PDA

View Full Version : Gold today is worthless 24 hours later

Touch Down
01-21-2014, 12:12 PM
All the gold y'all spent over the last few days is pretty much worthless come the next event prize.

I'm going gold free on all events now. Thanks Gree y'all made it easy to decide.

MaschedUp
01-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Agree with OP. Gold is worthless.

What's next Gree? Running 10 LTQ's at the same time?

Your are completely clueless and ruining this game with your greed. People are fed up and rightly so. So many people are quitting and there's only going to be more if you carry on like this.

CJ54
01-21-2014, 12:28 PM
So wait, how is the gold spent worthless the next day specifically? I'd honestly like to know what the specific gist is here.

Danny Clear
01-21-2014, 12:28 PM
+1... how can u have a 2 day ltq when u have a 3 part sltq with another day left

abstraxlim
01-21-2014, 12:33 PM
oh...I have become gold free player for any events...except war....its too bored to get the same events every month....

If Gree still want to make same events for every month....probably I will quit too.....

Bartolo
01-21-2014, 12:38 PM
believe it or not, guys, these events aren't meant for everyone to finish. if you want to be one of the top players, spend the money. otherwise, take your middling prize and move on. there needs to be some incentive for the guys who spend thousands every month and that doesn't occur if everyone is finishing every event. no one is forcing us to participate in these ltqs, but don't expect to be able to compete with the players that put the effort (ie spend the gold) to get these prizes.

TooFlyRobbie
01-21-2014, 12:48 PM
So wait, how is the gold spent worthless the next day specifically? I'd honestly like to know what the specific gist is here.

Really? how hard is it to get this?

Well, Touch Down obviously exaggerated a little bit, but he has a point. Stats inflation devalues the gold. Ok, the stats for attack/defense increase but no one is getting stronger, unless they keep up with the gold expenditures, because the same stats inflation makes it easier for everyone to gain stats. That means that what you spend now will be worthless and considered "weak" by the majority in "some" time (it's hard to know since even stats inflation is increasing), but its obviously a really short time. <----- I forgot the apples

Add that ^^^ (stats inflation) to gold costs, which is considered by the majority high.

Basically what you're doing is:

1. keeping the gold prices the same (which is real money, the majority's)
2. Devaluing gold along with statuses

You guys at Gree are fooling everyone. Yet you don't know your game, when you ask these questions it's like asking "what's going on with the game", same as poor or no costumer service. Sorry pal, that's a fact.

Edit: One suggestion though. Have the ones who have to interact directly with costumers and their points of view play the game, level up, spend some money if you want, make them have player experience. It works.

Sideline Sal
01-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Well said Bartolo and I agree, that with higher energy cost, the amount of people that complete events are reduced to those that want to lay out the RL$$ to do it.
What I have an issue with, is running 4 LTQ's simultaneously.

The value of gold/prizes is and will continue to dwindle. That will always happen. Dropping 4 vaults in an event 10 weeks ago to get a top prize would be equivalent to going halfway through an event today.

angel_pitcher13
01-21-2014, 12:50 PM
It's like this CJ, every event requires more and more and more money to stay competitive. Spending gold on an event gives you no advantage if the next event is twice the money and twice the stat gain. It's becoming a joke. The things that MADE this game great like communication, strategy, and teamwork no longer matter. It's all about disposable income. You're rich? You win. We may as well stand around a fire and play a game of chicken throwing hundreds in. That's all that matters now.

steamboatwilly
01-21-2014, 01:01 PM
@bartolo...
I find it amusing how players come on this board to discuss thoughts and concerns and somehow, someway there is always one player that pops out of the woodwork to defend big brother. When most of the players in the thread have a valid point and you spew your Gree love about moving on and not voicing concerns about how Gree has become so greedy. We all put a lot of time and effort into this game and Gree is destroying it event by event. Enough will never be enough with this company and players like you will defend them till the last breath.

