PDA

View Full Version : Gree explain this strategy to me

DTA-HOG
01-18-2014, 04:54 PM
You give crap prizes to individuals that get hundred and even thousands of kills which requires a TON of gold, but you give away rediculiously high stat prizes to teams getting streaks. Most of these streak teams are just super high stat players, which are prize junkies btw, and they just sit there using minimal gold to win because 99% of the teams can't touch them. Why don't you make the streak prizes weak so that you get your high stat monsters spending stupid amounts of gold again, and give us guys coming up the ranks some decent units for dropping 3 vaults to get 500 kills.

Another thing I would like confirmed is this WD point scoring theory. It is believed that if multiple people hit the same target at the same time, the points received will be a lot less than if only one person was hitting that target. This would explain why you find a low stat high level player that is perfect for getting 450 WD points from, and 1 out of 3 times you will get 200 points. Is this part of the point computation algorithm?

As always... Thank you for your time CJ and you other mods. Great job on Crushing Chile. It ran, so far, as smooth as butter.

Romulus.
01-18-2014, 05:08 PM
You are all around the forum my man, go make war a little kill people lol.

DTA-HOG
01-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Bro I have 4 kids. MW is my escape. I used to smoke crack. A vault is a little cheaper! Lmao

Dutchie
01-18-2014, 05:59 PM
You are all around the forum my man, go make war a little kill people lol. That's because he is a sad trolling twat that litters this forum with his utter crap contradicting himself in his every other post. As they say, there is one born every minute.

Mr. Artois
01-18-2014, 06:19 PM
You are all around the forum my man, go make war a little kill people lol.

Hello Romulus 😄

DTA-HOG
01-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Still looking forward to your answer CJ. I'm gonna bump this thread everyday til we get a response. Anyone else have some legit questions thy would like answered? I'm not going to threaten to quit over this and I promise to keep it civil from now on. All I ask for is an answer... Even if it's "No, you are wrong", and "No, we think its fair to give mega prizes to factions that hide amoungst the top 4000 and use minimal gold, and No you don't deserve crap for spending 4 vaults to get 700 kills."

Thanks mods!

goldacre84
01-20-2014, 10:08 AM
I think if you're spending 3 vaults to get 700 kills knowing the prize is rubbish...you need your head examining!

DTA-HOG
01-20-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm spending that to maintain top 25 in my faction. 500 is 3. 700 is 4 btw.

CJ54
01-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Hey, please don't bump threads to get them mod attention (if everyone starts doing that, the signal to noise ratio goes south), but I appreciate the constructive attitude.

I do see where you're coming from, but the streak goals (as far as difficulty->reward) were designed more with the people who are NOT the top monsters in mind. It's not that you don't deserve crap for the standard war effort, although it is possible that the standard WD prizes could use a bump in terms of bonus strength* or whatnot, and that's worth looking into.

*For what it is worth, the designers are looking into some ways to make some of the not-as-valued bonuses more worthwhile through other gameplay elements, which should also significantly bump up the overall value of placing higher in the rankings.

crazeejay
01-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Someone throw this guy a box of Kleenex for cripe sakes!

alphakennybody
01-20-2014, 11:07 AM
You give crap prizes to individuals that get hundred and even thousands of kills which requires a TON of gold, but you give away rediculiously high stat prizes to teams getting streaks. Most of these streak teams are just super high stat players, which are prize junkies btw, and they just sit there using minimal gold to win because 99% of the teams can't touch them. Why don't you make the streak prizes weak so that you get your high stat monsters spending stupid amounts of gold again, and give us guys coming up the ranks some decent units for dropping 3 vaults to get 500 kills.

Another thing I would like confirmed is this WD point scoring theory. It is believed that if multiple people hit the same target at the same time, the points received will be a lot less than if only one person was hitting that target. This would explain why you find a low stat high level player that is perfect for getting 450 WD points from, and 1 out of 3 times you will get 200 points. Is this part of the point computation algorithm?

As always... Thank you for your time CJ and you other mods. Great job on Crushing Chile. It ran, so far, as smooth as butter.
Who said streakers dont spend a vault or even vaults, trust me it cost to win streaks to, and if you think it doesnt go ahead and give streaking a try and see why those units are nice, and you don't have to be freak string to win. IJS

AndreGoJ
01-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Hey, please don't bump threads to get them mod attention (if everyone starts doing that, the signal to noise ratio goes south), but I appreciate the constructive attitude.

