PDA

View Full Version : Concrete...

A R T S
01-10-2014, 02:23 PM
This is a general question....
Does anyone know of a better way to obtain concrete other than attacking the body? I've read a hella back forum post and cant find anything."you know how snow patrol gave boxes" just wondering if somewhere in the maps you'de be able to get concrete?

Blade of 3
01-10-2014, 02:41 PM
You get concrete for finishing some LTQ missions and I still think they give it out as a random prize for crate events. Haven't done one in a while so I'm not sure if they have updated it since.

Luuzer
01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
only attacking or ltq rewards

Systematrix
01-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Is it just me or has the concrete drop rate changed? I can't get concrete to save my life these days.

Luuzer
01-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Is it just me or has the concrete drop rate changed? I can't get concrete to save my life these days.

concrete drop rate is VERY bad compared to the beginning days :(

Viscount Bell
01-14-2014, 07:16 AM
more successful attacking in obtaining concrete than doing mission, I always (personally) refrain from attacking 1 person repeatedly I just hit them twice or thrice and move on, it usually yields concrete and units.

Luuzer
01-16-2014, 11:48 AM
more successful attacking in obtaining concrete than doing mission, I always (personally) refrain from attacking 1 person repeatedly I just hit them twice or thrice and move on, it usually yields concrete and units.

still droprate is very bad compared to many months ago :(

CC1
01-23-2014, 01:29 PM
concrete drop rate is VERY bad compared to the beginning days :(

aGreeD. Gree has progressively tightened the noose to see at what point it kills their business. The evidence is in every single event and every modification they release. Though advertised in the App Store as "free to play", I think we all know this is deceptive marketing at its best. They want to get you in, get you hooked, then milk you for all your worth. If you don't have the disposable income or self-control to limit your spending, it's not their problem. It's yours. You can't blame a for-profit business for trying to maximize profits. For companies in which I'm an investor/sharholder, I expect nothing less from the management I pay for. So get over that.

There are two ends of the spectrum for business models to maximize profits. 1) Your product is very high-end and necessarily high cost (very labor intensive, very custom and only affordable by a select few ex. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti etc) . Or 2) Mass produced with efficiency which makes it available to a huge number of consumers (ex. Ford, GM, Toyota etc.). Where does MW lie in the spectrum? I don't know without seeing their detailed books. But judging from their public financial disclosures and customer volume, I'd guess the latter.

The question then becomes, will Gree drive MW into the ground? Will they get too greedy and run their core consumers off? Will they be around in the future to use the gold we already purchased? Or, are all the units you paid for going to be worthless because they close the franchise and there is no game to play? I don't know. But the risk has risen to the point that I won't spend anymore of my hard-earned money on such a gamble. Just my 2 cents. That plus 23 cents will buy you a pack of gum.

Flidai
01-23-2014, 04:30 PM
What do you think... Is Gree trying to get us to the point we will be willing to spend gold to get concrete? Seems like we are headed that way, especially when they see how much you all are willing to spend on concrete bricks. I'm shaking my head here... Crazy!

Kilrae
01-23-2014, 08:31 PM
@CC1 - i wish a pack of gum was still that cheap

im sure concrete will eventually be able to be purchased using gold/in the store. There was a glimmer of hope when the concrete was available from box events at 10 concrete per successful open (when concrete was the prize), but now that has even been removed (or I have terrible luck). However with the decreased drop rates and the level 15 walls some will spend the extra cash to have the highest level walls.

CC1
01-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Question - are walls even necessary? My personal, anecdotal, experience is it costs me 100xp per brick. For our typical 21 level 8 walls, the team as a whole gains 150,000xp. Given that MW is one of the few games (the only one I play) that penalizes you for leveling up, is it even worth having a wall?

Walls do add some depth to game-play but with drop rates being so poor, maybe it needs to be flattened. Purchasing concrete with team funds may be an acceptable alternative if reasonably priced. But, if they make concrete a gold purchase, our decision is simple.

Any advice?

Spetsnaz
01-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Well I wish to buy bricks. Who wants to sell them to me for in-game cash???

I Will Merc You
01-25-2014, 01:23 PM
There is a concrete drop rate?? Lol

First determine the purpose of concrete: Fortifications for war. Now determine if the fortifications will make or break your faction experience during war.

The amount of concrete that we use to fortify our faction in war has absolutely zero impact on the millions of WDP we score during war.

The moral of this story: score your points....worry not about the legos. :)

Spetsnaz
01-27-2014, 01:06 PM
There is a concrete drop rate?? Lol

First determine the purpose of concrete: Fortifications for war. Now determine if the fortifications will make or break your faction experience during war.

The amount of concrete that we use to fortify our faction in war has absolutely zero impact on the millions of WDP we score during war.

The moral of this story: score your points....worry not about the legos. :)
And what about the factions that are going for win streaks? Those factions could gain a lot from having good walls.

I Will Merc You
01-27-2014, 01:16 PM
And what about the factions that are going for win streaks? Those factions could gain a lot from having good walls.

Very true Spets...... No doubt that streak factions would benefit from strong fortifications :)

MaverickINsc
01-27-2014, 01:17 PM

win streak factions are the only ones who benefit. We dropped walls from the strategy and gained a ton of points overall from defensive wins while opposing teams scouted....I know I had 50 just on my avatar....if its just overall points not worried about wins you can save your concrete and all your money on walls for bonuses

sarge -TBOTRH
01-27-2014, 02:18 PM
bump to the top

U Mad?
01-27-2014, 03:35 PM
126 attacks I just finished 1 brick! Wtf I cant nor will I keep them numbers going. If not for my faction all but demanding walls I would say to hell with them. But now I a, stuck trying to buy them how many have I bought in the last 3 days chasing them you ask??? ZERO I offer to buy them 10 at a time still no takes this is lame greedy sycks more money then all they want is even more money. I got my 50k bonus gold coming this month but if they dont start fixing this may be my last month.

I Will Merc You
01-27-2014, 03:42 PM
126 attacks I just finished 1 brick! Wtf I cant nor will I keep them numbers going. If not for my faction all but demanding walls I would say to hell with them. But now I a, stuck trying to buy them how many have I bought in the last 3 days chasing them you ask??? ZERO I offer to buy them 10 at a time still no takes this is lame greedy sycks more money then all they want is even more money. I got my 50k bonus gold coming this month but if they dont start fixing this may be my last month.

....ever considered moving to a faction that doesn't demand walls? Not just any faction...a perennial top-25 faction.

PM me if interested. It would be a shame for a player like you to go to waste due to silly cement expectations :)