HTCBC
01-21-2014, 01:04 PM
I say have an event that you have to search hoods for builds to hit then pvp attacks and back to builds to rob, pvp attacks make it a syndicate event give us some work pay out for time spent searching. This is pay win. Don't pay lose.
our just add a buy now button on each event now save people time. do the event or skip to the end buy end prize now 1.5 vaults lol

ILikeTheAbuse
01-21-2014, 01:07 PM

Not the next day, but within a couple months? If I blew 4 vaults for some awesome 20k atk super-prizes a couple months ago, but someone else saved their gold until now to get 100k atk super-prizes for the same cost of 4 vaults, then my spending back then was worthless.

Why spend $400 now when if I just wait a couple months it will buy me a much greater stat gain? You provide no incentive to spend now. Those who spend now will feel like they got ripped off when they see the first 500k atk prize that you guys release in a couple cycles.

kimberleyj
01-21-2014, 01:10 PM
It's like this CJ, every event requires more and more and more money to stay competitive. Spending gold on an event gives you no advantage if the next event is twice the money and twice the stat gain. It's becoming a joke. The things that MADE this game great like communication, strategy, and teamwork no longer matter. It's all about disposable income. You're rich? You win. We may as well stand around a fire and play a game of chicken throwing hundreds in. That's all that matters now.

i agree it use to be that you needed to spend 1 vault of gold to finsh a ltq now you have to buy loads of vaults just to finsh 1 ltq event it is alot of money . i am a mild gold spender and i have cut down so much on gold spending because events cost so much money it is off putting , i use to buy at least 1 vault when i brought gold but this time i only brought half a vault with no plans at the moment to buy more. i could buy a weeks worth of food for £80 same price as a vault of gold. i brought 10 dvds and a book from my suppermarket for under £20 last week.

Flapjacks
01-21-2014, 01:16 PM

To say that gold is worthless within 24 hours is perhaps a stretch; nonetheless the concept of worthless varies amongst players.

The gist of what I'm attempting to add here is this: Gold does become worthless to many players within a short period of time (e.g., A Limited Edition item costing roughly 70 gold now fetches you stats equivalent to LE items that use to cost 450 gold; common/uncommon crate items are now equivalent to previous rare items & etc.)

Granted, these are only 2 examples & the inflation didn't happen within 24 hours, but still, in any regard the changes make gold worthless to the consumer. I do not believe there was ever any rationale given as to why hyperinflation started & continues to chug along? To deny inflation of stats doesn't devalue gold, therefore making it worthless to many overnight, would be wrong.

Consumer input should be valued in order to ensure a better product, not challenged?

For the individual who started this thread, your post was taken out of context. I understand your frustrations & they're valid to every consumer.

RuckusX
01-21-2014, 01:21 PM
believe it or not, guys, these events aren't meant for everyone to finish. if you want to be one of the top players, spend the money. otherwise, take your middling prize and move on. there needs to be some incentive for the guys who spend thousands every month and that doesn't occur if everyone is finishing every event. no one is forcing us to participate in these ltqs, but don't expect to be able to compete with the players that put the effort (ie spend the gold) to get these prizes.
Hey there Chachi, you're not getting the 1st part of 5 prize without gold on the new LTQ. Middle prize? Who is taking the middle prize gold free? Anyone?

Bartolo
01-21-2014, 01:30 PM
sorry, let me clarify: I don't think gree is running a smart or sustainable business model. middling in that sentence means more of a median than a mean. but my original point is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8I9pYCl9AQ)

Touch Down
01-21-2014, 03:54 PM

I like the shark fighting the octopus.

Anyway, The 24 hour period is just to emphasis my point, it may be slightly exaggerated but hell who hasn't told a fishing story.

What I was trying to explain is these back to back events with the next weapon greater than the last is making developing account without unlimited resources harder and harder.
Each event previous is having it's prize devalued by the next reward. This system will run out of longevity and I'm picking it's close to it's tipping point now for most players.

This cycle alone has cost more to complete than previous ones. Without counting battle gold.
Where is the going to end? With 30 ex FC members playing? The market can only handle so much before it breaks.

I would be interested to see your game data stats on the amount of players purchasing gold? Not total value but the percentage of players actively playing that purchase gold. Is the percentage growing or shrinking?

I wish Gree would take on board the rising cost of the game and increasing stats are not healthy for the game and it's consumers.
We all like playing this game and it has not reached it's potential yet but at the moment it's on the wrong track heading for a train wreck!

