PDA

View Full Version : Boss event changes... Please Respond

andy2
01-11-2014, 10:59 PM
No other changes have been made to the event. The only change made was the length of the event.

This quote was taken from this post: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?79390-Epic-Boss-Not-Scheduled-for-7-Days/page2.

I am not making this post in an attempt to complain about the current boss event, so please keep this on topic and refrain from unproductive posts such as 'the event is too hard.' I understand that it is Gree's event to run (under the constraints of the law) as they see fit no matter how many people disagree with the way they do it

With that being said I am very curious how an admin can flat out say that the event will not change (besides length) and then change the key component of the event (boss health) so drastically, as it has obviously increased quite a bit. Transparency has been a key point from many customers recently as we feel that there is very little communication from Gree around the events they expect us to spend our money on. So please provide a little clarification as to how this is acceptable. How can we trust the communication we do get when it itself is misleading? Are myself and many others in my faction and whom I have talked to foolish for actually taking the Admin's word literally?

Asto
01-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. If the bosses health was the same as last time, which I expected it would be when seeing GEMH's post, I would've spent my money and gold in attempt to complete the event, but the increase in health is outrageous. Not only have they lied/misled the entire modern war community, they have also made the event virtually impossible to complete without a serious amount of gold- I'm saving my money and gold this time around

Asto
01-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. If the bosses health was the same as last time, which I expected it would be when seeing GEMH's post, I would've spent my money and gold in attempt to complete the event, but the increase in health is outrageous. Not only have they lied/misled the entire modern war community, they have also made the event virtually impossible to complete without a serious amount of gold- I'm saving my money and gold this time around

KingDante!
01-12-2014, 01:08 AM
No offense, but I think it was a bit naive to think that the boss' health would remain the same. The boss' health has consistently changed each event for the last few months.

I'm pretty sure what the mod meant, was that the rules governing the boss event have not changed apart from the number of days you have to complete it.

So, depending on your perception, things have actually stayed the same. Just like all the other boss events, the boss' health will randomly increase lol.

#Reaper
01-12-2014, 01:16 AM
The least thing they could do is inform us of the changes being made. After all, The boss event did include a health change.

Hooligany
01-12-2014, 01:38 AM
I read that as no change in mechanics.
Meaning still it's 100 boss and 300 from day 1 for faction goal n adding 50 extra for a period of 5 days.
It's the same if I was told the LTQ requirements is the same, example 24hr, nps, no building requiremens. But I will never think that the energy requirement is the same.

Dutchie
01-12-2014, 02:55 AM
The least thing they could do is inform us of the changes being made. After all, The boss event did include a health change. I agree with King Dante. The boss health has ALWAYS increased with each occurrence of the event in line with our stats increase. The last boss event was an exception to the rule and I think they just made a mistake with that event. Once released it was too late for them to change it.

SpikeyKit
01-12-2014, 05:17 AM
I agree with King Dante. The boss health has ALWAYS increased with each occurrence of the event in line with our stats increase. The last boss event was an exception to the rule and I think they just made a mistake with that event. Once released it was too late for them to change it.

An increase is fine. But 3 times the strength of a raid boss? I think that is a little extreme

Blodiea
01-12-2014, 07:23 AM
The health of the boss this time around is a little excessive bit they didn't change the event other then taking 2 days of prizes away. My only problem is no matter how strong I get I am at best just doing maintenance.

FromAfar
01-12-2014, 07:32 AM
with stat-flation, you're running to stand still. (to quote some Irish dudes)

i don't recall the post, or who posted it, but a long while back it was said that the boss strength was tied to some formula related to the average player strength in the level range. i don't remember if it was gree person who posted this, or just a regular user, but it does APPEAR to be true.

so, what you can learn from this is:

are my efforts keeping up with stat-flation? if they are not, you need to figure out where you go from there.

remember where you were for this boss, compare to the next. then ask the question.

socomloser
01-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Gree increased the health because the heavy gold users have ridious stats there not spending a lot money so increase the boss so they will they don't care about light gold users and free players if been playing this long enough stat inflation no - matter how it happen will never help u sad very sad

Demo
01-12-2014, 08:18 AM
I agree that we were told nothing would change except the 7 to 5 days. Yes, most of us who have played a little while assume that the boss strength will increase, but that is as assumption following a pattern. That was thrown out the window last event as we noticed there was no increase. Bottom line, no changes means boss health didn't change either, imo.

Perilous
01-12-2014, 08:19 AM
Top factions blow through these things...they have to increase their strength in order to get them to spend...gree's chasing revenue has ruined game for the light to medium spenders... I was about to buy a vault to finish the ani event but then I realized what's the point of wasting my money.

andy2
01-12-2014, 08:21 AM
I realize that it may have been a bit Naive to think that there wouldn't be a hp increase, trust me I fully get that. My main issue is that the increase is larger than normal for it to not be the standard increase and also that they have promised many times to improve their communication. But this is just another example of misleading comments that have confused some members of the community (whether naive or not). We need transparency.

Asto
01-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Boss health is always going to increase, but for the lvl 100 boss to more than double is outrageous.

with stat-flation, you're running to stand still. (to quote some Irish dudes)

i don't recall the post, or who posted it, but a long while back it was said that the boss strength was tied to some formula related to the average player strength in the level range. i don't remember if it was gree person who posted this, or just a regular user, but it does APPEAR to be true.

so, what you can learn from this is:

are my efforts keeping up with stat-flation? if they are not, you need to figure out where you go from there.

remember where you were for this boss, compare to the next. then ask the question.

Although it sounds reasonable, I've gained 1.4mil in stats since the last war, so what do you suggest I do? The only event I have not done well in is the case event because I refuse to spend gold to open at least 5 boxes to get some crappy swords or whatever it is to get 1 medal and the current LTQ because I don't have the unit buildings upgraded to the level they are required at. Even so, I'm probably only missing out on around 300k from these events so unless 90% of the people in my tier gained more than 3 million stats since the last war, how do you suggest I 'keep up with stat inflation'?

Jay02
01-12-2014, 08:52 AM
I realize that it may have been a bit Naive to think that there wouldn't be a hp increase, trust me I fully get that. My main issue is that the increase is larger than normal for it to not be the standard increase and also that they have promised many times to improve their communication. But this is just another example of misleading comments that have confused some members of the community (whether naive or not). We need transparency.

I haven't gotten that far as my faction moves pretty quick, and we have standing orders to stop when the faction goal is met. About the HP increase. Is it much higher than normal, or could it be right on pace of what it should be if we ignore the last one which had a HP decrease?