PDA

View Full Version : In loving memory of the one and only SGT Rud

Scot
01-21-2014, 12:41 PM
I wanted to take the opportunity to say good luck to my dear friend SGT Rud and his faithful sidekick/wife, Chrissy.

They have decided to leave the game and have nuked their bases and donated all they had to War Warblers. It is fully understandable why they have left, as spending time with family and the ever-increasing requirement to be on this game 24/7 to stay competitive has gotten to them. I wish them both all the happiness and will miss chatting with them and their unparalleled leadership.

As for Gree, I sure wish the game was like it used to be... where free players could remain competitive without having to spend every waking AND SLEEPING hour on this game just to get close to finishing some of the events. I don't know if the 2 year community event was a slap in the face or not, but when Rud showed us the unit (1k stats 3% ground defense) I was a bit surprised as I fully expected the winners to receive something... worthwhile.

It is a dang shame that great people that contribute what SGT Rud has contributed get forced out of the game because of how it has turned... Even those who use gold have a hard time keeping up. But who can complain? All I say here is just in frustration and sadness that two of my great friends in the game have left the game. I know many of you will share my sentiments since Rud was such a great addition to the forums as far as constructive ideas, intel, and of course the NPCS!

I hope Gree mods will read this and see the caliber players that are dropping from the game because of what they have created. Personally, I have quit buying gold because during that gold-hungry LTQ for factions a few weeks back, I had an issue where my missions kept resetting and required a total of about 1600 extra gold for me to redo the missions. Since 5 or 6 weeks ago when this happened, I have received zero help from customer service other than the candid reply of we know of the issue and are looking into it, followed by we are unable to do anything for you. Completely blows my mind that over a vault of gold or basically $100 is wasted and Gree tells me they know its a problem but they won't do anything for me haha. Anyhow, this thread is about Mr. Rud and I hope all of you will join in with wishing him the best of luck and maybe as a parting gift share how grateful we all are for all his hard work and great dedication to making everybody aware of NPC's and upgrade costs and other event information to help make the game more enjoyable for all.

We love ya man, and hope all goes well for you in the future!!!

-War Warblers

Lukie
01-21-2014, 12:51 PM
SGT RUD & Chrissy.

Just wanted to thank you for all the things you have done for the players.
It truly is sad to see you leave.
Wish you all the best and take it easy.

Thanks again

DTA-HOG
01-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the donation of your time to better these forums and spread the info around for us. You will be missed and I doubt anyone can pick up the torch and do it as classy as you have.

Salute!

erickd271
01-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Rud was a great person. He helped the community spending countless hours of his own time making these charts to help everyone else. I say that in his memory of leaving there should be a unit named after him just like the famous Devin to immortalized his great deeds. He will forever be remembered by his friends at the war warblers. I would also like to thank his wife as well, Chrissy for making is laugh and understanding our men talks we had at time. She was leader of our llp's in The Little Birds. Both coordinating many of the events giving helpful advice. LONG LIVE SGT RUD AND CHRISSY!! My friends your are now free. Enjoy your new life and hopefully you won't forget your friends who are trapped in this game..

Lancerdually
01-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Am stunned by this but am happy for Rud and his family!!! If you ready this bro........ GOOD LUCK TO YOU and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghost-12
01-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Wow!!!! This is really sad! Hate to see him go :/
Just visited his base to confirm and yes hes gone!!
All deleted....
Good luck to him and his wife :)

Grecoref
01-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Good luck In the future you to. I was in one faction with you last year. I could be joining u within a months time as I too can not continue to keep the pace as this game has set.

the Conor
01-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Rud and Chrissy will be dearly missed.

Cheers guys!

honest Abe
01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
One day gree will wake up... Gree, the black hole of devaluation and inflation will eventually consume your intellectual property...

boco78
01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Good luck to both...Enjoy your retirement!:)

Luuzer
01-21-2014, 01:26 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooo

who will make now those nice NPC lists and LTQ building lists etc? :(

Hector!
01-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Respect for all Sgt Rud and Chrissy have done for so many MW players!
Many thanks and all the best in your future!

droffatsto50
01-21-2014, 01:30 PM
I wasn't expecting to come onto the forum to see this news, best of luck to him.

