PDA

View Full Version : Hey GREE why are most weapons so heavily weighted toward attack stats now?

<3 Hz
01-21-2014, 03:37 PM
A perfect example of this is the current LTQ prize which is 160k att & 90 def.

I feel like my attack stats have grown really well, but defense has really stayed flat. Looks like I'm gonna be getting pummeled badly this war, but then again I'll have no trouble finding targets of my own.

It would just be nice to get things evened out again.

Guisseppe17
01-21-2014, 03:38 PM
It's all so newer players can increase their attack faster and be able to beat/rob people who have played for ages.

CJ54
01-21-2014, 03:43 PM
It's all so newer players can increase their attack faster and be able to beat/rob people who have played for ages.

No, we have answered this a few times. It has always been this way (uneven), and always will be this way. Attack is more common because if we bump defense up too much, it decreases the playerbase's ability to find targets. If people can't find enough people that they can potentially win against, they quit playing out of frustration since this is a pvp game. It's that simple. So defense remains rare (and valuable).

<3 Hz
01-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Some of the big gold spenders aren't liking it much because now they're being robbed by little gold spenders like myself.

I just nailed my friend earlier who easily spends 4-5x the amount I do & he was like "WTH, I'm getting robbed by you little miss tightwad!"

Guisseppe17
01-21-2014, 03:53 PM
No, we have answered this a few times. It has always been this way (uneven), and always will be this way. Attack is more common because if we bump defense up too much, it decreases the playerbase's ability to find targets. If people can't find enough people that they can potentially win against, they quit playing out of frustration since this is a pvp game. It's that simple. So defense remains rare (and valuable).
Exactly what I said...newer players join, and unless their attack is bolstered a lot and older players' defenses remain weak, they won't have targets to hit. It's how you guys keep newer players interested and also responsible for stat inflation. And all because y'all just want that extra dough....

Touch Down
01-21-2014, 03:59 PM

This is only a fraction of the frustration. The cost are the main source.

Let me ask y'all at Gree a question. How many vaults would you guys purchase to play this game per month?

CJ54
01-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Exactly what I said...newer players join, and unless their attack is bolstered a lot and older players' defenses remain weak, they won't have targets to hit. It's how you guys keep newer players interested and also responsible for stat inflation. And all because y'all just want that extra dough....

No, that is not what I said. Although that is something that can happen, but it doesn't happen all that quickly. It's not just about newer players, it would be the same if everyone had been playing for exactly the same length of time and suddenly the game turned into the equivalent of bumper cars. That wouldn't be very fun either.

RealTeflonDon
01-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Let me ask y'all at Gree a question. How many vaults would you guys purchase to play this game per month?

+1 for the lols

But you know that's the consumers job, not the developers.

Blowin Smoke
01-21-2014, 04:29 PM
This is only a fraction of the frustration. The cost are the main source.

+1 for the truth

candyson
01-21-2014, 07:04 PM
All these attack mods make war funner to me...
And no way I could've transitioned from top 100 into top 25 if it wasn't for these mods

Guisseppe17
01-21-2014, 07:22 PM
All these attack mods make war funner to me...
And no way I could've transitioned from top 100 into top 25 if it wasn't for these mods
Easy. Throw more of your income down the drain. Any top 25-er will recruit you then.

candyson
01-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Easy. Throw more of your income down the drain. Any top 25-er will recruit you then.
I don't have the cash to drop $100s on an LTQ...

Guisseppe17
01-21-2014, 07:30 PM
I don't have the cash to drop $100s on an LTQ...
No offense, but then how did you join a top 25 team? Those teams demand a crapload of gold spending just for wars, I'm sure you had to spend tons to keep up in stats.

Jclew
01-22-2014, 12:43 AM
No offense, but then how did you join a top 25 team? Those teams demand a crapload of gold spending just for wars, I'm sure you had to spend tons to keep up in stats.

Lol. The other thread he just posted in said get over it.. He cant make up his mind.. He doesn't have hundreds for an LTQ and is a top 25er but says get over it when others make comments about high game prices.

