PDA

View Full Version : New Strategies for WD

Agent Orange
01-19-2014, 07:49 AM
Since there seems to be a trend towards threads detailing issues with matching I thought I would toss out some strategies.

1) Only play during the first 2 days, why because by day 3 (Sunday) those with weak or poorly set up factions will have given up and quit.

2) Do not declare during the morning on a Sunday, only the hard core players are awake and ready to kick your butt.

3) Do not spend gold, if you do you just reinforce the problem.

4) rethink your faction setup, obviously if you are getting your arse handed to you by factions much stronger then you have two choices quit or rethink who is in your faction and how big it is.

Personally I don't see a quick solution to the problem. Well actually there was but it means that folks will start to complain again about how long it takes to match up factions. Why so slow? Because originally the server used the faction size as a parameter in matching so there was a higher level of chance that you would get a fair fight. But when the devs decided to speed things up to settle complaints they took that parameter out and now you have this new 'problem'

Overall what I am seeing is more and more factions pulling out and this will lead to the end of WD and perhaps the game. So combine that with the matching issues I would expect to see even more lopsided matchings since there will be less and less factions to match….

Kennetth
01-19-2014, 07:57 AM
That's why Gree introduced the individual LTQs for WD, people will spend to get those units, I don't see an end to that problem.

Dutchie
01-19-2014, 08:01 AM
I whole-heartily agree AO... Top post and hopefully some factions will adapt and make the changes rather than wait for GREE to make them as I seriously doubt they will for various reasons I touched upon in some other threads.

Stacey
01-19-2014, 08:03 AM
Time to take a break from MW during the WD event and go outside. It isn't any fun playing anymore so we will just do the other events.

Dutchie
01-19-2014, 08:04 AM
Time to take a break from MW during the WD event and go outside. It isn't any fun playing anymore so we will just do the other events.I was the same until I became a streaker and now this event is fun again. You should seriously consider this option...

Systematrix
01-19-2014, 11:33 AM
I was the same until I became a streaker and now this event is fun again. You should seriously consider this option...

Wholeheartedly agree, streaking has introduced new strategies that have revived my enthusiasm for the wars.

Agent Orange
01-19-2014, 12:38 PM
I was the same until I became a streaker and now this event is fun again. You should seriously consider this option...

Also agree, hence the comment about rethinking strategies… ;)

Sinisterclick
01-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Must admit when l quit leading a large faction l set up a streak faction.. The other team members are hardcore and we had a great time. I left the game after Cuba,because just couldn't put the time in any more... We always got the 50 wins and 7, 8 or 9 streak.. Never the 12 though... Not through lack of trying.. Streaking certainly kept me in the game a few more months... Anyhow completely stress free and more time with the family now .. Keep up the good work AO and Dutchie... (Roborhino previously of Expendables 2) ..

Bravo Zulu
01-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Since there seems to be a trend towards threads detailing issues with matching I thought I would toss out some strategies.

1) Only play during the first 2 days, why because by day 3 (Sunday) those with weak or poorly set up factions will have given up and quit.

2) Do not declare during the morning on a Sunday, only the hard core players are awake and ready to kick your butt.

3) Do not spend gold, if you do you just reinforce the problem.

4) rethink your faction setup, obviously if you are getting your arse handed to you by factions much stronger then you have two choices quit or rethink who is in your faction and how big it is.

Personally I don't see a quick solution to the problem. Well actually there was but it means that folks will start to complain again about how long it takes to match up factions. Why so slow? Because originally the server used the faction size as a parameter in matching so there was a higher level of chance that you would get a fair fight. But when the devs decided to speed things up to settle complaints they took that parameter out and now you have this new 'problem'

Overall what I am seeing is more and more factions pulling out and this will lead to the end of WD and perhaps the game. So combine that with the matching issues I would expect to see even more lopsided matchings since there will be less and less factions to match….

Thanks for #2.
As I thought back to this morning, and being up at 7am (with the kids I swear!) and taking a few wins with a couple other awake faction mates- I laughed out loud. I'm still laughing. It just got to me... Still laughing...

So next war on Sunday I'm sleeping in (oh, I mean will be up with the kids again). But l won't be talking on groupme to former hard core faction mates in other factions, or playing with the hardcore members of my team either. Or raiding (killer money on Sundays). Nope. I'm hanging up... Nah. Kidding. I'm just still laughing.

This post is the best war post of Chile.

Maverick0073
01-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Dutchie , I hope that was your streak faction that we just handed you your ass. Hahaha hope we ***ed your whole weekend. Like you did to so many other factions

Mw addict
01-19-2014, 07:21 PM
You get high stat players breaking they factions into little groups where you have no chance beating them and they just sit and watch to make sure you don't hit the command centre enough keeping the points as low as possible to continue being matched up with factions that don't have one player with stats to beat any of they players

JustTVH
01-20-2014, 07:36 AM
streak factions can be easily beaten. Just takes STRATAGY. Reverse psychology even

free play
01-20-2014, 08:11 AM
streak factions can be easily beaten. Just takes STRATAGY. Reverse psychology even

They can with a tonne of gold, we have tried as we have had at least 30 battles with steak teams and lost mostly by a couple k points.
Pity, game is ruined unless you are in a streak team waiting to get matched up with the little guys. That's a design flaw in the game.

Your winning be default,

Eduard
01-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Gree must stop with prices for winning battles and streak prices then the problem is over.
Or give low prices that are not interesting for top teams

Every other solution doesn't work

penguinwss
01-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Maybe they could up cc points to like 150 to give little guys a shot to with gold

Dutchie
01-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Dutchie , I hope that was your streak faction that we just handed you your ass. Hahaha hope we ***ed your whole weekend. Like you did to so many other factionsNope... We had a great time and achieved the 9 streak win which allowed a team mate to complete the Warpath to Chile event without having to do 1500 wins. But fair play to you guys for spending 2000 gold and scoring 100k by hitting 1 player non-stop... I was fast asleep at the time...

