PDA

View Full Version : new war old boss

09cobaltss
01-13-2014, 05:18 PM
What is the reward if you are not in top 10. As a ex top ten player I see no end to gree being completely clueless. No one wants a old boss armor. Why not give top 10 new epic, top 25 old epic + (maybe Tec in this war), top 50 regular Tec, then rest a new legendary. Maybe take wolf armor and change colors, elements, and stats to be on par with new EB armors?

tttoo
01-13-2014, 05:27 PM
What is the reward if you are not in top 10. As a ex top ten player I see no end to gree being completely clueless. No one wants a old boss armor. Why not give top 10 new epic, top 25 old epic + (maybe Tec in this war), top 50 regular Tec, then rest a new legendary. Maybe take wolf armor and change colors, elements, and stats to be on par with new EB armors?

Because soon legendaries and epics will be flooded. When the rewards for top guilds can't dominate, there is no reason to fight for being top guilds. Perhaps a better solution is instead of giving out armors, reward with keys or craft pieces.

09cobaltss
01-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Do you honestly believe that top 10 can't beat old epics? Trust me I murder old epics so I don't think that is an issue. Not to mention they are all fusable so what's the big deal giving them as a reward to paying customers?

Sol Invictus
01-13-2014, 05:44 PM
When the rewards for top guilds can't dominate, there is no reason to fight for being top guilds.

Are you deranged, man?

When you have the #1 guild win by millions of points, you think that they're only doing it because they just want to secure that new Epic+ so they can continue to dominate?

These people spend and spend for no other reason, really, than just to be #1. They keep spending and spending even after they've secured the #1 spot.

But, not only are you wrong, spreading out the powerful armor to the lesser-ranked guilds will increase competition. When my guild gets matched up with a top 10 guild, at best we're gonna spend two bars of energy just to try to get something, and then we lay down and take the whooping.

If we actually had the ability to beat a lot of these players in 3-on-3 combat, then we would put in the effort.
But since we can't, we don't.

tttoo
01-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Do you honestly believe that top 10 can't beat old epics? Trust me I murder old epics so I don't think that is an issue. Not to mention they are all fusable so what's the big deal giving them as a reward to paying customers?

1. There are at least 7 epic armors not fusable.
2. "Paying customers get rewards" is not always true in Greed's world.

09cobaltss
01-13-2014, 05:50 PM
So I guess my idea of creating more spenders is bad. I'm an idiot

09cobaltss
01-13-2014, 06:47 PM
1. There are at least 7 epic armors not fusable.
2. "Paying customers get rewards" is not always true in Greed's world.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned old epic. So saying 7 arent fusable is really no matter in the conversation. I wonder what was the highest rank your guild has ever gotten?

furyp
01-13-2014, 07:01 PM
I already gave up on GREE. Since day 1, they've been ignoring players.

You know what Elita is going to say?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-u65KWVQMpZo/UWdJUmckINI/AAAAAAAACOg/JGRJCnLqrxM/s640/523517_429722043786078_11597944_n.jpg

09cobaltss
01-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Maybe I should just apply to work for them. If you can't beat them join em

TheDoctorSB
01-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Because soon legendaries and epics will be flooded. When the rewards for top guilds can't dominate, there is no reason to fight for being top guilds. Perhaps a better solution is instead of giving out armors, reward with keys or craft pieces.Point is, this is a game of "Who ever pays the most, wins!" You really think if people got a ton of legendary armor for free, they would even come close to Death Knights? If you think that, you have some screws loose in the head. Those who pay the most WILL ALWAYS WIN, even if say my guild has all legendary armor, we would STILL not catch Death Knights. We do not have people that pay $300 per war to pull the number of points they do.

firefly333
01-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Point is, this is a game of "Who ever pays the most, wins!" You really think if people got a ton of legendary armor for free, they would even come close to Death Knights? If you think that, you have some screws loose in the head. Those who pay the most WILL ALWAYS WIN, even if say my guild has all legendary armor, we would STILL not catch Death Knights. We do not have people that pay $300 per war to pull the number of points they do.

