PDA

View Full Version : tournament

sxespanky
01-16-2014, 01:01 AM
i know quite a few people keep talking about problems with the tournament - and how a level 1-10 can get into the high end by just getting some decent armor and fighitng low levels, or you keep fighting that same guy over and over. i believe the tournament should be just that, a tournament - you noticed that in Mortal Kombat - that it was one person vs another random person - even if your a stunt double fighting Hell's Ninja with scorpion stinger shooting outa his hands and breathing fire at you.

here's what i propose for team Gree to do - take your existing tournament rank, and search randomly 500 down and 500 up from that ranking. so if your ranked 1000, you'd be fighting rank 500 - 1500 giving you a nice range of 1000 players to chose from. this will also even the playing field for how tournament works, and i'm sure will screw us all over making the kill count harder, because you'll either have a few easy guys or harder guys, it makes it a TRUE tournament! ill even be so nice to spell out the code if thatd humor you?

Tournament_ranking = X
rank_down = y
rank_up = z
if y<=0 then take remainder and add (or subtract since its now negative) to z
if z>=highest_rank_possible, then take remainder to y
search random ranking 3-5 times depending on revenge, making sure no name is there twice.
search for revenge by choosing an opponent that has beaten you in tournament the past 7 day? lets make this realistic, and not haunt us for eternity.

i also think that the randomly found people should refresh every so often. so we get a fresh choice each time we battle?

gqhong
01-16-2014, 01:05 AM
Like a leaderboard thing?
And certain leaderboard spots will reflect a badge in their name for all to glorify and tremble in fear?

I LIKE :D

sxespanky
01-16-2014, 04:18 AM
Tournament_ranking = X
rank_down = y
rank_up = z
if y<=0 then take remainder and add (or subtract since its now negative) to z
if z>=highest_rank_possible, then take remainder to y
search random ranking 3-5 times depending on revenge, making sure no name is there twice.
search for revenge by choosing an opponent that has beaten you in tournament the past 7 day? lets make this realistic, and not haunt us for eternity.

Essentially, what this spells out is - look at your ranking, you will fight someone below and above 500 ranks your in. If your number one, youll look for the top 1000 rankings to fight. if your dead last, youll look at the next 1000 rankings in front of your rank.

what this system will eliminate are those people who find a nice level, and spam the crap out of the low armored, or badly geared people of their levels. if you can beat those people, youll move up in the ranking system. if you just dont have the levels, or armor, youll have a hard time getting up the tournament ladder, making this more of a true tournament system.

Starwulf
01-16-2014, 04:33 AM
I think I would love this idea. I had 8 matches today(IN A ROW!) that pitted me against people with three epics. I have none. Doesn't matter if I even have the elemental advantage, I'm not beating someone that has 3 epics and they are maxed(or near it). I've had exactly 9 matches in 3 1/2 days that didn't involve my opponent having at least 1 epic. Very frustrating to be honest. If I faced off against people 500 above and 500 below, I'd likely not be facing people with epics all the time. Sure, I imagine some people I face will still have 1, or even 2, but the odds that I'm facing against someone with three epics that only has 30-33k arena points are fairly slight.

Eridian
01-16-2014, 06:25 AM
I agree with the fact that the tournament should be more rank based: that when you get higher, you need to fight the higher ranked players. But I would not simply randomly pick a player within 1000 places around you.
I suggest they also add a lvl factor, so that you also fight others from around your lvl. So let's say if you're lvl 30, you have to fight players from lvl 20-40 that have about the same rank. At the start, it will still be easy to win, for everyone. But at the end, when you get a higher rank, you are fighting the strongest players around your lvl. So even if you twink (strong low lvl), you will have to battle other twinks when you are high ranked. And not low lvl noobs lik now (easy win), or very high players (like you suggest).
Also possible to drop the lvl factor above a certain rank, like 10.000, so that at the end, lvl still matters to get a high rank.

I'm just afraid if you only watch the rank, lower lvls will fail battle after battle (cause they have to battle high lvl players) and give up arena. I think they should get motivated by winning, till a certain rank. And after that rank they are getting motivated to lvl, since they need 100+ to win.

EljayK
01-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Better idea. Since it's a game for the money spending.

Take the total points of all armors combined. That's a number now. Align player with random targets who's number is within another number. That number determined by rank. Obviously the high end would increase with rank. Goodbye 20 win streaks.

The Pale Rider
01-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Better idea. Since it's a game for the money spending.

Take the total points of all armors combined. That's a number now. Align player with random targets who's number is within another number. That number determined by rank. Obviously the high end would increase with rank. Goodbye 20 win streaks.

Why is that a better idea? Sounds like a retarded idea to me.