Dutchie
01-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Didn't see that one coming! Good luck Ruddy... You will be sorely missed! Hope you and your wife enjoy your new found freedom :)

Chimera
01-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Sgt. Rud,

Before you and your wife go, could you help http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?80864-I-need-help-retiring!!!!!!!
He seems pretty stressed.
Thanks Sgt. Rud.

generalpain
01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
CJ 54, I hope you are paying attention here, as when players like Rud quit, you know something is off. You guys make the game so damn demanding to keep up with. Your valuable players are quitting left and right. It's no easy decision to quit for most, as we become close with others and take pride in social gaming. Time has come to rethink how you approach the game and how to make sustainable money. At the rate things are going, you will not last.

Good luck to the Rud family, they will truly be missed by the entire community.

whammo
01-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Rud:

It has been a pleasure to play and chat with both you and Chrissy. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Your friend,

Powerbang

MaverickINsc
01-21-2014, 01:42 PM
When gree took away the pre- staging downloads that allowed us semi-free players to even make it to prestige mode my 2 thoughts were 1- at least sgt. Rud doesn't have to keep up with the downloads as much and 2- another nail in the coffin......well done gree.....you beat down a legend......You will be missed sgt. Rud as Luuzer stated earlier....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Enjoy your time away

whammo
nooooooooooooooooooooo

who will make now those nice NPC lists and LTQ building lists etc? :(

I will if CJ would ease up a bit...

Always trying to help :)

Blade of 3
No disrespect to SGT Rud as he is a great help to all players of the game on the forums, but there are many good people that move on from this or any game. I don't see why people are using this as an excuse for the game being way over time consuming. Yes it is, but don;t make this an excuse to attack Gree. You people are like everyone who over thinks the news like the whole "racial war" for the guy killing the african american kid. Cannot think of the names at the moment.

DaBoss!
01-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Good luck Sgt.Rud, you will be greatly missed.
In your honor
http://smhttp.14409.nexcesscdn.net/806D5E/wordpress-L/images/madagascarpenguins-cgi.jpg

Malaga
01-21-2014, 02:04 PM
It's a pity a player of such a dedication for the others leaves us.
His messages in the forum we shall miss.
I wish him the best for its future.
Good luck SGT Rud

vball
01-21-2014, 02:16 PM
It has been my great privilege to have known Rud and Chrissy for some time. Seeing how they have taken War Warblers to a top faction with some amazing people and how he has been such a huge asset to the game.

Very happy for you and the family, but a truly terrible day for the rest of us.

Thank you my friend for all of your amazing sacrifice and contribution to all of us.

Be blessed.

gb7
01-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Good luck Sgt Rud! You are certainly a legendary figure in MW. Thanks for all of the great information.

Marcusfiahie
01-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Best wishes to SGT Rud and Chrissy! I am sadden to see Rud go! He was a player that we all could look up to. He will be missed in so many ways. My game will not be the same with out him in it and it bring up my question is it time for me as well? For anyone who did not know him I can guarantee you received his help through someone help. All of us in MW will be effected by his loss. Remind me of when Devin left and void that was loss. Again good luck to both of you in the real world!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Just loving this news.

You two are very strong and have done something I have struggled with for some months. You have given me renewed enthusiasm to follow your lead and those that have taken the 'door to time freedom' before you.

That decision will be an immense RL positive for you both.

Get on with enjoying much more time to do things that are beneficial to you both.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this forum as well, forget us quickly and move forward.

Congratulations to you both. A brilliantly strong & positive move.

Don't feel sad, let's celebrate it.

Schegma li
01-21-2014, 04:28 PM
as someone who just last night sent Sgt Rud a pm and without knowing me he was willing to help......... I wish you well and glad to have read all your helpful post, used your intel............
all factions will be missing something with SKIPPER'S departute.

