PDA

View Full Version : More Ideas to Bring Back Old LTBs!!!!

The Avenger$
01-10-2014, 07:27 PM
I agree with the Billionaire and other players on another thread, or at least support their idea(s) of bringing back the old LTBs. It could be with respect points OR double or triple what it originally was worth. The upgrades could be 5-10% more expensive. Another way we could improve this idea would be to give prizes for the builds/upgrades, BUT before I start receiving any criticism towards this thread, please finish reading the rest. Let's say they do plan on giving prizes. The goal could be for example, build and upgrade the West Side Fine Gems to level 10 successfully and earn the........
However, the time could be 10 days instead of the original 18 plus days to get level 10. The free players would benefit like myself AND the gold players will ALSO benefit. We free players just want the building. The gold players want the building AND the prizes. Since they would only have 10 days instead of 18, they would have to throw down gold to finish the upgrades. Please guys, no hateful remarks or posts. This is just my idea... My iph is 159k, so I think I know what can help us free players and gold players..... (I'm level 108 btw too......)

My2cents
01-10-2014, 07:36 PM
And what about the players that have already completed the buildings when they were originally released?

The Avenger$
01-10-2014, 07:38 PM
And what about the players that have already completed the buildings when they were originally released?
This could be a secondary option. This isn't a must....
In addition, the super high iph players can upgrade their Nightclubs or other high cost/ lots of time to finish upgrades.

bravo 6 vk
01-10-2014, 07:40 PM
They don't do anything. This helps the ones who missed out on previous LTB's.

bravo 6 vk
01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
the super high iph players can upgrade their Nightclubs or other high cost/ lots of time to finish upgrades.
I can assure that the "super high" iph players already have NC's at 10 :p

PawnXIIX
01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
However, the time could be 10 days instead of the original 18 plus days to get level 10. The free players would benefit like myself AND the gold players will ALSO benefit. We free players just want the building. The gold players want the building AND the prizes. Since they would only have 10 days instead of 18, they would have to throw down gold to finish the upgrades.

I don't agree with this idea. It seems silly to take away the building prizes away from the free players. Trust me, the paying players definitely make more stats from the war than any free player could ever get from the building prizes. Even with the time it can be difficult sometimes for the free players in my opinion to sc**** together the cash required for some of the buildings. I personally never ran out of time trying for 10 which was nice because it gave me time to save up sometimes, but rather the biggest hurdle was the cost. Most of the players who are maxing out their LTBs don't just get there by accident. The irony of this LTB is that despite the low cost is has basically stalled everyone's economic building for about 2 weeks while they upgrade it with nominal gains.

*edit* Thank you forum for auto editing my words.

*edit2* Asking for nobody posting on a public forum is not going to work xD

TZora
01-10-2014, 07:47 PM
i disagree that there should be any rewards for upgrading/completing the old LTBs .. will be unfair to all those who spent gold for those weapons. but that's just my opinion .. the best way to go would be, gree should release 2 LTBs .. one old and one new. no goals with the old LTB but the new LTB with goals.

The Avenger$
01-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I don't agree with this idea. It seems silly to take away the building prizes away from the free players. Trust me, the paying players definitely make more stats from the war than any free player could ever get from the building prizes. Even with the time it can be difficult sometimes for the free players in my opinion to sc**** together the cash required for some of the buildings. I personally never ran out of time trying for 10 which was nice because it gave me time to save up sometimes, but rather the biggest hurdle was the cost. Most of the players who are maxing out their LTBs don't just get there by accident. The irony of this LTB is that despite the low cost is has basically stalled everyone's economic building for about 2 weeks while they upgrade it with nominal gains.

*edit* Thank you forum for auto editing my words.

*edit2* Asking for nobody posting on a public forum is not going to work xD
Ok. How else can we convince Gree to bring back old LTBs???? I clearly stated to not criticize.....
This is my idea and if the gold players get super strong throughout upgrading phases, oh well. They are wasting their money for a reason. The free players can get to like 4/10 like myself.

