PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Change: Only Officers and Leaders Can Declare In WD Events

CJ54
01-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Based on repeated player feedback, we have adjusted the functioning of World Domination events so that only officers and the faction leader can declare war. This is done to blunt the effect of "rogue" faction members declaring endlessly or otherwise causing ruckus during a World Domination event.

This does not entirely eliminate the possibility of a rogue faction member (it falls to faction leaders to pick their officers carefully), but should stop the majority of cases.

Please note that this change is server-side. What this means is that on iOS, if someone who is not a leader or officer tries to declare, they will get an error message that makes no sense (" updating faction data", see below). On Android, there is currently no error message at all (we're going to see if we can hotfix one in before Chile). In either case, it will still do nothing because the server just blocks the action. We will have the error messages cleaned up in upcoming game updates.

The error message on iOS when a non-officer tries to declare:

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/iOSNoMembers_zpse7e59be2.png

Lancerdually
01-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill Joy
01-14-2014, 11:34 AM
can officers be promoted or demoted during event?

whitepath23
01-14-2014, 11:36 AM
And all God's people said

Amen!!!!!!!!

rellehcs
01-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Excellent! I'm glad the feedback finally paid off.

Bndawgs
01-14-2014, 11:49 AM
an in game pop-up might help alleviate the mass quantity of tickets that will arise from people not knowing about the change.

PC77
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
an in game pop-up might help alleviate the mass quantity of tickets that will arise from people not knowing about the change.

Said announcement popped up on my iPad while I wasn't in the game, I assume it would be the same for everyone.

Imagon Nakilya
01-14-2014, 12:01 PM
I don't remember asking for this? Lol.

CJ54
01-14-2014, 12:08 PM
We're sending out push notifications every day until the event launches, since we cannot do a pop-up. That won't get everyone but it should get most people.

free play
01-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks CJ, keep the info coming

Kunjan
01-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks CJ! This should really help factions go for the wins in a row streak!!

VikingsVoice
01-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Thank you, Good decision to address this issue. It demonstates that customer issues are heard and addressed.

Richard79
01-14-2014, 12:35 PM
can officers be promoted or demoted during event?

What he said........and a massive thankyou

Web323
01-14-2014, 12:42 PM
best news yet

ploop
01-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the info CJ!

Heizenberg1
01-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Are you able to promote someone to officer during WD. I know rosters are locked but wasn't sure if this also locked promotions.

Fwob
01-14-2014, 01:19 PM
*thumbs up*

comradegeneral
01-14-2014, 02:09 PM
I welcome everybody to my base daily player who want to get strong and do you know you can get strong without any magic ? 1st try and join a good faction make sure the faction you join are all a daily player Note am not here to tell you we are in top 100 or 10 am only here to make this game easy for you,be strong to face any solder without RAID,No magic No code just be a daily player, please feel free to search faction ID 313 541 643 and if you care to know more of the faction this is my ID am not the leader and am not the DL i am a minister of information we have many solder in the faction if you care to make a good friends we have a place out side the game where we chat and talk about our culture and more fun,,,, here are some tip'---- <1. This game encourages you to get experience points and to move up levels as fast as possible. DONT do that! you will only be moving to a higher level with stronger players that your not ready for. this is why a lot of guys fight you and win because you are too week, please Take your time and don't get too many experience points.. COMRADE GENERAL CARE ID 949657657

pb23
01-14-2014, 02:15 PM
What he said........and a massive thankyou

Last event I was unable to make changes. I received an error message that didn't make sense... CJ explained why that was above.

I highly recommend making your promotions over the next two days.

Thanks!

Hellish
01-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks CJ and devs!

Elite Enforcer
01-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Great job gree.

JCL
01-14-2014, 02:20 PM
I got the push notification (iOS, iPad). Thanks for making this change.

Einszwei
01-14-2014, 02:38 PM
This could be an issue... We're gonna need more officers

Camerino
01-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Now if only you will put a "are you sure you want to purchase" button to verify gold purchases, i will believe you listen to us.

Griffin4
01-14-2014, 05:28 PM
Will this be the same for crime city

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-14-2014, 05:49 PM
CJ,

Can you please respond one way or the other to this question that has been posted twice before in this thread and mentioned many times in other threads on this topic.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?79172-gree&p=1142725#post1142725

Have changes been made whereby the leader has the ability to promote and demote officers during the course of the war?

This is critical to a successful outcome now as opposed to another 6 months of complaints surrounding the same or similar issue.

D1E Luke
01-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the change!

pb23
01-14-2014, 06:13 PM
CJ,

Can you please respond one way or the other to this question that has been posted twice before in this thread and mentioned many times in other threads on this topic.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?79172-gree&p=1142725#post1142725

Have changes been made whereby the leader has the ability to promote and demote officers during the course of the war?

