PDA

View Full Version : arena misses

honeypot
01-10-2014, 09:07 AM
when the new arena came out, I griped about there being a handicap for the attacker in the form of misses.

now that it has been out for awhile does anyone agree that the attacker misses far more than the defending party?

Xtrips
01-10-2014, 10:47 AM
I think its more likely that you remember your misses better then the opponents because when you miss it will often end with a loss and a lost winning streak. I have no problem with the misses, i have more problem with the matchmaking.

bosskiller
01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
There has been a few threads opened about this, it is definitely true. A lot of my guildmates have missed up to 4 times in one match. I have studied this a little, and opponents definitely miss a lot less then the attacker.

@Xtrips: The matchmaking is not great either, but it isn't horrible. I generally go for the lowest ranked, but that doesn't always matter. I'm glad they added the feature that shows their guild, that helps me a lot in choosing who I will fight.

Xtrips
01-10-2014, 11:00 AM
There has been a few threads opened about this, it is definitely true. A lot of my guildmates have missed up to 4 times in one match. I have studied this a little, and opponents definitely miss a lot less then the attacker.

@Xtrips: The matchmaking is not great either, but it isn't horrible. I generally go for the lowest ranked, but that doesn't always matter. I'm glad they added the feature that shows their guild, that helps me a lot in choosing who I will fight.

There might be a problem with misses or it might be rng. Without a gree statement or someone actually putting up some big tests I accept it.

What i dislike in the matchmaking is that when you reach over 12+ streak I usually get someone with three highly lvld epics or someone with eb+ and is clearly picked because of elemental advantage so I will loose. I only spend gems in arena one time per arena, thats for reaching last milestone reachabke for me before arena is over and that means 10 gems.

bosskiller
01-10-2014, 11:12 AM
There might be a problem with misses or it might be rng. Without a gree statement or someone actually putting up some big tests I accept it.

What i dislike in the matchmaking is that when you reach over 12+ streak I usually get someone with three highly lvld epics or someone with eb+ and is clearly picked because of elemental advantage so I will loose. I only spend gems in arena one time per arena, thats for reaching last milestone reachabke for me before arena is over and that means 10 gems.

Lol. I know what you mean. One time I was fighting my arena and waiting for streak timer. I reached a milestone that gave me 5 more energy. I actually managed to get up to 17 wins. And I thought, "Do I want to buy gems and get to that 20 streak?" And then, "Don't do it. The second you spend gems, you will lose." But, against my better judgement, I bought those gems. And whaddya know, I instantly went out and lost! Lol. Not sure what the incentive is to buy gems for streaks in that case, but all I know is I won't be doing that again!

Xtrips
01-10-2014, 12:56 PM

I tested twice. Works very well always choosing lowest ranked. Will keep testing to keep getting 9 streaks

bosskiller
01-10-2014, 01:18 PM
I tested twice. Works very well always choosing lowest ranked. Will keep testing to keep getting 9 streaks

Yep, it works pretty well. Keep an eye on which guild they are in as well.

Dianish
01-10-2014, 09:11 PM
The misses are starting to annoy me more than i previously stated in earlier threads. Reason? Blazeborn are starting to cut through my maelstroms in arena. 1x Non+ Mael, 1x Mael+ and 1 beastmaster. Also tryed it with Devoted that cut through my armors.

Also, the opponent do miss alot to. But not near as much. Its about 2/5 ish for the my opponents. Some fight have no misses and other have 5-6 of them.

Sarah 101
01-11-2014, 01:09 AM
^^ no comment p:

Reversal
01-11-2014, 02:51 AM
Quick question:

Do you guys/girls actually know what the chance is to miss an attack?
I personally feel it's round about 10-20%ish.

Zeus321
01-11-2014, 04:53 AM
Quick question:

Do you guys/girls actually know what the chance is to miss an attack?
I personally feel it's round about 10-20%ish.
i think gree keep it in scrret

Otis
01-11-2014, 08:40 AM
My roommate and I calculated each others misses. On average he misses 0.5 times a fight; I was missing 1.75 times a fight (Both calculated with 100 fights both fighting friends and in the arena).

Join Majestic
01-11-2014, 09:18 AM
seems like whenever they miss i miss too right after or vice versa

TheDoctorSB
01-11-2014, 10:20 AM
One of my guildmates in this current war missed 5 times in a roll. I also see the defender hit more crits and miss a lot less. In one 5 energy arena I totalled my misses to their misses and it was that I missed 9 times to everyone I fought only missed 2 times. I should start keeping track for like a week worth of fights and see what my findings are.

Sarah 101
01-12-2014, 04:30 AM
^^
I got 10 point ..so "miss hits "for all
people's lie about miss hits in war
Energy par give you 4 attacks so just find someone with weak armors or attack the gate
If that against your ego join low rank guilds .

Reversal
01-12-2014, 05:26 AM
When I get the free time I will do around 10 runs of 100 strikes without Special Attacks to see how much we'll hit or miss.
I believe that after that we'll be safe to assume the percentage of missing or hitting.