Pee-Wee Herman
01-21-2014, 04:57 PM
I salute you SGT. You were a helpful advocate in the forums and that will be missed. Thanks for everything you've done.

Aks
01-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Its sad to see them go.. But also its the time where they will spend it with family and will be full of happiness..
Wish u all the best in life SGt RUD..

JCL
01-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Sorry to see you both go, but i Completely understand. its really not as much fun and it really is as if they grind their own product into the ground. FM radio did it and so we see it here as well.

Mcdoc
01-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Good luck old friend :)

Another great Domino falls :/

J Dunn
01-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Rud did much for the game, he was in my rivals and I always avoided raiding his base, lol, even when lit up, out of respect for the work he did for the players.

Mr. Artois
01-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Good luck to you both

barrack
01-22-2014, 12:42 AM
The one guy I always checked his posts firsts. Thanks for all the intel sharing. Best wishes

free play
01-22-2014, 01:51 AM
Sorry to hear the sad news that Rud has left, he will be missed, I often got attacked and raided by Rud and was hoping to one day get done revenge, I was close to it but will never get the chance to, enjoy life Sgt Rud, you will be missed

G Teemo
01-22-2014, 01:54 AM
Damn, this was sad new waking up to, but totally understandable. Wish you and your wife the best of luck, Rud!

Griffin4
01-22-2014, 04:23 AM
I wish you all the very best in your future exploits,my faction is forever grateful for all the intel u provided you will be sadly missed

rocco208
01-22-2014, 04:26 AM
Good luck to you and your wife enjoy the free time again you will be missed..

mickymacirl
01-22-2014, 05:06 AM
Well that's pretty disappointing, SGT Rud was one of the good guys. Have a MW free life!

Diverguy
01-22-2014, 06:27 AM
Rud is and will always be an awesome guy - much respect to him.

CC1
01-22-2014, 07:00 AM
I was coming on the forum to find Sgt Rud's latest post when I stumbled upon this thread.

This is truly a sad day. Sgt Rud, you were an inspiration playing this game and ARE an inspiration for putting it down and walking away. I'm about over it too. You've shown me it can done.

Thank you for everything you've done.

Stacey
01-22-2014, 07:09 AM
Thanks for everything you did to help us in the game. You will be missed. Enjoy your new found freedom. Hopefully you will not be coming back to the forum to read all of these posts and you truly have moved on.

Brady
01-22-2014, 07:49 AM
Rud and Chrissy we have been together on this MW journey for almost 2 years! You 2 have truly become 2 of my closest friends during that time! I will always remember my wife and her calling you jake from Allstate!! We will miss you guys more than you will ever know, but please stay in touch my brother!

Your friend,
Brady

Bobar
01-22-2014, 08:14 AM
thought that was a bad joke...... GREE wake up before itīs too late... sad to see him go... good bye and enjoy your life

Vegaman
01-22-2014, 08:18 AM
Sad to see another Legend get burnt out. I nominated you Sgt Rud for the MW Honour unit, which was billed as being an awesome reward, but turned out to be a lowly private on parade. But its the thought that counts i guess.

Good Luck and thanks for all your posts and insights....

Skittles711
01-22-2014, 08:27 AM
Thank you Sgt. Rud

This is a big hit to all. Your information on NPCs has helped me break my gold addition.

Mr.Bubbles
01-22-2014, 09:18 AM
Sgt. Rud was my first ally before I really understood how to play the game. I remember seeing his level and his base. I was absolutely blown away that this giant level player would have a lowly level 2 player as an ally. And being rewarded $1,000 for visiting him!

How times have changed. You have truly won at this game. Good luck Rud. Your contributions will be missed.

Inimical
01-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Bye rud,
You were my special little guy...
*sniffle*

SGT Rud
01-22-2014, 09:46 AM
I promised myself I wouldn't come back here and comment, but then I figured it wouldn't be right to just disappear without saying goodbye to everyone. I'm truly honored that you all consider me to be one of the greats and legends of the game, I certainly don't view myself as such. The decision to quit didn't come lightly. Chrissy and I have been talking about it for a while.

