PDA

View Full Version : Wartime Woes... How to remove the Level as a penalty

Lys
01-18-2014, 12:06 PM
So, some of y'all know I put forth the whole 'mini characters are killing the game' theory awhile back, which can be found here if you're really curious. (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?78945-A-Theory-Why-we-the-players-are-killing-Kingdom-Age...-with-our-Minis.)

Now, to look at GREE's side of things, and the ultimate cause of why people started with the creation of minis. CP calculation, and the penalty that comes with being a higher level player.

New Algorithm - We need something that either minimizes or completely ignores the level as a factor within the CP calculation. Right now, it seems to be almost completely level dependant. It's still a bit crude, but figured I'd put forth a new possibility that would almost completely negate the level as a factor, or at least remove the penalty incurred from it. It would also encourage hitting players closer to your stats.

X * (150 + (100 * Y) + (50 - Z))

X is a variable. 0.5 to 1.5
Y is the defense / attack. It would go as low as .4 or .5, and has room above for those lucky wins against those with higher defenses
Z is a level dependant variable. For every 5 levels the attacker is above the person being hit, you basically lose 1 from that equation. For every 5 levels below, you gain 1. Can be between -10 and 10.

This would severely restrict any level penalties incurred, and focus more on the stat difference between the players. Yes, right now it's weird in that you can lose even with a 10 - 15 percent advantage, but this would potentially reward those who kept as close to their stats as possible. Yes, this would make it rough for those of us who are up in stats. Thus a cap to either 4/10 or 5/10 of those 100 points from the stat gap. This is something I've been bouncing around in my head, and just curious to see what you all think of it.

Guild Bonuses Yes, a lot of people are still working on bonuses that exist, as not many guilds have raised the 2.25 billion for that last two seats, or the energy regen. However, the other games already have such bonuses that increase war points gained. A nice one that gives 2/4/6/8/10% more for a nice sum would also be a nice bonus.

Please keep things civil and constructive. Just putting forth an idea or two, and want to see what y'all think of it as well

Quisp
01-18-2014, 02:21 PM
It's completely logical and would solve the oxy moron of experience penalty.

Shiloh
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
One thing is clear, with the. Urgent state of affairs with all of the uber LLPs running around, using level the way it is now to determine cp is hurting the game excessively.

I through this formula out a while back but I still think it's more appropriate than what we have now.

(A+(B/2))*x

A = attackers level
B = defenders level
X= random factor adjustment

It still gives incentive to attack the highest level player you can, while giving players who have taken the time to level up the richly deserved bonus they have earned.

Voxker
01-18-2014, 10:32 PM
we all know what it comes down to.

garen argon
01-18-2014, 10:40 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$