PDA

View Full Version : Event times messed up - admin response required please

SpikeyKit
01-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Not to doubt the tech guys. Who have a good laugh but I have a serious problem regarding the current LTQ and what i've read on the upcoming boss event.

1st - current ltq. Ends tomorrow according to the event line up. But the timer shows 1 day 19 hours (ish)... Which one is it? I have members wanting to know if they they will get the final unit or should the break out some gold.

2nd - Epic Boss. I've just read and posted in the other topic but decided that it needs addressing directly. Everyone seems to agree its 5 days 10th - 14th. Even the admins have said that. I count 86 hours over 24 hours is only 4 whole days. If this is correct how do we win the 5 days for the unit or has this been changed?

Sorry not wanting to cause problems on the forums but I feel like this does need addressing urgently.

Thanks

Thief
01-09-2014, 04:26 PM
I can't comment on the first one (I generally go by the timer over the calendar)

I generally just don't pay that close attention to the calendars honestly.

SpikeyKit
01-09-2014, 04:39 PM
In an effort not to overlap events, the event has been scheduled for 5 days. In order to receive the event wrapper prize, the daily faction goal will have to be completed each day for a total of 5 days.

I dont normally pay attention to times. But since my faction have brought it up
And i read the aforementioned quote I have some concerns, which is understandable i hope

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-09-2014, 04:55 PM
If the dates are correct 10th - 14th, wouldn't it depend on the starting and ending times.

Potentially there are 5 x 24 hour periods.

However if it starts and finishes at midday local time then there would be 3 x 24 hours and 2 x 12 hours. Potentially far less payable time for those in significantly different time zones although I haven't bothered working that out.

SpikeyKit
01-09-2014, 05:01 PM
If the dates are correct 10th - 14th, wouldn't it depend on the starting and ending times.

Potentially there are 5 x 24 hour periods.

However if it starts and finishes at midday local time then there would be 3 x 24 hours and 2 x 12 hours. Potentially far less payable time for those in significantly different time zones although I haven't bothered working that out.

So either way 4 days. Really.

I just noticed the event schedule has been fixed and the boss date is now the 10th - 15th. Ill take that as fixed now. Thank you for sorting this out.

aBigDek
01-09-2014, 05:49 PM
We need clarification on the end time for the current LTQ. 24hrs makes a big difference on what gold is required to finish. I have several on my team asking what they should do.

Tncatfan
01-09-2014, 08:30 PM
My calendar says 1/10 - 1/15, 5 days!

CJ54
01-09-2014, 11:03 PM
I'll check with the devs, the timer info may have been entered incorrectly. I'll also get confirmation on the boss, but I am pretty sure it is five days.

lemonhaze
01-09-2014, 11:33 PM
I'll check with the devs, the timer info may have been entered incorrectly. I'll also get confirmation on the boss, but I am pretty sure it is five days. 5 days to do 100 boss? that will be all fine and dandy as long as u let the boss kills contiune back to back

Master Jeigh
01-10-2014, 01:49 AM
When does Noble Prestige end? The War Clock says it ends the 10th, but the Noble Cause tab says 1 day, 10 hours and 14 minutes...which takes it into the 11th

HUGE difference please let us know ASAP as one option is only over 10 hours left!!

I know you are checking with the developers...but its not like there is a lot of time to stand around waiting, and I don't want to burn gold for nothing just to find I have 24 more hours (or could that be the whole idea....?)

SpikeyKit
01-10-2014, 03:34 AM
I'll check with the devs, the timer info may have been entered incorrectly. I'll also get confirmation on the boss, but I am pretty sure it is five days.

Thanx CJ, they fixed the days for the boss so that its 5 now.

Good to see alot more communication happening here

Dansgek
01-10-2014, 03:48 AM
Any news about it, because i'm looking at it to be more than a day. Because of planning it is hard for me to get online the last hours today (if it will end today).

SpikeyKit
01-10-2014, 03:59 AM
Any news about it, because i'm looking at it to be more than a day. Because of planning it is hard for me to get online the last hours today (if it will end today).

Nothing yet. Hoping we find out in the next 2 hours

chuck_norris
01-10-2014, 04:37 AM
so is the boss event still going to start today ??

SpikeyKit
01-10-2014, 04:44 AM
so is the boss event still going to start today ??

That would be correct. With the 2 year event starting tomorrow.

chuck_norris
01-10-2014, 05:35 AM
thx for the info bud!

Eyemdakiller
01-10-2014, 05:53 AM
Can we get a clear answer soon please....

CC1
01-10-2014, 06:00 AM
Gree, CJ, can we please get an answer soon?

