PDA

View Full Version : Are videos time of the day based?

Starwulf
01-13-2014, 10:24 PM
So, it's pretty obvious that the free gem videos show up based on what(if any) companies use gree to advertise in your general area. My question is, are they time-based as well? Such as, are you more likely to see videos at like..3pm, as compared to 3am? I see a lot of people(including more then a few from the east coast, in areas very close to mine), claim to be getting massive amounts of videos A DAY(like, 10 or more), whereas I myself am experiencing only 6-10 videos in an entire month. I'm starting to believe it's because I tend to play late at night, from 10pm till 8am.

Anyone have any thoughts/input on this?

Dianish
01-13-2014, 10:41 PM
It doesnt matter which time of day i check for offers. I still only get my 2 a month.

Same deal when i tryed vpn. Could get 4-8 every week.

I have tryed in the morning, noon, afternoon, evening, night.. No pattern at all. But there have been theories about it.

bosskiller
01-14-2014, 07:53 AM
This is an interesting question. Hopefully someone comes up with a way to research this and can enlighten us :)

09cobaltss
01-14-2014, 08:39 AM
I do seem to get them at certain times of the day. Mainly 11am EST or 7pm EST. Not sure if there is anything to it though

firefly333
01-14-2014, 09:39 AM
I clearly have better luck early morning than in the afternoon ....so Im bettting they load a certain amount? or there is a reason why I can get them early morning but not later in the day.

Sometimes I get them late at night after about 10:30 pm it seems to me too, but not in between morning and late night

geo81
01-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Morning for me, everyday. Every morning I'll get 1-4 free videos and very rarely do I get another till the next morning

Lonestar Light
01-14-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't think it's just area based as when I was toruing my bandmate got at least 3 videos daily and I hardly got 3 a month

InspectahDeck
01-17-2014, 05:36 PM
I get a decent amount 5-6 per day. In the am and pm though. I assume it is a first come first serve basis. Most ad agencies run a cost per view and the people advertising probably have x amount of views paid for, so if people beat you to it and drain the amount to spend per day you are sol

Starwulf
01-17-2014, 09:14 PM
I get a decent amount 5-6 per day. In the am and pm though. I assume it is a first come first serve basis. Most ad agencies run a cost per view and the people advertising probably have x amount of views paid for, so if people beat you to it and drain the amount to spend per day you are sol

ya know, that actually sounds about right. When I was "constantly" logging on back during Headless Horsemen(nearly made 60, didn't acct for daylight saving time and missed 60th kill), I was getting videos out the wazoo, because I was on every hour and I always hit the "watch video for gem" button. Now that I only log on every few hours or so, I almost never get videos.

The Hurricane
01-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Once, where I live. I didn't let my android out of my hand, I tried all morning, afternoon, evening, night, midnight. Not A SINGLE video.

alexeydragon
01-18-2014, 06:28 AM
I am living in country called Ukraine (Think u heard it un news). I try to click free gems, but it always says that there are no video-offers available. I watched only 4 videos in tome when I just started playing Knights and Dragons, and that's all. VPN is not working in Ukraine and I can't get free gems as all people do.

Musketeer
01-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Morning for me, everyday. Every morning I'll get 1-4 free videos and very rarely do I get another till the next morning

And where on the globe do you live? because it's always morning somewhere.

I'm West Coast USA, so the same timezone as the times quoted in the game, PST (Pacific Standard Time). At one time I was logging on with three different devices/accounts between 5am and 6am, and I might get 6 or more videos with one device, and none on another.

I log in at various times round the clock, and check the video offers if I have time. If I get one I often get the same one several times, but most of the time I get nothing.

For the videos that come up from the normal 'offers' button, it's usually two or three that come up every day. Today it's Ninja Love, myVegas Slots and Brave Frontier. Unfortunately the game ofetn crashes when I try to view them, so it's touch and go getting even these free gems every day.

Overall I'm getting many more free gems than I used to through gameplay thanks to the new arena system, so I'm not complaining. If you are frugal with gem usage you should be able to get the extra boss kill, war wins or arena points when it matters, but if you squander them on chests they won't last two minutes.