PDA

View Full Version : Boss strength

KillerDriller
01-14-2014, 12:19 PM
I am about 250k stronger in attack than I was during the last boss event yet i am unable to get to the same level with the latest boss. These boss strength increases suck. Looks like Greedy wants us to use gold to win these boss events. That isn't going to happen with the crappy prizes they offer.

Arc Burn
01-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Yes, the boss is hard. But crappy prizes?

HGF69
01-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Gree's stupidity is it's own downfall. They get greedy and increase the boss strength hoping more people will spend gold.

Nooo, it has the opposite affect. I'm not wasting gold on getting the top prize. Plan backfire.

Richard79
01-14-2014, 01:03 PM
The top players in my faction were going to blow gold to get the final prize but upon seeing just how far they DIDNT get this time round when they went 10+ lvls further last epic boss we are not spending a single gold bar!!! Well done greedy cut your own balls off

Thief
01-14-2014, 01:06 PM
While the Boss strength does keep increasing i would like to point out first and foremost that the last boss was actually easier than the one before that.

So gree basically kept themselves on track for the difficulty increases. (They just skipped an event made it artifically easier and then corrected with this one)

However at the same time they keep increasing the strength to a level thats just plain abrusd. Lvl 101-150 get a boss with 550 million health (a good amount) but then as soon as you hit lvl 151 you have to beat one that has 2.05 BILLION Health? Wait so you level up once and your boss is now 4 Times more difficult than the previous tier?

The problem is they base all of those numbers based on the top 3 teams...No one in the top 3 is under lvl 150 so you don't have that same issue.

Ive argued it for quite some time that they need to break out the 151-300 tier and while its not a perfect fix to the problem at hand at least it can keep the game fun for someone under 20 million attack.

Edit: I should note that Yes this directly impacts me but i've been arguing for them to break out the tier way before it did and when the broke out the new level cap to 250....

Vballmadam
01-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Sad part is no one will be able to defeat the boss soon.....not even the top players!

alphakennybody
01-14-2014, 02:04 PM
As CJ trolls the forums currently I'm sure this particular question at hand will go avoided, as to why such a increase every boss, as if.they expect you to pay or else... HELLO CJ54 I see you ;).

KillerDriller
01-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Yes, the boss is hard. But crappy prizes?

The final prize certainly isn't crappy.

For example, beating level 21 only fives a unit worth about 1400. Until you get up way higher, nothing very interesting.

Dirty Mind
01-14-2014, 02:53 PM
I've gained over 1 Million att since the last one, thanks to the raid boss, and I cant get as far as I did last time.

KillerDriller
01-14-2014, 03:26 PM
I've gained over 1 Million att since the last one, thanks to the raid boss, and I cant get as far as I did last time.

The raid boss was an excellent event IMHO. Hopefully future events will come with a folder drop rate that allows one to summon a reasonable number of bosses. I can see Gree screwing this up by making the drop rate for folders too low.

Dirty Mind
01-14-2014, 08:48 PM
The raid boss was an excellent event IMHO. Hopefully future events will come with a folder drop rate that allows one to summon a reasonable number of bosses. I can see Gree screwing this up by making the drop rate for folders too low.
Agreed, it would have been a complete bust without the 100 free folders.

manbeast
01-15-2014, 05:20 AM
Boss event has always been my favorite. And it has always been the only event if spend gold on... But this current boss event is absolutely terrible...

-Boss has way too much health (lvl 204)
-5 days is impossible for 100 bosses. I only work 2 days a week and I still don't have time to play that much. Pretty soon the only mw players left will be nerds with no life cause all the normal people who try to have a life get screwed over
Example: say on average boss 50-100 takes one hour to complete.. Even if I started on boss 50 and had 5 days then that means I've gotta have a boss up all 5 days for 10 hrs a day with my alarm going off every 7 minutes... No thanks.. 100 bosses is just too much for 5 days. I remember when the top boss was number 30 and we had 4-5 days to kill him.. If you are going to keep the boss at 100 then give us at least 7 days..

