PDA

View Full Version : have gree thought that lower prices may make them more money?

Raws
01-16-2014, 01:49 PM
exactly as it says in the title.

If gree made prices a lot lower a lot more people would be happy to spend money meaning overall gree make a lot more money.

as it stands you have a players quitting, expoliting glitches, hacking, ect.

new players have no chance of competing, noone wants to join a game and have to pay as much as they do right now, if prices were lower you would have a lot more new players spending money and older players continuing to spend money rather than stopping.

even if i do get a response from cj54 or a+f i know you guys are not ceo's of the company and cannot make decisions like this, but it may just be a thing to mention to the bigger guys.

i look forward to the trolls trying to flame this thread

Niccy
01-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Maybe people would buy in game cash too if you actually got a decent amount of it . The cheapest ltb I've had and if I needed to buy cash would cost me 200 dollars to buy . Maybe another idea for you guys

Zippy69
01-16-2014, 06:18 PM
nah that's too much like 'common/good' economic sense!!!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-16-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm sure they consider all those things Raws.

Strong competition encourages a price point to be discovered quickly.

A 'Time Point' that users are comfortable with.

The strength of the USD and the Yen may effect it including the strength of the world economy and local economies of significant markets.

Expanding significant markets and their expectations will effect it.

Ensuring wrong decisions do not taint a company brand long term.

The realisation the Japanese market and company knowledge of social gaming there does not necessarily equate to other areas of the world.

The fact mobile games is a relatively new industry that is changing quickly.

Discovering the unique buyer metrics in mobile gaming and the changing demographics. The industry is too new to be able to have proper measurements yet. To confuse it more those measurements will likely change from country to country.

And a whole bunch of other stuff.

Marketing, a very complex thing.

RealTeflonDon
01-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Two+ years have been completed... Surely enough cycles have been put in the books that would point GREE in the right direction. The problem is the people with enough disposable income that can afford this type of pricing. The playing field is uneven enough as it is at this point. May as well go with the inclusive pricing than the exclusive.... GREE is pricing themselves out of the market at this rate.

My $0.02 at least. Doesn't get far in CC, I know.

Raws
01-17-2014, 09:59 AM
nah that's too much like 'common/good' economic sense!!!

exactly the problem, they are running a company on greed, i hope they go bust and some one reputable buys cc so we can all enjoy it again, in the mean time we will carry on doing our best to get prizes without paying gree

<3 Hz
01-17-2014, 12:00 PM
I wish they would run more 40% off gold sales like they have in the past.

Anytime they have these sales on I buy two vaults for $120 instead of my usual one at $80. So yeah they'd make more $ off of me at least lol

<3 Hz
01-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Also, I think 20 gold for just 1,000 energy is sort of lame. If an energy refill would fill my energy 100% I'd be more likely to buy gold for LTQ

Raws
01-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Also, I think 20 gold for just 1,000 energy is sort of lame. If an energy refill would fill my energy 100% I'd be more likely to buy gold for LTQ

cj already said if they do that they will make energy required for ltqs even higher

<3 Hz
01-17-2014, 12:34 PM
cj already said if they do that they will make energy required for ltqs even higher

*Sigh* Of course lol

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-18-2014, 12:07 AM

They already do that don't they? Every boss and every event.

The energy requirements & boss health both increase exponentially, while your paid 1,000 refill remains unchanged. It's a double whammy. While you appear to be getting the same value each refill, it's now actually significantly de-valued in real term$.

FlyMeMoon
01-18-2014, 12:25 AM
exactly the problem, they are running a company on greed, i hope they go bust and some one reputable buys cc so we can all enjoy it again, in the mean time we will carry on doing our best to get prizes without paying gree

What, like a charity? A new owner won't be any different. Companies are there to make money but their approaches will differ.

sister morphine
01-18-2014, 02:27 AM
What, like a charity? A new owner won't be any different. Companies are there to make money but their approaches will differ.
Absolutely, but the model here is a vampire approach to business. Just drain the customers till they quit and meanwhile charm others into becoming the new food source.

At risk of repeating myself the game has changed from being a "mass market" one, where you could play free (and if you were good enough at the game, could still be competitive against some gold spenders), or you could buy some, or a lot of, gold to gain an edge over rivals. Now it has been twisted into a "niche market" where only those with big disposable incomes can compete. The problem with this is that the game is still marketed as a free to play game (the 'charm' mentioned above)

Niccy
01-18-2014, 02:45 AM

Well that shows there intelligence . I will spend no money on this ltq for the fact I have no chance on finishing this with the gold required . But had the gold required not been so high or at least reachable for most I certainly would have spent money to get it . Maybe they should stop worrying about making the big gold spenders spend all there pay and think about how they can lure medium gold spenders into not looking at the required spend and go no chance . 25% of the people paying for this event or 50% work it out gree

H8er-aid
01-18-2014, 05:16 AM
Just get used to playing without gold. It's real easy on ltq use all your energy then check back 12 hours later and you will have enough for 2 more hits. War and bosses are the same check back every 2 hours. Trust me I tried it and there new tactic is to bore us in to using gold.

FlyMeMoon
01-18-2014, 05:36 AM
Absolutely, but the model here is a vampire approach to business. Just drain the customers till they quit and meanwhile charm others into becoming the new food source.

At risk of repeating myself the game has changed from being a "mass market" one, where you could play free (and if you were good enough at the game, could still be competitive against some gold spenders), or you could buy some, or a lot of, gold to gain an edge over rivals. Now it has been twisted into a "niche market" where only those with big disposable incomes can compete. The problem with this is that the game is still marketed as a free to play game (the 'charm' mentioned above)

Well, if the vampire approach works then they are probably happy because they are making money and new customers are stepping up.

I have an issue with free games that aren't actually free as it draws (dupes) people in and gets them hooked. This applies to young kids too which some parents have found out after a hole has been burnt in their pockets.

The social aspect of the game has worked in their favour and if they have any sense they will add this into their future thinking/plans. Im pretty sure I would no longer be playing if it wasn't for synds and friends I've made.

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
01-18-2014, 06:54 AM
gree wont change anything as long as people still buy the gold.
its obvious there are enough people that do, you used to be able to complete events between wars with less than a vault, now ltqs take 2, collect 10s range from 1-3, ltbs cant actually be completed with just cash now due to the timers etc etc its clear there enough people buying to keep charging the same

i agree its a joke, and people would be more inclined to buy gold if there was actual benefit, and the game worked well, but as long as enough people still buy it regardless of all this, they really arent going to give a single care about it

bravo 6 vk
01-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Aaaaand you are banned :(

Zendfrim
01-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Don't make suggestions. Just watch it burn. They don't accept feedback, they just dismiss it.

RealTeflonDon
01-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Im pretty sure I would no longer be playing if it wasn't for synds and friends I've made.

100% agree. The only thing keeping myself and the majority of my team playing this game is each other and the respect we have for one and other.

Without them, this chore isn't fun.

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
01-18-2014, 10:00 AM
100% agree. The only thing keeping myself and the majority of my team playing this game is each other and the respect we have for one and other.

Without them, this chore isn't fun.

agreed also
ive nearly quit a few times, but the peeps in my teams have kept my interest for now