat, chat apps waiste time, just as easy if not easier to use the ingame chat, we have for a long time now and it works great, tried other apps but to no avail.

Glad it works for you. The thought of posting a list of intel and coordinating wall/DL/scouting assignments makes me cringe. But hey, whatever works. We all have our own preferences and opinions, that's what makes it fun.

free play
01-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Glad it works for you. The thought of posting a list of intel and coordinating wall/DL/scouting assignments makes me cringe. But hey, whatever works. We all have our own preferences and opinions, that's what makes it fun.

We are prity organized so there's never an overload on the chat, sure would it not be the same using a some other chat,

bergmystr
01-22-2014, 08:40 AM
My personal feeling is the type of person you are looking for is already part of a relatively good and strong faction. Since these things have been around for a while now (almost a year? maybe more) the strong or good people have mostly settled down. It almost seems as though if you're not advertising a top 500 or so faction you do not have a shot at extremely active people. Now this is not to say that there aren't goods ones out there, it's just getting very hard to find at this point.

With that being said I was able to pull 3 really good people in the last couple of weeks (husband, wife and LLP), but I somehow got lucky with them and they stumbled into my faction.

Well....I should have read your signature first.... You are trying to pull from a much smaller pool than I am. You may have to be patient with the ones who do come by and guide them along

DTA-HOG
01-22-2014, 11:06 AM
What attracts people is high placement in WD or wins/streaks accomplished. If you guys aren't doing so hot in these areas then it is best to get people by befriending them. Have your team go through the rivals list and look for the kind of people you are after. Send them a few friendly messages and then tell them you are looking for a few extra people like themselves to add to your army. A little courtesy goes a long way in this game. A lot of these factions have no comms. If you make them feel like a family, they will ditch their current scenario and come join you.

CBK
01-22-2014, 03:42 PM
I am having similar struggles with recruiting, but I think what I am trying to recruit for is even harder due to us trying to build a strong faction from scratch. Below is the post that I have been using and I too would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

We just started rebuilding a faction after our leader kicked everyone out and kept the faction for himself. We were a top 100 faction for a long time and are hoping to get back up there at some point. My stats are 7milA/10MilD. We have a few others that are a little higher, a few that are the same, and a few that are a little lower. We're currently also using our minis, but hope to build up fast to the point where we wont need them (however, some of our minis are pretty strong). we started about 3 weeks ago and here are our current bonuses:

Health Regen: -26%
Infantry Attack: +10%
Infantry Defense: +35%
Ground Defense: +25%
Air Defense: +20%
Sea Defense: +25%
Building Defense: +30%
Building Output:: +25%
Guild Member Increase: +4

Let me know what you think.

GroupMe is a must.

Omar_
01-22-2014, 05:03 PM
This seems to be a problem for all serious players.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-22-2014, 05:05 PM
I am having similar struggles with recruiting, but I think what I am trying to recruit for is even harder due to us trying to build a strong faction from scratch. Below is the post that I have been using and I too would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

We just started rebuilding a faction after our leader kicked everyone out and kept the faction for himself. We were a top 100 faction for a long time and are hoping to get back up there at some point. My stats are 7milA/10MilD. We have a few others that are a little higher, a few that are the same, and a few that are a little lower. We're currently also using our minis, but hope to build up fast to the point where we wont need them (however, some of our minis are pretty strong). we started about 3 weeks ago and here are our current bonuses:

Health Regen: -26%
Infantry Attack: +10%
Infantry Defense: +35%
Ground Defense: +25%
Air Defense: +20%
Sea Defense: +25%
Building Defense: +30%
Building Output:: +25%
Guild Member Increase: +4

Let me know what you think.

GroupMe is a must.

It appears too wordy! use the least words possible. split the sentences up into small bite sized paragraphs like you see in news papers. The 'hook' is the first sentence in paragraph form, then comes the rest.

I found it hard to read passed the "just started rebuilding a faction"

I guess, I don't want to know about the just started rebuilding. That sounds like hard work if i am in a faction that is already been built. I guess I might think; do I really want to go through that again?

Then it was impossible to read beyond "our leader kicked everyone out". (this is not a hook, to get me to read on)

I would worry about how 'family like', supportive it is and would be concerned about power struggles and whether everyone is 'on the same page'. I wouldn't apply for that faction no matter what the ranking or bonuses. In fact I wouldn't bother looking at them and move on. Too uncertain. Players want certainty.

What would be wrong with saying that you are a young faction of powerful experienced players that has reached top 100. WOW! I'm reading on.

Then tell me about your 'mission/objectives/vision' and your 'values' (what binds you together, what is it you like about the people). Keep those to the point and one very short sentence each that's paragraphed. The less words the better.

If I like what I read and it seems to fit with what I would like, then you are on top of the list without looking further. In fact the bonuses and position may not even worry me now.

I want to be part of an up and coming team that work together and support each other, that has the experience because they have been there before and are supportive of each other and want to have fun. Now you have me 'hook line and sinker'.

Perhaps a statement that you have good bonuses and are building daily. To me that sounds like activity and a group focus rather than the chore of re-building. Perhaps something brief like we have a group of minis that ensure success for us in the epic boss events. (now I'm thinking there is smart leadership and players supporting. a real focus).

Now the faction number and I'm typing it in without going any further.

When I arrive I want to see what you have said with plenty of chatter and not find some broken shell full of disagreements with a leader that is not communicating and motivating or has not articulated the plan with a bunch of the semi-retired. I want activity and good clear communication as a group and lots of it.

That's my view, which does not mean its everyones.

thundarr
01-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Its not easy to recruit and keep good players. A top 150 faction doesn't get anyone except a new player. Players are looking for great bonuses and lots of units to increase their stats. I have 3 players 1 HLP and 2 LLP's (1 is unfortunately a Kindle). For my Android LLP I look for at least a top 150 faction and 1 that is finishing higher each campaign. For my useless Kindle player I am happy with any faction that will take me and I feel guilty taking up a slot since there is no Boss Event and almost never daily rewards.

Jesse21
01-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Thanks all for the advice. I reworded my listing and got a great player within minuets. Thanks for the support.