PDA

View Full Version : A small program that I want to create ... You will Use it?

Zeus321
01-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Hello everyone.
My name is Daniel, and I amateur programmer.
I love the game, so I want to help the community through a useful tool (according to me).

the program will do:
* You can put your equipment you have in the game, and the program will display the result Fusion (including images and full info of the result, unlike WIKIA where all written text only). So you will not have to manually search results.

* The program automatically updates from WIKIA

* The program will allow users to enter the results of their Fusion. The program will calculate all the available data of all users and display the odds of getting Fusion results.

the progrem is for desktop and Support windows xp~win8

The development will take me some time, so why I have to see if any people are interested in it.

Suggestions are welcome.

Crons222
01-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Love the idea

Join Majestic
01-11-2014, 09:16 AM
sounds good except how do we make sure user input is valid?

Zeus321
01-11-2014, 09:23 AM
sounds good except how do we make sure user input is valid?
you not.
is like wikia..

Join Majestic
01-11-2014, 09:37 AM
you not.
is like wikia..

Yea maybe start off with a table like for example separate tables for each fusable epic (If you do for each fusable armor it would take ages). For example blazeborn vanguard: leg mono except fire and leg mono fire probability~10%. Then like legendary fire air and leg mono probability~8%. And all other leg fire duals with leg mono probabilities...and then leg fire duals with other leg duals...not sure if this would be worth the time but if you do it im sure everyone would use. Good Luck

TheDoctorSB
01-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Sounds like a great idea. WOuld help out people like me that do not know what should go with what when trying to fuze armor. Will save from wasting fusion stones!

Sifu
01-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Something like this?
http://kadc.azurewebsites.net/Fusion

*Note this is not my work. Credit should go to the creator of this page who I have attributed in the Fan Developed Resources thread.

Dianish
01-11-2014, 09:00 PM
I wouldnt.

If you know the elements of the armors you wish to have by fusion then its simple to know which armors to use to get the result. Its still not guaranteed though - The program just makes sure you dont have to think of it your self. I might have missed the point somewhere - But i dont see the upside :)

Reversal
01-11-2014, 09:15 PM
First of all great idea!

I do have one question:

* The program will allow users to enter the results of their Fusion. The program will calculate all the available data of all users and display the odds of getting Fusion results.[/B]

In this quote you state how people are capable of putting in the results of their Fusions done.
How does this exactly work? Will you have a server which stores all of the data so it connects to the client and gives the odds on each result?
Or do you intend to patch the program from time to time?

I'm fairly interested in using this program but there is something that crosses my mind that worries me:
Let's say that you would hypothetically have an automated system that would store ALL entries into your database. In my perspective, it would be impossible that the results would be legit due to the fact that there are people out there giving false entries.

With that pointed out the bottomline basically is that I think it would be good to have a few more details as how you are going to get this program to work because I think it would require some good thinking and fine-tuning before you could bring this out.

However, I do think that IF this program would come out that everyone on the forum would most definitely use it.

Dianish
01-11-2014, 09:18 PM
If you wish to fuse Forgestone Aegis Fire/spirit and you have Infernal and Rocfeather. If there is only 10 armors with any of those element combo's - Then you would have a 10% chance of getting the Forgestone. I dont think a % based on player luck would help much here. It would still be the same odds.

Sifu
01-12-2014, 06:06 AM
If you wish to fuse Forgestone Aegis Fire/spirit and you have Infernal and Rocfeather. If there is only 10 armors with any of those element combo's - Then you would have a 10% chance of getting the Forgestone. I dont think a % based on player luck would help much here. It would still be the same odds.

The only problem with assuming the % that way is that we don't know if the tables are weighted.

They could very well be doing a rarity roll before doing a roll to select the armor; e.g.

4* x 4*

1-80 4*
81-95 3*
96-100 5*

Then after it knows the rarity, do a roll for which armor in that rarity.

We don't know anything about the mechanics of the gambling.

GrumpyGramps
01-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Daniel,

I think it is a great idea, and a good way to "showcase your work" if you ever want to move from an amateur programmer to a professional.

I'm sure you know that this will take a lot of work, and yes, there are some people who would rather do all the thinking for themselves. That being said, I would love to see your work, and I applaud your effort.

GrumpyGramps

Hello everyone.
My name is Daniel, and I amateur programmer.
I love the game, so I want to help the community through a useful tool (according to me).

the program will do:
* You can put your equipment you have in the game, and the program will display the result Fusion (including images and full info of the result, unlike WIKIA where all written text only). So you will not have to manually search results.

* The program automatically updates from WIKIA

* The program will allow users to enter the results of their Fusion. The program will calculate all the available data of all users and display the odds of getting Fusion results.

the progrem is for desktop and Support windows xp~win8

The development will take me some time, so why I have to see if any people are interested in it.

Suggestions are welcome.

Dzermin
01-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Honestly, that site seems to work, thus distributing a desktop application is probably not something viable to do, except for your own sake to have something to code to become a better programmer. That in itself is enough I think; if you're motivated you'll spend hours with the code and learn something. Whether it is useful or not is not a big issue.

knightsanddraggings
01-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Something like this?
http://kadc.azurewebsites.net/Fusion

*Note this is not my work. Credit should go to the creator of this page who I have attributed in the Fan Developed Resources thread.
This needs to have aegis of sky majesty added

Lonestar Light
01-12-2014, 04:53 PM
It's there already

Reversal
01-12-2014, 05:12 PM

Don't go off-topic bro ;)

InspectahDeck
01-17-2014, 05:53 PM
It may be beneficial to contact the guy that made that site and share ideas to speed up the process!