PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon A, B and maybe even C rewards need to be better.

Sol Invictus
01-13-2014, 11:43 AM
How are you gonna go from a silly EB+ armor that most of us have had for months for Ribbon A, to the newest Epic for Bronze?

There are a lot of guilds that are regular top 25-100 contenders, but the reward is hardly ever, if ever at all, worth the gems and effort.

I know my guild isn't likely to make top 10, but we could take a shot at top 25 if there was incentive. I bet a lot of people feel the same.

At a minimum, Ribbon B (and maybe C) should be a non+ Epic from 2-3 wars ago. Ribbon A should be the + version.

Not only would it give a lot of us a reward worth fighting for, but it would help even the playing field instead of the same 10-12 guilds further and further solidifying their elite status because they always get the newest and best armors.

You know I'm right.

Eunuchorn
01-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Having war armors in this game doesn't make you elite, just prettier.

excidia
01-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Next ribbon reward next war is armor of the wolf. What a crock

Bshappell
01-13-2014, 02:48 PM
No it doesn't.

Theodorus
01-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Already have the Armor of the Wolf+.
Nothing worth fighting for in this war if my guild can't get top 10.

Guess it's going to be the same for future war as well.

bosskiller
01-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Great idea. I think if ribbons were better, there may be more spending from top 50 guilds.

JStarbux
01-13-2014, 04:37 PM
A few thoughts...
1) I think giving better rewards is a good place to start but would not support directly giving away epics for even Ribbon A. I would think "chances" at Epics like keys would be a better model because there has to be some differentiation in the game. If everyone had epics, it wouldn't be exciting to get one.
2) If you give Fusion Chest keys away, you'd have to give some to the top 10 as well since ranks 2-10 without keys means they have no chances at Epic+ armors and 11-25 would have chances. Not sure that would go over so well.
3) If you keep the current rank rewards, you could give point tier rewards to incentivize guilds to accomplish certain amounts. That way you could still obtain an epic if you got say 1.5 million points even though you didn't finish top 10.
4) It is impossible to stop the trend of spending > performance in a game where a company must make money, I get it. But maybe they can show additional statistics that would at least be interesting for the community to see. Like Offensive win % in battles, Defense Win %, Early Sentinel break %, avg. opponent rank, avg. point win margin, etc. Realistically we can't expect everyone to get rewards but there is some satisfaction with performance that can still inspire people to play this game. Maybe you could even have rewards for different stats a bit like EB leaderboard damage too.

firefly333
01-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Baby fire is in a guild that placed 80th in the blitz. Oh boy a armor of a wolf, non plus. Weaker than the regular epic boss armors she has now.

I agree getting a regular armor of the wolf is worse than what I win in the arena for top 1000

Sol Invictus
01-13-2014, 04:52 PM
I think giving better rewards is a good place to start but would not support directly giving away epics for even Ribbon A. I would think "chances" at Epics like keys would be a better model because there has to be some differentiation in the game. If everyone had epics, it wouldn't be exciting to get one.

I like this idea too. Something like...

Black = 6 keys
Gold = 5 keys
Silver = 4 keys
Bronze = 4 keys
Ribbon A = 3 keys
Ribbon B = 3 keys
Ribbon C = 2 keys
Ribbon D = 1 keys
Ribbon E = 1 keys

But the chests can't be Super Rare and above garbage. Has to be along the lines of Legendary and above with a lot, maybe 20-30%, of + versions.

Whatever it is...good odds to get good armor and zero odds of getting junk.

EljayK
01-13-2014, 05:29 PM
I would prefer fusion boost armors over a terrible armor that isn't worth using in the first place.

If you're in a top 25 guild, you probably already have better. I honestly don't think that Tect non-plus would have been a bad top top 25 (or even change the tier to top 15) reward. The problem with the alignment in this game is there is no second tier. You are either in the top ten, spending a lot, or you are garbage, and spending a piddling amount of money to receive effectively no reward at all. There is nothing keeping a top 25 guilder staying and spending. Top 25 guilds are hemorrhaging good players. Some go higher to top 10 guilds, most quit and play brave frontier. I don't blame em.

bosskiller
01-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Should be like arena, he more points, the more rewards.

tshell
01-13-2014, 07:55 PM
i don't see why older epics (or brand new non-boss armors) can't be given as 11-50 rewards. These are already fuseable in the case of lets say blaze or tec, most but not necessarily all members of these guilds have some epics but aren't overstocked and could cover more elements. They are good but not top of the line.

