PDA

View Full Version : What do we the PLAYERS think about new event

KillaDon
01-18-2014, 09:44 AM
There might already be a thread out and if so sorry for making another one but just wanted to see what y'all think of event. There are some cool things about it. You can get you a full bar of energy and buy all the weapons through the family part and get a crazy boost by just buying the weapons for a large anount of money if ya have it which isn't bad cause it's only game cash or yes you can use a lot of gold and do the entire event. I still have mixed feelings but I do like the part where you can buy decent weapons for a very good boost with cash.

RealTeflonDon
01-18-2014, 09:50 AM
The absence of synd hopping makes it nothing more than another gold-grab. Surely synd hopping will be obsolete in its entirety in the near future. I think we all know why.

bravo 6 vk
01-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Its good for those who have the billions to buy the weapons, but really, what do the others do?? Lame

bravo 6 vk
01-18-2014, 09:53 AM
The absence of synd hopping makes it nothing more than another gold-grab. Surely synd hopping will be obsolete in its entirety in the near future. I think we all know why.
GREE trying everything for the players to use more gold. The sLTQ's could have been done for free, they took it away

riri112
01-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Agree Bravo! Also, don't know why some got to buy items with respect or gold; and get to keep them while the rest are screwed. Already had this send one of our players over the edge and quit CC altogether...

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
01-18-2014, 09:57 AM
i like that they tried something different
however it failed at the start, but was fixed very quickly,well done on that, still it failed from the off
being able to unlock the characters with in game cash is great, as it finally rewards high ip players
however you still need multiple vaults to complete - joke

CCKallDAY
01-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Hit the wrong button :(

I love tacos
01-18-2014, 10:08 AM
i like that they tried something different
however it failed at the start, but was fixed very quickly,well done on that, still it failed from the off
being able to unlock the characters with in game cash is great, as it finally rewards high ip players
however you still need multiple vaults to complete - jokeGree is pushing out the middle class...no good

bravo 6 vk
01-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Gree is pushing out the middle class...no good
And low class dont exist no more :(

RealTeflonDon
01-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Exclusivity as opposed to inclusive pricing is indubitably lowering the potential for profit.

I've been around since nearly the start (when it was still run by Funzio at least) and I can say without a doubt in my mind that the inclusive pricing approach for gold has never been tried.

Milking the upper class players and pushing the middle/lower classes out is not the path to longevity or success.

tfletcher20
01-18-2014, 10:24 AM
The calender of events excluding battle should take a vault to complete.

HTCBC
01-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Would be nice if they posted the rules and layout a week before the event. Just drop all in the mix last second. Its a good game but they mess it up real fast. The activity has died all round. The event when you had to attack peoples hood yes it was hard but we all had a fair shot if you are active.

sister morphine
01-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Its good for those who have the billions to buy the weapons, but really, what do the others do?? Lame
Well, I do like being able to sidestep all those thugs, but whichever way you go the energy demands are still stupid for anybody (currently on family 8/20, which will likely take me the rest of today to regenerate enough to get through)

Triggaman
01-18-2014, 11:28 PM
Exclusivity as opposed to inclusive pricing is indubitably lowering the potential for profit.

I've been around since nearly the start (when it was still run by Funzio at least) and I can say without a doubt in my mind that the inclusive pricing approach for gold has never been tried.

Milking the upper class players and pushing the middle/lower classes out is not the path to longevity or success.

They seem to be doing fine so far. There are still clowns stepping up and handing over their money.

Touch Down
01-18-2014, 11:46 PM
It has potential..... But all the good was flushed down the drain with the massive energy requirements needing a lot of gold.

Zendfrim
01-18-2014, 11:48 PM
I like it. I can use my income to make the LTQ serve me.

creepa
01-19-2014, 12:01 AM
The players of this game are jaded, just as you are. The reasons are different for the players and yourself though.

battlehead187
01-19-2014, 02:04 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/08/regulation-rumors-drop-gree-founders-shares-by-700m/

that is why they are hitting us hard..

Yoshikazu Tanaka u greedy s.o.b

djonny88
01-19-2014, 02:31 AM
Hate to say i almost dont like the game anymore

<3 Hz
01-19-2014, 06:52 AM
Just get by for free then.

Be happy with what stats you have. You can't compete with players who have 50,000,000 in stats. These players own mansions in a dozen countries, own jets, and fleets of $300,000 cars because they are BILLIONAIRES.