Its not just about gems, lets say Gree said no gemming. We now have the best armors, people who gemmed chests and have 38 epics, most of which they cant even level up. We have maxed all our bonus elements, that 10% bonus give us another edge.

I for one war 24/7 and set my alarm during night to not waste free hits, except one war I said I decided not to bother, because people said not worth it.

My point is DK is the more hard core gamers with the best armors and highest elemental bonus in Android. With no gems I still think we would win.

Ive got a 10 year old pm'ing me tonight trying to convince me that DK should take him or someone who is no good and carry them to a plus armor prize, as if thats all there is to it. Trying to explain he would be farmed for one thing and put more stress on the rest to make up for the points he would lose for us. I asked why would we take you over people in DK2/BBT who have proven they can do over 200K on a waiting list?? He is like some in here who just cant understand its not just that we gem. We are also all hard core players who also have the best armors now.

I honestly think its not all about gemming. Though I have not figured out on a monthly basis how much it costs to gem. I am sure not $1000 a month. You can cut corners, like buy google play cards at costco and then with that discount, stock up on sales.

Paladineguru
01-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Even plus armors fall to reg epics if the counter is correct. Best armor is misnomer at best. And be honest fire, the way top ten works rarely do all 40 have a solid plus lineup. But then honesty is hard for a cheater isn't it fire. Hope you manage to hold that #1because when we take it back. I'm releasing all my line chatlogs :)) happy New year.

Dianish
01-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Why dont you just stop spending? It solves all issues except Gree's. Then its us who laughs at them and not the other way around.

You all know this already... You just cant stop buying those damn gems.

firefly333
01-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Why dont you just stop spending? It solves all issues except Gree's. Then its us who laughs at them and not the other way around.

You all know this already... You just cant stop buying those damn gems.

And you know this about me how?

I am having no trouble with my baby alt not spending gems.

whatever you want to imagine, its ok. Not factual but its ok.

Dianish
01-13-2014, 09:36 PM
And you know this about me how?

I am having no trouble with my baby alt not spending gems.

whatever you want to imagine, its ok. Not factual but its ok.

Wasnt you in particular. Was in general - You as in "gem spenders".

09cobaltss
01-13-2014, 09:57 PM
I have no problem with whoever spends the most wins. That's kind of the way every game is. What I have a problem with is when you don't get top ten you get nothing. You are still spending in most cases just not as much. I have been in top ten before. I have war epics I know how it is. I would have no problems with giving top 25-50 older epics. They did spend money and deserve something

firefly333
01-13-2014, 10:09 PM
I have no problem with whoever spends the most wins. That's kind of the way every game is. What I have a problem with is when you don't get top ten you get nothing. You are still spending in most cases just not as much. I have been in top ten before. I have war epics I know how it is. I would have no problems with giving top 25-50 older epics. They did spend money and deserve something

I agree completely with you ...the wolf armor is a joke for rank 11 and below.

If I dont even want it for a 11 day old alt ...why would anyone with a bit of time in the game want it? stupid

toogoodformyowngood
01-13-2014, 10:22 PM

lol. yup agreed. even if I was in their position it would suck big time. its either top 10 or nothing. the guild that gets top 11/12 is the worse. cuz they spend alot and miss out on the armor.

good luck everybody!

TheFrontiersman
01-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Yeah, what's the point in pushing for top 10 if you can slack the next war and get a plus.

09cobaltss
01-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Yeah, what's the point in pushing for top 10 if you can slack the next war and get a plus.
Are you implying that a new war epic isn't as good as Tec+? Because if thats not what you are saying you must not have read the original post

The Pale Rider
01-15-2014, 06:16 AM

You are correct about everything you've said and your original post was a good idea. Pay no attention to the chorus of idiots who endlessly parrot the same comments. The rewards in this GW are truly worthless beyond the top 10. I have a top 50 guild and we've been top 100 in every war since the first on iOS. Getting Top 50 requires some gemming. It's hard to motivate people to use gems for worthless rewards.