The Avenger$
01-10-2014, 07:50 PM
I can assure that the "super high" iph players already have NC's at 10 :p
I can assure you that not all of them have level 10 WSFG, TRANSTECH, NIS

bravo 6 vk
01-10-2014, 07:50 PM
i disagree that there should be any rewards for upgrading/completing the old LTBs .. will be unfair to all those who spent gold for those weapons. but that's just my opinion .. the best way to go would be, gree should release 2 LTBs .. one old and one new. no goals with the old LTB but the new LTB with goals.

Exaaaaaaaaactly!

bravo 6 vk
01-10-2014, 07:51 PM
No need any prizes for the old ones, just put it again so the ones who missed it can buy it again. :)

The Avenger$
01-10-2014, 07:52 PM
That's a great idea.

PawnXIIX
01-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Ok. How else can we convince Gree to bring back old LTBs???? I clearly stated to not criticize.....
This is my idea and if the gold players get super strong throughout upgrading phases, oh well. They are wasting their money for a reason. The free players can get to like 4/10 like myself.

That wasn't so much a criticism so much as an opinion. I think I misunderstand what is trying to be expressed here, are you saying you want to bring back motivation to upgrade the old LTBs or you're saying you want them to re-release them again?

I don't spend gold on the buildings and I made a few to 10. The relative strength of the buildings gain is small compared to other events not to mention to war where millions are gained. Most of my income, which isn't that much, was all constructed for free - it just depended on when you started I suppose.

The Avenger$
01-10-2014, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=PawnXIIX;1150869]That wasn't so much a criticism so much as an opinion. I think I misunderstand what is trying to be expressed here, are you saying you want to bring back motivation to upgrade the old LTBs or you're saying you want them to re-release them again?

The purpose is to bring back previous LTBs

PawnXIIX
01-10-2014, 08:02 PM
The purpose is to bring back previous LTBs

Okay, I thought you meant the super high cost 8B+ buildings like the original ones to get to 10. I don't personally find a use in that but maybe it would be interesting. I built 2 of every one I planned to keep because I wasn't sure if they would ever consider such a possibility :D I mean it does contradict the very name of the building itself, Limited Time Buildings. The other point I'd have to raise is that they are all Type B buildings which are only good for established economies which depend on high payout, long term periods, and long ROI as opposed to Type A.

Again, just me personally. I'm too used to looking at the game in a statistical way :p

The Avenger$
01-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Pawn read what The Billionaire posted on the other thread. He said the LT part of LTBS was to upgrade to get prizes.... Not to own the building.

PawnXIIX
01-10-2014, 08:09 PM
So what do i do if i have 2 of them already though? Do the event start from where I currently have my building?

The Avenger$
01-10-2014, 08:16 PM
So what do i do if i have 2 of them already though? Do the event start from where I currently have my building?
Another cc forum member posted on this thread with a remarkable idea. They can release 1 old LTBS and 1 new one

bravo 6 vk
01-10-2014, 08:16 PM

Na, no event, just the old LTB.

Travers
01-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Come on Gree, you know we all want past LTBs, why not just give it to us?

Zendfrim
01-10-2014, 10:01 PM
This might make a lot of folks unhappy but here is my take: gree needs to reward folks that build their hood up large in huge ways. Income can still be valuable and is still valuable. Defense needs to be tied to income. If there are going to be two LTBs, then they should be one for low income folks and one for high income folks. I am still waiting for a nice LTB that surpasses the nightclub. Defense should be bolstered by a factor of income. It should be harder to take from those with more to take. You rob for money, you attack most times for money. It's still at the heart of the game. High income folks need more rewards and payouts worthy of their time.

You folks at gree need to put in more 24 and 48 hour LTBs. I don't know why I waste my time saying this crap. You'll never do any of this. Your game is so far past FUBAR that you'll be lucky if it lasts another year.

TZora
01-10-2014, 10:53 PM
agree with zendfrim .. there should be benefit to players for building up their IPH .. right now, the only benefit high iph players get is more cash when they buy trucks/vaults of cash. but that's useless, don't think too many ppl buy ingame cash anyway.

i see at least 95% players with CRAP iph in the higher levels because there is no benefit of building high iph anyway, why should they even bother building any money buildings at all?

around my level (lvl 227), only 3 or 4 players have a considerable iph .. most of them are around 1 mil iph or lower. where's the fun gree? i have 100 stamina and most of the times i consume all of my stamina giving one hit to each rival and if i'm darn lucky, i find one or two rivals with 5+ mil iph.

it is pathetic that more than 95% players have just lvl 1 buildings .. pathetic!