-last boss I made it to 95 (with full 7 days) ran out of time and used gold to rush 94 and 95.. Would have used gold for 100 if I had another day..
-this boss I probably won't even make it to 70 because of it only being 5 days. NO WAY I'm using gold to go from 70-100 simply because of time limit restrictions so gree is losing out.
-gree needs to stop punishing high level players and rewarding the low level players or I quit. Boss prizes should be tiered by level just like the old boss events were. It is RIDICULOUS that a lvl 20 gets the same prize as me when their boss is only 5% the strength of my boss. It's ok that their boss is only 5% as strong as mine, but to make it fair, their rewards should be 5% as strong as mine

Derrick chua
01-15-2014, 05:36 AM
I see no reason to complain about boss health... this one is so hard that I do not even want to break my bank for the rewards... when not much spend gold on this event they would eventually bring down boss health

Jersey Shep
01-15-2014, 05:43 AM
Personally, I'm glad Gree has made the boss strength so ridiculously high. It keeps me from spending even 1 single gold bar to attempt it. They are doing a great job helping me kick my previous "gold addiction".

Ssne
01-15-2014, 05:47 AM
I just wish they would take it back to 50 bosses. They could keep the relative boss strength the same such that they still extract the same amount of gold from people trying to finish. But the time-consuming element of it would go down.

A game is supposed to be fun Gree, not tedious and irritating. That's what you've done with this boss.

HGF69
01-15-2014, 05:51 AM
I just wish they would take it back to 50 bosses. They could keep the relative boss strength the same such that they still extract the same amount of gold from people trying to finish. But the time-consuming element of it would go down.

A game is supposed to be fun Gree, not tedious and irritating. That's what you've done with this boss.

Yes the fun is fast dwindling, in fact its not fun end of. I think there are potentially massive retirements from this game which will kill it dead unless gree listens so that answers that doesnt it.

Col C Smythe
01-15-2014, 06:10 AM
From another Thread, but also relative here....

Loose estimation, it would appear the Boss 100 health increase is following an expontential curve......

Next Boss will most likely be 3-4 Billion.....

I am a Level 265 with 22/25 million and took 91 cash hits at the current 2.05 billion Boss hits.

Stats will not increase enough to make Boss 100 reasonably reachable at this progression.

7 days is bad enough, but at 5 days it is a real killer.

Last Boss Health was adjusted to a more reasonanble level for some reason, either by design or by accident. Either way, it demonstrates Gree can adjust this situation if they wanted to do it. Some will continue to spend gold no matter what, while others are stopping gold expenditures on the no-win progression of stats. I suspect more are joining the last group.

And they wonder why gold spending is dropping.....

Before some goofball Troll decides to make a silly statement about gold spending, this is only a statement of observation from my perspective. I have spent a fair amount of gold over the last 18 months, and I know others have not spent as much or have never spent any gold. That is a personal decision. Regardless, when the cost and effort starts exceeding the outcome or rewards, most people will stop participating in whatever they are doing. In this case, It would appear to me that MW has either reached that point for most or it is getting darn close in most of the events, including WD and other events.

One example is the number of faction mergers going on. The attrition rate for faction members is getting greater than the "new hire" rate. Maybe the SUPs and other major stat players may need to consider not banding together and start distributing themselves among other factions for both leveling the WD faction events and for "training". Might generate more activity among factions.....

Brummied
01-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Yep, for me bosses have been a gauge on how I'm doing with the game, I was high level low stats back in brazil, since then the boss has been an unofficial measure of my progress, I'm sure many players think the same. So when encountering a boss that sets me back.. Is discouraging to say the least, not only do I feel like quitting, I wonder what I have to do to keep up, being in a top 10/25 faction since the start should have kept me ahead of the games progress meter IMO as there are 5000+ factions, that makes me in the it the top 1% of players, yet falling behind in the stat race. I'm sure this effect is felt more keenly at the lower end and wonder how the game will gain new players to keep the momentum going...

