PDA

View Full Version : Let me 'bank' my gold, please!

AdamInToronto
01-15-2014, 07:12 PM
A lot of you seem to want a confirmation button before spending gold, and that request seems to fall on deaf ears. So, I have another proposal - let me bank my gold.

A player has 2 places to keep their gold - 'in play' and in their 'bank'.
Gold 'in play' is used to for in-game purchases.
Gold in play can be moved into the bank (aka 'deposited').
Gold in the bank cannot be used for in-game purchasing. Gold in the bank can be 'withdrawn', thus putting it 'in play'.
When buying gold, it is first placed into a players bank.
The game HUD shows gold in play, just as it does today.
Gold in the bank, along with buttons to deposit and withdraw, is shown somewhere else, perhaps in a players profile (in stats/assets, or a new row on the 'skills' tab, or yes, even a new tab, named, of course, 'bank'), or in a players Vault, or even within 'Add Funds' .

This way, I will almost never accidentally complete a land expansion, or spend unintentionally on events that I do not wish to spend gold on - saving it for the events I do want to spend gold on.

Request to GREE: put an end to unintentional gold spending, please.

Kilrae
01-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Great idea, I can't count the times i've unintentionally finished an expansion or a building upgrade because that button to complete pops up right where you clicked before.

Mr. Artois
01-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Very good idea, it would be even simpler for gree to code in a confirmation button for every gold purchase

Mr llama
01-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Very good idea, it would be even simpler for gree to code in a confirmation button for every gold purchase
Agree very simple and would solve the problem

bradleyk
01-16-2014, 03:05 AM
agree...confirmation button
This would reduce the amount of trouble tickets for the developers from our requests to get gold back after unintentional spends and make us happy. It's a win-win.

RonaldPVincent
01-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Not to mention, with a little more initiative that bank could be reached from any gree game allowing you to access a gold stash without buying it from several different games

manbeast
01-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Bump for a great idea

JCL
01-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Great idea. Hence it will be ignored for about a year as they are having too much fun with medals :/ meh

BIG DH
01-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Ok, here's the plan. Someone needs to infiltrate SUP or TKO/TBK/HT and trick them into accidentally upgrading loads of things with gold. We'll have this problem licked in no time.

Luuzer
01-17-2014, 12:29 AM
I would like to get this too. My mini needs composite factory and recently lost 90 gold and set back on achieving that goal :(

AdamInToronto
01-21-2014, 05:21 PM

Maybe. Or maybe not. It's easy to speculate, but only the developers really know.

However, since I started this thread to garner support for a different approach, lets keep this thread on-topic.

X-BASS
01-22-2014, 08:24 AM
I develop software, the conf. button is the right way...

AdamInToronto
01-31-2014, 07:03 PM
I develop software, the conf. button is the right way...

Are you sure?

Pun intended.

Shrinko
01-31-2014, 11:13 PM
I've seen it in a different war game with the war money. You keep the money in the vault and that money is untouchable and cannot be used for anything. To use the money, you have to take it out of the vault. Sounds like what you are proposing for gold. Great idea and would really work. Gree is not gonna do it. They want you to waste your gold. The only thing that will work is to stop buying gold and demand changes.