Lancerdually
01-10-2014, 06:32 AM
This is why I am not spending gold on any events until Gree clears things up........ used it for LTQ mission in Cuba and ended up losing out because of timer issues.
A straight answer please, not calling anyone OUT, just give answers so we know what we have left to do something in

CC1
01-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Bump to top...

Heeeellllooo is this thing on (taps on microphone)

An answer would be helpful.

chuck_norris
01-10-2014, 07:25 AM
nah there just seeing how much gold is being spent as of now...if people dump a load of gold now they will just end it today...or if not they will push it to tomorow....

penguinwss
01-10-2014, 07:34 AM
I Would hope that if they screw up that big they would be nice and go by the timer i did all my figuring by timer which still will cost me 500 gold to finish which is acceptable by me.

Lancerdually
01-10-2014, 08:36 AM
I keep trying to give this game the benefit of the doubt and usually am not one to talk of quitting, but this could be the end, if this happens like i expect and they end it today device will most like be smashed against nearest wall and my life will start again......

thundarr
01-10-2014, 09:00 AM
3 hours to go and no response yet. This is cutting it a bit close. The players going for the all the medals in the Cycle: Warpath to Chile must be getting antsy.

Asto
01-10-2014, 09:01 AM
I will be very annoyed as will a lot of people if the LTQ ends tonight. I've paced myself nicely and now I'm starting to panic

SpikeyKit
01-10-2014, 09:09 AM
If it ends today I wouldn't be surprised. It was only down for 2 days. An extra day would be great.

Though its certainly no reason to get angry, everyone who checked the schedule read 2 days and no one questioned the timer when it started.

My team has been looking at it and hoping it is 3 days but we are all prepared for it to end today.

If we dont get an answer we will all know soon enough. But id like to think its gonna last another day due to the timer. Gree are undoubtedly aware people will kick up if it ends today.

CC1
01-10-2014, 09:36 AM

CJ, come on man, your response is over 10hrs old. What's the deal?

2000y2k
01-10-2014, 09:53 AM
About 2 hours left or is it 26 hours? Don't want to blow gold if it's not needed but would hate to miss out on the units too. Can you just let everyone know when the event ends please?

Duckman
01-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Agree, clarification needed. Bump, Bump! If this event gets pulled early it will cause many to walk away.

Asto
01-10-2014, 10:09 AM
How hard is it to find out what time the event actually finishes, change it in game and then post it on here!? 11 hours later and everyone is still left in the dark- communication definitely needs to be improved

CJ54
01-10-2014, 10:12 AM
CJ, come on man, your response is over 10hrs old. What's the deal?

The team's checking it our right now.

2000y2k
01-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Hope it's soon and hope it does not end in less than 2 hours. Either way just let is know ASAP. Thanks!

lemonhaze
01-10-2014, 10:17 AM
I keep trying to give this game the benefit of the doubt and usually am not one to talk of quitting, but this could be the end, if this happens like i expect and they end it today device will most like be smashed against nearest wall and my life will start again...... lol u need a intervention

Punk604
01-10-2014, 10:18 AM
It won't be fair to all of us if they end it today CJ. We have asked for clarification well in advance.

hood1976
01-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Looking in to something is one thing. Knowing that the date says one thing and the countdown clock indicates something else, isn't that something you can just call someone real quick and get an answer? Not try and figure out where the mistake was made. Just tell us if it is going to end today or tomorrow.

lemonhaze
01-10-2014, 10:43 AM
i have been sitting here with full energy all morning..im just calling it off got my 2 ground medals wont attempt to get the 3rd bc as soon as i hit refill it will end..i will just save my lvl up and gold for the 24hr event or boss

hood1976
01-10-2014, 10:46 AM
i have been sitting here with full energy all morning..im just calling it off got my 2 ground medals wont attempt to get the 3rd bc as soon as i hit refill it will end..i will just save my lvl up and gold for the 24hr event or boss
How far had you got in the event?

Ghost-12
01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
The team's checking it our right now.

used 800+ gold to finished it! (didnt want to take the risk of missing out the last unit)

Tony M
01-10-2014, 10:51 AM
This would be the last straw for many players if they end it without proper notice. The calendar is frequently wrong.

2000y2k
01-10-2014, 10:57 AM
used 800+ gold to finished it! (didnt want to take the risk of missing out the last unit)

You make Gree very happy. I'm about to do the same but only with 100 gold to finish 13/15.

Stacey
01-10-2014, 11:00 AM
This will absolutly do it for me if it ends at noon today. Too many times GREE has done this. Lead you on so that you think you can finish the event and then suddenly things are not as they appear to be. This is exactly what they want you to do is find out you cannot finish the event without a massive gold purchase. They have had far too long to respond.

