PDA

View Full Version : Wall down, lower points??

KillerDriller
01-19-2014, 09:59 AM
I hit four rivals in a faction we were matched against and got in the 250 point range on each. We then took down their level ten wall and i hit the same four people again. Each time i got between 40 and 60 points LESS. WTF??? What happened to the 75% points reduction with wall up? Just another Greedy screw up? Does this mean that hitting wall is a waste of time?

erickd271
01-19-2014, 10:08 AM
My minis team has left the wall up several times and I've gotten 248-304 pts

KillerDriller
01-19-2014, 10:12 AM
My minis team has left the wall up several times and I've gotten 248-304 pts

I believe we may have to rethink our plan. It is better to get a couple hundred points with their wall up than get 80 points for a wall hit to take it down.

MadAtWorld
01-19-2014, 10:37 AM
There is an identical thread like this every war. There is a glitch. The problem is... it is not consistent. Sometimes, I will hit with wall up and get full points. Sometimes I won't. And sometimes I will get the points but my faction mate will got the same target and the wall works against him. We considered a change in strategy but rarely do since we cannot predict the outcome.

KillerDriller
01-19-2014, 10:48 AM
There is an identical thread like this every war. There is a glitch. The problem is... it is not consistent. Sometimes, I will hit with wall up and get full points. Sometimes I won't. And sometimes I will get the points but my faction mate will got the same target and the wall works against him. We considered a change in strategy but rarely do since we cannot predict the outcome.

Interesting, i hadn't experimented with it enough to see what you mention. Thanks.

Dutchie
01-19-2014, 11:07 AM

I have never achieved more than 400 points with the wall up, but have done so with the wall down. So there is a differential between the two but due to the random nature and the wide spread of the points awarded regardless as to whether the wall is up or down, people are frustrated with the inconsistency and as usual we see the same thread on the subject during every WD event... It has been like this since Brazil (a year ago now) and I don't see it being changed either.

Brizzol
01-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Last war I was able to score over 400 through the wall. This war however around 340 is the highest and that isn't very often mostly mid 200 hits and that is a level 64 attacking mid level 200 players....If anything walls seem to be working this time around in my opinion.