This is critical to a successful outcome now as opposed to another 6 months of complaints surrounding the same or similar issue.

I've given my first hand experience... you currently CAN NOT promote/demote during war. It throws an error message. Promote wisely and do it in the next two days.

warrends
01-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Great job GREE.

Cannot wait to see how it gets screwed up. A change of this magnitude, the development effort necessary to implement a simple If/Then statement, is astronomical. It requires weeks of testing to be sure it will work, works correctly, will allow only those who are supposed to be able to declare to declare, those who are not cannot, and no false positives nor negatives will appear.

We're screwed. I guarantee it. Even our leaders won't be able to declare.

I am soooo looking forward to this weekend.

Enjoy everyone!!!

Edit:
Was that too sarcastic? Or too real????

Thorm V2
01-14-2014, 08:16 PM
At least one person gets how gree works...

JCL
01-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Was that too sarcastic? Or too real????

Yes (I'll let you figure out which I was answering) :)

Sir josh
01-14-2014, 10:57 PM
We're sending out push notifications every day until the event launches, since we cannot do a pop-up. That won't get everyone but it should get most people.

Please fix the problem with WD matchups. Stop the matching of very small high stat teams with large teams with much lower stats. Just because the total attack and defense of the team approximates the total of the other, this match up is totally unfair, unfightable. Stop repetitive match ups during the war.
I would also suggest limiting the number of hits a single member can receive during a single event. "Rival can no longer fight" Make teams look for other targets within the rival team instead of continuing dozens of hits on the weakest, highest level rival scoring multiple points.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-14-2014, 11:21 PM
The match up system has been an issue since shortly after streaks started no matter how many tweaks it may have had.

Here's a crazy idea right out of left field.

Keep it simple and dump the complex, confused and unworkable match-up system totally.

Dansgek
01-14-2014, 11:40 PM
So the players have caused the issue by making Streak Teams (and yes this because of the streak bonusses), and that's why we blame Gree for it?

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-14-2014, 11:58 PM
It's a Gree designed system Dansgek.

They have not changed it, so I don't envisage the matchup system will improve dramatically and it will be a bit like chasing your tail. It was designed for the standard battles where teams found their relative position in the field and fought against others in a 'similar position'.

'Similar position' now is as irrelevant to the matchup system as it is to streak teams.

Both teams had fun, win or lose in close battles because both teams had targets. That can't be said for the current battles. Many here claim they have no targets at all. That does not promote the fun aspect with close battles.

With the clarity of hindsight, allowing streak teams through a system change may have been largely a retrograde step.

warrends
01-15-2014, 03:19 AM
So the players have caused the issue by making Streak Teams (and yes this because of the streak bonusses), and that's why we blame Gree for it?

Absolutely. It's called unintended consequences. And that is caused by people not thinking thru their actions. Perhaps this one was just so clever that even GREE couldn't see it coming. Yes, saying that makes me laugh. But if that's the case then they see a big issue with people massively abusing a loophole and then immediately fix it. But of course that never happened. This has been going on for 3-4 wars in all 3 games. It's actually quite brilliant on the players' part, and typically pathetic on GREE's part for not having done anything about it. It only affects *everyone*, so I'd expect them to do nothing. It's ... typical. And it IS GREE's fault.

sirdirty11
01-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Absolutely. It's called unintended consequences. And that is caused by people not thinking thru their actions. Perhaps this one was just so clever that even GREE couldn't see it coming. Yes, saying that makes me laugh. But if that's the case then they see a big issue with people massively abusing a loophole and then immediately fix it. But of course that never happened. This has been going on for 3-4 wars in all 3 games. It's actually quite brilliant on the players' part, and typically pathetic on GREE's part for not having done anything about it. It only affects *everyone*, so I'd expect them to do nothing. It's ... typical. And it IS GREE's fault.

Whoa.. you're complaining about streak teams?? Seriously?

And streak teams always get matched with some crazy team at the end of the streak. So your misplaced hatred is either out of context or out of jealously. Relax man, don't spike the Kool-ade for the rest of the people trying to make due with a great opportunity (streaks).

On a completely different note:

Anyone try to change leadership in a faction? It gives the same error CJ mentions above about updating server data. Makes me wonder if it's global or a fluke.

pedrombv
01-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Nice change. Hope that works properly :p

CaptAmerica
01-15-2014, 01:48 PM
thanks for the update CJ! a much welcomed change.

