PDA

View Full Version : Sick of losing to weaker people sort this gree

alexmodernwar
01-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Ok yet again we have this rubish again on android i can see there defense shields.
There stats 1.2million my attack 1.37million they are level 144 i am 119 44points on attack and shield they have 33 how on earth do i lose three of 4 battles
Gree i am stronger on all fronts
I should not be loosing this the only thing that was not in my inventory that this person had was a 4 leaf clover please can you tell me how i can get it

Ghost-12
01-17-2014, 02:20 PM
...Im Losing to players 1mil lower than me!

Web323
01-17-2014, 02:22 PM
I am losing to players 3 million less than me.

bjkain3000
01-17-2014, 02:28 PM
You have to add Attack points when you level up. The big thing when these first started you had people adding defense when they leveled up. It factors in big. I rarely lose to anyone lower than me and sometimes beat those slightly better than my stats. It is because i add in points. War is never a guaranteed to win just because you are bigger and I like this hidden feature. It adds some sort of surprise and a little strategy.

Cptcracka
01-17-2014, 02:38 PM
You have to add Attack points when you level up. The big thing when these first started you had people adding defense when they leveled up. It factors in big. I rarely lose to anyone lower than me and sometimes beat those slightly better than my stats. It is because i add in points. War is never a guaranteed to win just because you are bigger and I like this hidden feature. It adds some sort of surprise and a little strategy.

If you read what he said. He has more attack points then the person has def

Mr llama
01-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Ok yet again we have this rubish again on android i can see there defense shields.
There stats 1.2million my attack 1.37million they are level 144 i am 119 44points on attack and shield they have 33 how on earth do i lose three of 4 battles
I should not be loosing this the only thing that was not in my inventory that this person had was a 4 leaf clover please can you tell me how i can get itrule of thumb always att someone with 300k or less points than you. really bad i know but it will get you most wins

Mr llama
01-17-2014, 02:47 PM
why can't i see how many skill points they have on IOS

Aks
01-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Add to skills points.. Dont forget to take into consideration that they might have additional defense earned from units over the time from other events.. And that does matter.. Just a observation..

Kefa
01-17-2014, 04:23 PM
I should not be loosing this the only thing that was not in my inventory that this person had was a 4 leaf clover please can you tell me how i can get it

Can you see their faction and unit defense bonus boosts? My overall stats inside my faction are at least 25% higher than outside. What you're seeing is their raw, un-boosted stats.

It's very possible, and likely, that their actual defense stat when you attack them is more like 1.44M or higher, which is strong enough to defend against your boosted attack stat of 1.37M, regardless of skill points.

D1E Luke
01-17-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm actually glad I wasted skill points on attack and defense when I first started playing. Apparently, it actually makes a difference now. Lol

Kefa
01-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Next time raid boss comes around, pay attention to the amount of damage you do in your single attacks. That'll show your raw attack stats and give you an idea of just how much different reality can be from what the battle report is showing you about their defense number.

bjkain3000
01-17-2014, 06:44 PM
If you read what he said. He has more attack points then the person has def

Yes obviously. If you read what I said, when you Level up you have to spend "skill" points on Attack. Many people have spent them on Defense. Unless you know the person and can see these they are hidden from view so you would never know. Again, my Attack stats can be lower than someone's Defense stats; however, because I have invested in adding Attack Skill points vs Energy or Stamina I can defeat them a lot of the time. I almost Never lose against anyone w/ similar or less Stats than me.

pb23
01-17-2014, 07:24 PM
This whole thread makes me laugh.

Just fyi skill points are worthless... whether you win or lose depends on the PERCENT differential of your attack to your opponents defense.

If you want to ensure a victory, you'll need 20-25% higher attack than their defense. If that number decreases... You'll lose more. Even attack and defense will favor the defender roughly 3 out of 4.

This means as you grow... SO DOES THE AMOUNT OF CUSHION you need to win.

Example: attack of 5 million... You'll want to hit 4 million defense to have a very high confidence of victory.

At 10m that number is 8 million defense... and at 20m attack it goes down to 15-16m defense...

Its ratios people... not raw values.

Good luck.

bjkain3000
01-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Interesting ^ If skill points mean nothing then I wonder why my 5 million attack wins 95% of the time vs those that have the exact same Def stats and about 25% of the time their Def stats are 1/2 mil higher than mine. I have never lost vs anyone obviously lower.