Zendfrim
01-22-2014, 10:45 AM
No, we have answered this a few times. It has always been this way (uneven), and always will be this way. Attack is more common because if we bump defense up too much, it decreases the playerbase's ability to find targets. If people can't find enough people that they can potentially win against, they quit playing out of frustration since this is a pvp game. It's that simple. So defense remains rare (and valuable).And this is what makes high spenders and high iph players quit out of frustration.

Defense should be a stat one can actively invest in, not just be some pathetic side effect. I have always said high IPH players should be able to affect their defense stat heavily. This is the reason this game sucks for a lot of folks, high spending and otherwise. If I want to make myself a fortress, I should be able to.

Again, another example of gree only considering one play style, and therefore, flushing this game down the toilet.

Here is YET ANOTHER IDEA YOU WON'T CONSIDER: try having some items with only attack. Make +1 upgrade mods purchaseable for a MODEST AMOUNT OF GOLD, to a limit of about 5, and ALSO make it so defense buildings act as defensive items. Make defense buildings SCALE to your ridiculous stat inflation by being percentage based, based on your attack. You could even mix a fixed number with a very small percentage, say .001%.

If I decide I want 100 million defense, I should be able to achieve it by investing resources at my disposal to do so, be it in game cash or real money. This isn't even counting my previous ideas for income.

Make your game better and stop screwing around.

Luv4UR Mom
01-22-2014, 11:13 AM

I think I speak on behalf of CJ54, when I say "No"

CJ54
01-22-2014, 11:30 AM
And this is what makes high spenders and high iph players quit out of frustration.

Defense should be a stat one can actively invest in, not just be some pathetic side effect. I have always said high IPH players should be able to affect their defense stat heavily. This is the reason this game sucks for a lot of folks, high spending and otherwise. If I want to make myself a fortress, I should be able to.

Again, another example of gree only considering one play style, and therefore, flushing this game down the toilet.

Here is YET ANOTHER IDEA YOU WON'T CONSIDER: try having some items with only attack. Make +1 upgrade mods purchaseable for a MODEST AMOUNT OF GOLD, to a limit of about 5, and ALSO make it so defense buildings act as defensive items. Make defense buildings SCALE to your ridiculous stat inflation by being percentage based, based on your attack. You could even mix a fixed number with a very small percentage, say .001%.

If I decide I want 100 million defense, I should be able to achieve it by investing resources at my disposal to do so, be it in game cash or real money. This isn't even counting my previous ideas for income.

If *some* people can make themselves a totally untouchable fortress that's one thing, if *everyone* can make themselves an untouchable fortress (easily) that turns things stale really rapidly. It was a very serious problem that actually existed in the early period of the game, this isn't just theory. Although from a social perspective, only some people able to do that is arguably worse.

That said, things ARE somewhat unbalanced right now in the other direction (depending on where you are in the general powerscale), and the new hood expansions are actually the first step in some changes that will include defense buildings being worth it again in the new environment. So some of what you are suggesting is already happening.

Jclew
01-22-2014, 11:35 AM
If *some* people can make themselves a totally untouchable fortress that's one thing, if *everyone* can make themselves an untouchable fortress (easily) that turns things stale really rapidly. It was a very serious problem that actually existed in the early period of the game, this isn't just theory. Although from a social perspective, only some people able to do that is arguably worse.

That said, things ARE somewhat unbalanced right now in the other direction (depending on where you are in the general powerscale), and the new hood expansions are actually the first step in some changes that will include defense buildings being worth it again in the new environment. So some of what you are suggesting is already happening.

Hey look at that! Its now obvious to me that the number one goal at gree is keeping the players happy! Thanks!!

Are you the shark and we the octopus, or are we the shark and you the octopus?

lephoenix
01-22-2014, 12:44 PM

Used to be a great PVP game now it's just a how deep are you pocket game. GREE's events last are getting more and more ridiculous. Too many events, every day there is at least 1, up to 4 running at the same time, and none of those are gold free, even the building upgrade can not be done in time so that you have to use gold........and this is how you kill the game. To maintain decent stats to be able to rob or attack you need a bit more than 500$ a month and spend at least 3 hours a day on the game and that's just to remain competitive..... It's none sense ..... Never seen so many player quitting in 1 week..