FlyMeMoon
01-11-2014, 12:50 AM
My iph is 159k, so I think I know what can help us free players and gold players..... (I'm level 108 btw too......)

If your iph is 159k its because you haven't invested any time and effort in your money buildings. That was your choice and a component of the game which you clearly chose to ignore. Now its seems you and a few others want an easy (some might say lazy) way in which to build your iph while its too bad for the rest of us who put in the hours.

bravo 6 vk
01-11-2014, 12:53 AM
i am at 1.2 million iph, i have invested a lot of time on my buildings and hood, but i missed the first few ltb's. So i just want em back, atleast the pagoda and gems....

Mirmur
01-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Good idea.
Even if they won't do that, I wish for a ltb that's worth building. For ex., the padoga is good payment AND small.

The Billionaire
01-11-2014, 01:29 AM
I do agree that the old LTB's should be put back into circulation at some point but no way should any prizes be offered and they should be a lot more costly than they were the first time round otherwise it defeats the object of having a limited time challenge.

Respect Points are pretty much dead in this game for the majority of players and anyone who does spend RP will only be getting a tiny stat increase. This is a great way for Gree to give RP some kind of value again.

If i worked for Gree this is what i would implement:

3 months after the LTB challenge has finished the building appears in the store again for good.

No prizes offered whatsoever, just the chance for those who missed out on it the first time round to have the building.

However the price of the building is much more costly. It either costs a huge amount of RP or is at least 3 times the value of the original cost. The upgrade values remain the same because they're pretty costly as it is.

I think this would benefit the game because if they could only be purchased with RP then this would drive players to fight and rob more which is one of the main areas of the game.

Having these buildings back in circulation would also increase IPH across the game and make hoods a lot more appealling to rob. I spend ages hood hopping to either find the good buildings have already been robbed or loads of hoods with terrible IPH's.

The LTB's are all about the prizes for the high IPH players, i'd much rather see other players having the chance to increase their IPH so there's more for me to rob :p otherwise it's just a case of the rich get richer when an LTB is released.

Also these buildings being put back in circulation will drive low to medium IPH hoods to work on their IPH because they'll be seen as prestige buildings like the NC's were too many of us a very long time ago.

Definitely something you should think about Gree, it's only going to benefit the game.

I can assure you that not all of them have level 10 WSFG, TRANSTECH, NIS

I'm almost there, only 5 more dockside mill upgrades to go and then i'll have every LTB building at level 10 :D

I am still waiting for a nice LTB that surpasses the nightclub.

You folks at gree need to put in more 24 and 48 hour LTBs. I don't know why I waste my time saying this crap. You'll never do any of this. Your game is so far past FUBAR that you'll be lucky if it lasts another year.

I agree with the above comments from Zen, I'm also waiting for that building that is better than the NC. This would be one way to reward those who have done a good job with their IPH and give those who haven't more to strive for.

And you do need to get more 24's and 48's into circulation. Quit faffing around with 11 and 13 hour collections. As they're the only buildings on that collection schedule i haven't even bothered setting up a timer for them. I'd rather leave them for Lupo to rob, at least that way i get a link to his hood ;)

Travers
01-11-2014, 07:28 AM
I have 6 million IPH with no LTBs previous of Big top Burlesque. I need something to invest my money in, these past few LTBs (Besides the Sleigh Bells) have been to easy. I have invested a lot of time robbing and collecting from my smaller buildings to get and upgrade NCs. But now there is nothing to even upgrade any more. I also agree with Billionaire. A lot more people will rob if LTBs get released. Too many people have next to nothing when it comes to IPH and I have to search endlessly to find someone to rob.