The Expendables
01-21-2014, 05:04 PM
It's sorta like the US government wanting to raise minimum wage in relation to stats. Sure it puts more money in peoples pockets but it also drives the price of everything up (energy/gold use).
That's why I have went gold free as well as my syndicate. It isn't bad just have to settle for the "median" prizes but it's for entertainment and the return is enjoyment. If you enjoy the game with gold have at it. If you don't, quit trying to keep up and kick back, socialize, and have a good time.

Rodney26
01-21-2014, 05:23 PM
It's funny how you can spend 2k and get the same same stats as someone that's spent 10k awhile back..thanks gree way 2 screw me over

[INFAMOUS]
01-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Its funny how CJ stopped replying.
Very likely nothing to imput, cause the majority of things that's been written here is true.

The single and only event I will continue spending gold on is the wars.
To bad the ****ty developers of this game dont get the point.

People will get fed up, real soon.
And its gonna be more and more.

I dont mind people earning money, but with the changes in middle of event etc etc.
To be real clear, **** you Gree.

And yeah, you douchebags already banned one of my accounts onhere.
Good luck keep me outta here.

RuckusX
01-21-2014, 05:58 PM
CJ, your question has been answered. Do you have a rebuttal? Your silence is speaking volumes.

The_
01-21-2014, 06:03 PM
On a more optimistic note, people are on an exciting new weight loss program called "Crime City" because they have to choose between completing an LTQ (or 4 at the same time) or buying food.

Guisseppe17
01-21-2014, 06:18 PM
The first LTQ I ever bothered to finish was the one with the Scorpion Delivery grand prize (5000/4000-ish). Cost me $100. The very next LTQ (there was a war weekend between this LTQ and the next), the grand prize was that ridiculous spec ops mask thingie, had like 50k attack. Ridiculous. Now sadly I must admit that since the stat inflation I've completed quite a few LTQ's instead of learning my lesson, but it goes to show that gold is worth a lot more the longer you wait. After all, that 50k spec ops mask was then eventually replaced by the 150k-ish prizes nowadays!

Dat Guy
01-21-2014, 06:18 PM
You're rich? You win. We may as well stand around a fire and play a game of chicken throwing hundreds in. That's all that matters now.

That is one of the best quotes I have seen in a long time. Strategy and planning are now completely devoid from this game.

H8er-aid
01-21-2014, 07:25 PM
I don't mind the huge money events for big spenders but it should be a mix of events for everyone. Not every event should cost a vault or 2 to complete time and effort should count for something. Let the big dogs fight for crazy stat items but give the rest of us events on our level(price range).

Anomaly
01-21-2014, 07:47 PM
It's all a psychological thing, the syndicates, the friggin chat apps. People pretend to play cc, but cc is a good example of how disconnected we've become. People are looking for friends and dropping tons of real cash in the process. This is not a game! Games are based on skills and strategy. CC is just numbers, and if you spend enough real money your numbers will be higher than those that don't. Gree just capitalizes of the fact most cc players have no real social life.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-21-2014, 08:03 PM
CJ, you are taking him too literally. he makes a very valid point.

It's the value Gree places on our $ that has devalued.

Energy requirements have increased significantly more over the journey. What percentage have they increased by CJ? What is the justification for that % increase? Just give me one reason for it.

We all regen at the same rate as we did 2 years ago. We spend gold to regen 1,000 but the requirements means that does not go as far as it once did. He means that as well.

He also makes the point very clearly that what you spend money on this month is likely devalued next month because of your stat inflation.

Blind Freddy could see and understand that the $ is devalued by Gree over the journey.

Apologise to Blind Freddy, if one exists out in CC land.

PedroPimples
01-21-2014, 08:12 PM
You need to remember when you purchase gold that someone will always be able To beat you. It's a game there for fun. Enjoy, have a laugh, don't expect to complete everything and don't expect to be the strongest in the game.
Inflation in all aspects of life keeps going up.
Don't spend more than you can afford chasing pixels.
Enjoy your time with the people you meet and the events you do.

Stat inflation is a necessary evil, otherwise new players wouldn't start up and replace the old players retiring, as they'd never be able to compete.