Viscount Bell
01-15-2014, 04:56 PM
very impressive

Systematrix
01-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Thank you for hearing our pleas! I guess the squeakiest wheel that doesn't generate profit gets the oil. ;)

comradegeneral
01-16-2014, 03:13 AM
I welcome everybody to my base daily player who want to get strong and do you know you can get strong without any magic ? 1st try and join a good faction make sure the faction you join are all a daily player Note am not here to tell you we are in top 100 or 10 am only here to make this game easy for you,be strong to face any solder without RAID,No magic No code just be a daily player, please feel free to search faction ID 313 541 643 and if you care to know more of the faction this is my ID am not the leader and am not the DL i am a minister of information we have many solder in the faction if you care to make a good friends we have a place out side the game where we chat and talk about our culture and more fun,,,, here are some tip'---- <1. This game encourages you to get experience points and to move up levels as fast as possible. DONT do that! you will only be moving to a higher level with stronger players that your not ready for. this is why a lot of guys fight you and win because you are too week, please Take your time and don't get too many experience points.. COMRADE GENERAL CARE ID 949657657

Vile Lynn
01-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Finally! Thank you for the change! Smart move!

Can you make this possible in CC & KA, too?

(...and still wanting a gold/gem use confirmation button!)

2MblaZ
01-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Can allies number decrease can also be stopped during war?... Somebody remembers TKO disaster recently?...:confused:

X-BASS
01-17-2014, 03:35 PM
A very very welcome change at last...

chuck_norris
01-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Fi-fn'-ly!!

Bobar
01-18-2014, 06:24 AM
good move, well done

JimCC/MW
01-18-2014, 08:23 AM
It is odd, but our leader cannot declare war... good thing we have several officers.

Never mind, he tried with his mini....

Mikeydel46
01-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Wow it took just two years to get officers only to declare war. What a joke!!!This game has become a joke. So many cheaters/hackers if you spend a cent on this fake gold youre a big sucker. Can't even run an event without it being all screwed up. If you got this kinda customer service from anyone you would never do business with them again. Funny how people still get sucked into spending real money for something so screwed up.

Mikeydel46
01-18-2014, 10:06 AM
You're right on the money Warrends Gree at its best idiot central

TaxCollector
01-20-2014, 05:41 AM
Happy with this change, made a great differance

MWVeteran
01-20-2014, 12:55 PM
good idea !!

Blackadder
01-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Thank you!!!!!!!

italo512
01-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Excellent change!!! See, and all you people say Gree don't care!!!

Richard79
01-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Superb change, could we now see a second in command that is able to build walls and remove and demote members other than the Leader, some other ranks would also be a welcome sight. Food for thought maybe

Yahoo
01-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Well done,
Now fix the stupidity of one person NON-teams in faction events.
1 in 4 times we get confronted with someone using 1 or 2 gorilla ID's that no normally composed faction
paired with there strenght can do anything against.
NO fun, just waisted time for members freeing themseves to play.
It realy agravates our members when this happend. They just give a **** or **** comment and log out.
The group contacts and working together are big part of what makes us play this game and come back.
Win or lose the fun is playing not to login to do nothing.
It's against the spirit of what a faction is.
So do something to make them vulnerable or impossible and give us our pleasure back.

italo512
01-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Superb change, could we now see a second in command that is able to build walls and remove and demote members other than the Leader, some other ranks would also be a welcome sight. Food for thought maybe Dude, that's an awesome idea, my fingers are raw!!!

Die14
02-05-2014, 11:35 AM
CJ54 please check my request!!!! I need my account back, please pm me, im tired about sending mails And 0 answer......
die_e14@yahoo.com ID: 471 236 479
U can check it!!!!!!

chase84
02-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Awesome! No more rogue

Hank Schrader
02-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Thank you gree

nealcam
02-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Very happy with this change. can finally have control over the group and those who are new that do nothing but declare war right when no one has health. weve had a lot more successful back to back wins

kamikazedriver
03-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Great idea for only officers and leaders, now theres some kind of established rank.

bam bam.
03-20-2014, 07:18 PM
How far off till a second in command can be appointed to buy walls, bonuses and kick members. Leaders cant be on 24/7.
my faction we have 1 in charge on the "day shift" and one incharge on the "night shift". Its needed.

im just sayin :P

Jamss
03-23-2014, 09:13 PM
[awesomw QUOTE=CJ54;1155697]Based on repeated player feedback, we have adjusted the functioning of World Domination events so that only officers and the faction leader can declare war. This is done to blunt the effect of "rogue" faction members declaring endlessly or otherwise causing ruckus during a World Domination event.

This does not entirely eliminate the possibility of a rogue faction member (it falls to faction leaders to pick their officers carefully), but should stop the majority of cases.

Please note that this change is server-side. What this means is that on iOS, if someone who is not a leader or officer tries to declare, they will get an error message that makes no sense (" updating faction data", see below). On Android, there is currently no error message at all (we're going to see if we can hotfix one in before Chile). In either case, it will still do nothing because the server just blocks the action. We will have the error messages cleaned up in upcoming game updates.

The error message on iOS when a non-officer tries to declare:

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/iOSNoMembers_zpse7e59be2.png[/QUOTE]
Great job