I do see where you're coming from, but the streak goals (as far as difficulty->reward) were designed more with the people who are NOT the top monsters in mind. It's not that you don't deserve crap for the standard war effort, although it is possible that the standard WD prizes could use a bump in terms of bonus strength* or whatnot, and that's worth looking into.

*For what it is worth, the designers are looking into some ways to make some of the not-as-valued bonuses more worthwhile through other gameplay elements, which should also significantly bump up the overall value of placing higher in the rankings.

CJ, the problem is that, despite developers' intentions, the lower groups are not reaping the benefits of the streak rewards due to high-powered splinter factions dominating matches among the weaker rankings.

alphakennybody
01-20-2014, 11:11 AM
CJ, the problem is that, despite developers' intentions, the lower groups are not reaping the benefits of the streak rewards due to high-powered splinter factions dominating matches among the weaker rankings.
GSF said it best whoever spends wins, im sorry its not gree setting the standard, it the guys you think are crazy for spending on a app(keyword APP), also its not how much you spend but how you spend it, if you're smart.

free play
01-20-2014, 11:25 AM

Will this fix bd in place got the next war, also will it possibly lesson the chances of a 1000 team been matched with a 150 team which had happened to us allot this war, that's not to mention the streak teams we faced,

There has to be more done to fix the issue other wise the true reason to start and grow factions will be lost, the walls are nearly non existent with the streak teams already, as you just said the reason to hit the cc is for more points against teams that you can't hit so make the points higher for hitting the cc, there are so many ways to stop the streak teams with out changing your formula, easiest one is to make the rewards less appealing with no bonus and make the reward better in ranking as you have just said,

After all there only set up for the streak reward and there not spending much gold because they don't need to when there matched against teams that can only hit there cc, not fun at all, 30 of our match ups where like that

DTA-HOG
01-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the quick comment CJ. Great job maintaining the traffic in chile to you and your team. I do see your point, and many do benefit from this, but I think more harm is being done than good. Take the 8 threads we have now on match ups. Those would all be depleted if streak teams were put into a different category for matchups or else don't make it so tempting to break off your faction and go kick some top 4000 butt.

Could you please comment on the points scoring algorithm theory? Thanks

DTA-HOG
01-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Who said streakers dont spend a vault or even vaults, trust me it cost to win streaks to, and if you think it doesnt go ahead and give streaking a try and see why those units are nice, and you don't have to be freak string to win. IJS

You spend vaults and get a half mil increase in stats. I spend vaults and get 25k increase in stats. See my point?

Major Elvis Newton
01-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Bottom line is when a top 10 faction declares, they're gonna get a matchup with someone and it may not be another top 10. It may not even be a top 25. Just depends who is declaring at the same time.

DTA-HOG
01-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Bottom line is when a top 10 faction declares, they're gonna get a matchup with someone and it may not be another top 10. It may not even be a top 25. Just depends who is declaring at the same time.

We are a top 25 team and we don't fight anyone less than top 100.... Ever

These complaints are all from lower level factions getting matched up with streak teams. They are not facing SUP1... I assure you this.

good gawd noooo
01-20-2014, 02:21 PM
I don't usually post on these topics but obviously I will this time. My faction is a top 400 and we faced several top 50 and top 100 teams this time.. and got our butts kicked.. and we also faced streak teams. the streak teams need to be dealt with. a team of 15 or so people with lowest stats being 20 mil and their ranking in the top 1000 just so they face easy wins... how are any normal teams supposed to compete with them. Not to mention that in order to get to 20 mil stats the most likely have every bonus to get faster regen do more free attacks as well. Yes I know they are taking advantage of flaw in system and kudos for that.. but.. this has been issue for months the "system" should of corrected for the flaw so others don't suffer. It is really hard to keep up moral in a faction when we face top factions leap and bounds above us.. but we can deal with that IF you equaled out the playing field and eliminated the super mini factions.. either disallow factions without members of normal stats OR create a separate teir for factions like them so they fight amongst themselves allowing normal factions a fair shot at a streak reward. personally I went up a quarter mil from war using only one vault.. think it would only be fair is others had a fair shot as well.. btw that is without the good streak rewards I think my faction only got to the third streak

alphakennybody
01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
You spend vaults and get a half mil increase in stats. I spend vaults and get 25k increase in stats. See my point?half a mil increase? Lol if you only knew.

Dirty Mind
01-20-2014, 04:37 PM
I tried streaking once. the police frown upon it.