Don't get worked up about it. Don't get upset about it.
Embrace it and move forward.

candyson
01-21-2014, 08:20 PM
You need to remember when you purchase gold that someone will always be able To beat you. It's a game there for fun. Enjoy, have a laugh, don't expect to complete everything and don't expect to be the strongest in the game.
Inflation in all aspects of life keeps going up.
Don't spend more than you can afford chasing pixels.
Enjoy your time with the people you meet and the events you do.

Stat inflation is a necessary evil, otherwise new players wouldn't start up and replace the old players retiring, as they'd never be able to compete.

Don't get worked up about it. Don't get upset about it.
Embrace it and move forward.
Completely agree with this

Jclew
01-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Mr pimples and candyson, you guys are the reason its going the way it is.

New players wont be able to overtake the old ones? Do you expect to get an account and be number one by day 3? Well if you have plenty of disposable income that's no problem.. There's a phenomena called patience, but you don't need that anymore..

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-22-2014, 12:03 AM
I think spending gold wisely is the key here. Sure, a 50k stat item today is overshadowed pretty quickly. But you know what isn't? Modifiers. Pick and choose your events. I was in a syndicate with a teammate where we both received the exact prizes for the entire cycle. Yet my stats grew 2.5 mil higher than his. And it was because my modifiers were stronger. perhaps picking an event with prizes that don't have modifiers, and dropping gold like crazy isn't the best use of gold.

Older players are absolutely taking advantage of old modifiers like energy, banking, upgrade time... Many have 100, even 200% combined modifiers in any given category. pick and choose your events.

Just because you buy gold today, dont mean that the struggle is over. you gotta keep spending to stay competitive.

I love SAS
01-22-2014, 12:38 AM
I think spending gold wisely is the key here. Sure, a 50k stat item today is overshadowed pretty quickly. But you know what isn't? Modifiers. Pick and choose your events. I was in a syndicate with a teammate where we both received the exact prizes for the entire cycle. Yet my stats grew 2.5 mil higher than his. And it was because my modifiers were stronger. perhaps picking an event with prizes that don't have modifiers, and dropping gold like crazy isn't the best use of gold.

Older players are absolutely taking advantage of old modifiers like energy, banking, upgrade time... Many have 100, even 200% combined modifiers in any given category. pick and choose your events.

Just because you buy gold today, dont mean that the struggle is over. you gotta keep spending to stay competitive.

Modifier inflation is an even bigger problem than stat inflation, and the exact same "making today's gold useless tomorrow" problem. GREE regularly awards modifiers more powerful than former FC top prizes. Look at how common the best modifier in the game--mafia attack/defense modifiers-- are now, and how easily obtainable they are. Modifiers have gotten increasingly huge with every event, and they're an even bigger factor in making previously spent gold worthless. E.g. top 3 syndicate war prize is +3% IP boost, and the very next week GREE has the (much cheaper) raid boss with a final prize of +20% IP. So top 3 syndicates received +23% IP, everyone else got +20%. That 500k+ min IP you put up in a top 3 syndicate is thus worthless.

Because GREE hates their players. LOL.

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-22-2014, 12:52 AM
3% ip mod gave the players that got it a 3% advantage over everyone else. Tilda's blade gave everyone the same 20% bonus. so the 3% is still the same advantage.

plus, it takes a long time to accumulate 100%+ modifiers. I'm curious to see if any free players have over 100% on any given attack catergory. You need to have been playing for some time, and spent a bit of gold to have that much.

I love SAS
01-22-2014, 02:36 AM
3% ip mod gave the players that got it a 3% advantage over everyone else. Tilda's blade gave everyone the same 20% bonus. so the 3% is still the same advantage.

plus, it takes a long time to accumulate 100%+ modifiers. I'm curious to see if any free players have over 100% on any given attack catergory. You need to have been playing for some time, and spent a bit of gold to have that much.

3% is not an "advantage" worth spending $1000+ on, when everyone gets +20% for 1-2 vaults the following week. When most people had +25% IP bonus, an additional +3% is a 0.03 / 0.25 = 12% increase in IP bonus (relatively speaking). When most people have a +45% IP bonus, that same +3% IP bonus is now only worth 0.03 / 0.45 = 6.67% increase in IP bonus. In a single week, GREE immediately severely devalued an incredibly expensive prize. It's even worse considering the price on each of those modifiers, which I didn't even bother to account for-- +3% bonus is a big deal when practically everyone else gets nothing. +23% instead of +20% is only negligibly more advantageous, and certainly not worth the price on that additional +3%.