SGT Blakerz
01-10-2014, 11:01 AM

Maybe I am reading too much into it. But, stating that the timer info may have been entered incorrectly, to me, would mean that the calendar is correct. Hopefully for everyones sake, that is not the case.

2000y2k
01-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Maybe I am reading too much into it. But, stating that the timer info may have been entered incorrectly, to me, would mean that the calendar is correct. Hopefully for everyones sake, that is not the case.

That's my take too that the event will end in an hour. Well if we do not get a response soon we will all know within an hour one way or another.

Ghost-12
01-10-2014, 11:05 AM
You make Gree very happy. I'm about to do the same but only with 100 gold to finish 13/15.
I was sitting on 13/15 this morning, but with all these comments waiting for resolution i decided not to wait until the last minute and see the event banish from intel section.

SpikeyKit
01-10-2014, 11:08 AM
This will absolutly do it for me if it ends at noon today. Too many times GREE has done this. Lead you on so that you think you can finish the event and then suddenly things are not as they appear to be. This is exactly what they want you to do is find out you cannot finish the event without a massive gold purchase. They have had far too long to respond.

If the event ends and they haven't responded then you wont have spent any gold as you was unaware it was going to end.

The fact that until I made this thread no one else had said anything makes me wonder if you checked it? If it was 2 days as intended would you of spent the gold? Either you would or you wouldn't.

The only reason I created this tread was to address the issue so we all had some clarification as to what to expect. Also i have team mates who want to know if they should spend the gold to finish it now or get a little further then finish it saving themselves some gold

Grizz875
01-10-2014, 11:10 AM
If you're worried, You should pry just gold it. Or not worry about finishing a boost-less ltq...

CJ54
01-10-2014, 11:15 AM
The timer's correct, ignore the calendar.

BigTex87
01-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Normally I go by the event timer as the calendar and event splash screens are often wrong. Gree is aware of the issue and a quick check on the real end time and responce should be easy. The lack of a answer on issues like this is why people are so unhapy with them.

Good timing. Thanks for the answer!

robmurphy
01-10-2014, 11:18 AM
So when does the Boss event start? Today?

hood1976
01-10-2014, 11:19 AM

Thanks for stressing everyone out.

Georgi
01-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Date changed to 11th in event screen!

thunder
01-10-2014, 11:24 AM
This is the straw that broke the camels back for me gree. This is coming from a 2000k dollars every four months so 500 dollars a month. I dont mind giving u some money. But for a company that likes to scam people out of their money. Im done. U have a great game now i will enjoy it as a free player when my gold runs out. Thanks gree my wife thanks you.

SpikeyKit
01-10-2014, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the reply

robmurphy
01-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Boss event still states 10th Jan start. Will a Boss start tonight or tomorrow night? Come on Gree.....

Web323
01-10-2014, 11:34 AM
We will find out in 26 minutes

SpikeyKit
01-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Boss event still states 10th Jan start. Will a Boss start tonight or tomorrow night? Come on Gree.....

Its a 5 day event, the schedule was fixed from the 14th to the 15th so the event will be starting tonight. 300 boss kills for your faction

Lancerdually
01-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Thank You CJ54

CJ54
01-10-2014, 12:18 PM
This is the straw that broke the camels back for me gree. This is coming from a 2000k dollars every four months so 500 dollars a month. I dont mind giving u some money. But for a company that likes to scam people out of their money. Im done. U have a great game now i will enjoy it as a free player when my gold runs out. Thanks gree my wife thanks you.

I'm... not entirely sure what the exact issue is here. The timer was longer than the calendar, we left it running for the timer length so as not to make people feel like the rug was jerked out from under them, and then adjusted the calendar so that it was synced up correctly with what the timer was saying.

Thief
01-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Thats what i general go by in general. The Calendar changes too often for it to be anything set in stone. If it was intended to be a 2 day event but turned out to be a 3 day event (and that was shown from the start by the timer) then i don't think there is an issue.

CJ54
01-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Thats what i general go by in general. The Calendar changes too often for it to be anything set in stone. If it was intended to be a 2 day event but turned out to be a 3 day event (and that was shown from the start by the timer) then i don't think there is an issue.

Yeah, that's generally the way to go. The timer is how long something is actually running for, the Calendar is not a live update and has to be changed by hand; if one is messed up, the timer is usually the one to go by.

It is still not good to have this kind of discrepancy in multiple places because a data-push can end up turning something off that still has time on the timer, if we aren't aware that we accidentally added extra time. As to why we wouldn't be aware of that, sometime I will write up a post about the different types of data driven design, and that post will be called "why things do not go as planned sometimes over here".

Master Jeigh
01-11-2014, 12:00 PM

I went ahead and spent gold to finish.

This is just plain stupidity GREE