PDA

View Full Version : I need help retiring!!!!!!!

ELCAPITONE
01-21-2014, 06:03 AM
This is one of the most difficult things that I have ever done.
It is worse that quitting smoking with a pack of Marlboro's in your pocket.

I have deleted the game several times just to find myself reloading it again and again even though I have sold everything on my basis I still am trying it again and again.

HELP, how do I get this thing off of my phone, I put in a ticket just to be told sorry but we are not deleting profiles at this time. OMG, driving me crazy.

If it makes any differance i have an iPad and an iPhone!! HELP!!!

thundarr
01-21-2014, 06:06 AM
Get a life? Try a different obsession? Try a different game? How about starting a support group?

lemonhaze
01-21-2014, 06:09 AM
sale your base,sale your phone your orginal game is on and get a new phone that way when u get the urge to play u install MW and see that Lvl 1 character then the urge isnt there as much..we all know that uninstalling on same device does nothing bc u can just reinstall and be back to the addiction

Kennetth
01-21-2014, 06:13 AM
If you really want to be done sell every last thing on your base, then donate off the money somewhere. You have to self-destruct as much as possible so you are unable to pickup where you left off.

ELCAPITONE
01-21-2014, 06:13 AM
SUPPORT GROUP, hu!! need one. MY NAME IS ELCAPITONE and I am an ADDICT.

Sinisterclick
01-21-2014, 06:27 AM
When l quit, I simply cleared base, did some barrel art, donated remainder of cash and transferred a blank profile to my phone, then deleted the app... Your original account can never be touched...
Transfer games is in the Funzio ID section..

Roborhino...

Sinisterclick
01-21-2014, 06:38 AM
You need a second device with a low level account to do this...

Robo

Meta Rage Trollbot
01-21-2014, 07:07 AM
If you can make it one month unit inflation will make you a weakling and you will have no choice but to quit.

VikingsVoice
01-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Transfer your game to an old device and then run over that device with a bus

#Reaper
01-21-2014, 08:06 AM
Just do a factory data reset it deletes everything (including your account on modern war) it will just make you start all over and there's no fun to that. Im on a droid and this works just wanted to see if it did loose, but I dint want to quit so I recovered my account.

DFI
01-21-2014, 08:28 AM
Show your itunes receipts to your wife, and see if you are still alive tomorrow.

mrskll
01-21-2014, 08:53 AM
do a factory reset on your phone lol

ELCAPITONE
01-21-2014, 09:35 AM
DFI, thats 95% reason for the retirement lol...

KarenWill
01-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Transfer your profile to anyone or reset your phone and you're done

SGT Rud
01-21-2014, 09:51 AM
Hmmmm. Dont really have a statement. Just wanted my name here....

Area51z
01-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Show your itunes receipts to your wife, and see if you are still alive tomorrow.

Bwahahahahaha...thanks for making my day. Hahahahaha . Truest thing ever unless you got her hooked too...😏

Luuzer
01-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Hmmmm. Dont really have a statement. Just wanted my name here....

hmmm...attentionwho.....

U can put the missing letters in Urself

P.S j/k :D

Major mayhem
01-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Was there ever a life before MW?

1GaDawg85
01-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Put your phone down and walk away

Sheriff Hoyt
01-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Easy fix. Transfer the game to me. PM the user and password you create with the funzio id transfer tab and I'll add it to one of my spare devices.

Commander Vador
01-21-2014, 04:39 PM
One of the funiest thread I've seen...hope you r not serious.

2000y2k
01-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Get a life. Pointless thread.

Sgt. Fancypants
01-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Wow, this is a really important thread. Thank you for posting this. From what I've seen this is an issue with this game. I'm sure a lot of people are going through what you are right now and most are not as honest and open about it as you.

You have already admitted to yourself you're addicted which is what they always tell you is the first step with these things. After that it's really up to you. You know it's not good and you ultimately have control, even though it feels like you don't sometimes. Be mindful of your actions. Thoughts can be hard to control but realize your hand reaching for the device or searching for the app. These things you have direct instant control over. Your mind will try to trick you and make up excuses to play but you need to remember what is true in your heart: It's not good for you; You want to stop; Your life will be better.

Let your friends and family know your trying to stop and simultaneously start spending more time with them. This will create social pressure for you to stop. If you notice yourself retreating from these people it'll be a warning sign you may be slipping.

I bet you can ask Google or Apple to put a freeze on your account, making it impossible for it spend money.