Gir
01-19-2014, 08:42 AM
I agree that the new concept for this event is a nice change, but like others before have already stated the implementation with high energy consumption (and in turn high gold consumption) needed to complete 1, let alone 3, branches is abit ridiculous :/

Idiosyncrasy
01-19-2014, 11:41 AM
I like it because cash is no longer an obsolete currency as it once was. LTB's were a great start, and this style of events really incentivizes and rewards those who have a decent economy and can buy a few weapons with great stats.

I predict we will see a revamp of RP usage over the next few months.

Blowin Smoke
01-19-2014, 11:56 AM
If I could have used my RP, and the event cost less gold, I would have liked it.

riri112
01-21-2014, 07:22 AM
Bump! since I am curious what the community thiks of this...

PedroPimples
01-21-2014, 07:35 AM
The idea wasn't bad, but by allowing people to buy there way past normal all they then did was then increase the energy requirements so people still spent the same amount of gold or more.
If it was to offer something for those who went and built a high iph, by making an LTQ less expensive gold wise it would of been a great new feature to implement, instead it has hardly made any difference to most people in terms of going forward, and made the majority get not as far as they have on previous ones.
As the costs of the game is getting higher, the profit margins are getting lower. The high point of there profits was beginning of syn wars I believe. Take costs back to what they was at those points, and you will see profits rise again.

The Toe
01-21-2014, 07:37 AM
I like the concept of the new event. It does need some tweeking. First off the amount of energy needed to complete ANY of the branches is crazy energy. Secondly, if I decided to skip the thugs, and use gold/RP/Cash to do the family and get to say 14/20 of family and run out of any of the needed items, why do I hae to start thugs from step 1 to "catch up" to where I need to get to to move on in Family, Thugs should not be an all or nothing chain.

Other than those items, there is the obvious quality checking issue, nothing new there, but still, has to be said yet again, just like I have to say once more, 1 mill in energy for a SINGLE step in the SLTQ ??

All in all I will give Gree props for attempting something new, but wow, I know gold is the name of the game but can't you take it from us slowly instead of all at once?

Peppers
01-21-2014, 08:44 AM
There's a new event? I hadn't noticed!

I'm lucky to remember to go in and reset my buildings for Luna and Avenger.

I still haven't missed a scratcher yet though... so I'm not completely out of the game.

Kitty McPurr
01-21-2014, 08:50 AM
I feel like people are voting that they liked this style of event because they were able to use in-game cash to buy their way further in the event. They must not realize that was an accident from Gree. If they had rolled this event out perfectly the weapons would have cost respect and Gold (Large amounts). People are failing to realize, in-game cash was only introduced because of the $0 purchase screen mistake, if gree rolls another event out like this it won't use cash. The poll should include an option that says, "I Like the way the event turned out after the introduction of in-game cash purchases."...maybe. Still no matter what, if it doesn't increase the amount of Gold used by customers, Gree won't continue it.

Jclew
01-21-2014, 09:10 AM
I liked the idea of the event.. Change it up some so you can choose your route to try to finish with the prizes you wanted, but have to spend a 150 dollars in gold just for the energy to the family portion is stupid... That wasn't buying any of the items either.. that was just energy...

kybigdaddy
01-21-2014, 09:49 AM
The instructions were a bit deceiving. The items needed to complete the family LTQ were said to come from the Thugs LTQ. I waited to buy the last few weapons totalling 2 billion in game dollars since I had no intention of doing Thugs LTQ. Turns out the last items were from syndicate SLTQ and I couldn't purchase them after my syndicate finished the goals. Now I know to buy the weapons before the LTQs start and basically get them for free.

Idiosyncrasy
01-21-2014, 10:22 AM
I feel like people are voting that they liked this style of event because they were able to use in-game cash to buy their way further in the event. They must not realize that was an accident from Gree. If they had rolled this event out perfectly the weapons would have cost respect and Gold (Large amounts). People are failing to realize, in-game cash was only introduced because of the $0 purchase screen mistake, if gree rolls another event out like this it won't use cash. The poll should include an option that says, "I Like the way the event turned out after the introduction of in-game cash purchases."...maybe. Still no matter what, if it doesn't increase the amount of Gold used by customers, Gree won't continue it.

I re-read CJ's fix, and I believe you're right. I voted that I like the new event style, but yes, only as it stands today. It would be a ridiculous gold requirement if gold were required to purchase the weapons, plus energy refills. Even without buying weapons, there are too many energy refills to get through the thugs as a prerequisite for the family.

Keep the style how it is. I like being able to use in-game cash again. People still need to use refills to finish the last 6 or 7 goals for the family (at least I would need to).

creepa
01-21-2014, 11:44 AM
I think the gold suck sucks.