PDA

View Full Version : Guild war match ups

geo81
01-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Okay I'm curious here. My guild didn't gem up this war because we didn't like the rewards so we stayed around 250-400, something like that. However more than half the guilds we fought were top 25. RR, war, konoha, CT, ivillage, ect. Does anyone know what determines how guilds get matched up? Did we get these tough battles because we placed 50th in the last big war? This is the only explanation I can come up with...

Just wondering, thanks!

warrior1991
01-20-2014, 04:38 PM
I believe its based on how many ppl are in the guild im not to sure but that's what Ive heard

Dark Prince
01-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Nuff said.

santesco
01-20-2014, 05:23 PM
in the past (early wars) i noticed never going outside a 50 difference in ranking, this seems to have changed, hell we even faced a rank 500 guild, i almost felt sorry for those guys.
but in blitz we fought with just 20 members and faced mainly guilds with 20 or so members.

Eunuchorn
01-20-2014, 05:29 PM
This has been a question across all Gree games since Gree existed. The first war was very evenly matched & as the algorithm has evolved we become more like the other games.

RNG + time declared / # of Members

EljayK
01-20-2014, 05:31 PM
So the best goal is 3 members who all have epic+ GW epics. Essentially making them unstoppable against their usual competition?

geo81
01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the input. We will see if the amount of players in the guild has an affect cause I fired some non actives during the war. Although we also placed poorly this go around so maybe that plays a role. Ha! Who knows is right.

EljayK
01-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Just check up one what your guild bonus % is.

We have 9/9/10/10/10. With full membership in a war we fight at least 2 rainbow guilds and 2 other top-tens per day. This war we had our usual ~28 battles. We fought a top 15 guild 13 times.

geo81
01-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Well we have been 100-250 every single war since the first and always about 10 people shy of our max, while never fighting any top 10 guild ever. After the last big war during Christmas time we got 50th and the guild exploded with people and was maxed out. Now, the war this past weekend we fight 3 top ten guilds and about 10 more top 50's, while we placed poorly. Hmmm yeah I would say y'all are right, member count has to play a role.

bosskiller
01-20-2014, 06:19 PM
My guild was in the top 10 the whole war, and one time we faced a guild that was not even in top 250. I got sick of looking, so I'm not sure how far down they were.

FreshRunner
01-20-2014, 06:53 PM
I think guild bonus must have a bit to do with it as well as member numbers. We're close to maxing out our bonus but havent been very strong lately and still come up against a few top 50 guilds.

Starwulf
01-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Surprised JStar or Daenrys hasn't posted here yet. I know our guild, The Iron Throne, was matched with guild after guild in the top 50, including 2 in the top 10(Majestic and Death Knights). It was just ridiculous, we didn't even bother with those wars(we are a mostly non-gemming guild, a few members buy a handful of gems, but the rest of us only use the free ones we have on hand at the time of war), we'd just wait the hour out and re-declare. Normally we face at least 1 or 2 guilds outside the top 200(we usually rank between 50-100), but not a single match-up that far out this time. I think the worst guild we faced was like rank 130ish or so.

Sol Invictus
01-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Imagine you're writing the code that governs how guilds are matched up.

You'd probably consider factors such as guild level, element bonus, levels of members, members stats and other things in order to get the best and most even match up possible. You'd try to write some complicated algorithm that compared all these relevant factors.

Now imagine you writing code that governs how guilds are matched up, and you work for GREE.

Dark Prince
01-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Believe what you want I couldn't care less, it's based on:

Time Declared and Average Level

If you think it's # of players in a guild your probably stupid.

bosskiller
01-20-2014, 08:54 PM

and you know this how?

shush
01-21-2014, 06:43 AM

I think people who think that others are dumb, without understanding how this works themself, look even dumber.

Number of players are part of the evaluation.

We have a fresh guild (just 1 week old) and we were put against guilds with ca. the same number of people. We were always between rank 250 and 300 still we got set up against guilds below rank 50.

I guess it checks first for best fit and starts to broaden the selection till you have a hit. That could mean in bad situations that you will get setup against top guilds.

just my opinion

firefly333
01-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Okay I'm curious here. My guild didn't gem up this war because we didn't like the rewards so we stayed around 250-400, something like that. However more than half the guilds we fought were top 25. RR, war, konoha, CT, ivillage, ect. Does anyone know what determines how guilds get matched up? Did we get these tough battles because we placed 50th in the last big war? This is the only explanation I can come up with...

Just wondering, thanks!

I sure would like a answer myself. My alt in a level 16 guild, with 29 players constantly faced top 25 guilds. We even fought DK.

Only one battle did I find anyone I could beat. I finally started hitting the gate each war tired of losing. My alt is now 2 1/2 weeks old and level 54, so has zero chance against anyone in top 25 guilds.

Id like to know too ...is it because our GM is level 100 someone said or his armors? Which guild statictics determine who you match up to.

GS placed #334 in the war, but #80 in the blitz.

Adisty
01-21-2014, 08:57 AM
I think it's guild level based. My guild has 5 members, level 17, and we faced a guild with 15+ members, but we also faced several 1 member guilds. We are all lv 100+, but we faced a single member guild that was less than lv 100 (I know this because 385 points of damage took out a follower with full health in 1 hit). 1 of the single member guilds was ranked in the 30's (Knights of Windia, if memory serves). What he/she did was attempted to defeat our sentinel, failed, and did not attack again.

I think these 1 member guilds are buying gems, keeping their guild level low to face other low level (and potentially weak) guilds, finding one they can easily spam and using their gems. When I checked the ranking of Knights of Windia, they had a 12-2 win/loss record. I don't remember how many points they had, but it was during the second day of war.

Bride of Eunuchorn
01-22-2014, 02:09 AM

RR empties out during blitz wars to help smaller Rco guilds, & always goes up against really low level, low member count guilds.
You sir, are a moron.

Purplemunkii
01-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Could it be a combination of all three? Guild level, avg level of membership and number of members?