Points are accumulated not by beating stronger players but by spending gems. Doesn't matter if you're level 1 or level 1000 - you can only "win" by spending gems. Quit being an idiot - my choice on your poll.

Adisty
01-16-2014, 08:58 AM
I suggest they also add a lvl factor, so that you also fight others from around your lvl. So let's say if you're lvl 30, you have to fight players from lvl 20-40 that have about the same rank.

They do that now. I'm lv 3**, and I only get fights with people 100+, from rank 30 to 109,000. I checked the profiles from the leaderboard of the rank 30 and a rank 20 something, and both were above 100. I usually finish in the 2000-1500 rank range.

Eridian
01-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Yes, now it's only lvl based, but I was refering to sxespanky's suggestion.
But now that I reread what I wrote, I maybe should have mentioned it slightly diferent.

I meant that now it's only based on lvl, and spanky's suggestion is to base it on rank only. And I think none of them are good, but a well worked-out combination would be nice.

Xtrips
01-16-2014, 09:38 AM
The biggest problem with your idea is that arena will basically be non playable for under 100's since a lvl 18 could just aswell be matched against someone with level 108 since it's only rank based.
I think it would be better to add arena tiers.
Tier E 5-25
Tier D 26-50
Tier C 51-75
Tier B 76-99
Tier A 100+

Give rewards appriote for each level tier.

This wont happen though since a lvl 58 winning the arena has spent just as many gems as a level 100+ (or close to). gree wouldn't receive the same income with your idea

firefly333
01-16-2014, 09:58 AM
I vote no, as the ranking is purely based on how many times you fight and get pts, not on how good you are.

If it was based on how good your armors are what you say would make sense, but some unranked DK who doesnt bother with arena or someone ranked 40K beats DK fire every once in a while.

Ranking is purely how often I fight, nothing more or less. I vote to keep it how it is. If you work on fighting you have a higher rank. The armors for leveling up are nice bonus.

The old arena was more like what you propose, and I prefer the new arena.

Adisty
01-16-2014, 10:30 AM
But now that I reread what I wrote, I maybe should have mentioned it slightly different.

Nah, I totally missed the lvl factor missing in spanky's equation. Now knowing that, how you stated it makes perfect sense. Whoops!

sxespanky
01-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Why is that a better idea? Sounds like a retarded idea to me.

Points are accumulated not by beating stronger players but by spending gems. Doesn't matter if you're level 1 or level 1000 - you can only "win" by spending gems. Quit being an idiot - my choice on your poll.
first off, that wasnt the op, i am, if you selected that based on someone elses babblings, then im sorry you waisted a good vote on stupidity.

Yes, now it's only lvl based, but I was refering to sxespanky's suggestion.
But now that I reread what I wrote, I maybe should have mentioned it slightly diferent.

I meant that now it's only based on lvl, and spanky's suggestion is to base it on rank only. And I think none of them are good, but a well worked-out combination would be nice.

since its already based on level, when you add level plus rank, what if there was only one level 1-20 in the top 500 rankings? ive seen them in the top 50 before. because they only fight low levels. they get there by sitting in on a guild war, collect the prize, and now they are dominating arena because they found a loophole in the system. this is an easy fix for that loophole. these people are ranked top 500, fighting level1-20s who barely have something better than a level 10 silver armor. and they are sporting epic boss armors or elite 4 armors from wars.

My vision for a tournament is - Level your butt up to higher levels, you dont see bill gates fighting mahamid alli do ya?
-Work on getting epic boss armors, work on getting EP+ armors, and fusing and hoping to your sweet sweet deity that you get a 5* epic.
-Always participate in tournaments, each work through persiverence, you will be uppping ranks, youll lose less, and you will feel acomplished you gate a decent ranking because you worked hard for your armor. not because you cheated the system with a level 1 with 4* armor.

sxespanky
01-16-2014, 04:32 PM
I vote no, as the ranking is purely based on how many times you fight and get pts, not on how good you are.

If it was based on how good your armors are what you say would make sense, but some unranked DK who doesnt bother with arena or someone ranked 40K beats DK fire every once in a while.

Ranking is purely how often I fight, nothing more or less. I vote to keep it how it is. If you work on fighting you have a higher rank. The armors for leveling up are nice bonus.

The old arena was more like what you propose, and I prefer the new arena.
dont get me wrong i love the new arena setup - and hope we continue getting great rewards from it. but i don't agree on only fighting people your level. thats how the system is set up now. not on where you are, or what armors you have, but on what level you are. i think it generally helps everyone to make this

sxespanky
01-18-2014, 09:13 PM
im bumping this because it seems more people are talking about how it seems unfair. i agree.

Eunuchorn
01-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Power attack exists thus arena is ludicrous.

That is all.