Most of my google docs info has been passed to others throughout the groupme empire. If anyone hs info that I have shared with them via google docs, I suggest pulling it or making a copy of it. I will be deleting the MW folders I have saved there. I have many other folders fo other things outside MW, and trying not to get everything jumbled as it has been for the past 5 months or so.

This morning I began cleaning out my email. Took nearly an hour to delete the vast assortment of spam and such provided by the rush of tapjoy. I estimate it will take a few weeks to unsubscribe from everything.

It is a little sad to leave everyone behind. There was a certain level of "should I be doing this" as I went building to building selling off my hard work and hours spent. I remember back when I was poor, and had to sell my nanos over and over just to afford the new LEs. When I got to my nanos, it felt really wierd. It was an odd sight seeing my base empty. All the other accounts were sold off and donated as well. It was an odd feeling climbing down the groupme ladder, rung by rung, as I left each room. The first room I left landed me about 3 PMs as to what was going on, and by the 3rd shared room, My groupme was blowing up. If I didnt say goodbye via groupme, the reason was the explosion that I could not follow.

I finished 2 events in my career. First was a collect 10 long ago, got a xian Destroyer (s), gave a valor increase during raids I think, 1K stats, really nice stats for the time period. Now a 100K unit is the new norm. The second was the 24hr LTQ on Thanksgiving. I was so proud to have saved up tapjoy gold to have completed this, even with the cruddy drop rate items you needed to collect.

I will truely miss all you guys. Its weird to think I impacted so many players and factions out there. But without further time..... I bid you all farewell.

jonmischler
01-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Salute, friend.
You were a great help to the community and you will be missed.
Enjoy your freedom, sir!

Mark-1
01-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Good luck to you SGT Rud. I was a pleasure being part of the intel group with you. I did rely on your coordination of event data collection on the forum. It was so helpful to so many. I hope you find a more rewarding hobby/game.

Kefa
01-22-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm in shock. Thank you so much for all your contribution, SGT Rud. I never met you in-game, but here on the forum the data you have provided has been invaluable. Your leaving is a loss to all MW forumites, no question about it.

My best wishes to you, sir.

Elite Enforcer
01-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Good luck man.

scar
01-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks SGT Rudd for everything

LordIndy
01-22-2014, 05:21 PM
I am a KA junkie and a MW noob. I had the pleasure of working with Chrissy this short time with THF. I will miss both of you. After spending a long time in the top guilds, it is difficult to step back and watch the game pass you by as years of hard work can be surpassed by a single raid boss event and vaults of gold.

This realization hit me when I restarted an account and had 150k stats in four days at level 4. I thought wow, it took me eight months of strategic camping, raiding, sweating weeks over vault to get that ultimate upgrade. Not to mention 80 levels to get to the same stats.

Rud and Chrissy, THF will miss you. Enjoy life in your other endeavors.

Ssrasch
01-22-2014, 06:30 PM
It was a shocker to me sgt rud was my leader with the first faction I ever joined it was fun being with u and Chrissy and be truley missed in mw

2MblaZ
01-22-2014, 07:09 PM
One day gree will wake up... Gree, the black hole of devaluation and inflation will eventually consume your intellectual property...

Amen to that - and best of luck to Sgt RUD, i'm new[-ish] to the game, but was reading lotsa forums his input was always much appreciated - from all advices i got - only goldless [with small support of tapjoys golden nuggets] and whatever truly FREE time i get - same i can advise to all remaining and new ones

Kane Sickle
01-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Fair skies and calm seas! Thanks for everything!

Westusmc
01-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Thank you for all you did for the MW community. The War Warblers were kind enough to let me finish a late day of the epic boss with them on 2 occasions before VFF Tramps was strong enough to do it on our own. My stats definitely appreciate the assistance. He was and is a great guy.

Davysheds
01-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Good luck sgt rud your info will be a loss to the forum

nubb
01-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Damn Sad to see him even though I have ever seen him person or rely talked to him....but the npcs really help me and my team get the units and complete awesome goals...see ya Rud best of luck and congrats on keepin it real