Sniper76
01-20-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm sitting here reading this and I may suffer from lack of sleep but you guys are crying about streak teams?? We were beat more than once by teams who shouldn't have because they came up with a plan to ambush the CC at the correct time. Streaking isn't easy and it is quite boring as you get a lead and hold it. If done right it streak teams are beatable. You will also get the chance to get your 1500 wins when streak teams don't have that chance. Use your head and come up with ideas to beat streak teams instead of crying about it. I suppose you also get angry when you get raided.

DTA-HOG
01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
No one is complaining about streak teams. The problem is the over-inflated stats a streaker gets quite easily I might add vs someone grinding it out getting kills for the team and getting crap rewards for doing so. The streak teams my faction faces are unbeatable. 20 guys with a minimum of 30mil defense. Let's see your game plan on that one my friend.

Sniper76
01-20-2014, 06:55 PM
No one is complaining about streak teams. The problem is the over-inflated stats a streaker gets quite easily I might add vs someone grinding it out getting kills for the team and getting crap rewards for doing so. The streak teams my faction faces are unbeatable. 20 guys with a minimum of 30mil defense. Let's see your game plan on that one my friend.
Just like the way we lost. Get everyone together and hit the CC. You need all hands on deck and sometimes it's power attacks. That is something you need to figure out for your stats.

Freedebob
01-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Why so many vaults for ur wins? I used 1000 maybe and had 250 wins need to be active bro

nhulanto166
01-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Đổ mực máy in (http://dvn.vn/chi-tiet-tin/38/25/do-muc-may-in.html)

Đổ mực máy in máy fax máy photocopy ÁP DỤNG (06-05-2012)

Kính Gửi : Quý khách hàng

Công ty DVN (http://dvn.vn) xin trân trọng gửi tới quý khách hàng bảng báo giá sau..TTTên Hộp mực được đổMã máy in sử dụngĐơn giá (VNĐ)1Hộp mực HP LaserJet 05AĐổ mực máy in HP LaserJet P2030, P2035, P2035n, P2050, 2055, P2055d, P2055dn, P2055x80.0002Hộp mực HP LaserJet 11AĐổ mực máy in HP LaserJet 2410, 2420, 243080.000

Swamp rat
01-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Streaking takes a lot more strategy than running with a large faction pounding away trying to score as many points as possible. That was fun for awhile but got boring. Also as stated before the rewards suck compared to what you can achieve with a streak team. I'm in a top 750 faction but for the last few wars have splintered off to a streak team and gained most of my top 10 units this way. For someone that spends less than a vault a month streaking is the only way to keep up with the stat inflation. Unless your camping in a very generous faction. I also came across a 3 person streak team with a member named after someone that types in blue ;)

DTA-HOG
01-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Just like the way we lost. Get everyone together and hit the CC. You need all hands on deck and sometimes it's power attacks. That is something you need to figure out for your stats.

Why so many vaults for ur wins? I used 1000 maybe and had 250 wins need to be active bro

That makes sense... You had at least 100 free hits and 1000 gold for the other 150. Do the math. I also take down a lot of walls and PA the DL. I am a team player. It's definitely not all about me. I would however like to be rewarded for my hard work. I'm sure everyone else feels this way too.

DTA-HOG
01-20-2014, 08:33 PM
CJ.... Word on the street is that in order to get the latest set of objectives, one must have the latest update. Where did you get this brilliant idea from? Oh that's right... ME! Instead of giving me a bunch of free gold, I would like you to consider raising the prizes quite a bit for Individual WD awards. I'm not talking about the one for 1500 kills which is 9 vaults btw. I'm talking about everything that costs more than a vault... That's $80 bro. Come on now.

good gawd noooo
01-20-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm sitting here reading this and I may suffer from lack of sleep but you guys are crying about streak teams?? We were beat more than once by teams who shouldn't have because they came up with a plan to ambush the CC at the correct time. Streaking isn't easy and it is quite boring as you get a lead and hold it. If done right it streak teams are beatable. You will also get the chance to get your 1500 wins when streak teams don't have that chance. Use your head and come up with ideas to beat streak teams instead of crying about it. I suppose you also get angry when you get raided.
personally I would like to see proof that your average stats team has beaten a streak team.. then perhaps you can actually share your strategy. the streak teams tends to be twice the stats of your highest player therefore doing a pa is a loss. and hitting the cc gets you a whopping 90 wd. while if they find a decent target in your group each hit is getting them at least 400wd even assuming you have 60 members and they only have 15 each round they are still scoring more points then you. and no I don't fault these streak teams for taking advantage that is part of the strategy of the game. BUT I do fault gree for being fully aware of it and NOT doing anything to close the advantage. My team is full of average players that work their butt off to score what they can with average atk of about 2 mil and average defense of 3 or 4 mil. got some higher and some lower. now you tell me how we are suppose to be able to beat a faction that is ranked 1200 but their lowest member of 15 is 12 million defense. its just NOT gonna happen. and my faction a top 400 mind you cant beat a team ranked 1200 because of the way gree sets their matchups.. with those stats they should be facing nothing but top 10 factions.. so they have to work for their wins

