PDA

View Full Version : Possible solution to EPIC BOSS health?

SHANESTER
01-11-2014, 09:10 AM
I understand the player base is filled with several different sized players with various levels of spending. Gree has the challenge of deciding how and to who they cater each event.

What if they designed the boss health around the normal and prestige concept? Design the first 1-50 bosses around the main player base with the 50 boss delivering a very desirable reward (say half the 100 boss reward). Then blow up the health of the 51-100 bosses like they're doing to cater to the top 500 players.

Otherwise if they keep catering the entire 100 bosses to the stats of the top 500 who are clearly out growing the majority of players at a ridiculous rate. Then how can the majority or the players enjoy the event? Who wants to keep playing an event that they get worse and worse at?

Just an idea. What do you guys think?

aikjones
01-11-2014, 09:22 AM
I understand the player base is filled with several different sized players with various levels of spending. Gree has the challenge of deciding how and to who they cater each event.

What if they designed the boss health around the normal and prestige concept? Design the first 1-50 bosses around the main player base with the 50 boss delivering a very desirable reward (say half the 100 boss reward). Then blow up the health of the 51-100 bosses like they're doing to cater to the top 500 players.

Otherwise if they keep catering the entire 100 bosses to the stats of the top 500 who are clearly out growing the majority of players at a ridiculous rate. Then how can the majority or the players enjoy the event? Who wants to keep playing an event that they get worse and worse at?

Just an idea. What do you guys think?

Well said man.

SpikeyKit
01-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Actually anyone under lvl 50 with huge stats awarded from the FLTQ's and more recent the raid boss can clear lvl 100 too. Problem would be the mid range players who have played for a while. Im in the top boss bracket and was able to get more last boss then i have before. But the health change has stopped me in my tracks.

What we do is play for the daily boost units. We will never get 100 but its better to have something to show for the effort then nothing and fall behind

droffatsto50
01-11-2014, 09:27 AM
What we do is play for the daily boost units. We will never get 100 but its better to have something to show for the effort then nothing and fall behind
Agree, 17k x 5 is a minimum of 85k raw stats, then plus the 5% sea bonus (If you get all 5) and then you have the normal boss prizes with the ground medals. Stats could easily go up 200k, if not more, for players with some of the sea units, especially if you have the marauding war ship from the Thanksgiving LTQ and a couple of the ultimate prizes from previous boss events.

SpikeyKit
01-11-2014, 09:38 AM
A solution to the problem would be put the health back to normal. If my whole faction struggled with a lvl 100 raid boss how would one solo it when its 3x + that hp

SevenO9
01-11-2014, 09:59 AM
I really don't understand your proposal. The boss health already gradually increases from lvl 1 to 100, therefore allowing players at every tier to participate. Of course a very strong player can go further then someone with low stats.

SHANESTER
01-11-2014, 11:05 AM
I really don't understand your proposal. The boss health already gradually increases from lvl 1 to 100, therefore allowing players at every tier to participate. Of course a very strong player can go further then someone with low stats.

I'm addressing the increase in health between events not just between each boss. The inflation seams based on the top gold spenders which grow at a much faster rate then the rest of the players. So even the lower level bosses are growing at a faster rate then the average mw player is growing. In other words most the players in modern war are getting worse at this event and not better.
I'm not opposed to inflation but all the bosses being increased at the rate calculated for the heavy gold players sucks.

Jannski
01-11-2014, 11:59 AM
I like this idea. Or even make the final 10 epic to reward those spending the gold. The gap between average and power players is so huge, thst part of the event would be power players only anyway.

I also like the idea of splitting the 151+ tier up. Made sense when it was 151-200. Now that the level cap raised, it really needs split up.

SpikeyKit
01-11-2014, 12:16 PM
I also like the idea of splitting the 151+ tier up. Made sense when it was 151-200. Now that the level cap raised, it really needs split up.

Bad idea, ill get screwed even more for lvl'in up like an idiot

Jannski
01-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Let me clarify... lower 151 - 200. Don't make it for those who are power players only.

I'm in that boat too on my main Spikey. My mini almost matches my main for stats. Mini is 55. Main is 147. I didn't know how bad leveling was when I started.

SpikeyKit
01-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Lol thats fine but ive crossed the threshold of 200+ so I have no chance. No decent points in WD, only event I had a good chance at was FVF (removed) just gotten to the point I could get 42+ bosses and the event is cut short (fine no biggie) the increased health after been stated "the length was the ONLY change" is the problem.
The solution is put it back how it was :D