I can tell you that we would boost our spend 50% in a heartbeat for old epics (so 1.4 million to 2.1 million and all of that would be gems). More than half my guild doesn't have 3 epics now. They will break out their credit cards for a guaranteed epic (even a "****ty" one).

The only exception would be moon because it's now weaker than an EB+. I know this is true of most of the top 100. If reaching top 50 gave them an epic the cut off would jump massively. There's as much money to be made in the rest of the top 100 as there is in the top 12 gunning for the new epic - GREE just hasn't tapped that market.

busteroaf
01-15-2014, 07:20 AM
You are correct about everything you've said and your original post was a good idea. Pay no attention to the chorus of idiots who endlessly parrot the same comments. The rewards in this GW are truly worthless beyond the top 10. I have a top 50 guild and we've been top 100 in every war since the first on iOS. Getting Top 50 requires some gemming. It's hard to motivate people to use gems for worthless rewards.

I can tell you that we would boost our spend 50% in a heartbeat for old epics (so 1.4 million to 2.1 million and all of that would be gems). More than half my guild doesn't have 3 epics now. They will break out their credit cards for a guaranteed epic (even a "****ty" one).

The only exception would be moon because it's now weaker than an EB+. I know this is true of most of the top 100. If reaching top 50 gave them an epic the cut off would jump massively. There's as much money to be made in the rest of the top 100 as there is in the top 12 gunning for the new epic - GREE just hasn't tapped that market.

So how much are you talking about busting the credit card out for? $5? $10? $100? Just curious how much this boost of spending would equal.

I'm curious, how much would people be willing to shell out for an epic in the top 100. Just like there will always be that guild that says "why bother with #4, when we can take #10 and get the same prize"... I'm sure there will also be those guilds that coast at the end taking 98th and such for as little as possible.

Considering the top arena prizes are now Epics, and people are still shelling out lots of $$$ for those, do you think they'd give them away on the cheap during guild war, when they still give old Dragon Event armors away in the 40x chest specials? They're getting anywhere from $60-100 for those chest specials, depending on sales and such. I can't see all of the top 100 increasing spending by that much for an old epic during a guild war. I imagine people spending as little as possible to stay in top 100, or even top 50. Hell, I bet there are guilds that could still do it for free, and would. Also, with the older epics already able to be fused, what epics would you see them giving away to make people WANT to spend to get it? If they don't want the newest and best (relative) why would they want something they could fuse for? Do you see why I doubt people would start shelling out that much more money during a war?

I could easily be wrong though, but I don't see them giving away old epics when they still are able to use them for other rewards, and rake in the money. I'm sure my delusional view of the $ spent is clouding my judgement here obviously, and someone will do the math on $5-10 from everyone in the top 25-125 will be leaps and bounds over what they could generate from chests/arena prizes, etc. I'm of course figuring there will be a grand battle of even 25 guilds for that top 100 cutoff for that shiny old epic.

Doc Sharp
01-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Are you implying that a new war epic isn't as good as Tec+? Because if thats not what you are saying you must not have read the original post

You should probably take all of your vast experience in the top ten game and apply it to 5 seconds of research. Tec + has similar stats total to the non plus war epics... So what he's saying is ... why would we bother spending thousands and thousands of gems to secure our top ten position when we could slack and easily crush a top 20 spot if it meant getting a + version of an old epic, which has equivalent stats to a non plus current epic?

Doc Sharp
01-15-2014, 08:00 AM
Should Gree be making new Legendary armors to hand out during guild wars? Maybe. Probably... personally when I was in a top 25 guild I would have been psyched to get an older non + epic for placing 11-15, it would open up 5 more sought after slots.