DTA-HOG
01-20-2014, 08:45 PM

personally I would like to see proof that your average stats team has beaten a streak team.. then perhaps you can actually share your strategy. the streak teams tends to be twice the stats of your highest player therefore doing a pa is a loss. and hitting the cc gets you a whopping 90 wd. while if they find a decent target in your group each hit is getting them at least 400wd even assuming you have 60 members and they only have 15 each round they are still scoring more points then you. and no I don't fault these streak teams for taking advantage that is part of the strategy of the game. BUT I do fault gree for being fully aware of it and NOT doing anything to close the advantage. My team is full of average players that work their butt off to score what they can with average atk of about 2 mil and average defense of 3 or 4 mil. got some higher and some lower. now you tell me how we are suppose to be able to beat a faction that is ranked 1200 but their lowest member of 15 is 12 million defense. its just NOT gonna happen. and my faction a top 400 mind you cant beat a team ranked 1200 because of the way gree sets their matchups.. with those stats they should be facing nothing but top 10 factions.. so they have to work for their wins

He hasn't faced a streak team like this thread is referring to. The guys I'm talking about wouldn't think twice about scoring 2mil in a battle if they had to. The thing is that they don't have to, and that's why I'm mad about it.

Adm.J
01-21-2014, 04:00 AM
We are a top 25 team and we don't fight anyone less than top 100.... EverThese complaints are all from lower level factions getting matched up with streak teams. They are not facing SUP1... I assure you this. Uh guess again. We ended up closer to 1000 than 750, and we faced a number of teams in the 100-150 range. I don't care for facing a streak team, but I'm fine with them existing. But when you face streak teams and teams 800 places above you, it all becomes a lot of bull**** real fast. If matchups against teams outranking you by that much are grees answer to shutting down the streakers, it isn't working.

Marcusfiahie
01-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Just quick comment. Streaking is just strategy. It is not as hard or easy as pounding out top 250 or higher! This is a war/Strategy game you will always have to deal with those that either out spend you or out think you. Simple as that. I am in both a rank faction and a stream faction and can say there is no advantage to either. Ranks give boost, streaking gives bigger units.

CJ thanks for the comments I would love bigger boost for the ranking factions.

Swamp rat
01-21-2014, 05:06 AM
Wow you're an idiot. If streaking is so easy... Lets see you do it. You wouldn't even know where to start. Streaks, BY FAR, require WAY more activity. We are constantly on PAL for 72 hours. We have to adjust our schedules to other members. We sleep at times which we usually don't to ensure constant declaration. We exchange phone numbers and accept that we may be woken up at 3am. It blows my mind how stupid you all are. ANYONE can streak regardless of strength. All it takes is some brains, gold and a severe addiction. Streaks are like surgery and you are just hammering nails. It takes making constant judgement calls based on how you perceive the opposing faction. Yes.. Often you are facing crumb bums and take easy wins. But even ONE loss can end this which means you have to be available at the drop of a hat. One loss.. Just ONE at the wrong time and all the sleepless nights... All the hours of annoying friends and family... The late night calls... And the gold (yes it can be very expensive) is all a waste. If you streak, typically, you will not be ranked well. Which means all you walk away with is a 50 wins unit. Which is SO not worth the investment.

You have no clue. I understand.. A lot of people can't commit to such a huge investment of energy and time. Nor do they want to. That's totally fine. Going for rank is best if that's the case. But don't whine that our rewards are so much better. They SHOULD be if you measure I against effort, energy and strategy.

I can't believe you guys. You cry on here constantly about the forced spending to compete in these games. And 99% of this game does follow the "he who spends wins" formula. This is the ONE thing in this game which still places value on strategy and hard work. Do you realize that when you cry "I spends vaults and get a 25K boost" you are 100% buying into the idea that strategy is meaningless and you should get exactly what you pay for?