Dutchie
01-20-2014, 09:30 AM
streak factions can be easily beaten. Just takes STRATAGY. Reverse psychology evenOr plenty of gold... See above post!

VikingsVoice
01-20-2014, 09:39 AM
If you streak properly, you will need less than 1500 gold per person. you will however need a sock for cold weather. ;)

Agent Orange
01-20-2014, 11:30 AM
They can with a tonne of gold, we have tried as we have had at least 30 battles with steak teams and lost mostly by a couple k points.
Pity, game is ruined unless you are in a streak team waiting to get matched up with the little guys. That's a design flaw in the game.

Your winning be default,

I guess that begs the question, how large was your faction and did you have all your guys there?

It is possible to beat streak teams, with the exception of the heavy gold spending 4 man team I hit the other day but yes you have to use some strategy to win. Also helps when all your team members are your LLPs….. but I digress.

Agent Orange
01-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Gree must stop with prices for winning battles and streak prices then the problem is over.
Or give low prices that are not interesting for top teams

Every other solution doesn't work

Actually if done correctly a free playing team with good strategy can take advantage of these prizes and in the bigger scheme of things they are far more useful to lower level lower stat players than to the monster players with already high stats in the high levels. I have been for the past two WD's, but then I also came to the realization as a free player that I would NEVER be a contender for the top mega spending factions and that doesn't bother me either. I just have fun playing when I feel like it and testing theories as I go.

Maverick0073
01-20-2014, 12:35 PM
It was worth it to just to crush one of these stupid teams that just cause all the normal teams to lose there streaks. Btw we were on 1/6 so it was just pure hatred of streak teams that we did it. Unfortunately we faced Joe's army Straigh after yours Dutchie( a better streak team than yours) they massed 30k in the first 2minutes even with a lvl 15 wall still up. ( we are extreemly disaplined and we dont give points) we spot these streakteams easily since you asses never have walls . we played dead possum til 20 minutes and then jumped , with just one of our players that could hit anything we massed 70k , but they managed to get there team mobile and beat us 78k to 70k even with 40 of our players trying to hit the cc in the last minute. In the end we were very satisfied that we pushed there score up and theybwould soon be facing much tougher teams.

Btw if we do come across a streak team that we have no target we find the lowest level and attack it non stop giving that team close to 50k so we can get them up in the standings. This is what everyone needs to do , so they get matched with top 100 teams that will have a target and they will then lose. The sooner everyone does this the sooner streak teams will stop

free play
01-20-2014, 12:46 PM
It was worth it to just to crush one of these stupid teams that just cause all the normal teams to lose there streaks. Btw we were on 1/6 so it was just pure hatred of streak teams that we did it. Unfortunately we faced Joe's army Straigh after yours Dutchie( a better streak team than yours) they massed 30k in the first 2minutes even with a lvl 15 wall still up. ( we are extreemly disaplined and we dont give points) we spot these streakteams easily since you asses never have walls . we played dead possum til 20 minutes and then jumped , with just one of our players that could hit anything we massed 70k , but they managed to get there team mobile and beat us 78k to 70k even with 40 of our players trying to hit the cc in the last minute. In the end we were very satisfied that we pushed there score up and theybwould soon be facing much tougher teams.

Btw if we do come across a streak team that we have no target we find the lowest level and attack it non stop giving that team close to 50k so we can get them up in the standings. This is what everyone needs to do , so they get matched with top 100 teams that will have a target and they will then lose. The sooner everyone does this the sooner streak teams will stop

Good plan but does it really work, seems most of the matchups where totally based on over all faction stats. So many battles where against streak and teams that were 700 places above us, our score did not come into it.

Like the idea though, we tried hard to beat some if them but they just stayed a couple k points ahead all the time, that's with 30 to 40 players on

Dutchie
01-20-2014, 12:58 PM
One of our losses was to Joe Army too... We got the 9 win streak in the end but for us it is not about the rewards... It is about having fun again in the WD event and the whole team agreed that it was a lot more fun than being in a top 75 faction. Some of our team members went to a faction who finished top 10... I could have done the same if I wanted to but I have many reasons why I didn't. Gold wasn't one of them as I would have used the same amount whatever I did.

We would have loved it if you gave us extra points as we had to spend a little gold to secure top 500. We certainly didn't keep our score down to "stay low". We used all our free bullets wherever and whenever we could... So please deploy that tactic to give us points if you can't find a target ;)

Dutchie
01-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Actually if done correctly a free playing team with good strategy can take advantage of these prizes and in the bigger scheme of things they are far more useful to lower level lower stat players than to the monster players with already high stats in the high levels. I have been for the past two WD's, but then I also came to the realization as a free player that I would NEVER be a contender for the top mega spending factions and that doesn't bother me either. I just have fun playing when I feel like it and testing theories as I go.

Bravo AO! People think we play the game just for the rewards... however they aren't the be all and end all. Like you said... it is about having fun, after all, this is entertainment but it seems too many people get wrapped up in the reward system and will do anything at all costs and completely forget the fun element!

If you are not having fun in the WD events... change the way you play the game! It is what I did and I am reaping the benefits without the need for the rewards. They are simply a bonus at the end of the day!

Dutchie
01-20-2014, 01:17 PM
@freeplay - one of their guys or the team dumped 2000 gold on us... It ended 15k vs 101k, so unless you spend serious gold, you might not always win against the streakers. I might go with a top 10 next WD event... Never being there before, just to see what it is like and get to face the SUP teams. They won't like me anyway as I'm lvl 105 ;)