If you're too dense to see how rapid modifier inflation severely devalues past purchases, I'm not going to bother further explaining it to you.

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-22-2014, 02:45 AM
I'm not going to bother further explaining it to you.yes you are.

HTCBC
01-22-2014, 02:48 AM
http://www.orgsites.com/pa/pack63drumsstjohnspa/animated-popcorn.gif

Think i will pass the popcorn around and keep reading.

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 03:13 AM
3% is not an "advantage" worth spending $1000+ on, when everyone gets +20% for 1-2 vaults the following week. When most people had +25% IP bonus, an additional +3% is a 0.03 / 0.25 = 12% increase in IP bonus (relatively speaking). When most people have a +45% IP bonus, that same +3% IP bonus is now only worth 0.03 / 0.45 = 6.67% increase in IP bonus. In a single week, GREE immediately severely devalued an incredibly expensive prize. It's even worse considering the price on each of those modifiers, which I didn't even bother to account for-- +3% bonus is a big deal when practically everyone else gets nothing. +23% instead of +20% is only negligibly more advantageous, and certainly not worth the price on that additional +3%.

If you're too dense to see how rapid modifier inflation severely devalues past purchases, I'm not going to bother further explaining it to you.

See you say it is worthless, last war lights out won 1st by a very small margin. That margin would not been there if it wasn't for that extra 3% that some of the FC members who went there have.

You miss the point, I'm not saying new players should immediately be number 1, but if a new player starts, sees there is no hope of ever being anywhere near the top because the big players have millions already and stats aren't going up, they leave quickly. There needs to be something that makes the new players keep playing and start investing, that thing is stat inflation.

HTCBC
01-22-2014, 03:24 AM
See you say it is worthless, last war lights out won 1st by a very small margin. That margin would not been there if it wasn't for that extra 3% that some of the FC members who went there have.

You miss the point, I'm not saying new players should immediately be number 1, but if a new player starts, sees there is no hope of ever being anywhere near the top because the big players have millions already and stats aren't going up, they leave quickly. There needs to be something that makes the new players keep playing and start investing, that thing is stat inflation.

PedroPimples i have to agree with you on that. Agreed we all hate it but you have to keep new players coming in.

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-22-2014, 03:29 AM
now now. lets not gang up on the guy. hes only got ten posts. Id hate to lose a "new player" as yall are demonstrating how important they are.

KarenWill
01-22-2014, 03:32 AM
Well I really don't blame players who use glitches now

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-22-2014, 03:35 AM
careful Karen, that sorta talk will land you a time out!

LtotheG
01-22-2014, 03:38 AM
Intresting thread, bought myself a popcorn too.

I'm wondering if CJ's question was really his thoughts or he know better at the time, if he really cared he would reacte or explane some things...

I think for the perspective form gree its better to let the addicted players spend 2 more vaults each event then try to make people like me spend on easier events.
If i would spend on this game it would be on the long run, not buying a vault to click it on 1 single event.

$60 is al lot of money to spend on a game, so the only way to make this work is stop spending gold, only reason for gree to really do something about the game is when the profit will drop, now they still make enough money so why should they chance anything.

What i find strange about this game is how many people care about the game and really wanne make it work by posting all there ideas on the forum, even more strange is why they do nothing about it. lots of game developers spend money to know what there players are thinking and wanne chance about the game.

Ingame cash is almoste useless, respect point are useless, stamina is useless, the equipment store is useless, besides nightclub and LTB the buildings are useless, above stats it shows weapons armor and vehicles while stats are guns melee explosives armor vehicles.. you cant see which items you useing in fights.. etc.

If there is one thread they should respond to its this one

R.I.P for everyone who spends gold on pixels who became worthless, if i did i would quit
free users FTW

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 04:00 AM
Thing is though, profit is way down. Ever since they've made the events harder and more expensivive to complete, profits have been on a downward spiral.
It's not hard to see the trend, yet they seem to think the answer is make them even harder. Now they have a select few who spend large amounts, rather than a large group spending medium amounts.
I understand gree trying to keep the best paying customers happy, but at the detriment of the rest of the game base this is an unsustainable business model.

sister morphine
01-22-2014, 04:34 AM

Ah, but the thing now is not what you know about the game, but who you know. It's easy to create a mini and let it ride in a top syndicate for a cycle or two and become very strong very fast.