Blade of 3
01-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Like PB said, it's a percentage that you have to be ahead of the opponents defense. I usually shoot for 10-15% above their defense.

alexmodernwar
01-18-2014, 01:00 AM
Can you see their faction and unit defense bonus boosts? My overall stats inside my faction are at least 25% higher than outside. What you're seeing is their raw, un-boosted stats.

It's very possible, and likely, that their actual defense stat when you attack them is more like 1.44M or higher, which is strong enough to defend against your boosted attack stat of 1.37M, regardless of skill points.

OK so when my faction encountered my other factionwith my llp 2 wars ago I hit my ow self my main high account with faction boosts is 2.2m on boss I did 1.75m damage but hitting myself still showed 2.2m defence
So it is not that
To be fair come Monday all 6 accounts I have are being deleted

Danny Clear
01-18-2014, 01:17 AM
The higher your a/d the higher the range someone can beat u. Which is complete bs and makes the game pointless 2 play, y do we build stats if we can be beatin by players 2-5 mill lower. It needs to be changed

Skysohigh
01-18-2014, 02:36 AM
This whole thread makes me laugh.

Just fyi skill points are worthless... whether you win or lose depends on the PERCENT differential of your attack to your opponents defense.

If you want to ensure a victory, you'll need 20-25% higher attack than their defense. If that number decreases... You'll lose more. Even attack and defense will favor the defender roughly 3 out of 4.

This means as you grow... SO DOES THE AMOUNT OF CUSHION you need to win.

Example: attack of 5 million... You'll want to hit 4 million defense to have a very high confidence of victory.

At 10m that number is 8 million defense... and at 20m attack it goes down to 15-16m defense...

Its ratios people... not raw values.

Good luck.

I Agreed that!
I hate mathematic so much, so usually I won't go for 1M vs 1M, opponent's hidden stat, boots bonus we never know,

Sheldor Sir
01-18-2014, 03:47 AM
i have 210 atk skill pts but cant beat anyone within 500K of my atk stats

Skysohigh
01-18-2014, 06:03 AM
So far as what I had experienced, I rather spend my skill points on energy instead of attack, believe it or not..... what bring u a good unit.....

DTA-HOG
01-18-2014, 04:01 PM
A member of my faction brought up an interesting theory last night. She said that when someone is being hit my more than 1 member at 1 time, less points are distributed. I wonder if this has anything to do with losing to them as well. Could a mod comment on whether or not multiple hits on a target are part of the point scoring algorithm? If so, coordinated attacks would be an interacting concept to add to our faction war strategy.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Both of those matter you mentioned are myth.

DTA-HOG
01-18-2014, 05:20 PM
No the Loch Ness monster is a myth. That my friend is a theory.

Jesse21
01-18-2014, 05:37 PM
A member of my faction brought up an interesting theory last night. She said that when someone is being hit my more than 1 member at 1 time, less points are distributed. I wonder if this has anything to do with losing to them as well. Could a mod comment on whether or not multiple hits on a target are part of the point scoring algorithm? If so, coordinated attacks would be an interacting concept to add to our faction war strategy.

I always wanted to know this

mike_hunt
01-18-2014, 06:04 PM
how about this one! ... i was speechless when i lost

http://www.soundtransmission.ca/messed_up.jpg

Cow
01-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Guys its a %. The higher stats you get the bigger the absolute number. At 20+m you can lose to someone 4 m difference. Its a fact and you have to live with it....unless they would lower the % which I think should be done. Plan on 20% and you still may lose once in a while.

Throw in what skill points do and this is what you have...

Multiple people hitting same target and losing is a myth. Proven.

Kane Sickle
01-18-2014, 07:54 PM
There sure has been a lot of theory about who should beat whom, but it's a bunch of hooey!
There are different results during the wd campaigns; much different that my 53K+ wins in daily fights.
Seems to be very random and probably can't be explained because no one knows why; however, that won't stop gree from purporting an explanation.
Finally, "It was my understanding, there would be no math!"

2MblaZ
01-18-2014, 08:02 PM
There sure has been a lot of theory about who should beat whom, but it's a bunch of hooey!
There are different results during the wd campaigns; much different that my 53K+ wins in daily fights.
Seems to be very random and probably can't be explained because no one knows why; however, that won't stop gree from purporting an explanation.
Finally, "It was my understanding, there would be no math!"

I was trying search forums, in way back like 6 months or so ago one mod said: "It's complicated". So even if they don't know, how can we, right?