01-15-2014, 07:24 AM
The boss was hard but I did complete lvl 100 with 2 hrs and 40 gold

LCDR2012
01-15-2014, 07:44 AM
I can do my Boss 100 in Crime City not really a problem. Can almost go to 50 on free and get some great increases from those many units won. Lvl 79, 1100 Atk. In MW it's too much effort or gold required after level 30. Lvl 137 Attack 1100. This seems to reward campers.

redman
01-15-2014, 08:47 AM
we need our 7 days back for it to even be viable again

Floody
01-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Will get to 75 cos I will not use gold to beat the clock. First time since 100-boss goals were introduced that I won't get there. As others have said, this will save me money, since I spent /600 gold on this event previously.

Goldilucks
01-15-2014, 10:20 AM
You got to pay to play. I dropped 4 vaults to finish this event... 2 were free and the other 2 were 40% off so I'm not too upset about it. I promised myself I would double my stats to get a target in Chile. I achieved that goal, and am now going to become a camper at Level 138. Let's hope the Raid boss doesn't change too much from here on out.

Thief
01-16-2014, 06:56 AM
Boss event has always been my favorite. And it has always been the only event if spend gold on... But this current boss event is absolutely terrible...

I hear ya buddy! Good to see you back on the forums. Something definately needs to be done.

i also agree on Tiered Prizes. I've even gone so far to say that players can pick the tier that wish to compete in...you get less prizes but at least you can still have fun on the event.

Yep, for me bosses have been a gauge on how I'm doing with the game, I was high level low stats back in brazil, since then the boss has been an unofficial measure of my progress, I'm sure many players think the same. So when encountering a boss that sets me back.. Is discouraging to say the least, not only do I feel like quitting, I wonder what I have to do to keep up, being in a top 10/25 faction since the start should have kept me ahead of the games progress meter IMO as there are 5000+ factions, that makes me in the it the top 1% of players, yet falling behind in the stat race. I'm sure this effect is felt more keenly at the lower end and wonder how the game will gain new players to keep the momentum going...

Unfortunately Brummied this is also how i look at it. I complete about 80+% of all of Grees Events and ive pretty much always been in top 10. So yes my stats are skyrocketing...but then i'm having to spend more time and gold each time to defeat the boss? Are we just pegging the health to SUP and assuming thats how strong every lvl 151+ player should be in order to go after it?

The boss was hard but I did complete lvl 100 with 2 hrs and 40 gold

I hear you Animal but whats your attack? 40 million? Your also from a top 3 team. The Gap between the Top 1/3/10/25/everyone else keeps growing. I know gree needs to get their money but do they realize the cutoff point?

You got to pay to play. I dropped 4 vaults to finish this event... 2 were free and the other 2 were 40% off so I'm not too upset about it. I promised myself I would double my stats to get a target in Chile. I achieved that goal, and am now going to become a camper at Level 138. Let's hope the Raid boss doesn't change too much from here on out.

First i do pay to play but i would like to point out that your also in the 101-150 Tier. That one is 4 times Easier than the 151-300 Tier. In the end i'm trying to find ways to improve the event and not just make it where in 3 months the boss 100 will have 10 billion health.

DTA-HOG
01-16-2014, 07:02 AM
That 150+ tier is insane! It's really not going to matter though if these exponential increases are going to happen each month as I doubt very many people attempt 100. It even costs the campers gold nowadays. I'd like to hear from some 300 level players as to how easy or hard they think the final tier is. With 5 mil attack, I would need gold to get to 20 kills.

Brizzol
01-16-2014, 07:25 AM
I gave up at 85 this time. We need the extra 2 days and a reasonable health increase in line with the stats you can actually gain during a campaign. What's the point in trying to complete an event that only gets harder when you improve significantly enough for it to be easier the next time around. I will continue to play but won't be paying money for boss events anymore unless the boss health is reduced for the next campaign and also the usual 7 days. Why fix something that isn't broke, there are other things that need to be worked on. Health increases shouldn't be based on SUP stats increases it isn't fair on the majority of your players.