We've both been around long enough (as has CJ) to know that whereas in the pre-syndicate days buying gold gave you a boost on your rivals - but the very finest free players could still give some gold spenders a run for their money - nowadays players expect to have to dump hundreds of dollars a month into just treading water with rivals. The only way to get a boost now is get into a higher tier syndicate and/or one that completes more syn quests, the raid boss in particular.

I love SAS
01-22-2014, 04:53 AM

Uh, what the hell "extra" margin are you talking about? Tam has an extra 10% from her top1 auction prize (vs. balt), and Lights Out WAS the syndicate that got the +3% IP bonus for top3, along with FC and SAS. That "extra" 3% wasn't extra nor unique to FC, everyone fighting for 1st had it.

now now. lets not gang up on the guy. hes only got ten posts. Id hate to lose a "new player" as yall are demonstrating how important they are.

You're far dumber than I even gave you credit for. Sit down and shut up, this is over your head.

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-22-2014, 05:07 AM
You're far dumber than I even gave you credit for. Sit down and shut up, this is over your head.second time youve tried insulting me. you need a few more posts for me to take you serious. please hurry up and get banned.

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 05:30 AM
Uh, what the hell "extra" margin are you talking about? Tam has an extra 10% from her top1 auction prize (vs. balt), and Lights Out WAS the syndicate that got the +3% IP bonus for top3, along with FC and SAS. That "extra" 3% wasn't extra nor unique to FC, everyone fighting for 1st had it.

You're far dumber than I even gave you credit for. Sit down and shut up, this is over your head.

Still if one of there players didn't have that 3% boost, they wouldn't of got 1st. Every mod helps, even if it's in a small way. When you have people putting up over 5mil points even a 1% boost will help them.
And going around trying to be insulting means no one pays attention to your arguements.
You are obviously bitter and worn out from the game. So just take a break. When it causes the resentment in people it clearly has at the moment, it's time to take a break and stop playing. It's a game, it should be fun, not running your life.

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 05:33 AM
Yes sis your right, people are creating minis left and right and not even playing them. They just leave them in syns to get big boosts for free purely to say "look how strong my mini is". Most of them sit there doing nothing but clogging up server space.
Sleaz, I wouldn't worry about him, you can tell by his name it's a troll. Probably hurt hurt by SAS at some point. Won't last very long. Just ignore and move on.

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Yes sis your right, people are creating minis left and right and not even playing them. They just leave them in syns to get big boosts for free purely to say "look how strong my mini is". Most of them sit there doing nothing but clogging up server space.
Sleaz, I wouldn't worry about him, you can tell by his name it's a troll. Probably hurt hurt by SAS at some point. Won't last very long. Just ignore and move on.
yeah, im no fan of minis. I've got a secondary account in game. But it aint mini. Thats also how people get burned out of the game. too many accounts to play...

Brein

drowranger
01-22-2014, 11:21 AM
i agree ... before .. you used to buy a vault or two for the whole calendar and still be able to complete most if not all the events... now you have to buy 3 maybe 4 vaults for one event .. and you end up with almost 6 vaults if you want to finish all events and probably another vault for battles if you wanna be in team with a good rank. GREE is getting pretty expensive and they have to fix this before more and more players quit this game ... it was really fun before ... ive seen many of my friends quit this game because of what GREE have done lately . so fix it or game dies sooner than you think . unless the goal from this is taking as much money as you can in the smallest time interval not caring about the game, then shutting it down and work on a new one.

I love SAS
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Still if one of there players didn't have that 3% boost, they wouldn't of got 1st. Every mod helps, even if it's in a small way. When you have people putting up over 5mil points even a 1% boost will help them.
And going around trying to be insulting means no one pays attention to your arguements.
You are obviously bitter and worn out from the game. So just take a break. When it causes the resentment in people it clearly has at the moment, it's time to take a break and stop playing. It's a game, it should be fun, not running your life.

