PDA

View Full Version : (iOS) War 8 graphs

BethMo
01-20-2014, 02:14 PM
This war's Runic armor was far more useful than last war's Chromatic, and the numbers showed it. Highest top ten cutoff yet (notice the light grey dotted line showing the Santa war's cutoff), with a nail-biting finish! This time, Konoha lost the game of musical chairs by a mere quarter-million points.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7296/12058011475_627743ba3b.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3703/12058302003_2f6936883d.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3799/12058876026_1e81fb2064.jpg

cafedecoy
01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Thank you Beth! Exciting war!!! :D :D :D yeay

EljayK
01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Beth I love you.

Matty-cakes
01-20-2014, 06:00 PM
As always, thank you BethMo from all of the spreadsheet nerds like myself!

gitimiridi
01-20-2014, 06:19 PM
May ao **** phuc lop (http://hoatay.com.vn) dep va re

Zyntree
01-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Woo Hoo! I've always wanted to be in one of these graphs. Pulling out our first top 10 at #2 is pretty exciting. And MTF, bringing the heat as well. I was biting my nails at the end there. Thought RP was going to catch them for their #3 spot. Was also sorry to see Kon knocked out... Kaos really made a strong push right at the end. The last hour was a good one to watch the leader boards on.

Thanks for the Graphs BethMo - you and cafe keep things interesting here on the forums ;)

sxespanky
01-21-2014, 05:55 AM
it kinda looks like Rainbow could have just stopped at that 18M mark and still would have won. makes ya think about all those gems you could have saved for the next war. ;]

Sarah 101
01-21-2014, 07:16 AM
Rose and Beth the most helpful people's in this forum ^_^
Thanks for everything :)

The Pale Rider
01-21-2014, 07:45 AM
Konoha got caught thinking they had a comfortable margin. Amazing that they were third less than 8 hours before finish and ended up 11th.

The strategy of saving gems for a massive final battle for a million points (or more) looks like it was followed by everyone but Konoha (who tacked on apx 350K). RP almost caught 2nd from 9th. Scary how unpredictable that kind of finish is for everyone but RR. You need at least a million cushion to be comfortable you won't be caught on the last battle. Konoha had 500k cushion going into the last fight and 800k cushion going into the penultimate fight.

I'd like to know if they matched another top 10 guild. If you didn't catch an easy guild on the last fight or two and didn't get the win bonus, it had to be devastating.

The amazing thing is that there seems to always be at least 11 guilds in contention. If there were one less it would've been under 10 million. How does that keep happening?

template
01-21-2014, 08:09 AM
From what I understand Konoha matched Centurions on the last fight (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Bshappell
01-21-2014, 08:21 AM
We matched cents yes correct. We knew we didn't have a comfortable lead on the last few hours. Scored 300k last battle but it wasn't enough to get the win. Unlucky match for our last battle but, someone has to get 11th place. It was a fun war and very exciting to watch the last 6 hrs.

The Pale Rider
01-21-2014, 09:07 AM
We matched cents yes correct. We knew we didn't have a comfortable lead on the last few hours. Scored 300k last battle but it wasn't enough to get the win. Unlucky match for our last battle but, someone has to get 11th place. It was a fun war and very exciting to watch the last 6 hrs.

Absolutely. Classy comments Bshappell. That last battle with Cent must've been epic. Everyone rotating armors like crazy knowing a win might make the difference. Kind of the opposite of almost every other fight in a GW. Care to share some details? Was it close? Kudos to u2 for fighting it out and not stripping.

Eunuchorn
01-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Rose and Beth the most helpful people's in this forum ^_^
Thanks for everything :)
Add my name to this list plz.

it kinda looks like Rainbow could have just stopped at that 18M mark and still would have won. makes ya think about all those gems you could have saved for the next war. ;]
They say this every war. My response is why do you think we've been #1 every armor war. It's all mentality & none of you seem to have it.

taylor1993
01-21-2014, 10:22 AM

Sad to see your so naive as to think that we actually have a limit on gems. We enjoy playing the game. That's why we just keep on scoring. You should worried that we cruise to 23m points. In fact, it "makes ya think" what we could do if we actually tried.

Bshappell
01-21-2014, 10:30 AM
We were a simply out manned in the battle tht mattered most our primetime is sgt. And it was 6am sgt. Course I could blame it on leechers but every guild has their fair share of leechers so that would be unfair for us to make that as the excuse of why we got 11th.