If you think the whole weekend is relaxing.. Just declare and go masturbate to porn.. You're a fool. Why don't you try it once you sad little whining girls.

Well said. I will always be proud to be called a Streaker :)

DTA-HOG
01-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Streakers... You are tapping for goodness sakes. Go outside and dig a 5' ditch and then come back inside and tell me how hard streaking is. I would just like the playing field to be evened up a little. I'm just fine with you having your super inflated stats as long as I can get some too! If your faction was smart, you would cover for each other when sleeping. Those 4 free hits per battle don't really matter too much do they? Johnny can cover your share of gold as you sleep and then you cover Johnny's share of gold as he sleeps. It's not too hard to figure out. Come on guys... have you really lived that sheltered of a life to call anything in this game difficult? Go donate your time at a soup kitchen and see what real life is like!

Luuzer
01-21-2014, 01:21 PM
the problem is not only streaking teams (yes, facing 6 man team that noone can beat sucks). Problem is also streak killers (U get either matched by streak team or VERY high ranked team). This war we managed to get only streak of 3. Not even streak of 4 was possible. Most of the times we get top 10/25 team to kill our streaks. Faced even KYS!!! And we are just top 250 team. And we didnt face them in the middle, we faced them at the end of streak. So when end of streak came, we watched who we pulled up, usually streak killer. Then we just did couple of cc hits and went away to come back at the end to start a new one with full health. Pointless to hit cc, while they can hit everybody and make 5x more points with 1 hit.

Many people are quitting. Gree is killing the game. I see more and more empty bases and less and less people to raid :(

alphakennybody
01-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Wow you're an idiot. If streaking is so easy... Lets see you do it. You wouldn't even know where to start. Streaks, BY FAR, require WAY more activity. We are constantly on PAL for 72 hours. We have to adjust our schedules to other members. We sleep at times which we usually don't to ensure constant declaration. We exchange phone numbers and accept that we may be woken up at 3am. It blows my mind how stupid you all are. ANYONE can streak regardless of strength. All it takes is some brains, gold and a severe addiction. Streaks are like surgery and you are just hammering nails. It takes making constant judgement calls based on how you perceive the opposing faction. Yes.. Often you are facing crumb bums and take easy wins. But even ONE loss can end this which means you have to be available at the drop of a hat. One loss.. Just ONE at the wrong time and all the sleepless nights... All the hours of annoying friends and family... The late night calls... And the gold (yes it can be very expensive) is all a waste. If you streak, typically, you will not be ranked well. Which means all you walk away with is a 50 wins unit. Which is SO not worth the investment.

You have no clue. I understand.. A lot of people can't commit to such a huge investment of energy and time. Nor do they want to. That's totally fine. Going for rank is best if that's the case. But don't whine that our rewards are so much better. They SHOULD be if you measure I against effort, energy and strategy.

I can't believe you guys. You cry on here constantly about the forced spending to compete in these games. And 99% of this game does follow the "he who spends wins" formula. This is the ONE thing in this game which still places value on strategy and hard work. Do you realize that when you cry "I spends vaults and get a 25K boost" you are 100% buying into the idea that strategy is meaningless and you should get exactly what you pay for?

If you think the whole weekend is relaxing.. Just declare and go masturbate to porn.. You're a fool. Why don't you try it once you sad little whining girls.
Thank you mate, well said. The guys like this lose becuase they dont have heart, and they complain, because they are not willing to also so called put up 3mil, if you are not ready then let it go, and move on just score what you can, if it's your choice not to spend then be everybodys guest and don't, but don't come on here and tell people how much of a heart you dont have. So stop crying and learn how to beat us, because it can be done even when a single person cannot be touched.

Sniper76
01-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Thank you mate, well said. The guys like this lose becuase they dont have heart, and they complain, because they are not willing to also so called put up 3mil, if you are not ready then let it go, and move on just score what you can, if it's your choice not to spend then be everybodys guest and don't, but don't come on here and tell people how much of a heart you dont have. So stop crying and learn how to beat us, because it can be done even when a single person cannot be touched.
I completely agree Kenny. We had the odd team beat us when they shouldn't have. Streaking isn't rocket science......anyone can do it. You have to have discipline and the understanding that you're not going for rank. Once that happens you're not a streak team anymore and you might as well just go for points. To those that beat us congratulations and to those who didn't because they just gave up.....don't complain because you didn't try.

Ubnvs2
01-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Wont members of teams that are on a streak also get the same prizes for amount of battle wins. We find it harder to get streaks runs so why would they make those prizes less in value?