Kane Sickle
01-18-2014, 09:27 PM
I was trying search forums, in way back like 6 months or so ago one mod said: "It's complicated". So even if they don't know, how can we, right?

Thanks; I think I've seen that, too. There's a message there for all of us.

"It's complicated" translates to either:
- We can't explain it, let alone fix it.
Or...
- Don't worry your pretty little heads about it (we'd rather not be bothered by this, so just live with it).

JCL
01-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Tired of losing to lower stat players? Join a top 100 faction. Get owned by level 65 players with 7mil attack!! Do it now! You have no idea how fun this is................... (not)

JCL
01-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Sorry, can't feel sorry for you. Level 88, 5.2 mil? This is what's ruined the campaigns.

how about this one! ... i was speechless when i lost

http://www.soundtransmission.ca/messed_up.jpg

Luuzer
01-21-2014, 01:06 PM
skill points dont matter!!! I'm mad that I was stupid and wasted my points on skillpoints. My mini is lvl 82, has 3,6mil attack and 30 attack points. During war attacked person with 3,3 mil defense and only 1 defense skill point!!! And I friggin lost!!!! Main account loses with over 500k differense weaker people. During wartime it hurts a lot :(

bjkain3000
01-21-2014, 03:13 PM

All Day during Battle I would Win against those w/ higher stats. Not dramatically higher but I certainly wasnt losing against those lower. I have 260 Attack Skill points

Luuzer
01-23-2014, 11:16 AM

All Day during Battle I would Win against those w/ higher stats. Not dramatically higher but I certainly wasnt losing against those lower. I have 260 Attack Skill points

well they dont work anyway. Higher stats + more attack than defense skill should work but....

http://i.imgur.com/oLr7zUD.png

Dutchie
01-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Sorry, can't feel sorry for you. Level 88, 5.2 mil? This is what's ruined the campaigns. This was caused by GREE's stats inflation. Blame GREE!

Flidai
01-23-2014, 12:45 PM
Yes, it gets frustrating! Even if they have defense not showing, there can't possibly be that much hidden.

JCL
01-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Um, no, this is a distinct choice in game play, which yes Gree enables, but isn't responsible for. How does the game teach you to play? Do missions, right? You go to Insurgent Camp, "take out" Insurgent Leader and get rewarded with a Desert Leader unit and some cash. Then it teaches you to raid. Repeat ad naseum. What it doesn't teach is camping, and only doing high point unit faction events. You don't get to 5 million attack playing normally and only be level 88. In the real Modern Warfare, not a silly iPad knockoff, we have the same issue with "second accounters." They create a second account, just as I'm sure this one is (no one starts off knowing this strategy), and then use it to game the skill matching in Xbox Live. The difference is the results to other players. Yes, you get to own n00bs (wow, congrats) but then when Prestiged Generals like me get randomly matched up, I spank you like the red headed step child you likely are. So, lets play out this example.

Mike Hunt beats Adam. A second account, stat stacked player gets about 700-800 WDP, benefitting his team greatly. Now, lets say it's a team of stat stacked ba$tards, the 50 man faction now has 35,000 - 40,000 from ONE round of hits. Now let's flip the scenario which is how it actually happened in this screen shot. Adam beats Mike. A normal account wins. Level 192 is reasonable for a player at 4.1mil defense playing the game as it was intended. Adam got about 150 points, tops. He probably got closer to 90, but I'll be generous. Now, let's put this into play for his faction. 50 man faction, equal scenario across all…. 7,500 points. Game it, 35,000. Play it normal, first account (likely), 7,500.

Now in my parallel example, I mention a real game by a real studio with similar players gaming the system. So the second account Modern Warfare player kills me: 100 points. If I kill him…. wait for it…. 100 points. You might say, "Well this is unfair." Not really. The only way I blame Gree is if this continues for more than 6 more months. They caught on to pre-staging, and came up with a possible solution. We figured out a way around it, they came up with another solution. There are mathematical models they can apply which will catch these very obvious mathematical anomalies. If you can code progressive bosses, you can code regressive WDPs for level to stat ratios outside 2 standard deviations of the norm (just as one potential fix). Meaning, fall within 95% of where "normal players" are (Such as the normal points for "most" players, who are below level 150) and it's normal. Become a 5% outlier (such as us above level 151) and you get hammered (like we currently do).

This was caused by GREE's stats inflation. Blame GREE!