PDA

View Full Version : A medal? Are you kidding me

SEC
01-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Now I know for some top teams with 60 members, incredibly high stats, and a lot of gold that getting 50 wins and getting consecutive win streaks is rather easier to accomplish. I am also aware that certain splinter teams under the radar or perhaps teams hovering around the rank of 4,000 might also have a fairly easy time reaching those goals. But to most of us it is a pretty big deal and takes a hell of a lot of work to win 35 battles and get the 7 in a row win streak.

I thought I would be proud to say that we accomplished both of these goals. But any pride was quickly displaced with shock, disbelief, and rage because after winning 35 battles instead of receiving a nice unit for all that work we received a medal, one single medal! Also after finishing 7 hard won wins in a row we also received another medal, one single medal. How utterly disappointing. I hope this stupid medal experiment will meet an abrupt end very soon since there seems to be rather universal displeasure at this reward. Had they at least given 5 medals to advance another level in the cycle goal chain that would have at least been a bit more palatable but not 1 single bloody medal for all that work when you also got 1 medal for defeating one person in the first battle. How are these remotely comparable but yet receive the same prize. Gree what in the world were you thinking when you guys thought this up?

Fait lux
01-19-2014, 10:39 PM
+1. It is really lame and so disappointing to get nothing for these levels. Medals are useless unless to 90% of the players. Thanks for nothing Gree.

Asto
01-19-2014, 10:44 PM
It won't end for another 2 World Domination's yet- there's still air medals and sea medals to come, great. The reason why gree are doing this is because a lot of the top 25 teams want every single medal so they have to complete every single event (not like they don't complete it anyway), but it also causes others to spend more. I've spent about 10k more gold than usual just to get 60 ground medals so imagine how much you need to spend to get 70. Also, I think we could see our first half a million unit when we get to sea medals so more people will be tempted to buy more gold (providing people haven't quit which is unlikely now).

But I do agree, gree should at least be handing out units AND medals.

Gree screwed me over big time as well. I decided to go solo in order to get 60 ground medals. With that comes 50 wins, at least 9 win streak and 1500 individual wins. Apart from having 12 hours sleep over the weekend, I've wasted between 4-6 hours waiting for match ups which inevitably has cost me the 12 win streak. There have been several occasions where I've waited 10-15 minutes before being matched. I certainly won't be spending 10k gold again

SEC
01-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Or at the very least handing out several medals for certain difficult milestones instead of one.

Ubnvs2
01-20-2014, 01:42 AM
If they start giving out medals like that all that will happen is that the medal tally will be higher to reach the same goals.

Vegaman
01-20-2014, 07:37 AM
So there is justice at the end of the line .....

Having had stupid match ups that are too say the Bizarre.

Being pummelled by idiotic streak teams of 6-10 super players ....

I smiled a smirky smile 😏 after reading this thread.

So glad we got a medal for starting the war. We would have been even more pi ss ed if we had fought like you guys. Lol

SEC
01-20-2014, 08:17 AM
If they start giving out medals like that all that will happen is that the medal tally will be higher to reach the same goals.

Unfortunately I think you are right. If they gave 5 medals for 35 wins then they would likely require 50 to get a nice unit instead of 45. This has been how things were done in the past simply raise the stakes if they give gifts. However, if they kept the bar the same and gave 5 medals to advance to the next Cycle goal then I don't think there would be as much outrage. Let's not forget these pixelated tanks and planes cost them nothing to create. The controversy comes over the fact that attaining all these 2D pixelated items to boost our virtual armies should not suffer from an inflation level of difficulty comparable to that of the Weimar republic. Stop raising the bar Gree, 35 wins and a 7 win win streak both deserve units and not simply another token on the way to yet another goal. Raise the price or difficulty of attaining your pixelated weaponry too high Gree and we might start to realize just how meaningless they are in the grand scheme of things.

warrends
01-20-2014, 09:29 AM
... I've spent about 10k more gold than usual just to get 60 ground medals ...

10k??? I've spent 75 gold to get 55 medals. What am I doing right? Or what are you doing wrong? Or maybe that gap from 55 to 60 is huge. But I don't think it's nearly 10k huge. A few more bosses and a few more faction wins in war. That's about all I/we didn't do.

Luuzer
01-21-2014, 01:08 PM
It won't end for another 2 World Domination's yet- there's still air medals and sea medals to come, great. The reason why gree are doing this is because a lot of the top 25 teams want every single medal so they have to complete every single event (not like they don't complete it anyway), but it also causes others to spend more. I've spent about 10k more gold than usual just to get 60 ground medals so imagine how much you need to spend to get 70. Also, I think we could see our first half a million unit when we get to sea medals so more people will be tempted to buy more gold (providing people haven't quit which is unlikely now).

But I do agree, gree should at least be handing out units AND medals.

Gree screwed me over big time as well. I decided to go solo in order to get 60 ground medals. With that comes 50 wins, at least 9 win streak and 1500 individual wins. Apart from having 12 hours sleep over the weekend, I've wasted between 4-6 hours waiting for match ups which inevitably has cost me the 12 win streak. There have been several occasions where I've waited 10-15 minutes before being matched. I certainly won't be spending 10k gold again

U must be spending Ur money VERY wrong. I'm totally free player and I made it to 58 medals, and I didnt even make it to boss lvl 50 (not enough time). So if to look at things, I could of gotten medal or two from here and there and gotten 60 for free!!! From faction didnt get many. We didnt even get streak of 4 cause of all that streak killings and had more losses than wins during this WD :(

AlexFoo
01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
we loved the medals... a lot of us needed 1 or 2 to get to 65, so those last few for 35 wins and streaks made all the difference.

not unhappy at all.

jester1989
01-21-2014, 01:37 PM
whats bad about a medal??