PDA

View Full Version : Did you get fooled into joining a faction?

General Nu
01-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Did you get fooled into joining a faction? Did the recruiter make claims that were untrue or that he couldn't deliver? I'm concerned at the turn recruiting has taken and it seems like recruits are buying into it.

Recruiting has changed from being WD war weekend based to Faction Event based. Want to know why? It's unverifiable. The results of faction events are not posted. WD war weekend results are posted on this website and can be verified. If a faction is claiming 5 epic boss days finished or FLTQ completion ALWAYS look them up in the results of the last war weekend.

I'm not saying all claims are false. Some factions complete these events, however, they are the minority not the majority. If factions are spending that much gold to complete these events I would expect to see them in the top 150 results of the latest war weekend. If they aren't ask them to become allies so you can search their profile inventory for the reward unit(s) given for the event in question. All the reward units are posted in the General Forum section of this website. They could also provide a screenshot of their faction screen shortly before they finish the event. This could easily be taken and provided and recruits should demand to see this.

DFI
01-20-2014, 12:42 AM
Is this a statement or you looking for a response?

Untrue claims - you need to be an informed buyer.
Couldn't deliver - the game keeps changing, sometimes that's life. Did the recruiter/leader at least try?

It seems like after you joined, you could have checked his inventory. Due to burn out, it's a buyers market for good players. Go with the trusted names, get a reference, think of it as a job search. I've been extremely happy with every faction I have been with. The only time I took a flier was the first time when I used the faction function to find a team. Good luck.

General Nu
01-20-2014, 06:44 AM
Just wanted to get the word out there. No response nescessary unless someone has had a similar experience and would like to get the word out.

Great suggestions! Anyone else have any ideas how to identify a bad faction from a good faction?

droffatsto50
01-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Amount of posts on forum may help. If a person has joined to just make that 1 post then I may not trust them as well, but if a member is active in other sections too then I know that they are more trustworthy. Of course this doesn't apply to all but im always a little more wary with low post players.