TMI
01-11-2014, 08:14 AM
lol if they bring back the prizes of the old LTBs like the pagoda. Who cares really? the final prize is the same as the second upgrade of the current LTB lol

Stats inflation. I wonder how much gold was used to upgrade to 10 for these prizes?! :(

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?53902-Pagoda-Pandamonium&p=746430&viewfull=1#post746430

tom73
01-11-2014, 08:20 AM
I'm of the opinion that if you snooze, you lose. LTBs are a way of rewarding long-time/high IPH players. They are one of the few events that cater towards long-time players (as building a high IPH takes a long time), whereas most events give the advantage to newer players--as CJ54 said, "so that newer players can get to the 'competitive game' quicker"-- e.g. much easier bosses (brand new player can beat L100 boss free), much better IP in war, etc. I don't believe new players need to be able to dominate every event. And as LTBs are typically far better quality buildings, the LTBs have a cumulative effect to keep boosting IPH and keep making LTB events easier to complete.

This. .........

the schwayzz
01-11-2014, 08:34 AM
LOL this was my idea a ever since i started crime city again. I even messaged GREE about it, and they thought it was a good idea

FlyMeMoon
01-11-2014, 09:22 AM
If they do bring them back then there has to be a concession for current owners like giving them an extra one so if they have 1, they can have 2 or if they have 2, they can have 3.

Also, they should get it for free and at level 5 at least. :p

The previous sentence was a joke but you need to throw a bone to current owners if you are going to entertain this idea.

DoubleR7
01-11-2014, 10:00 AM
How about random previous LTBs are available at random times for just 1 hour at a time. One player might be lucky enough to get a pagoda at 5:15, while the next gets a NIS. The LTB will be available for only one hour and you only get an LTB once per day. This should only last for 5 days like an LTQ.

Thoughts?

The Avenger$
01-11-2014, 10:17 AM
If your iph is 159k its because you haven't invested any time and effort in your money buildings. That was your choice and a component of the game which you clearly chose to ignore. Now its seems you and a few others want an easy (some might say lazy) way in which to build your iph while its too bad for the rest of us who put in the hours.
I correct you FlyMeMoon. I have played this game every single day since early July.... I used to do lots of the old LTQs and that's why I am level 108. My iph may be low for my level, but that isn't my fault because I never got the good prizes on the scratcher. There's players who hit a million often. I have only hit a million like 3 times after all these months! 3! I always used to get robbed because I was weak. Now I'm way stronger because of the stat inflation and I can upgrade my good buildings. Loft, theater, rock cafe.. Etc.

djonny88
01-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Just make it respect points requiring all other idea i dont like

OMG
01-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Watch them come back as gold buildings...

Can't expect more than that lol

Rodimus
01-11-2014, 02:55 PM

I concur with this comment.

Mr. R
01-11-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm of the opinion that if you snooze, you lose. LTBs are a way of rewarding long-time/high IPH players. They are one of the few events that cater towards long-time players (as building a high IPH takes a long time), whereas most events give the advantage to newer players--as CJ54 said, "so that newer players can get to the 'competitive game' quicker"-- e.g. much easier bosses (brand new player can beat L100 boss free), much better IP in war, etc. I don't believe new players need to be able to dominate every event. And as LTBs are typically far better quality buildings, the LTBs have a cumulative effect to keep boosting IPH and keep making LTB events easier to complete.

Well said!

Munch on it
01-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Everyone remember what LTB means? LIMITED TIME BUILD. I missed out on the west side gem store which I wish I did get now instead of skipping it, but that's my fault for not buying them. They are limited time builds and should stay that way and never come back after they have been used once.

Zendfrim
01-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Everyone remember what LTB means? LIMITED TIME BUILD. I missed out on the west side gem store which I wish I did get now instead of skipping it, but that's my fault for not buying them. They are limited time builds and should stay that way and never come back after they have been used once.

Don't worry. Gree agrees with you.

djonny88
01-12-2014, 01:38 AM

Yup thos is right

Munch on it
01-12-2014, 01:51 AM
Don't worry. Gree agrees with you.

So they should : )

My2cents
01-12-2014, 03:32 AM

Just like the original LTBs. Gingerbread House through the Frosties. It's kind of a status symbol on how long you've played. Yet status symbols mean nothing in this game so I'm okay with bringing them back, but without weapons as prizes.