Zendfrim
01-22-2014, 01:32 PM

That said, things ARE somewhat unbalanced right now in the other direction (depending on where you are in the general powerscale), and the new hood expansions are actually the first step in some changes that will include defense buildings being worth it again in the new environment. So some of what you are suggesting is already happening.I am not talking of making everyone untouchable. I am talking about giving folks who built a hood worth entering, being able to protect said resources from pathetic worthless leaches with hoods that liken to a ghetto in a third world country. I want high IPH folks like myself to be able to use those funds effectively. This is not worse than giving everyone the means to be untouchable. You guys don't hesitate to cater to spenders over non spenders. I am asking that you cater to folks with high IPH. Lots of players are in both categories.

I appreciate the carrot you just dangled, but I am not believing it until I see it. Thanks for your reply. You guys still need to make additional upgrade queues attainable to those that can effectively use such abilities.

CJ54
01-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Are you the shark and we the octopus, or are we the shark and you the octopus?

Google "bearsharktopus".

Bartolo
01-22-2014, 02:00 PM
CJ, I get what you're saying about how high defenses killing PVP, but I'd like to point out the opposite. unbalanced stats towards offense can't be combated by these under powered defensive buildings, especially while you can't build/upgrade them at the same time as the money buildings. if you increase all the defense buildings by a couple orders of magnitude, they would have some effect. And honestly, this part really sucks because of how much time/money I've invested into those (now) useless little guns. this unbalance makes PVP too damn easy.

However, I think what Gree is trying to do is make it so everyone can hit everyone else. this way IP accumulation is not as much about keeping up with the stat growth as it is having the resources to constantly attack. + defense is already under valued in robbing so now iph isn't as important if you can clean out almost any player at your level. I'm not sure where you guys came up with the data that it was too hard to find a target to attack though. I took 3 months off and was still able to hit guys when I came back. Finding someone with an iph worth robbing is the bigger problem.

passerby
01-22-2014, 02:01 PM
No, that is not what I said. Although that is something that can happen, but it doesn't happen all that quickly. It's not just about newer players, it would be the same if everyone had been playing for exactly the same length of time and suddenly the game turned into the equivalent of bumper cars. That wouldn't be very fun either.

No, it is what you said, only you made an attempt to word it differently.

It's also the truth, too.

CJ54
01-22-2014, 02:11 PM
CJ, I get what you're saying about how high defenses killing PVP, but I'd like to point out the opposite. unbalanced stats towards offense can't be combated by these under powered defensive buildings, especially while you can't build/upgrade them at the same time as the money buildings. if you increase all the defense buildings by a couple orders of magnitude, they would have some effect. And honestly, this part really sucks because of how much time/money I've invested into those (now) useless little guns. this unbalance makes PVP too damn easy.

However, I think what Gree is trying to do is make it so everyone can hit everyone else. this way IP accumulation is not as much about keeping up with the stat growth as it is having the resources to constantly attack. + defense is already under valued in robbing so now iph isn't as important if you can clean out almost any player at your level. I'm not sure where you guys came up with the data that it was too hard to find a target to attack though. I took 3 months off and was still able to hit guys when I came back. Finding someone with an iph worth robbing is the bigger problem.

We're not trying to make it so that everyone can hit everyone all the time (I realize that what I said could read that way, but it isn't the case). That also legitimately sucks.

The point about having enough targets *worth* robbing is a good point in any case.

passerby
01-22-2014, 02:19 PM
We're not trying to make it so that everyone can hit everyone all the time (I realize that what I said could read that way, but it isn't the case). That also legitimately sucks.

The point about having enough targets *worth* robbing is a good point in any case.

To clarify, that poster was saying that you should give people some incentive to build their hood and be worth robbing. He wasn't saying that you should find a way (like with that ill advised rival list change) to make it so 0 IPH players can find and rob high IPH players more easily.

fuzzy
01-23-2014, 05:02 AM
this is a pvp game. It's that simple. So defense remains rare (and valuable).

you state that this game is a PVP game....the only time it is a PVP game is in war....you give us nothing that requires bullets....Uzi dont drop in PVP....u can collect boxes for collect xx events through map jobs....if you have a high enough IPH you dont need to rob....so what is the PVP part of the game???

battlehead187
01-23-2014, 05:47 AM
just award us with 500gold ,for all the drama gree has put upon us this month, and well call it even, u also wont hear from me for couple months, i promise.,