PDA

View Full Version : Elipsis overload

AdamInToronto
01-15-2014, 06:23 PM
I hate how elipsis (...) are used excessively throughout the MW UI. It's ridiculous! In some places, the use of elipsis appears to be entirely unnecessary, as they are followed by a whole bunch of empty space, where the cropped text could easily go.

When I'm raided, and the record shows I've lost "545454...", I don't know if I've lost 5 million, or 54 million. But right next to the ..., there is a whole bunch of empty space before the text "4 hours ago". So why, oh why, is the dollar figure cropped?!

The inventory is another place where elipsis are overused. Is a unit with attack "123..." better than another unit with attack "123..."?? Well, it is if its attack is 123456, which would be a whole lot better than the unit with attack 1234. I will grant you that the inventory list doesn't have a whole lot of space for the extra numbers, but since there are soooooo many units these days that exceed 3 digits of attack and/or defence, it's time that the layout be improved so that 6-digit powers can be displayed completely.

Blade of 3
01-15-2014, 07:27 PM
I hate how elipsis (...) are used excessively throughout the MW UI. It's ridiculous! In some places, the use of elipsis appears to be entirely unnecessary, as they are followed by a whole bunch of empty space, where the cropped text could easily go.

When I'm raided, and the record shows I've lost "545454...", I don't know if I've lost 5 million, or 54 million. But right next to the ..., there is a whole bunch of empty space before the text "4 hours ago". So why, oh why, is the dollar figure cropped?!

The inventory is another place where elipsis are overused. Is a unit with attack "123..." better than another unit with attack "123..."?? Well, it is if its attack is 123456, which would be a whole lot better than the unit with attack 1234. I will grant you that the inventory list doesn't have a whole lot of space for the extra numbers, but since there are soooooo many units these days that exceed 3 digits of attack and/or defence, it's time that the layout be improved so that 6-digit powers can be displayed completely.
I agree with you. I cannot even see how much I donated without ending my total donation with all ones to fit in the allotted area. It would be much easier if they just rounded it up to the thousands and ended it with a "K."

warrends
01-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Excellent points. You are quite the grammarian. Grammatist? Grandma? Whatever.

And never forget the just plain numerous wrong posts that we constantly see. They can't get their artwork right. Think they can get their coding or in-game displays right? At first it was funny when we constantly saw popups saying "For this event be sure to get your *null*!" But after a few of those it got old. And quite clear, yet again, that this software company knows nothing about software. It's a shame.

DTA-HOG
01-16-2014, 07:07 AM
It's pretty easy to tell how much you have been raided by looking at your base. I don't see the need for a change. There is only so much room to work with in the UI, and when it was developed, these figures weren't ever thought of as relevant. I read a post on someone's wall from a little over a year ago and the guy was freaking out because his opponent had a 16k attack unit.

mreilly
01-16-2014, 09:07 AM
It's pretty easy to tell how much you have been raided by looking at your base. I don't see the need for a change. There is only so much room to work with in the UI, and when it was developed, these figures weren't ever thought of as relevant. I read a post on someone's wall from a little over a year ago and the guy was freaking out because his opponent had a 16k attack unit.

Hey DTA-HOG welcome back. I see your accounts been unbanned. Lets hope this time around you can keep things nice and pleasant. Oh and before i forget thank you for the 7 pages of messages you sent me. Not sure if you were drunk or high but I had a good laugh.