For 16-20 and beyond I don't know, some new higher stat legendarys would be kind of cool. Or, with the amount of epic fusion going on, hand out fusion candy. Trust me, giving the 16-25 guilds multiple legendaries and some fusion boosts isn't going to hurt top ten's feelings.

The Pale Rider
01-15-2014, 08:39 AM
So how much are you talking about busting the credit card out for? $5? $10? $100? Just curious how much this boost of spending would equal.

I'm curious, how much would people be willing to shell out for an epic in the top 100. Just like there will always be that guild that says "why bother with #4, when we can take #10 and get the same prize"... I'm sure there will also be those guilds that coast at the end taking 98th and such for as little as possible.

Considering the top arena prizes are now Epics, and people are still shelling out lots of $$$ for those, do you think they'd give them away on the cheap during guild war, when they still give old Dragon Event armors away in the 40x chest specials? They're getting anywhere from $60-100 for those chest specials, depending on sales and such. I can't see all of the top 100 increasing spending by that much for an old epic during a guild war. I imagine people spending as little as possible to stay in top 100, or even top 50. Hell, I bet there are guilds that could still do it for free, and would. Also, with the older epics already able to be fused, what epics would you see them giving away to make people WANT to spend to get it? If they don't want the newest and best (relative) why would they want something they could fuse for? Do you see why I doubt people would start shelling out that much more money during a war?

I could easily be wrong though, but I don't see them giving away old epics when they still are able to use them for other rewards, and rake in the money. I'm sure my delusional view of the $ spent is clouding my judgement here obviously, and someone will do the math on $5-10 from everyone in the top 25-125 will be leaps and bounds over what they could generate from chests/arena prizes, etc. I'm of course figuring there will be a grand battle of even 25 guilds for that top 100 cutoff for that shiny old epic.

I thought about the cost and assumed 300 gems average with 40 members. Cost would be about $30 each or $1200. But let's say it's really half that amount on average. It's still a lot more guilds. 90 guilds dropping $600 each is $54,000. That's substantial for GREE.

No one is seriously vying for the top prize in arena because they actually want the epic. The rewards are VERY good up along the way up to 150k. Beyond that it's a status thing.

You're ignoring the elephant in the room. Epics are already falling behind current boss armor in stats. GREE can't motivate spending with old armor rewards without changing their stats. It's not Epics per se - there simply is no legendary armor that's worth leveling pre-krampus or from the DP chest. So GREE either makes some new armors with better stats between the current EB+ and Epics or it starts giving away more Epics.

dragonx254
01-15-2014, 09:07 AM
But wouldn't that just increase overall spending, and still cause a "We spent just as much, and got garbage" thing for lower ends?

The rank 101 guild might spend just as much as rank 100, and instead of getting an old epic, they get an old EB+ instead?

Aka, just shuffle the garbage a bit lower?

Doc Sharp
01-15-2014, 09:32 AM
But wouldn't that just increase overall spending, and still cause a "We spent just as much, and got garbage" thing for lower ends?

The rank 101 guild might spend just as much as rank 100, and instead of getting an old epic, they get an old EB+ instead?

Aka, just shuffle the garbage a bit lower?

Not everyone wins a trophy in the real world. Someone has to finish 11th, or 101st.

Reversal
01-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Not everyone wins a trophy in the real world. Someone has to finish 11th, or 101st.
Even still though in KnD luckily you do get rewards, unfortunately for rank 11th it's a painful "trophy" :)

dragonx254
01-15-2014, 09:56 AM
All I see it doing is lining Gree's pocket with more money, honestly.

Because then all those people who were content with the 101-250 prize will now suddenly want to push for the 25-50,51-100 prizes, and then there's just more guilds who will come here and then QQ about how they spent $100s and got only a crappy EB+.

Don't get me wrong, I think the prize drop off is ridiculous from 10 to 11.

But still, they have to ensure there's no drastic drop in prize "quality" from one rank to the next, or that a lower rank has technically better rewards than a higher rank.