As always, Google around a bit. There is a growing amount of resources for Video Game Addiction. I'm sure there are forums and even programs.

Good luck man.

Infected
01-22-2014, 02:22 AM
LOL @ Assisted Suicide!

Cross Addiction works for me when I want to quit something... "experts" will tell you that cross addiction is dangerous and it is not the answer... well... the "experts" aren't addicts now are they...

What is cross addiction?

In the simplest terms, cross addiction means you’ve traded one addiction for another. It’s no surprise that many individuals in recovery wrestle with the problem because addiction is often defined as a chronic, relapsing disorder....

I smoked cigs for 4 years... I quit 23 years ago... I have had mints in my pocket for 23 years... not the same mints silly... I didn't want to smoke... it was a tough thing to quit though... My wife gave me a choice... Her or cigs... 23 years ago... So i quit... Last cig was September 12, 1990... 12 days before my first kid was born... My wife and i have been married 25 years... smoking would have been cheaper... true story...

I played Call Of Duty for five straight years... just talking about it makes me want to stop what i'm doing and go play it right now... i finally put it away when Black Ops 2 came out... i was tired of hiding in the hot tub on the ship anyway... everyone knew i was there... damn teenagers... i have COD on PS2 PS3 X-BOX and the Wii... LOL... serious... I really do... And can you guess what happened on day 3 of no COD? I searched for Call of Duty Modern War on my new iPad LOL... Funzio Modern War popped up... been playing it ever since... Every day... have not missed a day since November 2012.... cross addiction....

I also like the suggestion someone made about starting a Support Group for MW JUNKIES like us... for people who really do want to quit...

There is my input... Cross Addiction... please see the following website if you want to know how the "experts" feel about Cross Addiction before trying it at home people...

What? I'm out of mints? :(

http://www.promises.com/articles/addiction/cross-alcoholism/

thundarr
01-22-2014, 05:03 AM
I think he is pulling our respective legs since he is now on the add me forum looking for allies

Sgt. Fancypants
01-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Cross Addiction works for me when I want to quit something... "experts" will tell you that cross addiction is dangerous and it is not the answer... well... the "experts" aren't addicts now are they...

http://www.promises.com/articles/addiction/cross-alcoholism/

LOL I almost suggested to getting addicted to curing cancer or world peace above ^

good gawd noooo
01-22-2014, 01:32 PM
actually you can lose your original account info if you do a factory reset on your handset.. drawback is you also lose any personal data pictures that you might want to keep.. so save what is important and then do a factory reset. after that you would have to contact gree with all the info and wait a week or so to have it transferred back to phone..if you go threw all of that your not ready to quit anyway...but factory reset will wipe all data linking your phone to your old account.. good luck

Minister Timothy
01-22-2014, 01:53 PM
This is wild. I was going to start this same thread. But the bottom line is this. I am not a big gaming person. I only play MW. Out of all the games I have ever played, this is by far the most fun, intense, and interesting. I too have quit many times over the last year and a half. The last time being from Aug-Oct. I deleted all my money buildings last time and that was the best thing I could have ever done. The reason most people leave this game is not the cheating or Gree faux pas, but the time the whole thing takes up. Not having to worry about collecting on time and getting raided or trying to upgrade and all that has been the biggest freedom in this game for me. I told my faction that iph has never won a battle, but it can truly attract a mean fish. So...delete your money buildings, keep your boosts, and have fun.

Dirty Mind
01-22-2014, 03:46 PM
very easy. I had to do this with another game I played before this, in fact MW is my "cross addiction" from Infected's post.
Step 1: uninstall your game.
Step 2: go into itunes, or google play, find the button that says "install".
Step 3: DONT PRESS IT!!!!
Step 4: If you are insecure and crave attention, come back to the forums and start a thread telling everyone that you are retiring and wait for the comments to come in telling you how much you will be missed.

Pee-Wee Herman
01-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Get another addiction. Maybe you can join Ferr on online poker :)

2MblaZ
01-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Just do a factory data reset it deletes everything (including your account on modern war) it will just make you start all over and there's no fun to that. Im on a droid and this works just wanted to see if it did loose, but I dint want to quit so I recovered my account.

Not enough. You must NOT sign back on that device with same iTunes ID. That's it. Create a new ID, and when you sign in with it - game would be new from lvl 1. Same on android. Hope it helps ;]

La La594
01-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Transfer a new game level 1 to your device this will over write your game, then repeat until you only have L1 accts on both devices