I know based on my guild which has gone top 50, that I am willing to spend more gems for a reward if it will help nearly everyone in the guild, even if I have little to no use for it. If I can use it, even more incentive to spend. I can't be alone here. I would put money on it that during the combustion+ reward war versus the ravenlord+ war, spending among the guilds ranked probably 30-60 was greatly increased.

Xtrips
01-13-2014, 10:18 PM
i don't see why older epics (or brand new non-boss armors) can't be given as 11-50 rewards. These are already fuseable in the case of lets say blaze or tec, most but not necessarily all members of these guilds have some epics but aren't overstocked and could cover more elements. They are good but not top of the line.

I know based on my guild which has gone top 50, that I am willing to spend more gems for a reward if it will help nearly everyone in the guild, even if I have little to no use for it. If I can use it, even more incentive to spend. I can't be alone here. I would put money on it that during the combustion+ reward war versus the ravenlord+ war, spending among the guilds ranked probably 30-60 was greatly increased.

This is the first I think you will see gree not only thinking about money. Getting an Epic is still a big "wow" experience for players. Adding epics to 11-50 would flood the market. Epics to 11-25 would be fine. If the market gets flooded the need to buy chests to get better goes down and so on.

I think for 11-50 they should at minimum add a legendary that has better stats then current eb.

Epics for 11-50 would be nice but I doubt gree will make that mistake.

sxespanky
01-14-2014, 01:32 AM
my guild is sitting this one out. no gems, no activity. we all have armor of the wolves, and there is no way we are getting to the epics. if they are gunna throw these wars out plus a new tournament, plus a new epic boss every week, at least give us something good to work for. the newer epic bosses do have beefier armor now, so i guess that's a plus. i love the new arena - get rewards every X points. i think they need a new model like arena, with the tournaments. other wise it seems pointless to fight for armor we have already crafted months ago, or can craft by running prince's castle for a day. throw a few fusion armors across the board. or just throw alot of snakeskins or whatever for fusing in general.

jon_funzio
01-14-2014, 03:12 AM
An alternative to rewarding lower placed guilds with prizes, could be to reward individuals for X number of wins:

- 50 wins - fusion boost
- 100 wins - two fusion boosts
- 200 wins - five gold keys
- 300 wins - five Dark Prince's keys.
- 400 wins - five "Epic" keys
- 500 wins - ten "Epic" keys. You'd have to be prepared for those epic keys to yield rubbish though...

Realistically, this rewards both the top teams and also those who want to push a little harder from lower ranked teams.

tshell
01-14-2014, 07:24 AM
I didn't say it had to be epics, but at this point that's all that would be worth the investment. If they would rather push out some more new legendaries that would work too. With the boss armor stats now, all the non-boss legendaries have been eclipsed in stats, are easier to get, and easier to level than the epics they are catching up to. Most members in the <50 crowd have a moontide, blaze, or tec already, and they are fuseable anyway. Its not like we are talking about game-breaking rewards. Honestly I would rather get the newest boss armor instead of those older epics at this point, but that would cause some grumbling on here too. Spartan wargear is the only new non-boss legendary in how long? More new armors on par with aegis of the dragon+ (it has already been passed as the best) would be a perfect solution but that would involve more work.

bosskiller
01-14-2014, 07:55 AM
An alternative to rewarding lower placed guilds with prizes, could be to reward individuals for X number of wins:

- 50 wins - fusion boost
- 100 wins - two fusion boosts
- 200 wins - five gold keys
- 300 wins - five Dark Prince's keys.
- 400 wins - five "Epic" keys
- 500 wins - ten "Epic" keys. You'd have to be prepared for those epic keys to yield rubbish though...

Realistically, this rewards both the top teams and also those who want to push a little harder from lower ranked teams.

Kinda skimpy.... Keys don't really yield much. Fusion boosts would be nice, but I think the tiers should be less spread apart.