Reversal
01-15-2014, 10:03 AM

Because then all those people who were content with the 101-250 prize will now suddenly want to push for the 25-50,51-100 prizes, and then there's just more guilds who will come here and then QQ about how they spent $100s and got only a crappy EB+.

But still, they have to ensure there's no drastic drop in prize "quality" from one rank to the next, or that a lower rank has technically better rewards than a higher rank.

The drop off from 10 to 11 was always this ridiculous, but it's just the fact that it feels really heavy right now since the Epic is the best (Stat wise) and the Legendary is mediocre at best.
In all honesty, we could of seen this coming really and personally I wouldn't be surprised if the drop off would be even worse from today on forward.

Doc Sharp
01-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Yeah Dragon I agree, the dropoff is way to steep. Imo, give people multiple legendary armors, fusion boosts, and dpc keys. Those dpc keys are trash anyway, is anyone actually buying them anymore? Gree, stop treating them like they're special, they're not. Nobody cares about Torchflame Mantle and Monk's Vestments... it's fusion food, so treat it appropriately.

Why not give people stuff like 5x of each mono legendary for 11-15 stacked with some fusion boosts and 10 dpc keys and a maxed nemesis for the boss?
16 - 20 gets dropped to 3x of each with less fusion boosts, a half level nemesis, and 5 keys
20 - 25 gets 1x of each, 1 fusion boost, level 1 nemesis, and 3 keys
26-30 gets Wolf+, a level 1 nemesis, with 1 key

Something like that... give them a reward package they can use to advance themselves.

busteroaf
01-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Should Gree be making new Legendary armors to hand out during guild wars? Maybe. Probably... personally when I was in a top 25 guild I would have been psyched to get an older non + epic for placing 11-15, it would open up 5 more sought after slots.

For 16-20 and beyond I don't know, some new higher stat legendarys would be kind of cool. Or, with the amount of epic fusion going on, hand out fusion candy. Trust me, giving the 16-25 guilds multiple legendaries and some fusion boosts isn't going to hurt top ten's feelings.

Someone mentioned before that they could give out legendaries with better stats than the current Epic Boss, and mentioned again. When the current EB's already have higher stats than the oldest epics... and you want to hand out more legendaries with even better stats, you're just accelerating the stat creep even more.

You also do realize that as you do this, they will come out with 6* armors. They make them the guild war prize, and older epics become the top 25 prizes, you would have to increase the EB stats even more so than before to keep up. Again, once you're out of the top 25... you have the battle of "we paid and got crap, no one wants to fight for 2th/51st/101st/etc" unless they make the rewards better. Eventually, the 4* EB will have the same stats as those 6* armors... and your cycle will repeat, with them bringing out 7*s and 8*'s. And people say Gree is Greedy. Again, not everyone can win a trophy in real life. Most who don't win trophys, don't get anything. At least they get something.

Be happy with the older legendaries for now. We don't need a new rarity of armor every 3 months because people aren't happy with the rewards below top 10.

As far as people doing arena for the rewards... Please don't tell me they only do it for the "status". If that was the case, they would have gotten their Black Medals already. And the armor not being worthwhile? Forgestone+ from way back when... you know, that 2nd Guild War Epic? It makes all those new Druid epics look like 2* armors. The old armors are just as viable as current ones. And people sure as hell still want them.

busteroaf
01-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Yeah Dragon I agree, the dropoff is way to steep. Imo, give people multiple legendary armors, fusion boosts, and dpc keys. Those dpc keys are trash anyway, is anyone actually buying them anymore? Gree, stop treating them like they're special, they're not. Nobody cares about Torchflame Mantle and Monk's Vestments... it's fusion food, so treat it appropriately.