That's not a valid argument; that's a different matter entirely. Perhaps if Lights Out didn't go for 3rd when +3% IP bonus was a prize, they'd have saved enough gold to more than double the margin the 3% IP bonus gave them over SAS. It doesn't really matter, you're dealing with hypotheticals and 'what-ifs', not making a valid point.

The point you are making is that top players must continue to spin that hamster wheel, and spend a lot of gold just to maintain their place amongst top players. Every top player needs to spend a lot of gold just to maintain their place in the hierarchy-- players in top syndicates complete every single event, as an individual and as a syndicate, so any player that doesn't finds themselves falling behind and open for attacks/robs by a wider range of players, etc. I don't like that either, but that's a separate issue from the "gold spent today is useless tomorrow" issue. In that sense, it was "important" to get that +3% IP bonus, because Lights Out wanted to be a top 3 syndicate, and allowing Solemn Carnage to get that boost instead seemingly would have made future top 3 placements harder. But I again refer to my point that +28% IP is a much more significant advantage over +25% than 48% is over 45%.

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Well I really don't blame players who use glitches now

On another note this kind of thinking is a big part of the problem.
Because so many people felt that using the glitch wasn't cheating, to high a percentage was completing all ltqs. Grees way of beating this was to raise the energy requirement an exhorbitant amount. If more people had been against cheating gree would never of raised them so much.
Gree then removed the glitch and kept the costs high. Cheaters never prosper.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Not sure the high % was their thinking Pedro for increasing the requirements.

Possibly the $ spent then discussing how to extract more $ from that event. In that discussion the figures would have been produced showing how many complete the various levels and the spend at those levels. They would have an acceptable guide they follow. If it becomes out of whack they will $pend the time to investigate it.

Someone would have raised the glitch well before then and they would have run the numbers as to the suspected lost revenue V's the cost to plug it. Once it became revenue positive then that's when they would have acted.

They will keep pushing the $ envelope until they find the spend ceiling. It's a product and they will sell it for what people are willing to pay. That's the market; the buyers and potential buyers will determine its cost. Glitches won't.

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 06:23 PM
They've already found the ceiling, that's why profits have dropped so drastically.
Personal opinion is they creat an event, say we should have, 5% complete, 15% almost complete and so on. When it becomes that the glitch makes 50% complete, they move the goalposts.

Flapjacks
01-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Before this thread was hijacked, I believe CJ had asked a question & people were waiting for a response? You'll have deviated way off topic & made it about yourselves, again.

Carry on, children.

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 07:39 PM
This was still discussing the game and gold spend.
Yet you come in name calling and trying to flame.
Go back to your SAS cheering where your wanted.

Flapjacks
01-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Ok, Pedro, you're right. You're right.

SAS though, why are you talking about them now? I have no doings with any member in SAS & never did. What's your deal with them? Did somebody scar you because I'm feeling your displacement & it's disturbing. Weird & disturbing.

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Oh here we go. Trying to get attention again and derailing the threads.
Your not worth my time kid.

Guisseppe17
01-22-2014, 08:01 PM
*sigh*

#extras

Flapjacks
01-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Yeah, uh , I was trying to put the topic back into focus after you hijacked it a few pages back ---scroll up---.

Good job deflecting my questions by saying "not worth my time kid."

Anyway, let's try this again. Did somebody in SAS hurt you badly? I have no idea why you bring them up to me? I hate to beleaguer the point but, Pedro, you always bring them up out of nowhere. So yes, I feel the displacement of your SAS induced obsession. What did they do? You seem to have fallen & can't get up?

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Sorry Giuseppe, sadly I have a few of these kind of people who follow me around trying to flame, troll and garner attention to themselves by calling my name.

Back on topic, gold stays worthwhile if your clever in which event you use it. As someone esle said earlier it's mainly the mods. We have had a couple of ltqs recently that was mafia attack mods. People who spent to complete these will always hold them over new players. Whereas the ones like RB which had none is just a prize that will gradually phase out.
It's all about picking your quests and the opportune moment to spend.

TooFlyRobbie
01-22-2014, 08:16 PM
^^^ Why keep feeding the fire, if one started it, don't let it get in your nerves, it's not worth it just ignore the one who starts posting unnecessary words, plus it's what destroys the good point (this thread).