BethMo
01-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Konoha got caught thinking they had a comfortable margin. Amazing that they were third less than 8 hours before finish and ended up 11th.

Fourth, not third -- first place is Rainbow Room way off the top of the close-up chart. But it's worse than that, actually. They were in fourth place just two hours before the end. Everyone zoomed past them in those last two battles. This was only possible because the pack competing for top ten were so tightly grouped. Only about 750k separated #4 from #11 at the two-hours-to-go mark, and we've seen guilds achieve over twice that in one battle against a stripped opponent... without counting the win bonus!

The amazing thing is that there seems to always be at least 11 guilds in contention. If there were one less it would've been under 10 million. How does that keep happening?

8 hours into the start of the war, it looked like that wasn't going to happen this time and it was going to be very boring. Rainbow Room had a big lead, then #2-10 were clustered, then a widening gap down to the next cluster. But two hours from then when I grabbed my next snapshot of the rankings, everything changed. Kaos jumped out of the lower pack, gaining over a million points to take 10th place away from Rainbow Party.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7296/12073223315_f5ce9ab261.jpg

The rest of the war was a fascinating scramble for places among the top 11, with positions changing every hour.

The Pale Rider
01-21-2014, 12:09 PM
I personally was pounded on for well over a million points in a single battle with a top 10 guild :)

Least this time we only matched with 3 of the top 11. I wonder if the guilds are just waiting for the right moment (e.g. a stripped GM), to gem as hard as possible for the full hour. So you get those big leaps.

A stripped GM is not just sure points, it's also very very fast points as each "fight" is one hit. I imagine you can burn a lot more gems in an hour that way.

Hai2yooo
01-21-2014, 01:12 PM

The strategy of saving gems for a massive final battle for a million points (or more) looks like it was followed by everyone but Konoha (who tacked on apx 350K). RP almost caught 2nd from 9th. Scary how unpredictable that kind of finish is for everyone but RR. You need at least a million cushion to be comfortable you won't be caught on the last battle. Konoha had 500k cushion going into the last fight and 800k cushion going into the penultimate fight.

I'd like to know if they matched another top 10 guild. If you didn't catch an easy guild on the last fight or two and didn't get the win bonus, it had to be devastating.

nah it wasnt that. we had the firepower. the last push is always tough on us because of our region. mainly sg based. i (its 3am-5am there when gw is ending. also a few leechers and players who had RL stuff hit. others stepped up to try and pick up fpr the others but obv not enough. not excuses, we loss to 10 other better guilds. js explaining what occured inside kon. great war to all involved! grats to all

Hai2yooo
01-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Sad to see your so naive as to think that we actually have a limit on gems. We enjoy playing the game. That's why we just keep on scoring. You should worried that we cruise to 23m points. In fact, it "makes ya think" what we could do if we actually tried.

you're* =)

taylor1993
01-21-2014, 04:33 PM
you're* =)

Either works. He is technically in possession of his naive thoughts. :P

Bride of Eunuchorn
01-22-2014, 01:56 AM
also a few leechers and players who had RL stuff hit. others stepped up to try and pick up fpr the others but obv not enough. not excuses, we loss to 10 other better guilds. js explaining what occured inside kon. great war to all involved! grats to all
Not true! Those guilds are absolutely not better than you based on leaderboard position! Just look what Paleman said in this very same thread!

I wonder if the guilds are just waiting for the right moment (e.g. a stripped GM), to gem as hard as possible for the full hour. So you get those big leaps.
A stripped GM is not just sure points, it's also very very fast points as each "fight" is one hit. I imagine you can burn a lot more gems in an hour that way.

You can stop wondering Pale; the only reason the top 10 has been the top 10 is because any scrub with a few gems & a maxed basic can get a million points off a stripped GM.

Konoha didn't deserve to be leapfrogged & definitely doesn't deserve to be plagued with leechers.

Sarah 101
01-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Add my name to this list plz.
we don't hate you ,it's ,like , umm you are funny ^_^
come back with new account ok ;)

Hai2yooo
01-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Not true! Those guilds are absolutely not better than you based on leaderboard position! Just look what Paleman said in this very same thread!

You can stop wondering Pale; the only reason the top 10 has been the top 10 is because any scrub with a few gems & a maxed basic can get a million points off a stripped GM.

Konoha didn't deserve to be leapfrogged & definitely doesn't deserve to be plagued with leechers.

in the end its a game =]. had a lot of fun playing and competing with everyone and meeting ppl across the world