Why not give people stuff like 5x of each mono legendary for 11-15 stacked with some fusion boosts and 10 dpc keys and a maxed nemesis for the boss?
16 - 20 gets dropped to 3x of each with less fusion boosts, a half level nemesis, and 5 keys
20 - 25 gets 1x of each, 1 fusion boost, level 1 nemesis, and 3 keys
26-30 gets Wolf+, a level 1 nemesis, with 1 key

Something like that... give them a reward package they can use to advance themselves.

Giving out Nemesis as rewards? What nemesis? An armor useful for one week? No thanks. That hardly does anyone any good, especially with war ending halfway through the boss.

You do realize this happens in every game right? When I played Rage of Bahamut, the same thing happened. You have your normal, uncommon, rare, high rare, super rare, super super rare...

They used to have their chest pulls that people could purchase. I forget the name. Could be anything from uncommon and up. Then people complained and complained about getting uncommon stuff when they purchased it. Then magically, they made it rare and up. There was also new card rarity, Legendary. Eventually, all those Rares that were useful a few months ago, were now fodder for the high rares and stuff. When I stopped playing, even the high rares weren't enough, becoming fodder, and they had the Super Legendaries cards. Do you see the pattern?

You're always going to have a stat creep, and a rarity issue. Low level prizes won't be good enough for people. Whatever the current "norm" is... which for this game is Legendary for most, Epic for others. Once Epic becomes the new "norm" for most... guess what, Epic won't be good enough for the top tier, and you will see a new armor rarity. It is inevitable. Hell, new starting players will soon be getting DPC keys in their first few levels, and they'll have Epics in them. But by that time, there will also be 6*, 7*, and 8* armors.

Doc Sharp
01-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Meh... nemesis was just thrown in for the hell of it. It's not a "do this" formula, it's just a suggestion to increase the prize package. Primarily what I'd like to see them do is the idea of multiple 4* armors so those guilds get a prize pack that essentially gives them something like a chest pull in the form of fusion that they can use when they want.

Obviously there's going to be stat creep... there has to be ... as stated over and over again, if there's nothing new to get, we quit playing and go spend money on beating the next game. The idea is to stay ahead of the player base with stat creep. It's a good thing.

I see your point about the legendary armor being nearly equivalent to epics now and I agree.. I frankly don't care what Gree wants to call an armor or how many stars they choose to give it. Epic is the new legendary already. When's the last time you went up against a top 50 guild that didn't have a hefty supply of epics? They're everywhere. Does that mean it's time for a new Super Epic and start giving away Epic as consolation prizes? Sure, I'm game.

firefly333
01-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Yeah Dragon I agree, the dropoff is way to steep.

For sure...Gree will miss out on a lot of gemming this war for those top 100 but not top 10. Some in my baby alts guild would have gemmed if it was a good prize for 11 to 100.

The Pale Rider
01-15-2014, 11:40 AM

What you are describing as a negative is the entire point of the game and the basis of my appeal - it will make more money for GREE.

Doc Sharp
01-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Yeah Pale that was his point too. It took me a minute and a few reads to realize it.

Eunuchorn
01-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Guilds 12-25 barely spend gems. Why should 26-8000 be given exponential power increases?
Gree ruined the game by releasing epic chests. End of story, no going back. I said a long time ago they should flood the chest market with equivalent stat, varying element legendaries to increase overall spending & game balance. They soon after introduced Moontide.
All downhill from there.

Doc Sharp
01-15-2014, 01:06 PM
I was actually curious about that. I know android that's the case. With the way people were talking about it I just assumed iOS was more competitive in the 12-50 range. I guess not?

The Pale Rider
01-15-2014, 01:07 PM
Guilds 12-25 barely spend gems. Why should 26-8000 be given exponential power increases?
Gree ruined the game by releasing epic chests. End of story, no going back. I said a long time ago they should flood the chest market with equivalent stat, varying element legendaries to increase overall spending & game balance. They soon after introduced Moontide.
All downhill from there.