On a serious note: LTQs give more statuses than the average events.

The issue here are not costs, the prices are ok as they are. Actually what everyone is saying is that GREE's way of running the business devalue the money ($,£,¥) in one week, probably a little more than a week, but the point is that the "middle class" is not seeing results BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THEY'RE ACTUALLY NOT GETTING WHAT THEY'RE PATING FOR (in terms of stats gain) when they use gold to make the gap bigger from the "lower class". That's what makes it a two class game. Everyone saying the same thing are part of the people WHO CAN SEE IT (less money equals more importance to their money investments) gets devalued and they are just taking care of their money, and GREE should probably listen, as they're the majority.

Now that's due to stats inflation, which has no turning back, but GREE can change the way the give events (LTQs/SLTQs as they seem to be the primary events in this situation) so that there's three classes of player in this game, all three with the possibility of getting higher or lower (expenditure level) without getting their money devalued. just my 2 cents

Edit: The previous SLTQ allowed players with enough in game cash to get a small boost, that's a good start.

Sirius
01-22-2014, 08:20 PM
Alright folks, let's take take a second to cool down. I see the points folks are making and we do take them seriously. This has been noted so if possible we can get an official response on the matter soon.

In the mean time, let's cool off. Thanks!

Flapjacks
01-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Sorry Giuseppe, sadly I have a few of these kind of people who follow me around trying to flame, troll and garner attention to themselves by calling my name.

Back on topic, gold stays worthwhile if your clever in which event you use it. As someone esle said earlier it's mainly the mods. We have had a couple of ltqs recently that was mafia attack mods. People who spent to complete these will always hold them over new players. Whereas the ones like RB which had none is just a prize that will gradually phase out.
It's all about picking your quests and the opportune moment to spend.

Brother, I never flamed you! Read the thread, I never said your name until you trolled me? Scroll back, it's simple. Now you're assuming credit for people trolling you when it's the opposite? Out of the blue you call me out about SAS? Again, scroll back.

And you still haven't answered so it's apparent SAS really hurt you & for that I'm sorry ;-(
Regardless, don't displace your emotions onto others. It's not cool, & it's akin to a kid being fed up with bullies at your elementary school and then coming home & kicking your dog. That's just so mean.

Pedro, do yourself a favor. Forgive them for they know not what they do. Don't harbor all that anger & bitterness. Let it go. Be nice. Be a nice troll.

PedroPimples
01-22-2014, 08:50 PM
^^^ Why keep feeding the fire, if one started it, don't let it get in your nerves, it's not worth it just ignore the one who starts posting unnecessary words, plus it's what destroys the good point (this thread).

On a serious note: LTQs give more statuses than the average events.

The issue here are not costs, the prices are ok as they are. Actually what everyone is saying is that GREE's way of running the business devalue the money ($,£,¥) in one week, probably a little more than a week, but the point is that the "middle class" is not seeing results BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THEY'RE ACTUALLY NOT GETTING WHAT THEY'RE PATING FOR (in terms of stats gain) when they use gold to make the gap bigger from the "lower class". That's what makes it a two class game. Everyone saying the same thing are part of the people WHO CAN SEE IT (less money equals more importance to their money investments) gets devalued and they are just taking care of their money, and GREE should probably listen, as they're the majority.

Now that's due to stats inflation, which has no turning back, but GREE can change the way the give events (LTQs/SLTQs as they seem to be the primary events in this situation) so that there's three classes of player in this game, all three with the possibility of getting higher or lower (expenditure level) without getting their money devalued. just my 2 cents

Edit: The previous SLTQ allowed players with enough in game cash to get a small boost, that's a good start.

I do try mate but it just keeps following me trying to troll and flame. Has an obsession.

I agree it is the middle class that suffers the most. High spenders will keep spending till retirement, free no change really.
It's those middle spenders who will get caught up by the new players first.
But again I'll say, if you maximise your spend by hand picking your events you'll stay ahead. Because I've been playing for so long I have more modifiers than most. I have a few newer players than me in the syn who have higher base attack than I do, yet thanks to my mods I'm still well over over there stats.
Be clever with your gold, don't waste money on events that have no mod, and you'll outlast most.