Where are you getting this idea of exponential power increases? Getting a fusable epic does nothing for me -- I have 7 of them. It would help some people in my guild and its a prize worth playing for. Old legendary armor with stats well below the current EB is worthless. You're usually sharper than this, I am simply pointing out that GREE ran out of non-epics to give to 11-100 guilds. The power level of past prizes in GWs was just below epic. Think about the first GW top 50 was guard+ (top 100 was guard and sky+). At the time guard was slightly below the new epics. Guard was a legitimately usuable armor for those who didn't yet have 3 epics. Now the prize is Wolf+, which is worse than the Guard+ from the first war - despite the fact that there have been a dozen new epics introduced in the interim.

Buster's criticism is similarly off base. I am not advocating for stat creep, I am advocating for consistency. Stat creep is part of the game. It happens every week, everywhere EXCEPT the rewards for GW finishers in 11-100. There the stats are declining sharply in an absolute sense and relative to all the other armor in the game.

The Pale Rider
01-15-2014, 01:09 PM
All downhill from there.

Where are you getting this idea of exponential power increases? Getting a fusable epic does nothing for me -- I have 7 of them. It would help some people in my guild and its a prize worth playing for. Old legendary armor with stats well below the current EB is worthless. You're usually sharper than this, I am simply pointing out that GREE ran out of non-epics to give to 11-100 guilds. The power level of past prizes in GWs was just below epic. Think about the first GW top 50 was guard+ (top 100 was guard and sky+). At the time guard was slightly below the new epics. Guard was a legitimately usuable armor for those who didn't yet have 3 epics. Now the prize is Wolf+, which is worse than the Guard+ from the first war - despite the fact that there have been a dozen new epics introduced in the interim.

Buster's criticism is similarly off base. I am not advocating for stat creep, I am advocating for consistency. Stat creep is part of the game. It happens every week, everywhere EXCEPT the rewards for GW finishers in 11-100. There the stats are declining sharply in an absolute sense and relative to all the other armor in the game.

Eunuchorn
01-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Don't misunderstand Paleman, I have said since war 1 that 11-8000 rewards were ludicrous. It's gotten slightly better except they have just about run out of viable DPC only Leg+ to give away & the already useless boss armors are as usual a spit in the face. But if you look at the numbers & average levels of players in 11-500, the current rewards are probably not that off base (considering a companies goal is to always keep the user weakened & wanting more) I don't analyze the rewards in any way, nor do I usually look at final scores of top 100 guilds. But when I can spend $100 & single handedly get in top 25/50, the majority of players are obviously not paying for what Gree thinks they deserve.

In the other Gree games rewards are cumulative & passive & ppl pay for top 500 about what it costs top 25/10 in K&D.
If Gree would get rid of the hold to Speed up arrow like we've been saying on forum for over a year now, more ppl would probably play & the game could grow. I think they're stalling that turning point until they have 6mo of LTQs planned & half tested before opening the flood gates. We are 6-12 months behind in design of the other Gree games, & this one they didn't create with their own team & engine so...

09cobaltss
01-15-2014, 06:45 PM
My whole point was that the reason top 50 guilds don't spend as much is because they have no incentive to spend. Why would a business want to cut off 2/3 of their potential money in wars? We all know wars make them way more money than chests so you can't tell me it's to keep people buying more chests

busteroaf
01-15-2014, 07:41 PM
If people wanted to spend money, or wanted to get into a better guild, they can, and they would. I don't think people are just waiting for the top 10 guilds to all disappear before they start spending. Sure the incentive might not be there, but it's pretty obvious what guilds people can move to to improve themselves. It's not like there is a pure stranglehold on the top 10, nor are all their members permanent.

Nightcore
01-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Meh I agree tec would be nice

09cobaltss
01-15-2014, 10:06 PM
I understand people can move to a top ten guild but that really doesn't solve the problem. Only 400 people on each platform get anything. That's the issue. Some people don't have the budget for top ten. Others just don't have the armors. Why does everyone think that the only people who spend money in this game are in the top ten guilds? The point is gree is giving no one else any incentive to spend. And trolling them with old boss armors will just make people quit the game. And that's bad business period

Eunuchorn
01-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Gree makes way more money off chests than wars, don't kid yourself. The population flow in the game is hard to grasp from our perspective. My baby alt was #170k on EB leaderboard; I guarantee you 70%+ of those ppl haven't been playing since the 4 dragon BKal event & these bosses are totally new to them. It took me 8 months to get bored of EBs. Gree doesn't give 2 flips if every player in top 10 guild quit tonight.

Xiros
01-15-2014, 11:12 PM
What maybe would be a solution would be have a 6 star armor for top 10 where #1 gets the +.
top 25 a epic+ and top 50 a normal epic. That way the rewards would be spread better so getting top 50 is even a good competition. About the chest thing, personally I stopped buying chests, chances of an epic are low and some people spend more as > $300 total on chests to even try it. especially if they don't have an epic yet they do that. But after getting the first 3 epics most money goes to guild wars since the prizes and epics there are new an a little more powerfull then the current chest epics, although I can't say that about druid.

Eunuchorn
01-15-2014, 11:19 PM
My Arby+ cost 11,000 gems. I won't be buying chests for awhile but that is as much as I've spent across several wars & I know plenty of players who are happy with top 10/25 but drop 5-7k gems for every new epic+

The Pale Rider
01-16-2014, 07:23 AM
My Arby+ cost 11,000 gems. I won't be buying chests for awhile but that is as much as I've spent across several wars & I know plenty of players who are happy with top 10/25 but drop 5-7k gems for every new epic+

According to the iTunes stats K&D is making $12,000 per day on iOS from in-game purchases. There seems to be a lot more spending on iOS than Android, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that the total is less than $24,000. The top 12 guilds are aggregating the highest spenders but don't kid yourself into thinking they represent all or even a majority of the total spend. It's still a numbers game and that 480 is less than .5% of all active players.

Every guild in the top 200 has players who spend money. As do a lot of guilds 200-5000. There are always players spending money in my guild - me among them. We just won't drop enough to crack top 10. But since there are 20 times as many members in the top 200 as there is in the top 10, we only have to spend 5% of what a top 10 member spends on average to equal the same return to GREE.
Clearly we aren't doing it for the rewards. We do it because guilds and guild wars are the only fun part of this game. Everything is else is tedious at this point. But there's a lot of cognitive dissonance about spending money to finish higher in a guild war purely for the sake of it. I can live with that, but most of the players in 15-200 can't. They want a return for the investment that isn't a slap in the face. Frankly, it can be disproportionate to the benefits in Arena or EB. It just can't be so bad that half the guild wants to not particpate in the war.

I am hemmoraging members and have been for awhile. All of them are leaving the game, not guild hopping. Those that stay all report they are staying because they like socializing with guild members. The price of that is particpation in GWs. Making them eat ****ty rewards makes it harder. Basically I'm asking my members to participate very heavily or gem and the only reason is because they like to socialize with each other. Hence my earlier request to GREE that they help me help them.

09cobaltss
01-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Pale that is exactly what I was talking about. If people want to make the argument about not give old epic + fine but that's missing the point of the whole post and focussing on the wrong thing. It almost seems as if people are trying to troll on one thing in my original post instead of viewing the whole picture. And wars/arena pushed gree profits way over 5 million in 30 days. So I would doubt there is more money spent on chests than wars/arena

Mormegil
01-16-2014, 09:52 PM
I think bringing up chest revenue is a little off topic here. It's distracting from the issue and the point of the original post. Like that television commercial, the oldest trick in the book. Looketh over there. Ha! And so endeth the trick. Great now we're looking over there and talking about chest revenue, which wasn't the point originally.

So, forget about Chests. If Gree wants more money, boosting the rewards below top 10 would definitely get them more money. It's bad business for them to continue not recognizing this.

I like the idea of giving more 4* armors as fusion candy.